IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

well now I'm a bit earlier than you, disney, but still 1-2 days away. They started me on Estrace and the baby aspirin yesterday instead. I wrote out all of the dates on my little calendar and transfer day falls on 1/25.
4 things I'm excited about this cycle:
- my meds cost me a grand total of $30
- no needles!
- only 3 blood work days and ONE u/s
- little frostie comes from the group that was successful the first time, and it's already made it to day 5!

well now I'm a bit earlier than you, disney, but still 1-2 days away. They started me on Estrace and the baby aspirin yesterday instead. I wrote out all of the dates on my little calendar and transfer day falls on 1/25.
4 things I'm excited about this cycle:
- my meds cost me a grand total of $30
- no needles!
- only 3 blood work days and ONE u/s
- little frostie comes from the group that was successful the first time, and it's already made it to day 5!

Still cool. Plus you get to transfer even sooner. :thumbup: Lots of similarities between our cycles, I see. I'm also only on estrace and baby aspirin right now (well, plus my thyroid medication). The only needles I'll have are when I start my PIO again :dohh:. Our next transfer is also with a frostie that came from my second IVF cycle, which is the cycle that DD came from. All of my cycle 1 embryos turned out to be a bust (3 failed to implant, and one is genetically abnormal -- we didn't test the first two, which were transferred together).

Klik - your baseline will be here before you know it. You, too - Asterimou. :hugs::hugs:

So I've penned some words, what do you ladies think?

I don't know you yet, but I already know I will unconditionally love you and I will sacrifice parts of my life to build you and support your development

I will give you a platform from which you can flourish and meet your potential, whatever that may be. The world is a confusing place and it's not clear why we are even here. Through this madness there is human goodness that shines through

To love and be loved is the greatest gift of life and I promise to give that gift to you so that we can all make some sense of this crazy existence

I will share with you some of my lessons but know you will have many of your own and I will let you experience things firsthand so that you can develop and grow into your own unique person

I don't know you yet, but I can't wait to meet you.......xx

So I've penned some words, what do you ladies think?

I don't know you yet, but I already know I will unconditionally love you and I will sacrifice parts of my life to build you and support your development

I will give you a platform from which you can flourish and meet your potential, whatever that may be. The world is a confusing place and it's not clear why we are even here. Through this madness there is human goodness that shines through

To love and be loved is the greatest gift of life and I promise to give that gift to you so that we can all make some sense of this crazy existence

I will share with you some of my lessons but know you will have many of your own and I will let you experience things firsthand so that you can develop and grow into your own unique person

I don't know you yet, but I can't wait to meet you.......xx

Beautiful! Simply beautiful and perfect! :hugs:

Wish & Disneyfan: so excellent to be virtual meds-free! Exciting you're both using frosties from a batch that's worked before. Fingers super, super crossed!! :thumbup:

Asterimou: I love it! It is so sweet, and so wonderful, and so true! I hope you get to meet your little one very soon!! :hugs:

I love your words, aster! you've summed up how I feel exactly. <3

ohhhhh I just thought of something else. So I had 3 embies in our first try. We transferred too and froze the last. The 2 that we transferred, both actually implanted but only one continued to grow (we didn't know the 2nd existed until the end - was just a sac). The one that stuck around only lasted until 7 weeks, due to t-22. SOOOO - maybe, just maybe, if we were to have had these tested, 2 would have been abnormal and one would have been normal and that's little Frostie waiting for his big debut!!

Hey, Wish! What is T-22? I'm so sorry you had a MC! I had one at 6 weeks... sooooo sad... I hope this frostie is the one! Transfer day is not far at all... Best of luck!! :hugs:

So sorry to read about your losses, ladies. I hope our next attempts bring us all success! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks, Disneyfan! I had a rough day yesterday... Sometimes things feel quite desperate and it's hard to hold onto hope. A little better today, though...

Thanks, Disneyfan! I had a rough day yesterday... Sometimes things feel quite desperate and it's hard to hold onto hope. A little better today, though...

I've had a few rough days too. Sometimes you feel so positive and then it's as if your reserve just runs out and you can't see the light :( I just think we are all getting so strong from this and it's got to be teaching us faith. When we finally get our blessings we will never take them for granted! I keep telling myself the universe is unfolding as it should and that I shouldn't while away my own precious time while waiting for my blessing. Hard sometimes though. Hang in there xx

I've also decided to have some councelling. My first appointment is this week so I'll let you know if I get any coping tips :)

Aster I know exactly how you feel. I considered counseling a few times because no matter how much family/friends think they are supportive, they really aren't. It's such a difficult journey. I think it's a great idea and I hope you find some inner peace doing it.

good luck with the counseling, aster. I really hope it helps you find the light you need to keep carrying on with all of this.

klik - t-22 is trisomy-22 - a 3rd 'leg' or whatever developed on the 22nd chromosome. I guess it's one of the most common reasons for a mc and there wasn't anything I did to cause it/anything I could have done to avoid it. That made me feel at peace with it. Knowing a large population of women miscarry at least once in their lives and knowing that the older I get, the more common it may be helps me too. I really just feel like I'm going to be so lucky to be able to carry a baby to term, it will most definitely be some sort of miracle. Maybe that sounds dire or exaggerated but having DOR, being 40 now, etc etc - the odds are not with me!

