IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Wish: Oooooh, ok, now I understand that abbreviation, finally! So you're now 7dp2dt, which = 9dpo. Ok! I hope your sore boobs are an excellent sign indeed! :dust:

Your kitties sound gorgeous!

I think I want to push for a fresh day-3 transfer this cycle, if possible. I'm too impatient to wait another, what, 3 months before my next transfer. I'll be nearly 42 by then! If this cycle gets cancelled maybe I'll start medicating for an FET and just hope the little frozen blast survives the thaw... Ugh! :dohh:

Hi ladies - it's been a little busy around here so I've been keeping up on my phone but haven't really been able to post.

I hope all of the fur-babies are doing better!

Asterimou - Good luck with your scan!

Amanda - Hang in there. It's still a little early, so you've definitely still got a chance. I'm pulling for you!! :hugs:

Wish - All sounds good so far. :dust:

Klik - If you're wanting to do a fresh transfer, I'd push for it. Some people respond better to FETs and have better results with frozen transfers, but there's no reason to freeze "just because". Even better scenario would be you get more than one embryo - transfer one and freeze what's left. :hugs: :dust:

Boopin - If you're lurking, I hope AF has come by now and that you've been able to get started.

AFM - I asked my doctor about what kinds of testing we can do before my next transfer. I let her know that we likely won't continue after this next FET, and I want to do everything we can to increase our odds, including testing for immune issues. She plans to do a hysteroscopy in May or June. We'll also run blood work for natural killer cells, and she wants to do a "thrombophilia" work up (whatever that is). And then we already knew that my next protocol will be completely different.

Hello Lovely Ladies :flow:

I haven't been posting much lately regarding myself. As there isn't much to report unfortunately. I'm still waiting on AF. She sure is taking her sweet time to visit me post mmc. It's so nerve racking ladies!! Every little ache and twinge down there I think it's her and its NOT!! :wacko:

I hope everyone is doing as well as can be. GL and fx'd for all upcoming procedures. :dust:

Disney - How are you my dear?? Did you ever get the results on your products of conception?? I have a question and I hope it doesn't upset you. If so, I apologize in advance. You stated that your embryos were genetically tested and the normals were transferred. How is it that your pregnancy still stopped developing?? Has your doctor given you any explanation(s)?? That's heartbreaking and frustrating at the same time. So unfair. :shrug:

Hi Boopin. I'm sorry to hear AF still hasn't come yet. My doctor told me to expect mine about 6 weeks post D&C. Hopefully she shows for you soon as I know you are anxious to get started again. :hugs:

Your question doesn't upset me at all, though I do struggle to comprehend how we continue to run into multiple issues when transferring "normal" embryos. After our FET last December failed, my doctor gave me this link (https://www.igenomix.us/tests/mitoscore/) and said that newer PGS procedures allow them to determine the "energy potential" of embryos, which I guess gives them more information about the implantation potential of an embryo. After we ran into the issue of the last one failing to develop into an embryo, I asked her again how we came across this issue as my understanding is that a blighted ovum is generally the result of chromosomal defects. She again referenced this information about energy potential as a potential cause. I asked how common something like this is, and she said it's not common at all. I wish I knew why the last one failed. My body obviously couldn't tell the difference as we saw that the empty embryo sac was still growing even after we confirmed it was empty. I need to follow up with my doctor about the results as the company that performed the test called me today and said that the results were already sent when I asked. My doctor said it's not common, but I guess it's also possible that an embryo can test as normal and then abnormal as that is one of the things they are testing for with the products of conception.

That's a very interesting and informative link Disney. I'm still reading it, but wanted to say thanks for sharing!! There's so much science behind natures miracle of conception. So many factors involved to achieve a successful pregnancy. Things that we aren't even aware of until we're faced with infertility. xx

Just FYI - Here's the link she gave me for the NK cell test: https://reprosource.com/reprosource...l-activation-with-ivigintralipid-suppression/

Just FYI - Here's the link she gave me for the NK cell test: https://reprosource.com/reprosource...l-activation-with-ivigintralipid-suppression/
I just emailed my Kaiser ob/gyn doctor and asked her to order this test for me. Keeping my fx'd that she'll do it.

Hi ladies. My scan was good, no cysts :) so I'm ready to start my meds on Sunday. Feeling excited now.

