IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

hi all! mind if I join? I see a few familiar names :)
I just got my BFN off of an IUI, that was a downgrade from an original IVF cycle. My follies decided not to respond very well last time so the IUI was a long shot but at least we didn't cancel the cycle. Anywho.....
starting my BCP on Wed 10/21 and we're off to the races again! We're switching up my protocol and doing Lupron microdoses and Gonal-F 300 2x/day. My supp check is on 11/2, I'll start injections that week. Hopefully, if all goes well this time, a retrieval and transfer the week before Thanksgiving!

Good luck to everyone! :dust:

wow wish - awesome you get to start to quickly! I know you from other threads but I am so happy to see you here. We will do this together. xx

TTCbaby - Yaaayyyy for AF showing up :happydance: now on to the transfer :thumbup:! Can't wait to get an update on your US tomorrow. Will you be giving yourself IM injections.

exactly brighteyes....we have to claim it!

AFM - I got af this weekend so I am in for labs and US tomorrow morning. If all is good then I will be going to start my estrogen and hopefully get a nice plush lining for my lil embryo to implant on November 10th!

TTCbaby - Yaaayyyy for AF showing up :happydance: now on to the transfer :thumbup:! Can't wait to get an update on your US tomorrow. Will you be giving yourself IM injections.

exactly brighteyes....we have to claim it!

AFM - I got af this weekend so I am in for labs and US tomorrow morning. If all is good then I will be going to start my estrogen and hopefully get a nice plush lining for my lil embryo to implant on November 10th!

Aw thanks Hun. I am praying so hard for this to work.

Hello Wish,
I remember you as well from another thread. TTC, yourself and myself cycles are around the same time so this should be exciting and what a great way to support each other at the same time. I am positive this is our cycle :hugs:

Hi ladies - we finally have a game plan. My thyroid level (TSH) came back the same as the previous week -- 2.88. Well within normal range, but higher than the 2-2.5 that my RE wants. I am being prescribed a very low dose thyroid medication to bring my level down, and then I will have to get my levels checked again next week or the week after to confirm if I'm on the correct dosage. I will need to call the office when my next period starts, and then I will get my ultrasound and get instructions on when to start taking my meds. I'm ordering my meds now (have to go through an online pharmacy due to my insurance) so that I have everything on hand when it's time to start. Based on schedules and everything, if all goes well, we are looking to do our transfer on December 17. It seems so far away. We are paying for everything out of pocket since I've exhausted all of my fertility insurance benefits, so I really hope this works on our first try.

I hope everyone is doing well! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm Terra, been here a while. Finally had my sone via IVF last May. I am now starting my FET and my retreival is set for Nov 17th.

I started Lupron yesterday, and have been on birth control since Sept 21 and I take my last one on Friday. Thank goodness.

I have been having some bleeding here and there for the last two weeks and since being on Lupron yesterday it's gotten a little heavier.

Anyone else go through this?

thanks, ttc and bright!! I'm excited for all of us!

And I recalculated a moment ago - I could potentially have my transfer on Thanksgiving!! EEEE! We're supposed to host my family!! hahahaha

hi Tee - good luck to you! I am on my first cycle with Lupron microdose, I haven't tried it yet so I can't answer your question. i'm sure someone on here can.

disney - let's hope your thyroid gets under control quickly and you can get on those meds quickly!

Disney - I have been told the thyroxine works pretty fast it is just about getting the right dosage so hopefully they will get it under control for you and you can move on quickly.

Welcome Terra - are you doing a FET or another IVF cycle? Are you transferring on the 17th? I am currently on Lupron and I didn't have any breakthrough bleeding. Did you ask your Dr about it? From what I understand is that you should only get a bleed after you stop your BCPs and only for a few days.

Wish - How funny! What will you do, have take out for thanksgiving LOL....sorry folks I am going to get pregnant while you guys eat hahahahahaha

:hi: all :)
I hope everyone is well?

Sorry I've been quiet, still no af here! I wish it would hurry up! Debating wether to take provera...

I will have a read back shortly :)

hahaha ttc - no idea! usually we have people over starting at noon and they just stay til they want to leave. Totally fine and I love having them all over but it's definitely a stressful day. My cousin's 3 kids can be monsters and she's not want to control them.
So say we do the transfer in the morning, I'm going to have to put the turkey in the oven before we go, maybe! hahahaaha this is mental.
Also - I think I may need to tell my folks about this (I haven't told them we're doing IVF yet b/c I don't want to put them through the heartache of the losses or any HARD decisions we may have to make if things don't work out). I have to bring my Lupron microdose with me when I go to visit them and it has to go in the fridge. Should I just try to hide it in a veggie drawer or something?? boy oh boy.

ttcbaby117 - I am on cycle day 36 and I've been on BC for a while. I was supposed to have my period on the 15th and didn't, but been having breakthrough bleeding since then.

