IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

ok you get all the dust now, Amanda! I got my results - down to 3.9, so it's a chemical. Kinda expected, it would have been a miracle if it lasted.

I'm going to set up a consult and talk about donor eggs. The doc said that she's not confident, at this point, that she can help us anymore than we could do on our own.

Oh, Wish! :hugs: I'm so sorry... :hugs:

It's so sad...

Best of luck on your donor eggs conversation, whenever it may be... I really hope that all runs smoothly. You've been through a whole lot of pain to get where you are now. I really wish that weren't so... :hugs:

I'm sorry Wish. I really thought this time was it for you. On a brighter note, I'm happy you have a plan B with donor eggs. Hopefully your consult goes well and you can start on a new journey :hugs:

Quick update - My appointment went well. My uterus got a clean bill of health.. lol!! Moving forward with my FET. :happydance:

So sorry Wish. Sending you BIG HUGS!! :hugs: :hugs:

amanda - Fx'd for a doubling beta for you!! GL hun!!

thanks, everyone! :hugs:

yes, I'm intrigued and a little excited for next steps, but also excited for a little break. I didn't get a consult scheduled until 5/4. I also don't know how long the process will take but I assume that will depend on if we go frozen or fresh. Lots of questions!

If my eggs were what was in the way, then bring on some brilliant 20-something's!

Wish I'm so sorry :( I'm trying to prepare myself for the same result tomorrow.

Wish - I'm so sorry! I was really pulling for you. :hugs::hugs::hugs: You are being amazingly strong and positive. I wish you great luck with the donor egg route, and I'll definitely be here to continue cheering you on along way! Boopin may have a good idea of how long a donor cycle might take. I'm guessing we may both be looking at transferring around a similar time. A break will allow you to focus some attention on yourself, which isn't a bad thing. :hugs:

Amanda - Good luck tomorrow!

Boopin - Great news! :happydance:

We're lining up meds for my next transfer so that they are ready to go whenever we are. My insurance requires that I use a mail order pharmacy, and they take forever to process meds. Here's my list of medications that were ordered from the pharmacy for my upcoming FET cycle. :wacko:

Desogen (birth control)
Lupron 2 week kit + needles
estradiol 0.1mg patches
femara
progesterone in oil + syringes + needles
doxycycline
medrol
dexamethasone
valium
aspirin
lovenox

I did confirm that the hysteroscopy is coded as a gynecological procedure and not infertility, so my insurance will most likely cover it. I'm almost at my out of pocket max, so any amount we may have to pay should be minimal. :thumbup: They will be putting me under again for the procedure, so I get another day off from work. I'm still unsure if I'll also need a saline sonogram or if the hysteroscopy will cover everything we need from a looksy-perspective. I hope I won't need the saline sonogram as I'd definitely have to pay for that out of pocket.

oh my!! that's a lot of stuff, disney! I'm so excited that you're getting everything lined up. It'll be here before you know it.

Amanda - good luck today!! All positive vibes going to you!! :dust:

Thanks, Wish! Kinda makes me a little :wacko: just thinking about it. I'm excited to try again but am also taking the time to enjoy the little breather that we've found ourselves with. I was on a fairly restrictive diet for so long that it's nicer to be a bit more relaxed about the "should do's". :thumbup: Next month's vacation can't come soon enough!

How are you doing today? :hugs:

Amanda - :dust::dust::dust:

Thanks for the positive vibes!!!! Something is working, beta today was 157 so more than tripled! Have to go back for another test on Monday, then if that's good then I wait for the u/s. Thanks for the dust guys!

Wow, Amanda, way to go, girl! I hope this is truly that sticky bean you've been hoping for! :dust: :dust: :dust:

Wish, I'm really glad you're looking forward to your next step. Rest up for the next couple weeks, and enjoy... and I hope those DE turn out to be brilliant indeed! :hugs:

Hope: how are you feeling? I hope pregnancy is treating you well! Thanks for the cheering!

