IVF September

Just got the call...we have 22 embryos! 24 of the 33 eggs were mature and 22 fertilized normally with ICSI! I’m in shock! Couldn’t ask for a better birthday present!

Ask-

Oh my gosh that is so awesome!!!!! (And HAPPY BIRTHDAY) That is such wonderful news!!! How are you feeling?

:happydance::happydance::happydance:
-K

Thank you!

I’m feeling pretty crappy to be honest. Extemely bloated and my stomach is very very sore. Nauseous on and off and got sick this afternoon. Will phone the on call doctor tomorrow if symptoms don’t improve.

Any news from you?

Ask-
Im sorry your not feeling well. I wasn't too good for a couple days after my procedure. It was not as easy as I was hoping. I was sore for about a week. How are you feeling today?
Did a HCG blood test today, waiting on the results (hopefully later today). I'm pretty skeptical that it will be positive. Still having brown/reddish discharge since Wednesday I think, which is when the cramping stopped. Called clinic about it on Saturday, and they said it was not the progesterone and it was either AF or BFP. Sorry of my life right ? :dohh:

-K

P.S. Ask did you get heavier sedation? That can sometimes make you nauseous, pretty common after those kind of drugs. If so, you can tell them next time you have a procedure they use those meds and they may give you anti-nausea meds.

FX for a positive beta, K!

I’m anxiously waiting for our day 3 embryo report...ahh the anticipation makes me feel sick!

I don’t think it was super heavy sedation but I was definitely out and don’t remember a thing. I know they put anti-nausea meds in my IV but I probably should have had something for the next day too. Especially in combination with the Vicodin I was taking. Starting to feel better...today is the first day I’m not extremely bloated all the way up to my chest and feel like I can breathe normally!

Just got the day 3 embaby update! All 22 of our embryos are “dividing beautifully” right now! She said usually about 50% are lost between day 3 and day 5/6 when they will biopsy and freeze them but seemed to indicate we could have more than 50% make it and wanted to see if we wanted to pay an extra $250/each after 8 for PGS testing. And in our case the embryologist suggests testing them all due to my Turner’s diagnosis since some will probably be affected. Then we will keep the normal ones frozen and will hopefully never have to go through stims and retrieval again!

Jumping for joy!!!

Congrats Ask. I'm hoping they continue to grow.

I'm out...negative. This process is the worst and I feel extremely low. We are considering going again, but I have to talk with the husband. I think it tried...but didn't work out.
:nope::nope::nope:

k

Oh K I am so so sorry. :hugs: This process is such a rollerercoaster. Let yourself grieve but don’t give up...it takes many couples more than 1 IVF attempt. Maybe try ICSI next time to improve fertilization rate? You don’t have to decide right now. I’m so sorry it didn’t work out this time.

Thanks!

Yeah we are going to do ICSI since we had such a low fert rate. I may see if they want to put more than one in as well. I'll leave it up to the docs to decide that...i'm kinda game for anything.

This process is a rollercoaster AND expensive. I was saving for a long time for something...guess this was it! LOL :wacko::wacko:

I had a good cry and now i'm better. The process is not too bad and I don't have too many crazy assignments due in the next 3 weeks. I think we are going to jump in and try for October. :thumbup: I have a good feeling the fertilization will be better, and I am thankful I know the process and I feel way less anxious about it.
This process makes me more confident that I can handle things I thought I couldn't. It's a good feeling.
-K
P.S. Keep me updated. Let me know if you want to and I can continue on this thread for when you transfer. Either way...:) It's nice to have partners in IVF! :hugs:

So glad you are charging ahead! We had great fertilization with ICSI (91%)! We are doing PGS so it is a requirement so that the embryo isn’t contaminated by other sperm’s DNA.

It sure is expensive...and the expenses just keep adding up! Glad you have money saved to help.

And it’s all totally worth it to make your dreams come true!

I’ll keep you updated! Keep me posted too!!

Update is tomorrow...is it tomorrow yet?! I’ll let you know the results!

Update: 16 embryos made it to blasts and were biopsied and frozen today! Hoping for good PGS results!

Awesome!!! Hoping for at least 5 normal amazing embryos!!! I'm sure you'll get more :) 5 just seemed nice hahahaha.

We got 2 eggs yesterday and both fertilized. We will know more this weekend!

I would be thrilled with 5! :)

Hoping your 2 make it all the way!!

I started Gonal and Menopur 225iu this month, and am on day 10. Unfortunately I only had one follicle grow significantly and produce 1 egg, and they changed my IVF cycle to an IUI for this week :( I have DOR and need to hear some success stories! Good luck to everyone!

Ask and Nolimit-
Wow congrats ladies! That sounds great!

I 'm still in the beginning of the next cycle, everything on track. I think retrieval will be sometime next week (tuesday/wednesday).
-K

Sorry to hear that!! What is their plan for next time for you? Different drugs? -K

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->