IVF September

Today's bloodwork and ultrasound were encouraging! Estradiol was over 1200 today (day 7 of stims) and I have around 25 follicles (a lot of little ones that will hopefully catch up in time). RE decreased my Follistim dose and I'm to start Ganirelix tomorrow.

That sounds great! Keep it up! How are you feeling? -K

Thanks K! Emotionally - good! Physically - sore and swollen!

How are you doing?

Ask-

Isn't it so fun?! (sarcastic...) I had no idea how tired I would be with those meds. I am currently in my Master's program (2 actually) and I am so behind! I am finally feeling "normal" to get my butt in gear. If we do this again, I will not be in school!
Glad you are emotionally good! That's great. It is such a roller coaster. I felt like every time I went to the office, something new was thrown at me. It's hard to process it all.

I am doing well today. I think I had cramping last night a bit...it is hard to tell since I was half dreaming half awake, but it reminded me of when I get woken up by it during menses. I hope that is a good sign. Kinda did a random pee on a stick this am and it was faint, but I assume it was the trigger shot. Today is 10 days past that. I didn't test it out, but I just did a spot check for fun.
Hope everyone else is doing well!! It is nice to have you ladies around for a sounding board, cheer squad and advice. Hope you all have a great day/week! -K

So fun! *eye roll* My shots hurt more than usual this morning...I think I'm just getting really swollen and tender. Then I saw October is pregnancy and infant loss awareness month this morning and have been pretty tearfull this morning thinking about our journey and losses.

Hoping that line starts to darken for you! Cramping is a good sign! Since we are doing PGS my FET won't be until November or December so I don't be POAS for awhile.

There's absolutely no way I could have done this during my Master's program! You are a champ! I actually left my job a few months ago to start this process. We know I will be staying home with future babes and decided it was best to stop working now. I was commuting nearly 3 hours a day!

FX for you!

Ask-
Wow! I totally get that completely. Quitting is hard to do, but I don't know if I could have done this during a job. Next time we do IVF (if, i guess), I will do it after the semester is almost over or completely over. It is not easy. I did think ahead and rush to finish a bunch of stuff ahead of time, and these two weeks were magically easier! (Thank you God!) I was not anticipating that. I have to say doing a test with some pain meds on board was not fun, but I did fine on it! LOL!

I think it is kinda nice you are getting a break before the transfer. It seems that you can completely recover and feel renewed. That commute also sounds terrible! You wouldn't have any time for fertility! Part of the reason why we waited so long for this is so I could quit my job to and start school. I go to work at 6:30am, so that wouldn't work to well for fertility. "Hey job by the way, I will be randomly late for a month". Yeah that wouldn't work.

I didn't realize October was pregnancy and infant loss. Wow...the timing huh? These meds make us emotional too, so that doesn't help! I cried this morning when I heard about Las Vegas. Anyway..keep me updated on your progress! I'm excited/nervous for you! -K

Hi girls,
I have been POAS the last few days and all BFN. Have had a headache since yesterday morning which is my usual sign of AF approaching. I'm really not feeling hopeful anymore. My blood test is this Thursday 13dp3dt but as I'm bfn up until now at 11dp3dt, I'm feeling more and more that it really hasn't worked. I had a few specks of red blood last night when I wiped which is unusual for me as I usually start with brown. And there's been nothing since which is good. Do you think it could be implantation spotting as late as 10dp3dt? Or maybe it was just irritation from the crinone.

Beith-
Don't stop being hopeful! It's not done until it's done. I'm so sorry though! I know the feeling, but it is more intense after an IVF cycle with all we have gone through. All I can say is don't give up yet! -K

Keeping hope alive for you, Beith! You could have a late implanter!

K - yes leaving my job was hard to do but definitely the right decision. I've spent the last 12 years as an early childhood teacher and loved it but the last few years with the commute and all the fertility stuff was starting to wear on me. I'm way more relaxed now! Which is what I need for this IVF stuff!

Scan this morning went well. Doc said everything looks "awesome"! She saw about 10 big follicles and a lot of smaller ones that they may or may not get a mature egg out of. I go back to tomorrow morning and estimated retrieval is Friday!

Ask-
That sounds great!! Hope it continues to go well. That is exciting that the retrieval might be friday. Keep us updated. I agree about the job thing. I am a lot more relaxed. We were having issues trying as well with me working, always missing each other it seemed.

How is everyone else doing today? Any more updates?

I'm pretty good today. I had MASSIVE and LONG cramp last night. It was totally weird. It was really painful and out of nowhere right when I was laying down in bed getting ready to sleep. I hope that is a good sign??

The wait continues..:coffee:
-K

Hi ladies, Sorry have been absent the last few days. Just done 6 12 hour night shifts.. so been a bit of a recluse.

Glad to hear you are all progressing well.

K - How are you feeling now? Have you POAS anymore since your faint line?

Ask - Great news about those follies! I have everything crossed for a positive ER. Please let us know how it goes!

Beith - please be positive. I was told by my consultant that implantation can occur anywhere between 6-12 days after 3 day ET. I'm being super positive and going with a late sticker!

I'm off on holiday/vacation tomorrow for a week so may not be able to get online (it's supposed to be a phone free relaxing break!). Wishing you all lots of good wishes and I'll catch up when back xx

Hi MissE! Glad you are doing well. Sounds like you had a long week and need a good vacation. Enjoy!

No, I haven't done any POAS again. I think the last one was just the trigger shot, as some of the symptoms of that shot were still lingering. Those have passed, so I'm going to try and hold out.

Cramping has been off and on still since Sunday (2dp5dt) to last night (4dp5dt). I haven't had any this morning, but it's early. I know it sounds crazy, but the cramping make me feel at ease. Otherwise, no symptoms. Feel like myself again after the retrieval. Still having some very mild pain where my ovaries hang out..but it has lessened. I assume it is because the ovaries are still enlarged. My doc said they will go back to normal at the end of the cycle if I'm not pregnant, and if I am it will remain for a couple more weeks.

Trying to get a bunch of school work done so I'm caught up and possibly ahead. I'm excited I'm not in pain and exhausted like I have been the past couple weeks. What a ride this process is!

-K

Retrieval is Friday! Doc thinks she will get at least 10 mature eggs - maybe more but she said it’s really hard to tell because I have a ton of little follicles.

FX for all of us!!!

WOW thats great! Good luck and let us know how those eggies do. :) -K

Hey all...

Kinda worried. Just had some light brown-pink spotting. Not sure if that's irritation from progesterone or what it is. I hate the TWW. It's the worst thing ever!! :wacko::wacko::wacko:
-K

Hey K - try not too worry too much (easier said than done)! It could be a lot of things - as long as you aren’t having full flow you are still in!! Sending positive vibes!

@Ask4joy - keep my fingers and toes crossed xx

Hi ladies - ER is complete. They got 33 eggs...holy smokes! I’ll find out tomorrow how many are mature and fertilized.

How’s everyone doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->