Asterimou, let us know how the counselling goes! I'm debating finding some as well.

Awww hang in there. I know that some days can be really hard, it don't lose hope. I'm pulling for you. :hugs:

I've had a few rough days too. Sometimes you feel so positive and then it's as if your reserve just runs out and you can't see the light :( I just think we are all getting so strong from this and it's got to be teaching us faith. When we finally get our blessings we will never take them for granted! I keep telling myself the universe is unfolding as it should and that I shouldn't while away my own precious time while waiting for my blessing. Hard sometimes though. Hang in there xx

I've also decided to have some councelling. My first appointment is this week so I'll let you know if I get any coping tips :)

Hang in there, Asterimou! I hope that the you find extra peace and strength from your counseling. Youv already been so incredibly strong. I'm sure your little blessing is just waiting for you. :hugs:

Aster I know exactly how you feel. I considered counseling a few times because no matter how much family/friends think they are supportive, they really aren't. It's such a difficult journey. I think it's a great idea and I hope you find some inner peace doing it.

Hi Hope. How are you feeling?

good luck with the counseling, aster. I really hope it helps you find the light you need to keep carrying on with all of this.

klik - t-22 is trisomy-22 - a 3rd 'leg' or whatever developed on the 22nd chromosome. I guess it's one of the most common reasons for a mc and there wasn't anything I did to cause it/anything I could have done to avoid it. That made me feel at peace with it. Knowing a large population of women miscarry at least once in their lives and knowing that the older I get, the more common it may be helps me too. I really just feel like I'm going to be so lucky to be able to carry a baby to term, it will most definitely be some sort of miracle. Maybe that sounds dire or exaggerated but having DOR, being 40 now, etc etc - the odds are not with me!

Fingers and toes crossed that your little frostie is perfect and hangs in there for you! :hugs:

Asterimou, let us know how the counselling goes! I'm debating finding some as well.

Hi Amanda. I hope you're doing ok. :hugs:

I started my once a week acupuncture again this past Saturday. My lining check is next Wednesday, and we'll be checking my thyroid level again at that time. I hope everything is where it should be by then. I'm trying to stay positive and am seriously hoping this works this time. :wacko:

Asterimou: I think it's an excellent idea to have counselling... my clinic offers it but as it turns out I am already in 5x/week (!!!) psychoanalysis so I get plenty of support! My analyst got back from Christmas break yesterday, so I am feeling better already... I hope you find a counsellor who can really understand you. It's in the nature of TTC that we get our hopes up and then, sometimes, have them dashed, which is very painful... It's kind of crazy... one day I'm convinced I'll definitely have babies (yes, plural!) and the next I feel despair that all this effort will be for naught. It's almost bipolar, but in fact it is the nature of this beast... But hopefully, if we persevere we will eventually get a reward for our efforts. I'm really rooting for you! :hugs:

Hope: it's so true, family and friends may do their best but they often don't hit the right register... :hugs:

Wish, thanks for explaining T-22. I am really sorry you went through that disappointment... I know what you mean about the comfort in knowing you did all you could. I also have DOR, and I'm 41, so I'm totally with you. Yes, MCs are super-common, especially for those of us who are paying close attention (most women don't even realise it when they have early MCs)... It is some comfort... And you know implantation is possible for you, so much less of a worry about immune issues! No, we have no certainties... But presumably pretty much everyone pre-menopausal who still has ovaries has SOME good eggs left, regardless of age. And that cliché is so true: you only need one... and you've got one... And hopefully, this frosty will be perfect, and will develop into your precious baby! :dust: :hugs:

Amanda: whatever you decide, I hope it works for you... hang in there! :hugs:

Disneyfan: thank you so much for your encouragement! I'm an incorrigible optimist, so my hopelessness is always temporary (though it doesn't feel that way at the time)... I really feel your support, and it really helps. I haven't tried acupuncture... maybe I will give that a shot this time around. I hope all goes well next Wednesday--in the meantime, I hope you can benefit from some of your own warmth and encouragement! Please be as kind to yourself as you are to us. I'm very hopeful that this next attempt of yours will be the one! :dust: :hugs:

Hope, I just saw your signature: you are pregnant! YAAAAAAY!!!!!! :happydance: I am over the moon for you. Congratulations, and good luck next week on your scan!

thank you klik. I'm still in disbelief. I was so certain IUI wasn't going to work for me and I was ready to start IVF. I don't even feel pregnant at all. The only thing I feel are uterine twinges which scare the hell out of me because I'm worried about having another miscarriage.

Hello ladies,

I just wanted to pop in and say Hello :hi:! This pregnancy which is a blessing has had me down and sick with hyperemeisis. I am currently trying different medication to help with the nausea and vomitting that doctor have recommended, nothing works so far or it works but makes me drowsy which makes it hard to work. I miss you ladies and am always thinking of you all. I will check in again once I start to feel a lot better. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->