IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Thanks ttc and Disney for the welcome.

Has anyone done a hysterscopy before? What was it like? Did theyfind anything?

Hi! I had one and I'm not going to lie it wasn't fun. It was pretty much just like the worst cramps ever but only lasted maybe five minutes. As long as you take a pain pill before you should be fine, mine was delayed. They didn't find anything, thankfully.

Hi all!

Welcome wish! Sorry to hear about your bfn iui, I had to convert my last ivf to iui too and also got a bfn. I'm just starting again with slightly different protocol too! I think I'd be honest with my parents, but if you'd rather not the idea of hiding it in another packaging is a good one! Hope you manage to avoid thanks giving transfer!

Unlucky welcome! Sounds like a good time for egg transfer so you can lie on the sofa and watch films, eat choccies etc! Good luck.

Scerena - sorry to hear af still hasn't arrived. So frustrating! Mine finally arrived on Thursday last week so I am on the pill now. A hot bath worked for me!

Disney - sounds like good news on the thyroid if its only slightly over and they have a plan to get it lower. Hopefully you are back on track in no time!

Hi tee welcome!

welcome, unlucky, and good luck!!

ohhh, Mrs W - we're so similar. What's your new protocol?

thanks for the ideas, ladies! Hiding the shot w/in another package is a good one, i could probably spin it. But DH isn't coming with me on the trip so I can't quite use that little white lie. Honestly, I would have told my parents by now but it's more about DH not wanting to tell people, b/c that could invite judgement or constant questions about how things are going. He's uber-private like that so I'm trying to respect his wishes.

I actually think I might call my RE's office and see when my first shot is supposed to be. If it's the day before I come home, then maybe I can just stay on BCP for one more day and move everything out by a day. Then that would fix the Thanksgiving transfer too (though IF we get embies and IF they are looking good, they could still transfer earlier than day 5).

where is everyone in their cycle today?

I am going back to antagonist protocol wishing, the down reg on long protocol didn't suit me I don't think. How about you, what protocol are you on?

I am on the pill, just waiting!! A few more weeks yet!

Thanks ttc and Disney for the welcome.

Has anyone done a hysterscopy before? What was it like? Did theyfind anything?

I have had it for my fibroids. I was put under general anesthesia though so it was a breeze for me. The last time they actually combined the lap with the hys to make sure they got all the fibroids.

welcome, unlucky, and good luck!!

ohhh, Mrs W - we're so similar. What's your new protocol?

thanks for the ideas, ladies! Hiding the shot w/in another package is a good one, i could probably spin it. But DH isn't coming with me on the trip so I can't quite use that little white lie. Honestly, I would have told my parents by now but it's more about DH not wanting to tell people, b/c that could invite judgement or constant questions about how things are going. He's uber-private like that so I'm trying to respect his wishes.

I actually think I might call my RE's office and see when my first shot is supposed to be. If it's the day before I come home, then maybe I can just stay on BCP for one more day and move everything out by a day. Then that would fix the Thanksgiving transfer too (though IF we get embies and IF they are looking good, they could still transfer earlier than day 5).

where is everyone in their cycle today?

I understand DH not wanting the questions. We have told my immediate family but not DH's family. DH's family are very gossipy and they tend to tell others about your private life. On a whole, DH's family does not know very much about us. This can be a hard thing to control sometimes b/c we live on a small island and we are all within 5 miles of each other. We manage though. It was hard to begin with but it has come second nature.

If it is only 1 day then I don't think it would be problem. I actually told my RE when I wanted to transfer and they had me on BCPs a few extra days so the timing would work out.

ugh, no dice on the extension - I guess this protocol is very strict on when we do things. and it wouldn't have mattered anyway b/c it's more daily shots than I thought. Oh well. I'll just smuggle drugs and if I get questions, I'll just say I'm on some meds for babies. They don't need the whole explanation.

ttc - yeah, my family is definitely more on the gossipy side. Between me, my sister and my mom, we're all over everyone (it's terrible, I know). Knowing this, we're keeping it from them so they don't have any fodder about us. Seems backwards but I'm good with them talking about us and our fertility issues!

Mrs W - I end BCP this coming Sunday and start Lupron microdoses on Wed. Then Gonal-F that Saturday, for 12 days. I'm still not sure what the Lupron does or when I'm supposed to take shots, so I set up a mtg with my nurse for this Wed to go over that.

Hello ladies! I'm so excited to join! I've been browsing and reading and just wanted to wish everyone baby dust and positive vibes !! It's good to have a support system during this process! Anywho a little background - I'm 29 just found out my AMH is a little elevated 5.61 so mild PCOS, DH-27(I know I'm a craddle robber lol) He has Azoospermia so we need ICIS. This will be our first IVF, I'm currently on BCP my mock transfer is Nov.4th et I'll find out what are plan is. Any advice for a newbee??? I'm currently taking Prenatals, Maca,L-argine, Royal jelly,Vit C. et considering accupunture do you think it's beneficial?

welcome, hazel! you guys are just pups! ;)
sounds like you're taking some good supplements. No real advice here, I'd say just be open to any and all possibilities. :) Good luck to you!

