IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
raelynn~ Thank you for sharing that with me. Fingers crossed for you that your hubby won't have to have more TESEs because you will get your BFP with whats frozen. :thumbup:

Lulu~ I'm glad you are back. I hope that what ever comes next you get your BFP and it's a sticky one. When will your RE decide on the protocol for the next cycle?

As for being able to use what we got during the TESE... we can't. :( I really wish we could but theres just not enough. Not even close. I did ask just because I need to know.

MrsC ~ I'm sorry that you don't have enough to work with. I also wanted to ask you if you've ever heard of natural IVF.. it's much cheaper than regular IVF. They use minimal stimulation to only get a few good eggs and the rest follows just like a regular IVF. I hope that could be an option for you. The RE I go to only charges about $5000 for that.

AFM~ My RE asked me to let him know when I ovulate this cycle and he should know by then what protocol he wants to have me on and he will tell me what medications I need to take.

I have heard of it. My FS was talking to us today about mini IVF. Apparently it's IVF with no injections just a pill. He said that the max people usually get is 3-4 eggs.:wacko: Those eggs aren't even guaranteed to be mature so it's not something we want to do. We are happy with the decision we have made and we will be sticking with it. Thank you for asking though. It's nice to know people are looking out. :flower:

You ladies have been such a great help and support through all this.

screetch- im so so sorry

daisy- eh it isnt that bad.. i did a round of injections for iui and ive been doing lupron since the 11th.

long or short protool? long i guess. been on suppression since the 11th.

afm- had my us today. all good. didnt get an antral count but.. saw a bunch of nice tiny follicles on both sides.. doc is funny. he actually said, ok, no cysts.. we agree right? (ive argued with him about follicle size in the past). im supposed to go back for blood work monday. and of course he says.. ok we will do us wednesday.. the only freaking day im working 30 min away instead of across the street.. i asked if it could be tues or thurs and he told me to talk to my ovaries and get them to cooperate. to add a nice hassle.. still didnt get my copy of labs from kaiser and the ivf clinic is chomping at the bit for them. kaiser is virtually impossible to find phone numbers for.. we faxed a release to who knows where cause they didnt send any labs (doc called me 2 more times today about paperwork issues). and while i was there i got a call from my credit card company asking if i charged over 5000 online.. umm yeah no, that wasnt me. luckily they had blocked it (but not my doctors office charges.. which was great). so now i am without credit card til probably monday. but yay for the company being all over it.. one of the calls from my doc was that he realized he hadnt done a sonohysterogram.. whee.. so i get to do that monday along with the bloodwork (im off that day anyway so it is all good).. i start menopur and gonal tomorrow and continue the medrol and lupron. yay 3 shots a day. but frankly what is the worst is the medrol. damn that tastes bad.. he only had me order 16 vials of menopur.. umm that is only 5 days worth and i wont know til monday if i need more.. hrm. just emailed my doc about that..

MrsC ~ I'm really glad that you made your decision. Sorry to give you other options but I thought you were still in the process of making a decision. I'm not in any way against using a donor and I support it but because I hadn't really known about the mini ivf I thought I would mention it as well. My RE actually gave me this choice of mini-ivf for the next cycle as well so I was actually in a similar situation as you and know it can be hard to make a decision. I really hope you get your BFP on the first try and won't need another IUI. You will be in my prayers!!

screetch- im so so sorry

daisy- eh it isnt that bad.. i did a round of injections for iui and ive been doing lupron since the 11th.

long or short protool? long i guess. been on suppression since the 11th.

