IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue, so sorry for the delay, but at least your clinic transfers only blast, for the best possible outcome!! I know the waiting game blows.....bigtime!

Mrc, that was my fear too, lol.. I acutally called the nurse and she said that is fine to keep the bandaid on, the the medication is on the sticky part of the patch, obv.. lol.. The sticky part does not touch the patch, its one of those big bandaids that actually cover the entire the dry part covers the patch. It hasnt even begun and I am stressing already.

Anyone can help but I've got to have a prostap injection today CD2 and on my instructions it says intramuscular or subcutaneous. I've done lots of subcutaneous shots with ovitrelle but any advice on which way to do it?

Thanks!!

Blue, sorry to hear about your news! I'm sure you were all geared up and excited for your transfer, just to receive this news. Ugh. As hard as the delay is, hopefully it will be for the best. Your clinic probably thinks tansfering full-blown blasts is best, even if its through a FET later. I had an early blast and morula transfered on day 5 and was obviously unsuccessful, so maybe delay would have been better. I know its hard not to question the revised protocol (and I totally think we should question our treatment at times), but I sooo hope this is your path to a baby. Maybe we will be doing FET together later in the summer.

Chin up blue - the FET success rates are higher at RMA NJ than fresh....I know it sucks, but trust them - they have good reason for doing this....I really think this increased chance will help you get prego with not one, but two sticky beans! I call it, Blue is having twins!

Mobaby and oneof14 - My clinic preffers to transfer blasts so that is why they are not doing fresh. They can't do the fresh transfer on day 7 b\c the embryo's will be out of sync with my body at that point (thansk to DaisyQ for explaining this all to me!) Many clincs do transfers before blast and plenty of women get pregnant. I guess they grow to blasts inside you and then implant. I don't know if they implant before becoming blasts or not :shrug:

Mrs. C - our lab closes twice a year, once in the summer and again around Christmas, so that it may be cleaned. I think those embryologists just need a well deserved vacay! :haha: This only impacts IVFers, not people doing IUI.

Blue, to answer your question, an embie must make it to blast to implant. Successful IVF cycles where day 2 or 3 embies, or day 5 morulas are transferred - those embies continued to develop in utero to blast, and then implanted. You are right - our clinic likes to do only blast transfers. They have very high success rates, and so this is what they thinks works best. That's why they will continue to grow out your embies until blast. And like you said, by the time your embies are blasts, your uterus will no longer be receptive. So it's best to wait, and do the FET. The FET success rates are stellar. DON'T worry. Are you doing CCS/PGD?

Couldnt have said it better than Daisy - she is right. RMA has excellent FET success rates, and we are all there for a reason. Trust in that Blue, they will get you pregopants!!!

Got the call from my nurse. My E2 levels have not yet risen, it's right around 65. I'm to increase my follistim/gonal F from 300 units to 375 units, and my low dose Hcg from 15 units to 30 units. Yikes. Hope something starts to happen - and of course that it happens to ALL the follicles equally and at the same time.

hrm that could def skew the stats higher as many people will end up without any blasts or transfers and the ones that make it are by definition higher quality. id be curious what percentage of patients starting the cycle end up with blasts for transfer and how many end up with nothing.

ive read studies that show no difference in success rates between 2-3 day transfer and 5 day but who knows. regardless keeping them in the dish no matter how good the lab is, is going to select for the strongest and best embies.. which may mean you have none.

:hugs: Blue, so sorry you've had this delay... Ttc seems to be full of endless waiting :-(

Thanks for the explanation about the blasts DaisyQ, was a bit confused :wacko: but that makes a lot of sense :thumbup:

You can check out their success rates on SART (RMA NJ). The success rate for <35 is 60.9% live births (68.3% clinical pregnancy rate) per IVF cycle initiated. 60.9% of retrievals resulted in live births, and 65.4% of transfers result in live births, so it looks like about 5.4% of people didn't make it to transfer, if I'm interpreting that correctly - which I may not be!

I suppose that if you have repeated IVF failures where the issue is not making it to blast, it might be best to try a different clinic that will do day 3 transfers. Our clinic is very strong, however, on asserting that if it doesn't make it in their lab, it won't be viable in utero either. But who knows.

Thanks girls so much for your kind words. After talking to you all and especially Daisy I decided that I have to trust my clinic! They do have really good sucess rates so I have to believe they have my best interest in mind!

blue thanks for explaining that. i didnt even think about the timing of the body being off! wow im out of it today. sorry you are going through all this :(

daisyq: hope those eggies grow! my e2 last round was a miserable 23 at this stage but rebounded nicely and was better by next check. fx for you!

Blue - good choice! I agree, its best to trust them

So I got the call this morning that none of my embies are at blast yet. They are letting them grow one more day and freezing them. I am so bummed out. 10 are still growing so I dont' understand why they won't do the transfer with 2 and let the other 8 grow and freeze them. The worst part is the lab is closing so I am most likely going to have to wait until August to do the FET. :cry:

I know how frustrated you are. Jan, 2010 I started my mini IVF in NYC. BC and clomid, etc.) They were only able to collect 1 emby. Doc decided not to transfer due to my lining not thickening. It was frozen at 5day blast. It was such a let down knowing how eager I have been for years to have a baby, now he's delaying it for another month. Feb. 2010, another cycle, same procedure, and I got a :bfp:. The one they froze over 2 years ago is now the one I am carrying right now.

Things happen for a reason. Have faith. Hugs and babydust to you.

What an AWESOME post - thank you for sharing!!

I second that....amazing post, and amazing story. God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"