IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping I could join this thread :flower:

My name is Angie. I am 41 and my husband is 39. We have had 3 failed rounds of Clomid with IUI and Trigger and now will be beginning IVF. I am terrified.
We have a major decision to make, which is do we use my egg or a donor?
It's so ridiculously expensive that all I can do is pray that I make the right choice because it will be our only shot. If I listen to the statistics which say at my age we would have 8-10% chance of success, and with a donor egg almost 50+% chance of success,, than I would hands down go donor, but alas my heart aches for a child of my own made from both my husband and I. In my heart I think I know what I am willing to do..Has anyone else had to make this choice?

ps..My infertility seems to be all age related. Husband has no issues. I have no issues other than not catching the egg each cycle. On my Clomid cycles I created beautiful follicles. A couple on each side over 22mm each. I just don't know why it didn't work.

This new journey trying to conceive with IVF begins on June 14th

Thank you in advance for any advise you may have

Prayers and Blessings,
~Angie

Awww welcome Angie....I haven't been in "quite" the situation you have :( but mine is pretty grim since both of my tubes have problems....its going to be a challenge and with you like me...if we go to the IVF its a one shot deal and we want it to work as well.....wishing you the best of luck :dust: everything I can send your way...because like you we are TERRIFIED to try the IVF b/c again its a one shot thing our way to because of money......

We would love for you to share your journey :) with all of us....we LOVE that in here! We share ups, downs, round and rounds.....

Awww welcome Angie....I haven't been in "quite" the situation you have :( but mine is pretty grim since both of my tubes have problems....its going to be a challenge and with you like me...if we go to the IVF its a one shot deal and we want it to work as well.....wishing you the best of luck :dust: everything I can send your way...because like you we are TERRIFIED to try the IVF b/c again its a one shot thing our way to because of money......

We would love for you to share your journey :) with all of us....we LOVE that in here! We share ups, downs, round and rounds.....

Thank you sooo much. To be honest, we had to sell my brand new Toyota Tacoma to fund this adventure, because we had no desire to go into debt. So I completely understand about the finances. I am more than happy to drive a hoopty if it means trying to get our baby :winkwink:

My husband and I are going to be filming our entire journey through IVF.
I pray it has a happy ending ..

Thank you for the warm response.

~Angie

Angie - Welcome! I can understand your struggle with the decision. For us it was the other way around though, since we didn't know if we could use DH's sperm. You have to follow your heart. It definitely isn't an easy choice! Best of luck with your decision!

Angie - Welcome! I can understand your struggle with the decision. For us it was the other way around though, since we didn't know if we could use DH's sperm. You have to follow your heart. It definitely isn't an easy choice! Best of luck with your decision!

Wow! Look like you and I are starting this journey a day apart :thumbup:

Yeah! I go in for my baseline blood & ultrasound on 6/13 and if all goes well should be starting stims on 6/16.

Some of ye girls was on the same cycle as me how are ye getting on with your ivf so far???are any of ye going for ER soon??

I hope everyone is doing well!!!!

Hey tiff,

Mine aint going so good :nope: To start with I had too many follicles and they thought I'd end up hyper-stimulated. (Was on 112.5iu Gonal-F). So went back for scan 2 days later and the follicles hadn't progressed as well as they'd hoped. So I'm now on 150iu and going back on Monday. If not where they want them to be on Monday they will abandon this cycle and do the next one with 150iu from the start. Feeling so deflated, cried god knows how many times yesterday. I suppose nothing I can do but an abandoned cycle means we'll have to pay another £700 for the drugs again. :cry: So Monday is judgment day, I'm pretty sure this cycle is gonna be abandoned, just by the way they were speaking yesterday.

Wishing you all the luck in the world for your EC on Monday. xx :flower:

My name is Angie. I am 41 and my husband is 39. We have had 3 failed rounds of Clomid with IUI and Trigger and now will be beginning IVF. I am terrified.
It's so ridiculously expensive that all I can do is pray that I make the right choice because it will be our only shot. If I listen to the statistics which say at my age we would have 8-10% chance of success, and with a donor egg almost 50+% chance of success,, than I would hands down go donor, but alas my heart aches for a child of my own made from both my husband and I. In my heart I think I know what I am willing to do..Has anyone else had to make this choice?

ps..My infertility seems to be all age related. Husband has no issues. I have no issues other than not catching the egg each cycle. On my Clomid cycles I created beautiful follicles. A couple on each side over 22mm each. I just don't know why it didn't work.

