IVF or FET November/December 2015 - chat thread

Hi ladies - it looks like my long post from yesterday didn't post. :dohh: That's what I get for typing it all out on my iPhone at work. :dohh::dohh:

I don't remember everything I posted before, but I think it's great that we are seeing some great news here!!

Amanda - I am soooooo thrilled for you!! I'm praying for a happy and healthy 9 months for you!!

Klik - Good luck at your scan today!

Wish - Good luck with the donor search. It sounds like things have been going GREAT so far!!

I'm buried at work, so I will unfortunately have to keep it short right now. I wish that my other comments for everyone else didn't get lost. :nope:

DD started daycare yesterday (hence my being behind at work -- I've had to take extra time off for teacher meetings and being available for her). Her first day went great (better than that -- the drop off in the morning went a little too smoothly, and I found myself trying not to be offended that she was perfectly fine with me leaving! :haha: Certainly better than the alternative, though!). She will be going 3 days a week (Tues-Thurs), and the facility is brand new, so there are only 6 kids enrolled in her class right now. Of the 6, only 3 are starting it now, so the smaller group will definitely make the transition less daunting. No tears at all until nap time when she started saying that she needed mommy. :kiss:

Wish: I did wonder about your dosage, to be honest... But none of these things are set in stone--it's probably not much more than a theory... I know what you mean about your DH. You could, of course, log on by yourself and look, but you want him with you. Maybe he's kind of avoiding it because it's psychologically heavy? But hey, you'll get there sooner or later... :hugs:

Disneyfan: shame you lost your long post--you must be really annoyed! So cute, your DD... I can totally relate, you wanting her to be happy there but also feeling forgotten if she doesn't miss you... Cool that it's a new facility and it's small--indeed, it shouldn't be so daunting. I hope she loves it! As for her still wanting her mommy, I'm pretty sure that won't disappear! :winkwink:

The scan today was ok. One 13mm, one 11mm--and to be honest, two is all I thought I would get when I started this, since my AFC is normally only 3 (and this crazy AFC of 5-9 this cycle just wasn't making sense to me). Sadly, I'm going to have to freeze the eggs, assuming we manage to retrieve them... DP is still stuck in the UK, his passport is still in bureaucracy-land. It sucks, to be honest. I have to talk to Dr Davis, but I think what we will do is do another round, with DP here next time (in November if everything goes smoothly) and then fertilize all the eggs and transfer a couple of embryos at once, assuming there are any. Dr Davis said at my age up to 5 (!!!) can be transferred but I don't think I can stomach more than 3. Even 3 scares me, though I know the chances of 3 untested embryos made from 42-year-old eggs all sticking at once are pretty close to nil! But hey, step by step--let's try and retrieve these eggs first...

Nice to hear from you Disney. I've lost big posts before and it's so annoying. Good to hear you're getting on with life and DD seems happy at daycare.

Wish: why is it that men always seem to take longer to get there! It's like you have to continually coax them into the right way. Persistence seems to pay off though. You may remember I was upset my DH was drinking. He barely drinks anymore and has really made some big changes this cycle. As Klik said, if you start looking and then keep on about it he'll get there!

Klik: I'm gutted that DH hasn't made it over, I can only imagine how disappointing that is for you :hugs: I guess this is time to have faith that everything is happening in perfect timing and the wait will give you the outcome you need. As for the number to transfer can they give you a per embryo live birth rate % for your particulars? It could be good to weigh up the odds of the various outcomes before deciding.

Amanda: when is your beta?

Hey girls!

Klik I'm so sorry that DP isn't there with you, and that you'll have to do this all over again. I'm happy to hear that a couple follicles are growing, so hopefully they continue!!! Grow follies grow!!

Wish, I know how daunting choosing a donor is. And bots deal with all this stuff so differently than us, so I'm sure he's just processing and will start looking with you shortly. Let us know how the death goes!! Try not to get too overwhelmed, but that's easier said than done. We chose a donor with the same physical traits (blue eyes blond hair) so at least the kiddos have a chance of looking like their daddy, so we narrowed it down from there and just checked medial history. Good luck!!

Disney, I'm sure it was hard leaving your daughter at daycare, but I'm sure she'll be great and be SUPER excited to share what she's done when she gets home.

Aster, my beta is on Tuesday. I took another test yesterday, and the line was definitely darker than Wednesday. Although I'm trying to stay uber positive, there's a little part of me thats cant believe its actually true yet. I've been through the beta game so much, that I'm still worried about numbers, even if tests are positive. Hopefully I'll feel better on Tuesday!!

