IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

So quiet around here... I'll share my latest anxiety: I'm in Brazil (where I'm from), which has got to be one of the worst places for an aspiring mother to be (Zika virus, in case anyone is wondering)... and I'm full of mosquito bites, to boot.:dohh: OTOH, no one in my family has ever had dengue fever (touch wood), which is carried by the same family of mosquitoes as Zika. I'm sure I'll be fine but sometimes it does feel like every little thing I do can hurt my possibilities of having a healthy baby! *sigh*

Enough of the negativity, huh? We've had some good news here recently, and we've now got a couple of ongoing 2ww's. For my part, I can't wait for my baseline scan on Friday!

Klik- I would think the same about Zika. I just feel so sorry for those parents, it must be so hard. I think you actually have to be pregnant so if you got it now it won't impact things (I'm no expert though and have now idea how long the virus lasts!). How long are you staying there? Is it a visit of longer term. If you are staying I would seek advice just as a precaution. I'm with you on the worry after worry. Seems every hurdle we get over there is another! One day those hurdles will end and we'll all get there :)

So quiet around here... I'll share my latest anxiety: I'm in Brazil (where I'm from), which has got to be one of the worst places for an aspiring mother to be (Zika virus, in case anyone is wondering)... and I'm full of mosquito bites, to boot.:dohh: OTOH, no one in my family has ever had dengue fever (touch wood), which is carried by the same family of mosquitoes as Zika. I'm sure I'll be fine but sometimes it does feel like every little thing I do can hurt my possibilities of having a healthy baby! *sigh*

Enough of the negativity, huh? We've had some good news here recently, and we've now got a couple of ongoing 2ww's. For my part, I can't wait for my baseline scan on Friday!

klik - I, too, can understand the concern. :hugs: Fingers crossed for you that you remain healthy for the duration of your stay! It's exciting that your baseline is coming up! You're getting closer! :thumbup:

While the CDC advises against travel to areas where Zika is currently rampant, I did see this on the CDC website, which sounds good:

If a woman who is not pregnant is bitten by a mosquito and infected with Zika virus, will her future pregnancies be at risk?
We do not know the risk to the baby if a woman is infected with Zika virus while she is pregnant. However, Zika virus infection does not pose a risk of birth defects for future pregnancies. Zika virus usually remains in the blood of an infected person for only a few days to a week. The virus will not cause infections in a baby that is conceived after the virus is cleared from the blood.

Asterimou: I feel terrible for the parents, too... What colossal lack of luck... I hope they find a way to stop this thing. It's not even, for the most part, a particularly bad illness for the adults, but those poor babies, and their parents... I'm leaving tomorrow, and so far all I've got is the cold I've brought with me from London. I'm also not in the worst-affected region (I'm in the southeast, where there are significantly fewer cases per capita). So while I'm not actually truly worried for myself, there is just that little niggling doubt: did I do something really stupid? Thanks for the sympathy and advice! I agree--one day we will clear those hurdles, and voila: happy baby!! :hugs:

Disneyfan, thank you so much for the sympathy and encouragement and information! :hugs: One of my niggling fears has been that I'll fly back to London and suddenly develop a fever, and then have to delay treatment for a month or two... but if the infection clears out that quickly, it should all really be ok.

Apologies for the drama. I just feel I have so little control over this process that I have no margin for error on anything I CAN control. But that's a fallacy. Seeing my family is doing me good. On the whole, I'm sure I made the right decision! :thumbup: Good luck to all of us! :dust:

hi girls!

klik - I understand the worries as well but it sounds like you're all good. And I'm sure seeing your family for an extended time helped the heart and soul quite a bit!!
looking forward to your scan this week!

aster - how are the therapy sessions going?

disney - feeling any thicker yet?? :haha: I hope all looks great next week!

Wish! I've been dying to ask--how did it go?!?! :dust: :dust: :dust:

just great!! hopefully the little guy (or girl) is hanging on tightly and thinking 'wow, this is a great place to hang out for the next 9.5 months!' :)

and the grade of the embryo was better than i remembered - an AB and I think the only thing better is AA. The doc said that was excellent and 'you can't get much better than that'. Plus I didn't know that at 5 days, it's already started hatching. So the nurse said it would take about 3 days to implant. I swear I've been on high alert to every niggle going on just in case it's the implantation. Like I can feel it! But I know some get a strong cramp or whatnot. Anyway, let the symptom spotting begin. I'd like to say I'd ignore it but that's not happening.

Beta is 2/5

please please please boobs start hurting this weekend and give me some cramping!!

Out of context that has got to be one of the most bizarre wishes I've ever seen! :rofl:

I'm so glad it all went well, and that your blastocyst is high-quality! Dig in there, little blastocyst! You are home now. :dust:

Good luck with the symptom-spotting! :haha: Please do share if you feel like it! I am sure I'll go fully bonkers when it's my turn to have another 2ww...

I used to constantly post on this thread a little over a year ago when I was trying to get pregnant. I did 4 IVF and 2 FET, My last FET was in December of 2014 and in January 2015 I got my BFP. In September of 2015 I delivered a full term, 7lb 4oz little girl named Adalynn. She was stillborn and had become tangled in her cord three days before my c-section. Im back trying one last time. My husband and I have two frozen embryos left, and no more money. Im praying we get pregnant again, but I know the odds are not in our favor, and even if we conceive, I have learned we will never be "in the clear" until we are holding our live baby. We transferred 12 embryos during all these rounds and only one ever attached, Adalynn. Just looking for support as I start my final FET. This thread was good luck and good support for me before, hopefully it will be again.