Prayers and Blessings,
~Angie

Welcome Angie. We have not yet had to make that decision about donor egg, but it is on our radar. Although I'm relatively young (29), my re was slightly concerned about my egg quality after IVF round 1 last month. If we fail again, we are going to consider donor eggs. The option had never even crossed our minds until our IVF follow-up appt.

I completely understand the desire to have a child with your partner's and your genes! Thinking about using donor eggs is somewhat devastating to me, to be perfectly honest. But after thinking it over for a few days, DH and I decided we'd do it if absolutely necessary. At least the child will have your hubby's genetic make-up, and you get to carry, give birth, breast feed, etc. And I joked to my husband that I'd pick out a donor who looked kinda like me but better! :haha:

Do you know the cost difference between using your own eggs vs. donor? And if you go the donor route, would you tell people you used a donor?

Haj, that is very exciting!

Tiff, everything sounds good and I'm glad you are going to make it to egg retrieval.

Daisy83, I am so sorry to hear that your cycle might be canceled - I've been there once, and I'm hoping I'm not headed there again. It's devastating. It is trial and error I guess for them to get it right, and some months are better than others from what I hear.

Welcome Angie. The choice is a difficult one. For me personally, I have two step children that I am co-parenting, so the desire for my OWN child is very strong. Not sure I could go the donor route, but I'm sure I might feel differently if the step kids weren't in the picture. At 41 I'd say you still have a good chance, but it may take more than 1 cycle to get the perfect embryo that will be your baby. That said, there are no guarantees it will take only 1 cycle with donor eggs - it could take more than one. It's just so hard to predict.

AFM, It's more of the same. Right ovary is STILL asleep, with 6 under 10 (at least all the docs are consistent right?), and the left is just slightly more active with 3 at 11, and another 2 at 10.

So the good news is no lead follicles, and the bad news is that it looks like only 5 are growing, all on the left, and the progress is SLOW. The ones at 11 don't look to have grown since Thursday, unless the doctor I saw on Thursday measures "big" and the doctor today measures "small."

My estrogen did go up again, now it's at 290. So it more than doubled which is good.

My instructions are to increase my dose (again) to 450 follistim and 30 units low dose hcg.

I'm wondering if I'll ever get to egg retrieval at this rate. Please, please, please!

Prayers and Blessings,
~Angie

Welcome Angie. We have not yet had to make that decision about donor egg, but it is on our radar. Although I'm relatively young (29), my re was slightly concerned about my egg quality after IVF round 1 last month. If we fail again, we are going to consider donor eggs. The option had never even crossed our minds until our IVF follow-up appt.

I completely understand the desire to have a child with your partner's and your genes! Thinking about using donor eggs is somewhat devastating to me, to be perfectly honest. But after thinking it over for a few days, DH and I decided we'd do it if absolutely necessary. At least the child will have your hubby's genetic make-up, and you get to carry, give birth, breast feed, etc. And I joked to my husband that I'd pick out a donor who looked kinda like me but better! :haha:

Do you know the cost difference between using your own eggs vs. donor? And if you go the donor route, would you tell people you used a donor?

Thank you :flower:
Donor egg is 18k and our egg is 12k :dohh:
I don't know if we will tell people or not. I would prefer not to. Do you tell the child down the road??? So many decisions ...

Thanks DaisyQ :flower: I will be praying for you.

Daisy83, I am so sorry to hear that your cycle might be canceled - I've been there once, and I'm hoping I'm not headed there again. It's devastating. It is trial and error I guess for them to get it right, and some months are better than others from what I hear.

AFM, It's more of the same. Right ovary is STILL asleep, with 6 under 10 (at least all the docs are consistent right?), and the left is just slightly more active with 3 at 11, and another 2 at 10.

So the good news is no lead follicles, and the bad news is that it looks like only 5 are growing, all on the left, and the progress is SLOW. The ones at 11 don't look to have grown since Thursday, unless the doctor I saw on Thursday measures "big" and the doctor today measures "small."