Disneyfan: wow, a lot of meds! So your FET protocol now takes 2 cycles--is that right? So glad the hysteroscopy is covered (or mostly) by your insurance! Apart from ordering the meds, will you leave all of it until after you come back from your holiday?

Boopin: Yaaaaaay! Well done!

I met with my doc today, and despite Zika exposure he's ok with me using this cycle as the first cycle in a (2-cycle) medicated FET. (If either I or DP has symptoms, though, we have to wait 6 months--but we don't think that's going to happen.) It was either that or downregulate this cycle and then go to the US in May--but it felt really stupid to have a blastocyst and not try to transfer it, you know? Anyway, I've got a 3D SIS (I think that's a saline sonogram) scheduled for Monday now--he considered a hysteroscopy but decided on balance he didn't think it was necessary. I'll also have NK cells tested, just in case, though he explained that whole universe of immune treatments is controversial. He also recommended endometrial scratching in this cycle, to get my blood flowing really nicely and make me extra-ready for next cycle. My main regret: not being able to try naturally for the next two months. But... if this works, then it's worth it! He put the chances at over 20%, which is pretty good for a 41-year-old with only one embryo to transfer... As good as it gets for us old-timers! Like Disneyfan's, my list of meds is long and daunting...

amanda!! That's WONDERFUL!!! I'm so happy for you - I hope this is it! Enjoy everything - worrying won't change a thing so try to sit back, relax and enjoy it - you're pregnant!

klik - I'm so glad you're able to get going! that is a great percentage! I think doing everything you can do sounds awesome. I'm sorry, i can't remember - do you go to acupuncture too? Might help with relaxation and getting your body in ultimate shape to receive your little frosty! I'm such a proponent of this now. :)

disney - yeah, I'm happy to have a couple of weeks off too. I just hope AF gets here quickly. I am less sad than yesterday - to come so close...though I know I could have come closer and experienced way more loss. So I'm ok. I wish my boobs would stop hurting, though - I don't like the reminder of what was.

boopin - so glad your uterus is ready to go!! let's get that frosty snug as a bug :happydance:

Oh Wish, big hugs to you. Maybe DE is the way forward. Keep the faith xx

AMANDA I am sooooo happy for you! I know you've had lots of downs on this journey and it is an inspiration to us all to keep in the game. You are pregnant:)

Klik- I think 20% chance is a glimmer of light and means this is completely possible for you. I will be here to cheer you on xx

Amanda - That's fantastic news!! :happydance:
:dust::dust::dust:

Klik - I don't think my protocol necessarily takes 2 cycles, but we chose to wait until July to do our transfer. We have vacation in month from now, and then I want about a month to clean up my diet. That puts me at just before DD's birthday, and I want to make sure that I'm not on restricted activity for her birthday, so we decided we'll transfer for after that. :thumbup:

It's great that you can proceed with your FET. I agree that it's a good idea to try the transfer before investing all of the money to come to the US for another round of treatments. Best of luck with all of the testing/sonogram! :dust:

Wish - You are incredibly strong, and your optimism is so great! Hopefully your boobs stop hurting soon. (Can you imagine if I walked up to someone in person and said that? :haha:)

HAHA I often think that! I just start with the nicknames of some sometimes! A friend of mine on here said that she was telling her husband that 'hey! Wish is at this game!' when they were watching some game last year and he goes 'Wish??' :rofl:

Ha ha, you girls crack me up :haha:

I'm on day 5 down reg so just an easy injection once an evening, this is the easy bit hey. Start stimms on Sunday. The idea is my little follies are gonna prefer Menopur. :thumbup:

HI LADIES :wave:

Just got settled in at work and wanted to give a quick Congrats to amanda. You did it girlfriend!! :thumbup: You're definately pregnant and I'm excited for you!! You deserve this so very much. And I concur with Wish... Enjoy every moment of your pregnancy!! :dust: :dust: :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->