Wish2BMom- Thank you! I know some other girls are waiting for AF and I know I will be too, isn't there some meds they can give you to start AF ? I have long cycles sometimes so just in case?

Holly TTC- I have Norco left over from a recent ear infection do you think I need 1 or 2 for the HSG I have one on Nov.4th ? Did you take a pain pill like 20 min prior? I had a HSG in 2012 and it was the worst pain I've ever experienced ! My RE says they probably didn't warm the dye ugh horrible! But my tubes were open

Unlucky41- How was the HSG?

Wish2BMom- Thank you! I know some other girls are waiting for AF and I know I will be too, isn't there some meds they can give you to start AF ? I have long cycles sometimes so just in case?

Holly TTC- I have Norco left over from a recent ear infection do you think I need 1 or 2 for the HSG I have one on Nov.4th ? Did you take a pain pill like 20 min prior? I had a HSG in 2012 and it was the worst pain I've ever experienced ! My RE says they probably didn't warm the dye ugh horrible! But my tubes were open

Unlucky41- How was the HSG?

They told me to take two motrin about half an hour before. Even with it being later than scheduled for me so the meds weren't at the optimal working strength it still wasn't as painful as the hsg... at least not for me. Hopefully it will be a breeze for you.

Hello ladies, how are my ttc-ers and my cycle buddies (TTC and MrsW)? I have been missing due to the extremely busy work days. I have one more day for bcps and then baseline on the 30th. TTC how is everything where are you in your cycle? I am getting a little nervous because I have to give myself the injections and I am afraid of needles, but I will get over it I hope....LOL

Hey Bright - I know the needle fear will disappear soon trust me. You get used to it after a while. I was the same way and in my last IVF had my sister whos a nurse give me all my shots. Well I am forced to do it myself this time and I have managed. The first one is always daunting but it will get easier.

I have a scan on Sunday to see if my endometrium has grown enough for my transfer on the 10th. I do hope so! Thanks for asking!

Hey everyone! Hope you all are doing well, been quiet lately. Just got my transfer date for Nov. 3! Had my scan today, and lining was 9.5mm so start PIO and other meds Thursday.
Only thing, found out I have some sort of immunology abnormality, so I need intralipid treatments (transfusions). Apparently it's very common, so hopefully it's ok!

Holly-I had to re-read I got hystercopy confused with hysteropinglagram. But I have faith I'm my RE.

Bright- Are the needles that long? I haven't gotten my meds yet, but hopefully they won't be to painful:)

TTC- Good luck with transfer!I hope you get your BFP!!!

Amanda - Did your husband have to have a M-TESE? We did and have frozen sperm.

Amanda- Good job on the linning and that transfer date is right around the corner! I hope you get your BFP!

TTC - I hope so I feel like I will break and not give it to myself but I want this so bad so we shall see on the 30th ...LOL!!! Wow can't wait to hear about the scan. This is my first FET so I am really excited to follow your cycle to see what will be coming up next for me. Love that we are so close in cycles. So are you doing shots every 3 days?

Hey Bright - I know the needle fear will disappear soon trust me. You get used to it after a while. I was the same way and in my last IVF had my sister whos a nurse give me all my shots. Well I am forced to do it myself this time and I have managed. The first one is always daunting but it will get easier.

I have a scan on Sunday to see if my endometrium has grown enough for my transfer on the 10th. I do hope so! Thanks for asking!

Hi Hazel - they look pretty long to me and I guess they have to be because they are IM injections. I pray they are not too painful either. Tell me what you think once you get your meds.

Holly-I had to re-read I got hystercopy confused with hysteropinglagram. But I have faith I'm my RE.

Bright- Are the needles that long? I haven't gotten my meds yet, but hopefully they won't be to painful:)

TTC- Good luck with transfer!I hope you get your BFP!!!

Amanda - Did your husband have to have a M-TESE? We did and have frozen sperm.

Amanda - Wow how exciting!!! Nov. 3rd is next week :happydance:! I am praying for you. BFP is on the wayyyyy:thumbup: How thick do they like to see the lining and is there a such thing as too thick? sorry for the questions, just curious :haha:

Hey everyone! Hope you all are doing well, been quiet lately. Just got my transfer date for Nov. 3! Had my scan today, and lining was 9.5mm so start PIO and other meds Thursday.
Only thing, found out I have some sort of immunology abnormality, so I need intralipid treatments (transfusions). Apparently it's very common, so hopefully it's ok!

Hi girls!

Bright - sorry to hear work has been so crazy. Yay for things getting going though with your baseline scan. Have you injected yourself before? I don't find it too bad once you get started, the first few are usually the worst. Its all for a good cause though.

TTC - hope the scan goes well and your lining is nice and thick!

Amanda that's fab, next week! Excited for you!!

Hi Hazel, welcome.

Not much happening here! Its half term so took my lo to the cinema today and then we went and chose our pumpkin!

Mrs W- Thank you!

Bright - I certainly will and say a pray for both of us lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"