My estrogen did go up again, now it's at 290. So it more than doubled which is good.

My instructions are to increase my dose (again) to 450 follistim and 30 units low dose hcg.

I'm wondering if I'll ever get to egg retrieval at this rate. Please, please, please!

Thanks Daisy, I'm so impatient which doesn't help. I know you've been in this boat as well. Fingers crossed this works for you - maybe it's the daisy part that's jinxing our eggs?!!! :dohh: Is follistim the same as Gonal-F? x

Welcome Angie. I've thought about donor eggs if I have an egg quality problem. But as far as age goes, I'm 29 so hoping that shouldn't be an issue. My sister who I am very close to said if I need eggs she would donate hers. Usually I'm just stealing clothes and shoes, eggs takes it to a whole new level. I said it'd be worth it to get on The Jeremy Kyle Show to have the caption "I gave birth to my sister and husband's baby"!!! :haha:

daisys- sorry about the canceled cycle and the slow cycle. what a pita.

went for my us today.. the biggest got bigger but not enormous and i have a ton of little ones. cause my e2 is only in the 800s it suggests a lot arent mature. if it is still going up today then we will keep stimming for a trigger monday and ER weds, if it flatlines then we will trigger for tuesday. kinda excited and bummed.. excited cause there is a chance for a bunch more eggs but bummed cause im worried that the big wwill go overripe without maturing the little ones,

went for my us today.. the biggest got bigger but not enormous and i have a ton of little ones. cause my e2 is only in the 800s it suggests a lot arent mature. if it is still going up today then we will keep stimming for a trigger monday and ER weds, if it flatlines then we will trigger for tuesday. kinda excited and bummed.. excited cause there is a chance for a bunch more eggs but bummed cause im worried that the big wwill go overripe without maturing the little ones,

Thanks drsquid, this IVF stuff is so confusing! I thought it would be fairly straightforward! How wrong was I?! FX'd for you x

Some of ye girls was on the same cycle as me how are ye getting on with your ivf so far???are any of ye going for ER soon??

Hey tiff,

Mine aint going so good :nope: To start with I had too many follicles and they thought I'd end up hyper-stimulated. (Was on 112.5iu Gonal-F). So went back for scan 2 days later and the follicles hadn't progressed as well as they'd hoped. So I'm now on 150iu and going back on Monday. If not where they want them to be on Monday they will abandon this cycle and do the next one with 150iu from the start. Feeling so deflated, cried god knows how many times yesterday. I suppose nothing I can do but an abandoned cycle means we'll have to pay another £700 for the drugs again. :cry: So Monday is judgment day, I'm pretty sure this cycle is gonna be abandoned, just by the way they were speaking yesterday.

dont lose hope yet i was told i was going to be cancelled aswell because my hormones was a bit to high they were 96000 and if they went to 12000 i would have been cancelled just pray pray!!! and i will pray for you i prayed so hard today that i would make it to ec because i was told to prepare myself that i wouldnt so prayers can be answered but only when the time is right things can change so rapidly with ivf so things can stil go your way dont give up :hugs::hugs::dust::hugs::hugs:

Hey ladies,

My computer is going to crap so I'm going to try to get all the updates. The trackpad on my mac seems to have a mind of it's own for the past 24 hours. Needless to say I'm going crazy trying to work my computer. Although I did just go steal hubby's mouse so hopefully I can fill my need of BnB. :haha:

I have been a little sick in the last few days, i am just happy that it is not the stims thats making me sick. It is just the sudden changes in weather here. Today is day 5 of stimmign , i cant believe it. I havent had any weird side effects from stimming, which is nice. But i am not sure if that means i am not responding well. I have my u/s on 12th. I hope to see things look good then. IVF has been easier than what i assumed to be. I have been relatively stress free than my earlier cycles TTC. Which i assume is mainly bcos at each stage you know what is happening in your body and that is a positive assurance that it is going good.

