IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Thank you Wish!! :hugs:

I took a FRER at 6dp5dt. That'll be my last hpt until my beta on Thursday. I don't want to obsess like I did last time. I'll insert a picture below. Thanks for your support ladies. It means the world to me!! :friends: <3

Attachments

• 20160529_045732_resized.jpg
    20160529_045732_resized.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 13
Boopin' So happy for you!!!!!

I had my scan this morning, and all looks good! Lining is 13mm and trilaminar, so they went ahead and scheduled transfer. They can't do it until next Friday, June 10, because the Dr. who I want to do it, is only available then (he's the one with the higher success rates). Apparently as long as I don't start the other meds (progesterone etc until Sunday, that'll be ok. So I stay on the meds I'm on for now, go for Intralipids THIS Friday, then transfer a week later.

Thanks, Wish! :hugs: Hope the "doing what comes naturally" project is going well!

Boopin: Soooooo happy for you!! How could you not obsess?! I wish you patience til Thursday, and a lovely BIG beta then! :hugs:

Amanda: Wow, that's a super-cushy lining! Sounds lovely! :thumbup: Any embryo will be tempted by that! Wow, it's so excellent that you can delay until you can do the transfer with the doctor of your choice! There's a lot about this process that just blows my mind. Like, I have an embryo in me, but no corpus luteum--those follicular helper cells are long gone, so all the hormones it would have made now have to be pumped in artificially. That's... crazy! Aw, anyway, your progress looks amazing! Hopefully this one will stick and stay stuck!!! :hugs:

AFM: FIL has been transferred to the hospital where he'll actually have the surgery. Thing is, he's FINE at the mo, so I feel terrible that we're all asking him to go through something that is, best case, going to make him feel a lot of pain for at least a month, and some pain going on to even a year... But long-run we do believe it's the right thing for him...

And... I'm really tired all the time, occasionally crampy, feel bloated and am super-grumpy. I'd love to say these are pregnancy symptoms but I am practically overdosing on progesterone, so would expect no less... I test one week from tomorrow. Wish me patience! :dohh:

amanda - woahhhh on the lining!! That's nice and cush! fx'ed for you!

klik - I really, really hope those are symptoms for you! are you going to test early at all? I'm glad you're moving forward with the preventive surgery (as it stands now) - you all would kick yourself if something happened and you could have done something like this to prevent it.
Also, "overdosing on progesterone" made me laugh :haha:

afm - we are kickin' it old school this week! BUT, I got my mammogram moved up to today so we'll be able to do the medicated IUI in the next cycle and not have to skip another one like I originally thought! I've never thought I could be so excited for a boob squeeze in a vise!

Great lining Amanda, feeling positive for you xx

Klik: hang in there, one more week. I know this is the hardest part and really hope those are good signs xx

Boopin: I understand why you are guarded but I'm so hopeful for you, obsess away!

Wish: glad things have sped up your end, happy mamograming!

Wish: ha, yes, that's a weird thing to be excited about! Hurray on the moving up, though I'm hoping the old school moves are actually going to do it for you!! Are you technically in the 2ww with me? I'm sticking to testing only on OTD, otherwise if I get a BFN I'll have a really hard time forcing myself to take the truckloads of hormones I seem to be on!

Asterimou: thanks! You've come to my mind sometimes when I think of what I've got as a potential symptom... The fact is, you never know until enough time has elapsed and you've tested... And life often throws you these curve balls where you're convinced it's going one way but it goes another. I dearly hope your next time just straightforwardly works. Have you decided whether you're sticking with your local clinic?

I'm adding "heavier-than-usual hayfever and/or cold" to my list of discomforts. I often think, "I'd better be pregnant because otherwise this is just not worth it!" But that's the grumpiness talking :winkwink:.

Klik - The plan is to clean up my diet as best as I can, but yes, I plan to cheat for DD's birthday. And the 4th of July. :haha: I'm sending positive thoughts for FIL. The surgery will most likely be the best for him in the long run. :hugs: I know it's hard, but hang in there with the symptom watching and whatnot. I totally would have caved by now, but I admire your willpower to wait. As someone who had to keep taking all meds (including nightly PIO shots) for close to a week after we learned the news about the last pregnancy, I totally get your reasons for not wanting to test early. OTD will be here before you know it. :hugs:

Amanda - Awesome lining!! Transfer day will be here before you know it. I'm so excited for you! :happydance:

Wish - I'm glad you got your mammogram moved up so that you can use your next cycle. :thumbup:

Boopin - I hope all is well on your end! What day is your OTD?

Aster - How are you doing? :hugs:

AFM - I'm waiting on AF to arrive so that we can get the ball rolling. She should be showing up any day now. Once AF starts, I tell my doctor, and I get my calendar. Then I'll finally know what the plan is in its entirety. :haha:

that looks promising boopin!!! fingers crossed!!!

klik - I hear you on the symptom spotting - you'd think I'd learn my lesson each time but I never do. I'm not quite in the TWW yet, I don't think. I better not be b/c we didn't BD last night, but we better tonight. I typically O on cd16,17 or 18 and today is 17, so I'm going to make sure we do it tonight and hopefully tomorrow night. I hate when BD'ing becomes a chore! But we did Monday night, so that covers if I O'd yesterday. I didn't use OPKs this week - I should have. I have a few, maybe I'll POAS tomorrow morning. How many more acronyms can I use in my little story here?? :haha:

My mammo was a piece of cake. A little awkward but the woman doing it was awesome and kept me calm talking about my kitties and such. I said, at the end, that that was nothing and women make it out to be such a big deal and she said that was the truth and it was a shame b/c a lot of women don't get their first one until they are like 65 and already have breast cancer. So ladies - get your mammos!! It's worth 10 mins of awkwardness!!