afm- had my us today. all good. didnt get an antral count but.. saw a bunch of nice tiny follicles on both sides.. doc is funny. he actually said, ok, no cysts.. we agree right? (ive argued with him about follicle size in the past). im supposed to go back for blood work monday. and of course he says.. ok we will do us wednesday.. the only freaking day im working 30 min away instead of across the street.. i asked if it could be tues or thurs and he told me to talk to my ovaries and get them to cooperate. to add a nice hassle.. still didnt get my copy of labs from kaiser and the ivf clinic is chomping at the bit for them. kaiser is virtually impossible to find phone numbers for.. we faxed a release to who knows where cause they didnt send any labs (doc called me 2 more times today about paperwork issues). and while i was there i got a call from my credit card company asking if i charged over 5000 online.. umm yeah no, that wasnt me. luckily they had blocked it (but not my doctors office charges.. which was great). so now i am without credit card til probably monday. but yay for the company being all over it.. one of the calls from my doc was that he realized he hadnt done a sonohysterogram.. whee.. so i get to do that monday along with the bloodwork (im off that day anyway so it is all good).. i start menopur and gonal tomorrow and continue the medrol and lupron. yay 3 shots a day. but frankly what is the worst is the medrol. damn that tastes bad.. he only had me order 16 vials of menopur.. umm that is only 5 days worth and i wont know til monday if i need more.. hrm. just emailed my doc about that..

I'm glad your appointment went well and I hope you get a great response with stims. I'm glad your credit card company stopped that $5000 charge, that is really great of them. Good luck with this cycle and keep us posted on your progress!!

MrsC ~ I'm really glad that you made your decision. Sorry to give you other options but I thought you were still in the process of making a decision. I'm not in any way against using a donor and I support it but because I hadn't really known about the mini ivf I thought I would mention it as well. My RE actually gave me this choice of mini-ivf for the next cycle as well so I was actually in a similar situation as you and know it can be hard to make a decision. I really hope you get your BFP on the first try and won't need another IUI. You will be in my prayers!!

I understand and I appreciate it. If you do go the mini IVF route please let me know how it goes. Thank you for your kind words and support. :hugs:

drsquid~ Good luck on Wednesday. That sucks about your credit card. I'm glad they are getting it all sorted out for you. :thumbup:

Hi MrsC, Haven't kept on top of the updates like I should. I'm sorry to hear that your funding fell through but I'm glad you're at peace with your decision. :hugs::hugs:

I had a bit of a slow start and after 4 days of stims, almost had my cycle cancelled due to slow response. But after doubling my dosage, my response improved and I'm scheduled for EC on June 2. Weird thing is, in the last couple of days, they had to halve my dosage because of elevated prolactin levels. Today they prescribed me something for it and when i asked the nurse what it was for, she said it's so that I don't get sick.

I haven't had a chance to ask the RE what 'sick' means. Hope to speak with him tomorrow.

Wish everyone BFPs.:dust::dust::dust:

Hi MrsC, Haven't kept on top of the updates like I should. I'm sorry to hear that your funding fell through but I'm glad you're at peace with your decision. :hugs::hugs:

I had a bit of a slow start and after 4 days of stims, almost had my cycle cancelled due to slow response. But after doubling my dosage, my response improved and I'm scheduled for EC on June 2. Weird thing is, in the last couple of days, they had to halve my dosage because of elevated prolactin levels. Today they prescribed me something for it and when i asked the nurse what it was for, she said it's so that I don't get sick.

I haven't had a chance to ask the RE what 'sick' means. Hope to speak with him tomorrow.

Wish everyone BFPs.:dust::dust::dust:

Thank you :hugs: I was just thinking about you and wondering how your cycle was going. Thank you for the update. Sorry to hear that things started slow but I'm glad they got you caught up. :thumbup: Yay for ER in a few days! :happydance: Please stop in when you get a chance and let us know how many they collected. My fingers are crossed for you! I'm curious as to what "sick" means as well.

haj~ Good luck at your 2nd beta tomorrow!

CozIvf~ How are you doing?

DaisyQ~ Fx for you!

tiffttc~ I hope your scan goes well tomorrow.

jchic~ How are you doing? Recovery still going well?

Good luck to all those starting meds tomorrow! Theres quite a few of you. :thumbup:

:dust::dust::dust:

sorry i havnt updated IVF went ahead a little earlier for me xx i took my trigger shot monday night(28th May) and egg retrevial was on Wednesday 30th May 7 eggs collected,5 were mature and 3 have fertilized so my ET is on Monday :happydance::happydance:

Alscreetch - I am sorry. My heart broke when I read this....please know that I am thinking of you! When are you getting started with your next cycle?

Mrs C - glad you made a decision and are moving forward. BFP, here YOU come!

Blue - SO SO SO happy to hear these awesome ER numbers. You go chicky!

