IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
One! Great news! Your E2 doubled in 24 hours? I think that is a very good sign that there is some follicular growth brewing. I think you'll really start to see some progress over the next few days. I predict trigger on Tuesday!

Yes, on Sunday my e2 was 52.5 so more than doubled, At this point I want to make it to ER, as you are aware, every day is so nerve racking. When you do you find out the news on your embies?

MrsC - My OTD is 3/7 (or 7/3 for those who write the date back to front! :laugh2: )

s08 - I totally see where you're coming from, it's so hard watching (and hearing about) others getting pregnant. I have felt the same, although I know I'm happy for them, it just reminds me of how difficult we have had it. I know it will happen for us, I'm 29 like you - we have loads of time to master this fine art of pregnancy. We are just perfectionists and waiting for our time xx :flower:

MoBaby and s08 ~ You ladies have been fairly quiet. Are you doing ok?

Hi MrsC. Thanks for checking in. I've been following along with everyone's progress, I just don't have much to add so I'm staying pretty quiet.

I'm actually having kind of a hard time right now. I had finally accepted our failure and was starting to feel OK until last week. My best friend, who knows all about our struggle, decided it was time to tell me she is 7 weeks pregnant...at a baseball game. I did the math and we would have been due at the same time. I had to leave the game in tears and walk 20 minutes to my car alone. It was pretty mortifying actually. I hate that I seem anything less than thrilled for my friends' joy, you know? She shouldn't have to be apologetic about getting pregnant because of my struggle, but I guess that is how it is. And although she tried to be sensitive in telling me in person, I would have much rather heard in a non-public place or on the phone. That way, she (and the entire stadium) wouldn't have had to see me cry.

And she tells me, "well we have been trying for a few months." Her "trying" is going off the pill 4 months ago and downloading an app that estimates when you're ovulating! (I know, that's how it should work). But after months/years of temping, monitoring cm, using OPK's, pre-seed, and cough syrup (you name it, we've tried it), perfectly timing bding, practically setting up a cot at the RE clinic, failed IUI's, an IVF chemical, etc., merely downloading an app and doing the deed sounds almost comical. Well, that turned into a little rant, didn't it?!? I feel better now.

Anyway, the news really cemented our plan to do IVF number 2 as soon as possible, despite the fact that our bank account will take a huge hit again. We will still do our FET in Aug., but RE doesn't give us great odds for it so we're not getting our hopes up for it.

Well, I am still following along here and keeping my fx-ed for many BFP's in the near future. Sorry for the novel.

I'm so sorry that you are having a hard time. I won't pretend that I know what you are feeling but please know that I do understand why you are upset. It is hard to be happy for friends who fall pregnant easily or with very little trying. I do think it would have been better had she told you when you two had time alone or over the phone. That way you wouldn't have to try and hide your emotions from tons of people. :hugs: Don't give up on FET. It can happen and it will happen for you.

MrsC - My OTD is 3/7 (or 7/3 for those who write the date back to front! :laugh2: )

s08 - I totally see where you're coming from, it's so hard watching (and hearing about) others getting pregnant. I have felt the same, although I know I'm happy for them, it just reminds me of how difficult we have had it. I know it will happen for us, I'm 29 like you - we have loads of time to master this fine art of pregnancy. We are just perfectionists and waiting for our time xx :flower:

Sounds good! Fx for you.

@ MrsC8776 thank you :)

@ S08 - I so feel for you :hugs: I just recently read a post on facebook (have edited the names out) and I wondered - does she even know what struggles other people are facing?...

"So...I would like to make a public confession. I have so much to be grateful for and I know I have blessings that others wish they had, but I still feel a slight twinge of jealousy when I see girls my age or younger who have lots of kids or especially when girls who were pregnant at the same time as me or who married at the same time as me now have another child. I don't feel envious or bitter. I just think, "They're so lucky." I know it's not rational and it's also ungrateful for what I do have, but I just wanted to confess that in a public forum. I'm almost 36 and xx and I have been trying to get pregnant again for almost a year and have miscarried once during that time...but I am so lucky too to have been blessed with xx and G-Monkey. I am so grateful for my boys."