Asterimou: thanks! :hugs: Yeah, I hope somehow the timing will just all work out... but my word, this process is exhausting enough as it is--I did not need this... How are you? are you all recovered from your surgery? When can you take your next step?

Amanda: Good luck with the beta on Tuesday! It's hard not to be at least a little anxious, but I really hope you just keep getting good news from now on... :hugs:

AFM: looks like after all this rigamarole we'll get one egg at BEST. Should have stuck to natural cycle IVFs locally... But hey, you don't know until you try. Now I can't even really just give up on the New York idea, because I'll have a frozen egg here waiting for me. It's all kind of mad... *sigh*

Thanks, Disneyfan!

The doctor who scanned me today was way nicer and more positive than the one who scanned me yesterday--yesterday's was super-dismissive, but today's was giving a fairly decent chance for at least one smaller follicle to grow sufficiently. So I'm injecting the stims into the right side, where the smaller follicles are, and the Cetrotide into the left side, where the larger follicle is! :haha:

Klik - I'm glad to hear that today's doctor was more positive, and even better that you are being told that there's a chance for an extra egg. Grow follicles, grow!! :dust:

Doctor bedside manner is an important part of the whole treatment experience for me. My RE has amazing bedside manner (and a crazy number of 5 star Yelp reviews because of it). Anything that helps minimize stress is a plus in my book.

Klik - Doctor bedside manner is an important part of the whole treatment experience for me. My RE has amazing bedside manner (and a crazy number of 5 star Yelp reviews because of it). Anything that helps minimize stress is a plus in my book.
I AGREE!! :thumbup:

Klik so happy that today's appt was better. I agree with the others, the last thing you want or need from a dr is negativity. :dust:

Thanks, Disneyfan! :hugs: So true about doctor bedside manner... Besides, you want to feel like your doctors and nurses are on your side, and sometimes it just doesn't feel that way... I think he's the "why are you wasting my time with one-maybe-two follicles?" type...

Boopin: Thanks! How are you?! Gearing up for the transfer? It's already September... :hugs:

Amanda: Thanks! Echoing Disneyfan, best of luck on your beta today and onwards! :dust:

amanda - good luck on the beta today! I can't wait to hear the big number!!

klik - good luck on your scan today as well - slow and steady might win the race. That is terrible about OH not making it over to the US this time around. Just another bump in the road but dang, it's annoying. You have such a great way of thinking about things, though - I know you just roll with it. But, still - annoying.

nothing new here - didn't even peek at the donors this weekend. I did look at the preview profiles on Friday and there are a handful that I want to check out. So this might be easier if I just look first and then present the closest matches to DH so we can both decide from there. Maybe less daunting for him.

Wish - I think that's how I would do it if it was me. I'm the "research the heck out of it" type, and DH is the type to let me. Once I find something I like, we either go with it, or I present the options to DH if I find more than one of something that I like, and from there we choose together. :haha: Good luck with your search! :hugs:

Thinking of you Amanda, hope it's good news.

I've recovered well and flew to Norway on Sunday, I'm here until Thursday. Could of done without flying but by day 5 after a laparoscopy I do seem to be fine to do normal routine but just more slowly. The surgeon done well with the cuts as they seem to be very slight so I shouldn't scar too much. I'm just trying to decide if I do a cycle after my coming AF or the following to give a little more healing time. RE said I'm good to go but with tubal surgery I feel the ovaries and womb might be a bit put out and need a month off!? I do want to get on with it but want my body to be ready. Decisions decisions....

Aster glad you're feeling better!!

Klik good luck today :)

Afm.....beta was 478!!!! No more bloods, next appointment is the vitality scan at on the 20th, which will be 6w2d. Feeling great! Still kinda nervous, but hoping the high beta is a good sign!

Aster - That's GREAT that you are feeling good already. If you have any doubts at all, I'd recommend waiting a cycle so that you eliminate potential "what if" thoughts. You're going to rock your next cycle, whenever you decide to go for it! :thumbup:

Amanda - Fantastic news!! I'm so excited for you! :happydance:

amanda - Awesome beta!! I'm so freakin' happy for you. :yipee: :dust: :wohoo:
Get nice & snuggly in your new home, little bean. Grow strong for your momma. Auntie boopin says so!! :jo:

YES, Amanda!!! So, so happy for you!!! I'm with Boopin - snuggle in tight, little one!! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->