IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Can't sleep! :wacko:

Looking at my clinic's numbers I think 18.7% is more like my chances ("live births per frozen embryo transferred")--I think my doc wants me optimistic because he thinks it helps :winkwink:. Either way, it's much better than cumulative results for a fresh cycle at Cornell for my age group (10.1%), and as Disneyfan pointed out I then avoid the ridiculous expense of transatlantic flights and new cycles (not to mention the stress and disruption...) So I know I'm making the right choice--why in heaven can't I sleep?! Maybe the residual fear of Zika infection...

Feh.

Wish: Yes, doing acupuncture now--acupuncturist is out this week, though--maybe helps explain the insomnia :winkwink: I don't necessarily believe in the effectiveness of the needles, but it is forced relaxation, which I have very little of! I'm sure that helps. Also, you're right, it's WEIRD how much we know intimate details about each other, and yet we don't know each other at all--not even names! Well, no matter--nickname or not, you have a special place in my heart and I'm rooting for you like crazy! :hugs:

Asterimou: yes, thanks for the cheering on! I'm glad I can be here to cheer you on, too! FX'ed the down-reg and stims do their job, and that your follicles LOVE that Menopur! :dust:

Disneyfan: thanks! :hugs: Oh, ok, I thought you'd start down-regulating with the BCP and then Lupron in cycle 1 (say, in June) and then getting your hormones all lined up in cycle 2 (say, July)--that would be the parallel of my protocol (except for me it's norethisterone and buserelin instead of BCP and Lupron). But I'll find out more about your protocol as you implement it! I think your plan is fab, to totally let yourself go during your holiday in May, to be able to pick up and play with your DD on her bday, and to have a month back on a "responsible" diet before your ET! :thumbup:

Boopin: Hi! So you're taking the BCP already? Hope all goes well with the down-regging! :hugs:

Klik - I'm sorry you can sleep. I seem to have trouble going to bed at a reasonable hour these days -- no matter what time I'm waking up in the morning. :wacko: Actually, now that you mention it, I may very well be starting BCP when my period starts. I actually have no idea what the plan is other than to tell her when AF arrives. :haha: I think AF is due around the start of May. My doctor said it would be about 6 weeks after my D&C, which I believe is around May 4.

I'm like you regarding acupuncture. I don't necessarily "believe" in it, but I figure it can't hurt, and it does force me to relax a bit -- at least when I go in. I wish it was cheaper -- those people make damn good money!

I'm sure that your precautions in Brazil were perfect and you have nothing to worry about, but I'm sending you good vibes for NO Zika virus anyway. :hugs: I'm hoping it doesn't make it's way to California - and certainly not to southern California when we are down that way next month. :wacko:

<3<3 klik - I hope you're able to get some sleep soon. Your brain is on overdrive woman.. LOL!! I know it's hard when you've got a lot on your mind, but try to get some rest my dear. :hugs:

On my clinic's patient portal there's a Zika Virus disclaimer now. That's kinda scary!! :nope: :shrug:

Got to get up early in the morning. I have a :brush:appointment. Good night lovely ladies. :sleep:

Good luck at your dentist appointment, Boopin. Mine was this past Monday.

I need to start looking into kid-friendly mosquito repellent. We'll be outside for most of the time when we are at Disneyland, and though they say it's not here yet, I don't want to take any chances *knock on wood* :wacko:

Thanks, ladies! I hope you're now sound asleep. I managed to go back to bed in the end and had lots of weird dreams--Boopin is right, my brain is indeed on overdrive!

Disneyfan: sorry, I don't mean to push you to think about your protocol when all you want is probably to relax! And yeah, I've been thinking about you going to Southern California--fortunately it seems Zika is not endemic in the continental US, and hopefully will never be, but absolutely, some mosquito repellent is in order for the whole family, just in case! And as for expensive acupuncturists--I was thinking that too--it's probably one of the best bang-for-your-education-bucks jobs out there! Maybe we should re-train!

Boopin: good luck on your dentist's appointment! I love to see that you seem to be in an excellent mood--I hope this upcoming transfer is really the one that will get you that THB!

Amanda: I am thinking of you today! I hope your pregnancy is confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt today, and that soon you'll be wondering what to do with all those extra embryos!!

Oh, sorry, Amanda, just noticed your next beta is on Monday and not today! Aw... I hope you can survive the weekend! I'll be thinking of you!

hello you late-night chatty ladies! hahaha

thank you so much, klik - you are all so special to me too. It's always so very interesting the different paths we are able to take just to reach the same end goal. And we'll do it!! Each of us, in one way or another!

I had my call this morning with the insurance carrier Infertlity program nurse thing - I don't know how to explain it. Some service we can use and we get assigned a nurse that is an expert in the things we want to do. So she called and we talked for 20 mins about donor eggs and such. I have a feeling that it's still going to be costly, but I'll know more after I talk to my doctor. Actually, I think I have to call someone in their business/finance dept to talk about what the usual process is - do they have eggs there? Do I have to do a fresh vs frozen? If I do fresh, do we have to pay for the donor's compensation/testing/screening/etc? Is that already done? If we do frozen, how much is just the batch of eggs? Do I have to go find my own?
ugh - still so many unanswered questions.

I hope you all have great weekends down-regging, stimming, looking forward to 3rd betas on Monday and just plain old relaxing. Spring has sprung here so i can't wait to hang out outside!

