IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Amanda: hear, hear!! :thumbup:

Asterimou: thank you so much! I am, well, surviving--there's a little update below. It really is utterly gutting to get that BFN, after the intense experience of embryo transfer, all the meds, and all the waiting, and all that hope!! Enjoy your busy month and I will be around to cheer for you when you try again in February! :hugs:

Disneyfan: I am rooting for you like crazy. I can absolutely feel the pressure of only having two more frosties, and the need for this next one to work. I really, really hope it does... :hugs:

My update: I am taking a short break with DP and the dog, in a nice dog-friendly hotel near Bath, here in England, so not all is terrible. AF arrived a little before I thought it would so I had to rush back to London to do a baseline scan... and, sure enough, I've got a cyst that is producing estrogen :dohh:!! Which means, birth control pill for this cycle, better luck next time. :dohh::dohh::dohh: I'll try not to climb the walls, but who knows, maybe it will make me feel better!

oh, P.S.: AF totally painless this time. I am so relieved!! Yes, not all is terrible... There is joy and there is hope yet!

what the hell, klik?? I didn't know that cysts could produce anything. I thought they just got in the way and made things a lot harder. Ugh, I'm so sorry. Hopefully that thing will be taken care of and your body will be all the better to hold a little one for 9 months.

i'm just waiting for AF to show - probably this Wed or Thurs. I actually put on the Testing thread that I'd test on Saturday if AF didn't show by then. I know I O'ed last Monday and we did BD. Here's to hoping we get a freebie, right?? :rofl: yeah right.

here's to Jan and 2016 being the new fresh start we all need!

Hey, Wish! There are lots of different types of cysts... most are leftover follicles that didn't get ovulated properly. Of those, there are two types: the one that just takes up space (so, not much of an obstacle to anything, especially if like me you don't have that many follies to begin with!) and the ones that act as if they were nice, big follies just waiting to be ovulated... sadly mine is one of these latter ones, producing estrogen just as if it were about to release its gorgeous egg... which means all actual follies for this cycle will not develop properly, deferring to this fake lead follie. Which sadly is just a laggard from the last cycle and needs to go. Oh, well!

As for freebies: Imagine that, doing something pleasurable and then getting pregnant! But hey, you never know!! :winkwink: Best of luck--I will LOVE it if you get a totally unexpected pleasant surprise.

Amanda: hear, hear!! :thumbup:

Asterimou: thank you so much! I am, well, surviving--there's a little update below. It really is utterly gutting to get that BFN, after the intense experience of embryo transfer, all the meds, and all the waiting, and all that hope!! Enjoy your busy month and I will be around to cheer for you when you try again in February! :hugs:

Disneyfan: I am rooting for you like crazy. I can absolutely feel the pressure of only having two more frosties, and the need for this next one to work. I really, really hope it does... :hugs:

My update: I am taking a short break with DP and the dog, in a nice dog-friendly hotel near Bath, here in England, so not all is terrible. AF arrived a little before I thought it would so I had to rush back to London to do a baseline scan... and, sure enough, I've got a cyst that is producing estrogen :dohh:!! Which means, birth control pill for this cycle, better luck next time. :dohh::dohh::dohh: I'll try not to climb the walls, but who knows, maybe it will make me feel better!

oh, P.S.: AF totally painless this time. I am so relieved!! Yes, not all is terrible... There is joy and there is hope yet!

Thanks, klik! :hugs: It sounds like you are having a nice little get away. That's great that you were able to bring the fur baby with you! I'm sorry to hear about the cyst. Hopefully that's gone for you soon. Fingers, legs, toes, and everything else crossed that this next cycle is the one for you and all of us!

what the hell, klik?? I didn't know that cysts could produce anything. I thought they just got in the way and made things a lot harder. Ugh, I'm so sorry. Hopefully that thing will be taken care of and your body will be all the better to hold a little one for 9 months.

i'm just waiting for AF to show - probably this Wed or Thurs. I actually put on the Testing thread that I'd test on Saturday if AF didn't show by then. I know I O'ed last Monday and we did BD. Here's to hoping we get a freebie, right?? :rofl: yeah right.

here's to Jan and 2016 being the new fresh start we all need!

That would be awesome if you get a little freebie. These cycles are so gosh darn expensive! :hugs:

AFM, I started taking my estradiol pills and baby aspirin again on Saturday. I had my blood drawn to check my thyroid level again today. If the level comes back low enough, we are on for a transfer on Thursday, January 28. I was expecting a heavier, more painful AF after my failed FET and have been a little surprised to experience neither. So, either I'm "lucky", or my lining wasn't as thick as I thought it was (it was fine at my lining check 2 weeks before my transfer).

Disney - I am so glad to hear that you are going right back into it! the 28th is not far away! I will be thinking of you!!

