IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Mrs. W - Thanks but this too shall pass with work. I have giving myself injections in the belly before with small needles. These are in the bottom with a larger needle :nope::wacko: but you are right "It's all for a good cause.."

Hi girls!

Bright - sorry to hear work has been so crazy. Yay for things getting going though with your baseline scan. Have you injected yourself before? I don't find it too bad once you get started, the first few are usually the worst. Its all for a good cause though.

TTC - hope the scan goes well and your lining is nice and thick!

Amanda that's fab, next week! Excited for you!!

Hi Hazel, welcome.

Not much happening here! Its half term so took my lo to the cinema today and then we went and chose our pumpkin!

TTC - I hope so I feel like I will break and not give it to myself but I want this so bad so we shall see on the 30th ...LOL!!! Wow can't wait to hear about the scan. This is my first FET so I am really excited to follow your cycle to see what will be coming up next for me. Love that we are so close in cycles. So are you doing shots every 3 days?

Hey Bright - I know the needle fear will disappear soon trust me. You get used to it after a while. I was the same way and in my last IVF had my sister whos a nurse give me all my shots. Well I am forced to do it myself this time and I have managed. The first one is always daunting but it will get easier.

I have a scan on Sunday to see if my endometrium has grown enough for my transfer on the 10th. I do hope so! Thanks for asking!

No I am doing lupron shits once a day, 5iu. I also do estrogen tablets twice a day and vivelle dots every 3 days.

I think once i start progesterone that I will also have to do more shots. We will see.

I'm waiting in the dr office for my scratch igh I hate this.

Wow are your injections in the bottom?

TTC - I hope so I feel like I will break and not give it to myself but I want this so bad so we shall see on the 30th ...LOL!!! Wow can't wait to hear about the scan. This is my first FET so I am really excited to follow your cycle to see what will be coming up next for me. Love that we are so close in cycles. So are you doing shots every 3 days?

Hey Bright - I know the needle fear will disappear soon trust me. You get used to it after a while. I was the same way and in my last IVF had my sister whos a nurse give me all my shots. Well I am forced to do it myself this time and I have managed. The first one is always daunting but it will get easier.

I have a scan on Sunday to see if my endometrium has grown enough for my transfer on the 10th. I do hope so! Thanks for asking!

No I am doing lupron shits once a day, 5iu. I also do estrogen tablets twice a day and vivelle dots every 3 days.

I think once i start progesterone that I will also have to do more shots. We will see.

I'm waiting in the dr office for my scratch igh I hate this.

My progesterone shots are in the butt. My DH gets to give me those when it's time to start. He hates it, but it's not really fun on the other end of the needle, either. My doctor doesn't give me injectible meds for my FET, so I won't be starting injections until shortly before the transfer when it's time to start the progesterone. I start my oral meds sometime in November after my next period.

I did the tummy shots when I did 2 cycles of IVF in 2013. The first one was the hardest to get over mentally, but once I finally pushed the needle in, I realized it wasn't so bad. It got easier to do with each one. The nurse at my doctor's office showed me how to combine my meds so that I only had to do one shot per day. I used ice to numb the area before doing the tummy injections, and that helped.

Thanks ttc and Disney for the welcome.

Has anyone done a hysterscopy before? What was it like? Did theyfind anything?

Hi! I had one and I'm not going to lie it wasn't fun. It was pretty much just like the worst cramps ever but only lasted maybe five minutes. As long as you take a pain pill before you should be fine, mine was delayed. They didn't find anything, thankfully.

Thanks Holly for the warning. I am going under hence I hope when I wake up I have no pain. I hope the endometriosis doesn't come back.

Did they do one for you because your lining was thick?

amanda - good luck!! so exciting that your transfer is NEXT WEEK!

ttc - good luck at your scan! I hope your endo is nice and thick!

yikes - i don't envy the ladies with the butt shots. Thankfully, I use Crinone gel vaginal inserts for my progesterone. It's icky but at least not painful.

nothing going on here either, like Mrs W. 5 more BCPs and then I start my Lupron microdoses a week from today.