Hi ladies, I was able to get my thrombophillia screen on the NHS so that will come back in a few weeks. Also testing for NKC at my clinic but results take 6 weeks. I will then decide what is next. I'm swaying towards the ARGC in London but have a lot of travel coming up so want my life back for a month! I don't think I'll cycle until July/August time.

Disney: hope AF comes soon, not long for you now :)

Wish: thanks for the mammo advice, I will never worry about having one now ;)

Eagerly awaiting your Beta boopin, everything crossed for you xx

happy beta day, boopin!!! I can't wait to hear the results!!

aster - my job is done!! ;) I hear you on having your life back for a bit. I know the clock is ticking for all of us but it's so nice to have some time back to yourself for a bit. I've really enjoyed this last month + . And now hopefully I can go into my next cycle fighting b/c I have more energy! if it's needed, of course. ;)

klik - how are you feeling today?

hope - so good to see you pop in! how are you feeling these days? you have the dog days of summer coming up in your latest months, huh?

disney - not long for you to get started. How goes the eating cleanse? I was doing pretty well and then we had pizza for the first time in a couple of weeks last night and I devoured far too much. It's my weakness for sure. :pizza:
But I did sign up for the Spartan Sprint Race (an obstacle/5k race that they have all over the country here) in Nov, at Fenway Park, so that is a good goal I have to get in shape/stay at the gym for!

Hi Ladies,

5/31 Beta #1 = 256
6/02 Beta #2 = 520

I'm officially pregnant!! :cloud9:

Wish - Diet cleanse is not going the greatest. I keep finding excuses for cheating. :dohh::haha: I'm sure I'll really buckle down once AF gets here. I keep feeling like it's going to start and then nothing. Very cool about the 5k. :thumbup:

Boopin - Congrats!! May this be the first in a long string of happy news! :dust: for a smooth, happy, and healthy 9 months! :happydance:

Disneyfan: Thanks for all the support! :hugs: Yeah, you come to mind when I think of having to do the PIO shots even while knowing you don't have a viable pregnancy... except in your case, it wasn't because you tested early--there was nothing you could have done to change it! Incidentally, I've mentioned before, but my PIO shots are slow-release and I only have to have them 3x/week, which is... well, very welcome. Lentogest is the name... Not sure if your RE would be ok with that, but maybe ask? As for food... sometimes it's nice to just eat what you feel like... I'm sure you will get disciplined when you have to, though!

Hope: Let us know how you are! Hope it's all going smooooothly! :flower:

Wish: I was convinced I'd never have a mammogram, because who wants their boobs squeezed by a machine?! But then my mom had breast cancer... (She's ok, in full remission!) So I've had 2 mammograms thus far, and it doesn't even really hurt--it's just awkward, as you said, and uncomfortable, but only for a short while. Anyway, well done on getting yours done! :thumbup: Yeah, I hate it, too, when BD'ing becomes a chore. DP forbade me from recruiting him in that way (he's a real pain sometimes), so I have to sort of sneak up on him. Anyway, at the moment, in the 2ww and pumped full of progesterone, BD'ing seems like a foreign country to me! FX'ed that it is productive for you!

Asterimou: if you're going that route, you might as well think about booking a consultation with ARGC because it usually takes a month or two anyway just to talk to the guy! Excellent that you've had your thrombophilia screening on the NHS! I feel... I don't know, the NK cell tests are so inconclusive (and so expensive) that I don't know what to make of them. But ARGC would definitely insist you take them (they treat immunes with gusto), so if you go with them it's a good thing you're getting that out of the way!

Boopin: YEAH!!!!!! :happydance: How wonderful!! I wish you many more doublings to come!!! Really hoping this is your THB!!! Do you know when your first scan is yet?

Amanda: how is life?! Things must be hotting up for you!

AFM: I've been spending a lot of time driving my partner and his family to/from the hospital, and then hanging out in the hospital. All my 2ww plans have gone out the window: eat really well, almost exclusively home-cooked food so I know what goes in it... Lead a quiet life, mostly stress-free... sleep a lot... treat myself when I can... walk my dog for an hour a day (breaking it up into two halves)... There are some excellent news, though, which is that FIL had his triple-bypass surgery yesterday, and today was already conscious and cracking jokes (even while still on morphine). He's going to curse us for at least a month for making him go through this, but the surgery went really well and it's likely he'll feel much healthier (once he's recovered) than he did before the surgery. So, at least that disgusting pub lunch I had today was for a good cause! :winkwink:

Thanks, Klik. We all do the best we can, and the best we can do is more than good enough. You're doing great during this tww - particularly with everything on your plate at the moment. I'm glad that your FIL's surgery went well. I hope the recovery process is as smooth and as comfortable as possible for him. I'll have to look into it that progesterone that you're on. I'm definitely all for fewer shots! I was on them for almost 9 weeks every night this last go around. :dohh:

Thanks Hope!! :hugs: I'm cautiously optimistic at the moment. Fx'd I make it to my first scan. [-o&lt;

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->