AFM: had some spotting last week, started on New Year's Eve. I was a mess. Lasted about three days and stopped. Had an U/S today and the LO is measuring at 9wks4days and the HB is 159. I think I can finally breathe, for now. LOL

I am more than likely right behind you, disney! but yes, a freebie would be just wonderful. :) Highly unlikely though!
Though it's funny - I'd be transferring on day 20, so probably 1/26 or 1/27, so I'd be a little ahead of you for the transfer. We'll see. What's even MORE fun is I'm supposed to be traveling for work that week. I already missed the last trip to this client in Nov b/c I was supposed to have a transfer and that ended up taking longer so I didn't need to miss it at all. What timing! So I guess I hope if I get AF, she comes on Wed or Thurs this week! :shrug:

Tee - glad all is ok and you are breathing easier now!

Disney - I am so glad to hear that you are going right back into it! the 28th is not far away! I will be thinking of you!!

AFM: had some spotting last week, started on New Year's Eve. I was a mess. Lasted about three days and stopped. Had an U/S today and the LO is measuring at 9wks4days and the HB is 159. I think I can finally breathe, for now. LOL

Thank you!! :hugs:

That must have been so scary! I'm glad to hear that LO looked good at your ultrasound! :thumbup: It'll be awesome when you start feeling the movements as it'll help ease the mind a little bit when you are wondering if your little peanut is doing ok.

I am more than likely right behind you, disney! but yes, a freebie27 would be just wonderful. :) Highly unlikely though!
Though it's funny - I'd be transferring on day 20, so probably 1/26 or 1/27, so I'd be a little ahead of you for the transfer. We'll see. What's even MORE fun is I'm supposed to be traveling for work that week. I already missed the last trip to this client in Nov b/c I was supposed to have a transfer and that ended up taking longer so I didn't need to miss it at all. What timing! So I guess I hope if I get AF, she comes on Wed or Thurs this week! :shrug:

Tee - glad all is ok and you are breathing easier now!

Still waiting on my TSH results, but my doctor emailed me today to let me know that we can't get in for a transfer on the 28th. Assuming that my thyroid is fine, our new transfer date will be the 27th. :thumbup: Good luck with the timing for AF and work travel! :hugs:

My thyroid level came back nice and low, so we are proceeding with the plan to transfer on Januray 27. :thumbup: My lining check is scheduled for January 20, and we will be checking my thyroid level again on that day. That's also when the payment for this next cycle will be due. :wacko:

Disney - I LOVE your positivity! I am rooting for you!!!

Tee: thanks! I can only imagine the panic you must have felt when you had the spotting--I am SO glad the ultrasound went well! Hope your little one continues thriving in there! :hugs:

Disneyfan: thank you so much! Glad your TSH is nice and low... Hopefully everything will run smoothly on the 20th, the 27th, and beyond! :hugs:

Wish: one of the toughest struggles for me with this whole TTC journey is the difficulty of planning medium- or, imagine that, long-term! I hope your client is ok with your trips having been cancelled... If you do get your period this time around, I hope it's on Wed or Thu, but I'm still holding out hope for a natural conception for you! :thumbup:

I took my first birth control pill today :dohh:. 20 more to go... OTOH, we soaked in Bath's thermal waters today and are pretty relaxed.... :thumbup:

Thanks, Tee & klik! :hugs:

klik - it sounds like your get-away is nice and relaxing! The 20 days on the pill will fly by before you know it!

Hi everyone. It seems you are all forging ahead with your next cycles. Wishing you all lots of baby dust:)

I'm not even having by follow up consultation until early Feb. I'm travelling with work over the next few weeks and that's the first appointment I could make. It's hard because flights and hotels are booked. I'm still hoping for round 2 to start in Feb. I also had a cyst Klik and luckily it went down on its own before I started.

Well, I will watch how you all get on. Good luck everyone xx

Hi everyone. It seems you are all forging ahead with your next cycles. Wishing you all lots of baby dust:)

I'm not even having by follow up consultation until early Feb. I'm travelling with work over the next few weeks and that's the first appointment I could make. It's hard because flights and hotels are booked. I'm still hoping for round 2 to start in Feb. I also had a cyst Klik and luckily it went down on its own before I started.

Well, I will watch how you all get on. Good luck everyone xx

Thanks, Asterimou! Good luck with your work travels. We'll be rooting for you when you're ready to start again! :hugs:

same here, Aster! Feb will be here before we know it. I hope so anyway - closer to spring!

afm - AF is starting as we speak, so looks like we'll start Estrace tomorrow (real cd1 since I'm just spotting right now) and transfer should be 1/27! So excited!

same here, Aster! Feb will be here before we know it. I hope so anyway - closer to spring!

afm - AF is starting as we speak, so looks like we'll start Estrace tomorrow (real cd1 since I'm just spotting right now) and transfer should be 1/27! So excited!

We are currently aiming to transfer on the same day! :thumbup: We got this!!! :hugs:

Asterimou: our timings may end up being similar... I should have my next baseline scan towards the end of Jan.

Disneyfan, Wish: woohoo! Excited for you, for the 27th! Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->