Klik - absolutely no apologies needed! :hugs: I am enjoying relaxing in the sense that I can eat and do whatever I want right now. I'm still thinking about this stuff all the time right now -- I think that part is just inevitable. :haha: a there's so many unknowns about my protocol right now just because it's so different from I'm used to. Hopefully it will be a good different. :thumbup:

Wish - I wish I could help offer some info, but that's one of the things that I'm in the dark about. When she has the time, maybe Boopin can share some info about how the process worked for her.

I just found out yesterday that I'm roughly $450 or so away from my annual out of pocket max. Nothing that is coded as fertility-related (except for meds) is covered since I reached my lifetime coverage max 3 years ago, but the rest should be covered for the rest of the year. My meds will likely push me to my out of pocket max once the prescriptions are all filled. If all goes as I'm told, and the hysteroscopy is not coded as fertility, insurance should hopefully foot the bill for the whole thing.

DH is off today and ran out to Home Depot while DD is still asleep. I'm secretly hoping he stops by the donut place down the street from there fore he comes back. He asked if we have a few dollars lying around anywhere.

:thumbup: for donuts! I haven't had a donut in months. And that's wonderful news about your OOP max and upcoming procedures! less stress on you!!

I had a long day today. Where do I start? Long story short.. I'm having 3 wisdom teeth extracted this Monday. :saywhat: I couldn't believe what I was hearing when my dentist said I need them pulled asap.. lol!! I started Keflex for the infection and Norco for the pain today.

Now I'm worried that getting my teeth pulled some how will interfere with my upcoming FET cycle. I'm wondering if I should push it back a month to completely heal from oral surgery or just continue as planned.

What do you ladies think?? My teeth are getting pulled 4/18 and transfer will be end of May. Should I be okay?? Your opinions and suggestions are much appreciated ladies. Thanks in advance. xx

Hi Boopin - I don't know the answer for sure, but I'm thinking the transfer would be far enough after your oral surgery that you should be ok. My doctor is putting me under for my hysteroscopy, and I think she'd allow me to do a transfer this next cycle if I wanted to do it that early. You can always check in with your RE to confirm. Good luck with your surgery. Don't forget to use lots of ice afterwards to keep swelling down. :hugs:

Disney that's great advice!! Thx hun. :hugs:

I love donuts, too!! Have you tried a maple bar topped with bacon?? It makes for a tasty combo. Check out this famous donut shop originally based out of Portland, Oregon. They have some sinful creations on their menu. :winkwink:

https://voodoodoughnut.com/voodoo-doughnut-doughnuts.php

I've heard of that place and seen pictures of their rather naughty-looking donuts! :haha:

LO freak'n L Disney!! :rofl:

I'm having insomnia right now. Can't get to sleep with this oral pain. Just watched some youtube channels and now I'm back on B&B. I can truly empathize with you klik!! :wacko:

Hey! Boopin I don't know what the right answer is, but if think that your FET is far enough after the wisdom teeth surgery. I'm so sorry you have to go through that! Not fun at all!!! Hopefully yours are easy to get and that they'll give you something nice for the pain. Tooth pain is the worst

Wish: Yes! We will do it, somehow! :thumbup: Indeed, lots of questions re. donor eggs, huh?... Does the US have egg sharing programs, where women who get lots of eggs retrieved can donate some of them in exchange for a discount in treatment? Probably more common in the UK, where a LOT of us have to go out-of-pocket for the whole process... (Asterimou luckily is getting it through the national-health, service, though! :thumbup:) Still, something to look into, maybe? Good luck with all the new learning you'll have to do--really interested in what you find out!

Disneyfan: inevitable indeed that you think about it... I also really hope it's good different. :hugs: I forgot if you mentioned: will you do an endometrial scratch (aka, endometrial biopsy, but without necessarily testing the tissue removed). It's been shown to really help avoid miscarriages, and since we know your little bean was chromosomally normal, it might really help you... Anyway, until then, enjoy your naughty donuts and your lovely holiday!

Boopin: I'll be honest with you: when you said, "wisdom teeth pulled," I thought you should delay. But it's because I had a really bad experience--I had all 4 pulled at once and at least some of them got infected. But then, I'd gone to a butcher--I was 19 and didn't know any better. If you trust your dentist to sterilise everything properly and to manage you well (with antibiotics if need be), I'm sure your ET is far enough in advance. I'd ask my clinic anyway just in case, because they're the experts... maybe they don't want you taking the painkillers you'll be prescribed, for instance. But hopefully you should be all good! :hugs: Sorry about the insomnia! It's really a bummer, huh?

Amanda: how are you managing? I'm really hoping you get excellent results on Monday!

:hugs: to all!

Klik, I'm managing.....not so wonderfully to be honest lol. Had a meltdown last night. I feel like I've been wanting this for too long, and now that it's here it's too good to be true. I can't just relax and enjoy it. Oh, and I've been getting some pretty decent nausea on and off, but as soon as it starts to go away and I get my appetite back somewhat, I start to freak out that it must mean something's wrong. Having so many monitoring appointments is not a good thing. I keep trying to tell myself that the average pregnant person never finds out their early beta numbers, just gets their positive pee stick and waits until at least week 8-10 to see a Dr.

Aw, Amanda, I can totally relate. I know if I were you I'd be in tatters, even though so far your news has been great! Sometimes too much information can be so distressing... I'm sorry even not being nauseous now feels wrong to you... Hopefully you'll get good results on Monday, and can start enjoying your pregnancy and your appetite (when you've got it!) :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->