Wish - I used Crinone last time. I got switched to PIO shots because my progesterone level came back very low when I got my positive test result. I was on both for a little while, and then I stopped the Crinone because I eventually got a yeast infection from it. I think most people do just fine with it. Be sure to "clear out" the extra residue in the shower so that it doesn't build up to much in there. :blush:

Thanks ttc and Disney for the welcome.

Has anyone done a hysterscopy before? What was it like? Did theyfind anything?

Hi! I had one and I'm not going to lie it wasn't fun. It was pretty much just like the worst cramps ever but only lasted maybe five minutes. As long as you take a pain pill before you should be fine, mine was delayed. They didn't find anything, thankfully.

Thanks Holly for the warning. I am going under hence I hope when I wake up I have no pain. I hope the endometriosis doesn't come back.

Did they do one for you because your lining was thick?

I think it was just a test to see if I had any issues. They at least never said anything about thick lining.

Amanda - Wow how exciting!!! Nov. 3rd is next week :happydance:! I am praying for you. BFP is on the wayyyyy:thumbup: How thick do they like to see the lining and is there a such thing as too thick? sorry for the questions, just curious :haha
They want the lining over 8mm, but I have no clue if there's a TOO thick, although I feel like I've read that it happened to someone on here once.

Hi ladies, may I join? I just found out today that DH and I have officially qualified to participate in an IVF study, so we'll be starting meds in my cycle that will begin late November/early December (I have a pretty unreliable luteal phase when not on progesterone suppositories, and I'm not allowed to be on them for 3 months prior to the study, so hello spotting and uncertain cycles!).

I'm a first-timer to IVF, so I don't know anything about short vs. long protocols or any of that. I do know that my study is going to randomly allocate us to either Menopur or Gonal F treatment groups, do PGS and ICSI, and then transfer only one embryo on transfer day. That makes me a little nervous, but it's nice to know that if we have any frosties, they'd already be screened for genetic problems so we'd know which ones have the best chance of implantation.

I've never self-injected before, and I haaaate needles (I was in tears the last time they did the blood draw at the fertility clinic haha so self-injecting every day is going to be a blast, I'm sure!), so I'm pretty nervous about that part. I am trying to chill out a little bit because I do work from home, so that helps a lot and I won't have to keep up appearances for any work clients or anything. Just trying to stay positive!

We had an ectopic in September 2014 (treated with methotrexate in October 2014); still have the tube and ovary but HSG showed the tube is blocked. I've got a high AMH level above 7, so I'm hoping we respond well to IVF. *fingers crossed* *and praying for no OHSS*

Best wishes to you all!

Amanda - Thank you very much and I will check with them tomorrow. How are you feeling? Any small symptoms yet?

Amanda - Wow how exciting!!! Nov. 3rd is next week :happydance:! I am praying for you. BFP is on the wayyyyy:thumbup: How thick do they like to see the lining and is there a such thing as too thick? sorry for the questions, just curious :haha
They want the lining over 8mm, but I have no clue if there's a TOO thick, although I feel like I've read that it happened to someone on here once.

Hi ladies. I'm still keeping up with you all but just waiting for AF next week so all quiet in my camp. Looking forward to some BFPs on this thread soon :)

Hi All!
Read through this thread and looks like I am in the same boat :) Looks like my retrieval/transfer will be right before Christmas if I guess right. I go Monday for my uterine eval and if all is OK we will discuss my protocol, etc. I know she recommends the estrogen priming with high doses of stim. I guess we will see on Monday. Since I didn't do the estrogen priming last time I really don't know what that all entails. From what I read, it will start before my next period( mid nov) and then retrieval mid dec....IDK...I hate not having all the info..lol
I am using a different facility this time and I feel more like a number.. but as long as it works I guess :shrug: It will def be easier driving an hour to Chicago as opposed to flying to VA for 2+ weeks.
This is definitely my second and LAST chance. No more savings left!! :nope: fingers and toes crossed!:thumbup:
Good luck everyone!

Brighteyez, no symptoms yet, transfer not until Tuesday :) I did start PIO tonight though, was super nervous, but it wasn't as bad as expected. My muscle is definitely sore though, so this is going to be fun! Hehe....maybe better than the messy endometrin though, that stuff sucked. Also started doxycycline and medrol today too, so I'm sure there will be a whole slew of "fantastic" feelings coming soon.