I hope you feel better soon. I wouldn't worry about not having any side effects. Fx the rest of stimming treats you well.

hey everyone i just wanted to pop in and say hi and give ye all my update so far so........i nearly got cancelled!!!! so i went for my scan on thursday and i had 15 follicles on my right ovary and 10 on my left but none of them was big enough but i was told i was doing good because i was only 4 days on stims but when they done my bloods my hormones came back a bit to high so they reduced my dose because they said i was doing a bit to good!!! so it was reduced to 100ui of puregeon and my orgalutran as normal and i was brought back in on friday for another scan and they grew a bit more but my right ovary was responding better then my left there was 5 mature on my right but none was big enough on my left and my hormones was a bit to high that day again!!!so they reduced my dose again to 75ui of puregeon and my orgalutran as normal and i had another scan this morning and i had 10 eggs on my right ovary thats now big enough and 2 on my left thats big enough so........the nurse told me that that if my hormones was still high i would prob be cancelled or they would do egg collection on mon and then freeze them and put them back in in 2 months but when she rang me today my hormones werent to high and so i take my orgalutran at 5pm today and then at 10.15pm tonight i take my trigger shot and my egg collection is monday morning at 9.00am and she said that they will monitor me 1-2 days after ER and if the fluid around my ovarys isnt to much then they can put the embryos bk in but either way it goes iam happy coz no more nasty stims but i prayed really hard today for my hormones to be ok so i can go for egg collection and my prayers were answer i just hope now the rest of them will be!!!! i was soooo stressed the past few days but things seem to be coming together now FINALLY!!!

haj- iam sooooo happy to hear its twins the wait was defo worth it coz now you will get two for the price of one :baby::baby::hugs:

jenny- YAY!! YOUR PREGGO..........wishing you a h&h 9 months :hugs:

mrs c- iam kinda confused about how you feel you dont fit in?????have you decided to not do ivf anymore??? and iam really glad your sticking around we have all grown so close with all our diff journeys and dont worry Mrs c your journey will end in a baby!!!:dust:

I'm so glad to hear that you didn't get cancelled. That is great news! I'm excited for you and I hope all goes well with the trigger tonight.

The reason I don't quite fit in any more is because we lost our funding for IVF and we are fully out of pocket. We had to make a big decision at that point and decided that we are going to go with donor IUI. That should be starting here soon.

Ladies here are the pictures of my little sweet peas :cloud9:

Your pics look wonderful!!

Prayers and Blessings,
~Angie

Welcome :hi: It does sound like you have a big decision to make but I'm sure you guys will do what is right for you. Not much longer until you get started!

Fx everything goes well and you won't have to cancel this cycle. A lot can change in a few days so don't give up hope.

Haj, that is very exciting!

Tiff, everything sounds good and I'm glad you are going to make it to egg retrieval.

Welcome Angie. The choice is a difficult one. For me personally, I have two step children that I am co-parenting, so the desire for my OWN child is very strong. Not sure I could go the donor route, but I'm sure I might feel differently if the step kids weren't in the picture. At 41 I'd say you still have a good chance, but it may take more than 1 cycle to get the perfect embryo that will be your baby. That said, there are no guarantees it will take only 1 cycle with donor eggs - it could take more than one. It's just so hard to predict.

Egg retrieval will be here soon for you. My fingers are crossed that your ovary wakes up.

Fx for some good eggs! I look forward to hearing how things go on Monday.

MJ~ Good luck today! I know it's a little late in this thread but I'm glad I got in on here.

l8bloomer~ How is the wait going?

thanks guys.. my e2 jumped to 1400. doc dropped me to 150 gonal and go back for us monday. hopefully that means my little eggies are plumping up nicely. kinda annoyed for the delay but if it means more good eggs..

thanks guys.. my e2 jumped to 1400. doc dropped me to 150 gonal and go back for us monday. hopefully that means my little eggies are plumping up nicely. kinda annoyed for the delay but if it means more good eggs..

Fingers crossed!!!

Haj! Your us is awesome!!! Fx both beanies grow!! Can't wait for your next pic!

Fingers crossed this works for you - maybe it's the daisy part that's jinxing our eggs?!!! :dohh: Is follistim the same as Gonal-F? x

:haha: Gosh I hope it's not our aliases that are unlucky!

Yes, they are pretty much the same. I started with gonal, but had a few vials of follistim donated, which has been a godsend for us financially, so I'm mostly using follistim until it runs out, which my doctor said is OK. I will say I stimmed much faster last time using gonal, but who knows if it's the drugs or what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"