IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

I hope you get some relief soon brighteyez!

Thanks so much, klik! :hugs::hugs:

Hope - Totally normal to feel what you've been feeling. Your scan next week will be exciting. :thumbup:

Brighteyez - I'm so sorry to hear that you've been feeling sick! I hope you are able to find something that works for you soon. :hugs: I assume you've already tried the typical staples like eating crackers before you even get out of bed, ginger, preggie pops, etc... Hang in there! :hugs:

Yes, I have tried them all Disneyfan88. Nothing is working right now, I will try some meds tonight and see how they work.

Hope - Totally normal to feel what you've been feeling. Your scan next week will be exciting. :thumbup:

Brighteyez - I'm so sorry to hear that you've been feeling sick! I hope you are able to find something that works for you soon. :hugs: I assume you've already tried the typical staples like eating crackers before you even get out of bed, ginger, preggie pops, etc... Hang in there! :hugs:

Yes, I have tried them all Disneyfan88. Nothing is working right now, I will try some meds tonight and see how they work.

Fingers crossed the new meds work for you! :hugs: :dust:

oh bright! I hope you find a remedy soon!

hope - did I miss a beta or something? I feel like this is such a surprise!! CONGRATS!! :happydance:

klik - thank you so much for your optimism! I am typically an optimist to a fault but I think DH is really trying to even me out a bit. it's fine, i'm still hopeful! <3

disney - good luck with all of your tests - I hope everything is coming back looking plush and full of hormones and ready to go!! :)

Hope: amazing! I am so glad IUI did it for you! I totally understand the disbelief and the worry... but I'm sure the twinges are nothing to worry about. Hopefully this one will stick! So happy for you! Hang in there!!! :dust: :hugs:

Bright, I am so sorry you're suffering! You're in distinguished company--Princess Kate suffered from exactly the same thing... I'm sure that's no comfort for you, though :-( . I really hope your meds work for you... Hang in there! :hugs:

Wish, evening out optimism is important sometimes--DP does that for me too... but I'm really glad you are hopeful. I sooooo want this to work for you! :hugs:

Disneyfan, I wanted to share an abstract I've run into regarding blastocysts and gender: apparently girl embryos develop more slowly, on average, than boy embryos, so a supremely healthy girl embryo will on average (your super-DD notwithstanding!) appear lower-grade than a supremely healthy boy embryo. Which is to say, those girl embryos of yours are stronger than they're letting on! (abstract is here: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1471-0528.2010.02788.x/full ). Good luck!! :hugs:

Thanks Wish! Thanks Klik!

Yes I had my beta done last Wednesday. I was shocked when the Dr. told me it was positive. I just can't believe it. It's too early on to be excited considering I've miscarried twice already. Hopefully these progesterone pills do the trick and make this one stick.

klik - thank you so much. i wish so much the same for you - for all of us!!
I'm going to read that item you posted too - sounds very interesting. I can't remember the grade of the blast that my frostie is, I have to look through my paperwork.

hope - hang in there, this one will stick! I understand your cautious optimism, though. That's exactly how I'll be next time (if). :) enjoy it as much as you can today, you are pregnant TODAY! I love your avatar pic too.

oh bright! I hope you find a remedy soon!

hope - did I miss a beta or something? I feel like this is such a surprise!! CONGRATS!! :happydance:

klik - thank you so much for your optimism! I am typically an optimist to a fault but I think DH is really trying to even me out a bit. it's fine, i'm still hopeful! <3

disney - good luck with all of your tests - I hope everything is coming back looking plush and full of hormones and ready to go!! :)

Thanks!! Same for you, too! :hugs: When is your lining check?

Hope: amazing! I am so glad IUI did it for you! I totally understand the disbelief and the worry... but I'm sure the twinges are nothing to worry about. Hopefully this one will stick! So happy for you! Hang in there!!! :dust: :hugs:

Bright, I am so sorry you're suffering! You're in distinguished company--Princess Kate suffered from exactly the same thing... I'm sure that's no comfort for you, though :-( . I really hope your meds work for you... Hang in there! :hugs:

Wish, evening out optimism is important sometimes--DP does that for me too... but I'm really glad you are hopeful. I sooooo want this to work for you! :hugs:

Disneyfan, I wanted to share an abstract I've run into regarding blastocysts and gender: apparently girl embryos develop more slowly, on average, than boy embryos, so a supremely healthy girl embryo will on average (your super-DD notwithstanding!) appear lower-grade than a supremely healthy boy embryo. Which is to say, those girl embryos of yours are stronger than they're letting on! (abstract is here: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1471-0528.2010.02788.x/full ). Good luck!! :hugs:

Thanks for the link! Super interesting stuff - I really appreciate you sharing! :thumbup:

Thanks Wish! Thanks Klik!

Yes I had my beta done last Wednesday. I was shocked when the Dr. told me it was positive. I just can't believe it. It's too early on to be excited considering I've miscarried twice already. Hopefully these progesterone pills do the trick and make this one stick.

:dust: for a healthy and happy pregnancy! I'm sorry to hear about your prior losses. :hugs:

my lining check is next Tues. I have another round of blood work tomorrow morning.

I hope my lining looks ok! It has been 'gorgeous' (according to all of the nurses) each cycle, but every other cycle I've been on menopur, Gonal-F or Lupron. Not sure what all of those do to linings, but I also don't know if Estrace is supposed to help it along.

