IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Aw, Wish... Maybe it's just too early for a urine test? But if not... I'm really sorry... you've had an amazingly positive attitude throughout all this... I'm so sorry... it's really disappointing! Also drives me bonkers that you had to inject yourself every day with loads of expensive stuff only to end up with just what a no-stims cycle would probably have given you anyway...

I really am sorry. I'm glad you got to talk it over a bit with your DH (or so it seems...) I think DE is a wonderful option, if indeed you've had it with trying to use your OE. All accounts I've ever seen of women pregnant with DE have been full of wonder at that life finally growing within them... Of course, things don't always run smoothly then either--Boopin had an unfortunate experience... But that worry and frustration of trying to get one of those last few eggs, at least, is eliminated. If you go down that path, I may well be joining you soon...

You totally have it in you to be a mother, one way or another. I don't know how it will happen, but I feel confident that it will. I'm just sorry you have to go through so much disappointment before you get there...

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi, Disneyfan, we crossed posts... Thanks for the sympathy and the wishes, and for the info on your FET protocol... And you're right about Wish--it ain't over yet. I really hope the bloods belie the POAS result...

klik - thank you so much - your words are so kind. :hugs: Yeah, DH and I have been emailing a little bit today since he can't really talk while at the office. I just called to schedule an appointment with a nurse who is an expert on donor stuff. It's through a service that DH's work/insurance offer when one is going through fertility treatments. That should help us get some questions answered. I have that for Fri at 9am, since I have to travel again to CA tomorrow morning through Thurs night.

It is really frustrating and I'm frustrated for all of us who keep signing up to inject more and more meds into our systems and not get any new results out of it (like you said - same result if it was a non-medicated cycle!). You can't get results if you don't try, I know that. But I feel like I'm starting to border on that 'definition of insanity' thing - the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results. I guess it's not that dire, the protocols have been changed up. But with my age and having had DOR for who knows how long now, i can't keep expecting that things will be different the next time. Ugh. Anyway - sorry for my train of thought here....you're all so amazing, i don't want to bring any of you down!! I'm usually much more positive than this!

I'm so sorry to hear that Wish :(

It can be so disheartening seeing that negative test month after month. There really are no words to make any of it easier. All we can really do is offer hugs and prayers that it will work out in the end :hugs:

Ladies - I have an update to share with you. I start bcp and antibiotics tomorrow. My saline sonogram is scheduled for this Wednesday morning at 1015. My meds are being ordered and tentative schedule is being created. I'll have my FET calendar by end of the week. We're aiming for a late May transfer. I'm so happy!! :happydance:

Aw, Wish. I really wanted this to be your time. My friend sent me a nice saying that I'm living by at the moment 'There is no need to rush and force things to happen, everything is occurring in perfect timing' I know with our body clocks tick ticking that might not ring true but I like saying it anyhow. You are very positive and I'm sure you will find the right next step xx

Klik; you're trip sounds stressful, all that mosquito protection! I hate the smell of DEET, you're eyes must have been watering!

Disney, as with the others I concur you are a fabulous support for us all. I did my first injection last night and will start stimms on Sunday. Finally feeling positive about this cycle- persistent affirmations!

Boopin; great news on your birthday! Excited for you :)

Amanda; any news?

Hope; thanks for hanging around to give us all hope ;)

So, I just got the call. Beta is 46, which is low, they like to see over 100. So there's a chance this is a chemical, but I have to go back Thursday to serif they get better. Always a chance it's a slow start. So I'm very cautiously pregnant for now, but still not holding my breath!

Wish, I'm so sorry. *hugs*

Wish: we haven't heard from you re. beta, so I assume the news aren't good... I guess you must be on your way to CA soon. I hope all goes well in your trip, and you get some time to grieve and to mull things over... If at some point you want to look into trying again with your OE, with a low- or no-stim protocol, I am full of ideas (I am dubious about high-stim protocols anyway for DOR women)... but if upon reflection you figure you are done with that, I for one will be here to cheer you on. I know I fall in love with other people's babies all the time--I'm sure if I carried one to term, it wouldn't much matter whose genetic material was in there... Anyway, I'm sorry. It sucks. It really does. :hugs:

Amanda: Ugh! You're stuck in a limbo! Not sure if it helps or hurts, but my clinic only tests 14 days post transfer at the very minimum, and even then they refuse to give a definitive "no" before 16 days post transfer. So... My fingers are tightly, tightly crossed that indeed it is just a slow start, and that by Thursday your beta has more than octupled! :dust: I hope you are indeed really and truly properly pregnant!!