Questions for you ladies...
1. Those who have done PIO before: any tips to reduce the ache after the injection?

2. Does anyone else get really bloated and gain weight during their cycle?

Welcome alikat!!
The injections really aren't so bad at all. Once you find the little tips and tricks that work for you (eg: Heat, ice, etc) you barely even feel them. It's just the first couple that suck.
Sorry to hear about your ectopic, hope this cycle is it for you!

Hi ladies, may I join? I just found out today that DH and I have officially qualified to participate in an IVF study, so we'll be starting meds in my cycle that will begin late November/early December (I have a pretty unreliable luteal phase when not on progesterone suppositories, and I'm not allowed to be on them for 3 months prior to the study, so hello spotting and uncertain cycles!).

I'm a first-timer to IVF, so I don't know anything about short vs. long protocols or any of that. I do know that my study is going to randomly allocate us to either Menopur or Gonal F treatment groups, do PGS and ICSI, and then transfer only one embryo on transfer day. That makes me a little nervous, but it's nice to know that if we have any frosties, they'd already be screened for genetic problems so we'd know which ones have the best chance of implantation.

I've never self-injected before, and I haaaate needles (I was in tears the last time they did the blood draw at the fertility clinic haha so self-injecting every day is going to be a blast, I'm sure!), so I'm pretty nervous about that part. I am trying to chill out a little bit because I do work from home, so that helps a lot and I won't have to keep up appearances for any work clients or anything. Just trying to stay positive!

We had an ectopic in September 2014 (treated with methotrexate in October 2014); still have the tube and ovary but HSG showed the tube is blocked. I've got a high AMH level above 7, so I'm hoping we respond well to IVF. *fingers crossed* *and praying for no OHSS*

Best wishes to you all!

My protocol included Menopur and Gonal F. We did ICSI for both IVF cycles, and we did PGS for cycle #2 (including thawing our 2 previously frozen embryos to test them as well). PGS tells you the genders of the embryos, so it's pretty cool getting to know the gender of the embryo(s) that actually get transferred. We transferred two during our first cycle (fresh transfer), and we transferred just one (frozen) during our second cycle.

The shots are daunting at first, but they aren't so bad. With the tummy shots, I iced beforehand and just injected the meds slowly. My doctors office showed me how to mix my meds so that I only had to do one per day.

Amanda - I know that a lot of people ice before their PIO shots, and they say that helps (just make sure that the progesterone is not cold when you draw it up and inject it). I didn't ice, but I remember making my husband rub the injection area for a couple of minutes after my shots the last time around. My doctor orders me one inch injection needles (I guess the benefit of a flat backside :shrug:), but I know that the 1.5 inch ones are more common. My doxy and medrol (and other oral meds) came in the mail today (insurance makes me use a mail order pharmacy). The progesterone should be coming any day now. I think I start the birth control pills after my next period comes.

Myonechance - We are shooting for a mid-December transfer. Good luck with this next cycle. :hugs:

Amanda - if I remember correctly, medrol is the nasty tasting medicine that made me pee A LOT at night. Don't be alarmed if you are up a couple of times tonight.

Amanda - if I remember correctly, medrol is the nasty tasting medicine that made me pee A LOT at night. Don't be alarmed if you are up a couple of times tonight.

Haha so funny you said that, I was up 3 times last night to pee. Guess I know why! Haves bit of a headache this morning.....hope it goes away quickly as I'm a teacher and have a bunch of grade 1-2's today, in costume and excited for Halloween. At least it's Friday!!

Alikat - Welcome✨✨srry about your etopic :-(. My cousin had an etopic I held her hand through it all, very painful for her, but she did get pregnant even with one tube and ovary! (Fertile Murtle lol) Iooks like me and you will be cycling together! I go for my Mock transfer Nov.4th and I will be starting stimms mid Nov with Dec transfer

Myonechance- welcome! ✨🌟(sorry for you loss).I'm not to far from Chicago. I was going to travel to a clinic there but I decided to say locally! It's good to have another cycle buddy so close together! Positive vibes and Hope to see BFP to all the ladies on here 🎉🌟❤

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->