Amanda and Wish, I'm really hoping those embies have stuck.

Boopin, hope AF hurries up

Klik: I wish I had some advice for you but you seem to know what you want and follow your gut.

Disney: hope you're okay xx

hi girls

disney - that is really, really frustrating. We pay all of this money for the PGS testing b/c it's supposed to point out which embryos are normal and then they turn out not to be? I understand, it's nature when it comes down to it... but still. I really hope the doc can find the right path for you. There's another friend of mine on another thread that found out she has 15% NKCs or something. It seems easy to treat but just another bump in the road. Her doc said it's more common than we think.

boopin - I hope AF gets here soon for you as well. How many weeks out from your m/c are you now?

amanda - how are you feeling? any more testing?

afm - I'm feeling ok today. Boob soreness has gone down but is still there a little. I am cramping right now like AF is going to come. Today would be the normal day - 10dpo. So I dunno - guess I won't know until I test, people don't always have super early symptoms, yadda yadda yadda :)

Boopin - Good luck!

Asterimou - Great news about the scan! :dust:

Wish - Yes, very frustrating. I did get my results back, and they came back indicating that the baby was normal and female. That's consistent with what we thought we were putting in, so it at least confirms that the lab didn't give my doctor the wrong embryo to transfer. I'll admit a small part of me wishes they transferred the wrong one and that we really had TWO left. I hopeful that my tests will come back normal or that it's easily treatable if the do find something out of the ordinary.

Oh, and I'm not sure if this helps, but I had lots of cramping off and on before my BFP showed up. Hang in there -- it won't be too much longer! :hugs:

Disneyfan: I'm sorry it's all so frustrating. We do all we can to make everything as predictable as possible, and yet... A lab mistake would have been enraging, but also a big relief... I'm sorry... Anyway, I'm glad your doc is doing all the tests she can think of--hopefully that will get you really ready for this next attempt. I thought of you when my doc said medicated FETs had a 7% higher chance of success--who knows, this might be what you need right now. But in the meantime, there's a lot of sadness and frustration to digest... :hugs:

Boopin: I think AF takes her time when we are impatiently waiting for her! I hope she's here soon!

Asterimou: hurrah! Good luck! I hope your protocol is exactly what you need! :dust:

Wish: yadda yadda yadda indeed! Well done on keeping yourself sane! :hugs:

My AF arrived... patch came off, baseline scan tomorrow. Hoping for no cancellation, of course, though then we'll have to decide what to do with any embryos we might get!

thanks! yep, only a couple more days of insanity. :dohh::haha:

disney - yes! I had them too back last May! I haven't had them since and I don't usually get them with AF, at least not the first day of.

aster - what is your upcoming protocol? sorry if you already shared. I'm so excited for you!

klik - good luck at your scan tomorrow!!

Thanks, klik! :hugs: I believe we are going full-on medicated next time. Lupron shots, femara, estrogen patches, and my doctor mentioned maybe another shot until a heartbeat is seen. I forgot what else she indicated I'd be on but she said it would be a lot different from my previous protocol. Best of luck with your scan tomorrow. :dust::dust::dust: for no cysts!!

Wish - Sounds promising. When do you plan to start testing? Not that I'm trying to be a bad influence or anything. :haha::hugs:

heehee - you couldn't be worse than I already am on myself right now. I don't know if I'll test early or not. I really want to but...I dread seeing that start white test.

AF is here 6 weeks to the day my mc completed!! :happydance: Thank you Jesus. [-o<

Disney - My Kaiser doctor said they don't offer the NK test through their lab. What a bummer. Are you getting yours done through a private lab or is it covered through your insurance?

My doctor is doing the test (collecting the blood) at her office, and then she will be sending it in for me. I'm betting my insurance (Anthem) won't cover it and will say that I've used my lifetime max of $7,000 on infertility services, and we'll be left paying out of pocket. I'm curious if they will cover the hysteroscopy that she wants to do, too. It would be nice if they paid for something since I've basically reached my out of pocket max for everything else for the rest of the year already. If I find out an out of pocket price, I'll let you know. Is your RE through Kaiser or is your Kaiser doctor a different doctor and your RE is out of network?

Boopin - I just emailed the company and asked what the out of pocket cost is for that test. I'll let you know what I find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->