Missy 123 - Good Luck!

Start my Femara today....eek my first thing besides Clomid EVER! :) should start injections Wednesday :)

I got the anxiously awaited call about an hour ago. Out of the 17 eggs, 15 were mature and 10 fertilized. I am very happy with that number. Now we just have to pray that they keep growing :baby:

alscreetch - I am so sorry :hugs:

MrsC - so glad you were able to make a decision and are one step closer to getting your BFP!!

Blue - that is AWESOME!!! How many are you going to transfer??

Missy - Good Luck on Monday!!

yay missy and blue

so i get an email back from my doc saying i have 8 days of menopur.. um no, no i dont. turns out the nurse wrote the dosage backwards (ie 225 for menopur and 150 for gonal). doc said it is no big deal but.. seriously? i cant wait to get home and take a pic of the script cause im sure she said i was the one who was confused. grrr, luckily a friend has extra menopur and needs my cetrotide.. yay drug swap

Drsquid - that is annoying....at least you got a quick fix there though

Hi ladies, sorry I've been MIA i had a little mini breakdown and needed a few days. I had told you ladies Ihad taken a hpt the other day (the morning of my beta) and it was lighter well because of that, of course even though I had a positive beta I took one the next day and the line was so so so light. so of course I thought something bad was happening and had a little meltdown. Plus the cramps I was having was making me so nervous so I stepped back for a few days until I had my next beta today. I just heard back frorm the Dr. a little while ago and my beta went up from 69 to 152. So I'm feeling a lot better that things seem to be heading in the right direction. I need to go back and read the pages from the past few days and then I will do personals. It seems like so much has happened!!! I'm debating if I want to make myself a ticker yet!!!

sorry i havnt updated IVF went ahead a little earlier for me xx i took my trigger shot monday night(28th May) and egg retrevial was on Wednesday 30th May 7 eggs collected,5 were mature and 3 have fertilized so my ET is on Monday :happydance::happydance:

:happydance: Thats very exciting! Let us know how things go.

Alscreetch - I am sorry. My heart broke when I read this....please know that I am thinking of you! When are you getting started with your next cycle?

Mrs C - glad you made a decision and are moving forward. BFP, here YOU come!

Blue - SO SO SO happy to hear these awesome ER numbers. You go chicky!

Missy 123 - Good Luck!

Thank you :flower:

I got the anxiously awaited call about an hour ago. Out of the 17 eggs, 15 were mature and 10 fertilized. I am very happy with that number. Now we just have to pray that they keep growing :baby:

Blue that is great news! :happydance:

alscreetch - I am so sorry :hugs:

MrsC - so glad you were able to make a decision and are one step closer to getting your BFP!!

Blue - that is AWESOME!!! How many are you going to transfer??

Missy - Good Luck on Monday!!

Thank you :flower:

yay missy and blue

so i get an email back from my doc saying i have 8 days of menopur.. um no, no i dont. turns out the nurse wrote the dosage backwards (ie 225 for menopur and 150 for gonal). doc said it is no big deal but.. seriously? i cant wait to get home and take a pic of the script cause im sure she said i was the one who was confused. grrr, luckily a friend has extra menopur and needs my cetrotide.. yay drug swap

Sorry things are a little confusing right now. I'm glad you are able to swap meds with someone. :thumbup:

Hi ladies, sorry I've been MIA i had a little mini breakdown and needed a few days. I had told you ladies Ihad taken a hpt the other day (the morning of my beta) and it was lighter well because of that, of course even though I had a positive beta I took one the next day and the line was so so so light. so of course I thought something bad was happening and had a little meltdown. Plus the cramps I was having was making me so nervous so I stepped back for a few days until I had my next beta today. I just heard back frorm the Dr. a little while ago and my beta went up from 69 to 152. So I'm feeling a lot better that things seem to be heading in the right direction. I need to go back and read the pages from the past few days and then I will do personals. It seems like so much has happened!!! I'm debating if I want to make myself a ticker yet!!!

haj I'm glad the numbers have gone up. I wondering where you were. :flower: I hope you are doing ok now. Taking tests can be a scary thing sometimes. I don't think you should judge how things are going by the line. I understand wanting to take them though so I don't blame you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"