Boopin: lovely news! I hope everything goes well on Wednesday! :hugs:

Asterimou: thanks! Attending a funeral covered in DEET was particularly annoying--hugging people smelling like a chemical plant; plus, every time I wiped my tears my eyes would start burning. Ugh. It got in the way a little bit of really mourning and comforting, but I managed to do some of that anyway... Well, I'm super-excited that you're starting a new cycle! I have high hopes for you this time--I hope the time off has been excellent for you! :dust:

:hugs: to all...

hi girls!

amanda - I'm keeping everything crossed for the both of us. My beta actually came back positive too, though much lower than yours at 11.82. I actually went in a day early I guess, so we are hoping that by tomorrow's test it's way up there. We'll see, that's probably wishing for the impossible. For now we are just hoping it's not ectopic.

so thank you for your thoughts and hopes and wishes, everyone! Hopefully we just have a really late implanter on our hands. Chances of that are slim, but all I can do is hope.

B/c we don't know if it's ectopic or not, the doc didn't want me traveling so i cancelled my trip. It was a 'nice to have' extra trip anyway so not a big deal. I'm kinda glad I'm not dealing with traveling this week now - less stress. And I set up an acu appointment for earlier this morning to get some anxiety out.

boopin - that is great news!! Things are really gearing up for you!!

aster - I like your friend's quote. I am certainly not the most patient person and tend to push things so I'll try to remember this and sit back and relax and let the cards fall where they may.

klik - I'd love to try again with my OE but I feel like we're just beating our heads against the wall. Chances would be so much higher if I used a younger egg.

I hope everyone has a good day! if anyone needs me, i'll be googling 'low beta success stories'.... :wacko:

Wish,

I've read numerous stories on here of woman who had low betas and they progressively jumped every 2 days. Just stay positive and lets hope for the best!! I know I will be praying this one sticks and is in the right spot!

Wish here's hoping for the both of us!!!! I don't go back until Thursday, what about you? It's so hard knowing there's nothing to do but hope! This is my first ever BFP though, so I at least have that as something good to hold on to.
I've google the shit out of low beta numbers and they are all over the place, so it's hard to go just by that. That being said, for 4w, the normal range is between 5 and 430, so we are still within range!

omg, thank you for sharing that!! I was thinking, the numbers have to start somewhere, right? And there was DEFINITELY something going on over the weekend with me b/c I felt like absolute crap. So if implantation was happening then, which would be pretty late, then my numbers would be crap right now. Just trying to find some sort of positive thing to hold on to. :)

I go back in tomorrow. I just took my 2nd HPT and it was negative again, though I looked up the sensitivity of it and it starts at 25iu or whatever and even if I doubled from yesterday, I still wouldn't be up to 25. So I expected a negative but..yanno...hoped for a surprise. :)

Hope, thank you for your prayers and the note about successes! I'm feeling pretty zen for some reason right now so I hope that is a good thing.

I don't know how I missed it, these threads move fast....congrats to you too Amanda!! How exciting! Things are starting to turn around on this board and I'm loving the positivity! :dance:

Replying quickly from my phone as it's super busy at work today, but I wanted to send lots of sticky vibes to Wish and Amanda. Hang on, little ones!!!

Yes, Wish and Amanda you're both still in. It is completely possible, keep the faith xx

Wish, Amanda, indeed, you're still in the game! Wish, best of luck on Wed! Amanda, best of luck on Thu!

Can't wait to hear! I've got everything crossed for you gals!

:dust::dust::dust::dust:

Thank you! I'll take all the dust you can give! hahaha - well, I'll split it with Amanda :)

My nurse was so cute this morning. First, she sighed and rolled her eyes when I said I had been asking Dr Google some things. :haha: I said i was looking up 'low beta success stories' and though there are some, there are many that don't end up well eventually. So she countered with a story about a woman they just released to her OB about a month ago who started with a beta of about 20. I asked if she'd know if she miscarried after that and she said they'd be notified.

Also, she about hopped out of her skin when i told her we'd be looking into donor eggs if this doesn't work out. She's been a proponent of that and was a little sad when i said we weren't going to go in that direction earlier this week. She literally jumped up and went 'YES!!! DAMMIT, YES!!' :rofl: I love her so much.

Amanda - one more day for you - how are you feeling?

That's great wish! 20 eh? Cool! I've officially googled the SHIT out of low beta success stories, and there are no more pages left I haven't read. Oh, and I don't feel any more confident about the situation, so it didn't help lol. I've been nauseous quite a bit the past few days. On and off throughout the day, but mostly worse when I wake up and right before lunch. Also haven't been eating much else than bread and butter as it's the only thing I can stomach. Hoping this is a good sign (lol also googled that as well)
I took a CB digital last night, and it still says pregnant 1-2 weeks. It SHOULD be 2-3 weeks, but makes sense since my beta was low.

I keep thinking that if I was just a normal person not going through IVF, I would have seen the positive test, and just been happy, without ever knowing beta numbers. I'm trying to stay as happy as I can without getting my hopes up until tomorrow. Sooooo stressful though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->