I've been reading that it's normal, I don't think it matters if i ovulate since I'm not suppressing my ovaries, I think they are just trying to regulate my cycle.

Ya know? I ask questions and I still get confused. LOL I have my down regulation scan on Wed, so I will ask more then.

hahaha ttc - no idea! usually we have people over starting at noon and they just stay til they want to leave. Totally fine and I love having them all over but it's definitely a stressful day. My cousin's 3 kids can be monsters and she's not want to control them.
So say we do the transfer in the morning, I'm going to have to put the turkey in the oven before we go, maybe! hahahaaha this is mental.
Also - I think I may need to tell my folks about this (I haven't told them we're doing IVF yet b/c I don't want to put them through the heartache of the losses or any HARD decisions we may have to make if things don't work out). I have to bring my Lupron microdose with me when I go to visit them and it has to go in the fridge. Should I just try to hide it in a veggie drawer or something?? boy oh boy.

That sounds like a busy thanksgiving! Fingers crossed that your body will cooperate enough to let you do the transfer on a different day. :hugs: If you're not ready to tell your parents, perhaps you can bring your meds in a cooler bag and leave it in the car until you are ready to use it. I'd be too stressed hiding that in the fridge and worrying that someone will find it.

sorry - I should have been clearer. I live in NH and they live in NC so I'll be going down there for a long weekend. So I can bring the cooler bag with me on the plane, but I need to store it while I'm down there b/c I think I don't take it until that Saturday (and I'll get there Thurs morning).
Last cycle, i was giving myself injections in the bathroom at a concert! Oh the fun we have!

Hi girls can I join this thread.

Just had a canceled FET cycle due to my lining being too thick. Have a hysterscopy booked in for 17 November so if everything goes well will look to transfer in December.

Due to my cycles being usually a little late I think we will be transferring in between xmas and the new year!

Oh my you do have some decisions to make. I guess you have to tell them. So sweet of you to try and protect them but I'm sure they wouldn't mind offering their support.
ttcbaby117 - I am on cycle day 36 and I've been on BC for a while. I was supposed to have my period on the 15th and didn't, but been having breakthrough bleeding since then.

I've been reading that it's normal, I don't think it matters if i ovulate since I'm not suppressing my ovaries, I think they are just trying to regulate my cycle.

Ya know? I ask questions and I still get confused. LOL I have my down regulation scan on Wed, so I will ask more then.
Yes I understand I'm confused most of the time also. Lol

Just had a canceled FET cycle due to my lining being too thick. Have a hysterscopy booked in for 17 November so if everything goes well will look to transfer in December.

Due to my cycles being usually a little late I think we will be transferring in between xmas and the new year!
Welcome unlucky. Fxed!!!

sorry - I should have been clearer. I live in NH and they live in NC so I'll be going down there for a long weekend. So I can bring the cooler bag with me on the plane, but I need to store it while I'm down there b/c I think I don't take it until that Saturday (and I'll get there Thurs morning).
Last cycle, i was giving myself injections in the bathroom at a concert! Oh the fun we have!

It might be easier on you to tell them, but otherwise, I'd say maybe hide it in the packaging for something else and then put that in the fridge. Say it's something that belongs to DH. :winkwink:

Hi! I'm planning to do a FET as well. If all goes well, we are planning to transfer on December 17 so that I can take some time off from work to take it easy afterwards.

It might be easier on you to tell them, but otherwise, I'd say maybe hide it in the packaging for something else and then put that in the fridge. Say it's something that belongs to DH. :winkwink:.

Yes I love it! When all else fails blame DH! LMAO, that is exactly what I would do! :thumbup:

It might be easier on you to tell them, but otherwise, I'd say maybe hide it in the packaging for something else and then put that in the fridge. Say it's something that belongs to DH. :winkwink:.

Yes I love it! When all else fails blame DH! LMAO, that is exactly what I would do! :thumbup:

We ladies do all the heavy lifting with these cycles -- it's one way for the men to contribute! :haha:

Thanks ttc and Disney for the welcome.

Has anyone done a hysterscopy before? What was it like? Did theyfind anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->