Hi, Adr, welcome! :flower: I am so, so, so sorry... What an overwhelmingly painful experience... I am truly sorry for your loss. I am sure it's difficult to keep going, I'm sure the fears loom large, yet you will be trying. You deserve massive kudos for that... But you are carrying on because you know there is hope. It may have been dashed multiple times before, once particularly brutally... but still, hope survives.

Have you got a date yet for your FET? I really hope it works this time, really works, with a live, healthy baby in your arms... Best of luck, and don't despair! :hugs:

Thank you for welcoming me. my FET date is 2/26 and I should TWW with results March 8th.

Adr, I am so very sorry for your loss. All my thoughts are with you!! You definitely deserve this to work. Welcome!

My heart breaks for you and your little one. Wishing you a successful FET and healthy pregnancy xo

Asterimou: I feel terrible for the parents, too... What colossal lack of luck... I hope they find a way to stop this thing. It's not even, for the most part, a particularly bad illness for the adults, but those poor babies, and their parents... I'm leaving tomorrow, and so far all I've got is the cold I've brought with me from London. I'm also not in the worst-affected region (I'm in the southeast, where there are significantly fewer cases per capita). So while I'm not actually truly worried for myself, there is just that little niggling doubt: did I do something really stupid? Thanks for the sympathy and advice! I agree--one day we will clear those hurdles, and voila: happy baby!! :hugs:

Disneyfan, thank you so much for the sympathy and encouragement and information! :hugs: One of my niggling fears has been that I'll fly back to London and suddenly develop a fever, and then have to delay treatment for a month or two... but if the infection clears out that quickly, it should all really be ok.

Apologies for the drama. I just feel I have so little control over this process that I have no margin for error on anything I CAN control. But that's a fallacy. Seeing my family is doing me good. On the whole, I'm sure I made the right decision! :thumbup: Good luck to all of us! :dust:

No apologies needed! It's a stressful situation but one that I'm sure you'll do fine with. Enjoy the rest of your visit and I wish you safe travels home. Best of luck with your scan!! :hugs:

hi girls!

klik - I understand the worries as well but it sounds like you're all good. And I'm sure seeing your family for an extended time helped the heart and soul quite a bit!!
looking forward to your scan this week!

aster - how are the therapy sessions going?

disney - feeling any thicker yet?? :haha: I hope all looks great next week!

I sure hope so! I'm experiencing an increase in symptoms from the estrace. If you've taken it, you likely know what I'm referring to.:blush: :haha: I went for acupuncture last Saturday, and when I reported that my lining was too thin and my FET was being pushed back, she changed tactics and did electroacupuncture on my back instead, which is supposed to help with my lining. I've also increased my beef intake. Fingers crossed for good news on Monday!

just great!! hopefully the little guy (or girl) is hanging on tightly and thinking 'wow, this is a great place to hang out for the next 9.5 months!' :)

and the grade of the embryo was better than i remembered - an AB and I think the only thing better is AA. The doc said that was excellent and 'you can't get much better than that'. Plus I didn't know that at 5 days, it's already started hatching. So the nurse said it would take about 3 days to implant. I swear I've been on high alert to every niggle going on just in case it's the implantation. Like I can feel it! But I know some get a strong cramp or whatnot. Anyway, let the symptom spotting begin. I'd like to say I'd ignore it but that's not happening.

Beta is 2/5

please please please boobs start hurting this weekend and give me some cramping!!

Fantastic news about your blast! :dust: that your little one hangs on tight and settles in! My doctor says that day 5 blasts implant within 2 days. Good luck!!

Out of context that has got to be one of the most bizarre wishes I've ever seen! :rofl:

:rofl:

I used to constantly post on this thread a little over a year ago when I was trying to get pregnant. I did 4 IVF and 2 FET, My last FET was in December of 2014 and in January 2015 I got my BFP. In September of 2015 I delivered a full term, 7lb 4oz little girl named Adalynn. She was stillborn and had become tangled in her cord three days before my c-section. Im back trying one last time. My husband and I have two frozen embryos left, and no more money. Im praying we get pregnant again, but I know the odds are not in our favor, and even if we conceive, I have learned we will never be "in the clear" until we are holding our live baby. We transferred 12 embryos during all these rounds and only one ever attached, Adalynn. Just looking for support as I start my final FET. This thread was good luck and good support for me before, hopefully it will be again.

Welcome! It breaks my heart to read about your loss. I'm so very sorry and wish you the best of luck with your next FET. :hugs::hugs::hugs: The ladies here are incredibly supportive! :dust: that you will find success very soon! :hugs:

@Wish ...sending you lots of sticky dust vibes!! :dust:

adr - welcome back, though I am so sorry that you had to be back. What a terrible, heartbreaking experience. You are so strong for making it through that and coming up for air to try again. I can't imagine. We are totally here to root you on with your next cycle!

disney - that's great that you got a change up in the acu! I am on a butt-load of estrace but I actually don't know what you're referencing! unless you mean the cm. Ugh, i'm just so out of proportion with my own hormones.

hope - how was your scan last week? did you update us? how are you feeling?

klik - i'll totally keep you all updated on any symptoms!

amanda - how are things going with you? feeling anything?

Yep - the CM. So much of it all the time. :dohh: I remember it lessening after I started the progesterone on my last cycle.

my scan went well. baby is measuring 7weeks+1. Heart beat was 142bpm. They didn't draw blood this time. He said since everything seems to be measuring well, he's no longer concerned with my hcg or progesterone levels. I cry every time I have a scan because I feel so overwhelmed that this miracle I've long waited for will be gone in a second. No matter how often people try to tell me to relax and enjoy your pregnancy I can't. It's frightening! Unfortunately for us ladies, we don't get that happy blissful worry free bubble. We struggled to get pregnant and might have to face struggling to stay pregnant.

Do you ladies ever think about how you are going feel once you get your bfp? Do you think you'll be like me? Or am I crazy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->