...when did I become such a nervous Nellie?? hahaha

my lining check is next Tues. I have another round of blood work tomorrow morning.

I hope my lining looks ok! It has been 'gorgeous' (according to all of the nurses) each cycle, but every other cycle I've been on menopur, Gonal-F or Lupron. Not sure what all of those do to linings, but I also don't know if Estrace is supposed to help it along.

...when did I become such a nervous Nellie?? hahaha

I've only been on estrace and baby aspirin before my lining checks. I haven't been on menopur or gonal-f since I did my IVF cycles. I was also on dexamethasone for my previous transfers but was told to skip this time. I also did birth control pills before my last 2 FETs to manipulate my cycle length. I started on estrace right away this time, though. My understanding is that the estrace (estrogen) is used to plump up the lining. My lining has always been "perfect" in the past -- we shall see this time. My acupuncturist recommends lots of red meat and iron-containing veggies (like spinach) leading up to the transfer as that is supposed to help your lining get thicker, too (it encourages your body to make more blood). My lining check is right behind you - next Wednesday. Fingers crossed we are both where we need them. My doctor isn't checking any hormone levels until next Wednesday. I know she's checking TSH (thyroid) -- I'll have to ask if she's checking anything else. I don't want to "waste" any more embryos if everything doesn't appear to be optimal beforehand. Best of luck!!!

Thanks, disney! that's good stuff to know - I'll have to work a steak into my diet in these next few days!! :) I've been trying to eat really (well, somewhat more than usual) clean this month b/c of the extra lbs the Estrace is packing on.
I hear you on not wanting to waste anything - these little gems must be placed in the most optimal environment possible!
My fingers are crossed for you too!

Hello ladies!! Srry I haven't been around but as you know TTC takes a toll on ya! Just a little update.

Our IVF cycle was converted into an IUI cycle 12/14/15. The two week wait was crazy but we survived! I tested on Christmas and got my BFP but was unsure bc my re had me on HCG boosters but I just had a gut feeling so we told the family and everyone was so happy!! Well that following Tuesday I went in for my Beta 15DPIUI and it was 213!! The Nurse was ecstatic , she was singing my name and everything it's definetly an experience I won't forget. I have my 7 week scan next week and we will see babies heartbeat. Plus I'm graduating from my RE's office bitter sweet. But neways I wanted to thank the ladies who supported me on the crazy journey and I wanted to give hope and say keep going!! Baby dust to all of you:).

Congrats Hazel!! That's great news!! We are having our scans on the same day... I pray they both go well for us!

Hi, Hope. After two miscarriages, of course you'll be super-anxious... But every minute that goes by is a little victory. Fingers super, super crossed that this one sticks all the way to term! :hugs:

Wish--I thought of you, too, to be honest, when I saw that abstract--it's nice to know that even if the frostie you've got is "lower grade" than the ones you've transferred, it might (!!) not be about quality at all, it might just mean it's a girl! As for your nerves, well... you are human! Best of luck building up that lining! :hugs:

Disneyfan: you too, best of luck building up that lining! I hope everything is just perfect for your next frostie... :hugs:

Last but not least, Hazel: congratulations!!! How very, very, very exciting for you! :happydance: Enjoy the pregnancy!!

AFM: can't stop fretting... 12 more birth-control pills to take... can't move on with TTC but can't focus on anything else either! :dohh: Oh, well, this too shall pass. And seeing Hope and Hazel's excellent news is very heartening! :thumbup: May it happen to the rest of us, too! :dust:

Thankx Klik! Baby dust to you! And Hope good luck on your scan too! I'll keep you guys posted super excited and nervous !

Wish - :thumbup: :hugs:

Hazeleyez - Amazing news! I'm so happy that your converted cycle worked out for you! Plus, you saved money on not doing IVF - even better! :thumbup: Good luck to you (and Hope) on your scan! :dust:

klik - Thanks for all of the kind words and encouragement! It definitely helps to remain positive! :hugs: The wait can be tiring and drawn out, but you'll be done with those BCPs before you know it, and then that ball will just start rolling along. Hang in there! :hugs:

hazel - congrats to you!!! I'm so happy you had such a great holiday season with such wonderful news. H&H 9 mos to you and sticky bean!! Good luck with your scan!

klik - yes, thank you for all of your PMA and optimistic views on everything!! :) it really is helping - it's fun to just be excited about the process.
I wish there was something I could do to make your 12 days go by quicker!! it's such a pain in the bum. Do you have some weekend plans you could look forward to? That's what is making this wait until transfer easier on me - a few plans in between and a BUSY work schedule.

I went in for my day 9 bloods today and the nurse, who I haven't seen since before the holidays, was like 'this is the frozen cycle right?? yahh!!' - she is super excited b/c of the success they have with the frosties.

so we've got 2 lining checks and 2 baby scans next week
then 2 transfers the week after
THEN klik and aster can get their show on the road
THEN 2 betas
see - things to look forward to!! :)

Thankx Disney and Wish! Wish- Idk how you keep track of if all good job!

Well two weeks ago my progesterone was 19.4 so they gave me the option to go on suppositories and I said yes lol. Their icky I should have opted out lol. But neways I haven't been having morning sickness so I wanted to have my levels re-checked. HCG today-16,209 and progesterone 31.5 so everything is looking great. It's my first pregnancy so a bit nervous but I'm right on track so I just can't wait till next week. It might sound weird but I can't wait till I'm showing it will probably begin to feel more real .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->