When I read that I thought - hello, I am going to be 37 in August and haven't even been blessed with a first pregnancy, we have to do ICSI to have a chance of getting pregnant and here is (albeit a really lovely girl) xx ranting about not getting pregnant a second time and making a speech like this in public.

I so get how upset you were, being told in public and I wish you so much luck with IVF#2 :hugs:

One! Great news! Your E2 doubled in 24 hours? I think that is a very good sign that there is some follicular growth brewing. I think you'll really start to see some progress over the next few days. I predict trigger on Tuesday!

Yes, on Sunday my e2 was 52.5 so more than doubled, At this point I want to make it to ER, as you are aware, every day is so nerve racking. When you do you find out the news on your embies?

I think you'll get there, you just need more time.

I'll find out tomorrow. The suspense is building.

So exciting Daisy, are you doing the study w/genetic testing? I am anxiously awaiting w/you. Fxd!!!

Yep - we are doing the study. Hopefully we'll have plenty of embryos to test.. Hoping for LOTS of blasts!

Blue - I know that I have to take the baby asprin cuz I have a risk of blood clots. So the dr is going to have me take an 81mg of that along with an injection of lovenox to prevent that.

One - great news on the e2 levels!!!

S08 :hugs:

@ S08 - I so feel for you :hugs: I just recently read a post on facebook (have edited the names out) and I wondered - does she even know what struggles other people are facing?...

"So...I would like to make a public confession. I have so much to be grateful for and I know I have blessings that others wish they had, but I still feel a slight twinge of jealousy when I see girls my age or younger who have lots of kids or especially when girls who were pregnant at the same time as me or who married at the same time as me now have another child. I don't feel envious or bitter. I just think, "They're so lucky." I know it's not rational and it's also ungrateful for what I do have, but I just wanted to confess that in a public forum. I'm almost 36 and xx and I have been trying to get pregnant again for almost a year and have miscarried once during that time...but I am so lucky too to have been blessed with xx and G-Monkey. I am so grateful for my boys."

When I read that I thought - hello, I am going to be 37 in August and haven't even been blessed with a first pregnancy, we have to do ICSI to have a chance of getting pregnant and here is (albeit a really lovely girl) xx ranting about not getting pregnant a second time and making a speech like this in public.

I so get how upset you were, being told in public and I wish you so much luck with IVF#2 :hugs:

Totally agree!!! Facebook is one of my biggest hates (should be called "look at me and all my personal details-book!). People who use it like that to confess something as ridiculous as that are just looking for attention. Bet she got loads of "likes"!

I am confident you will have lots of blasts daisy!

Michelle, I will also be on lovenox after tranfer, but when I asked my nurse about the baby asprin (I was taking on my own), she told me to stop because it wont work for me.

Doc just called. 4 made it to freeze. Don't remember the grades but I know there was some amount of grade 1 and 2

Squid - Great news that you have 4 to freeze!

So8 - I am so sorry about finding out about your friends pregnancy. I know how hard this can be, I was in a similar situation with my best friend. Same thing she downloaded an app and a fews months later she was pregnant. She since has had her baby girl who I just baptised 2 weeks ago. I was very touched that she asked me to be her Godmother but it was very hard to be at the baptism. It's a hard thing and there is no right or wrong to feel about it. Everyone takes it differently. Hang in there.

Totally agree!!! Facebook is one of my biggest hates (should be called "look at me and all my personal details-book!). People who use it like that to confess something as ridiculous as that are just looking for attention. Bet she got loads of "likes"!

Not just loads of "likes" but dozens of comments. Don't get me wrong, the woman is actually a really lovely girl - but when I read that, I just - well, thought my thoughts .. :shrug:

The reason I love FB is because of being able to reconnect with people from all different stages of my life - but I don't use it to broadcast every detail. Although I must admit - if we are successful and make it past the three month mark, you can bet your bottom dollar that there will be a BBIIIIIGGG post on there with a beautiful U/S piccie :D

Doc just called. 4 made it to freeze. Don't remember the grades but I know there was some amount of grade 1 and 2
Congrats!!

AFM - My E2 was at 280 this morning so I'm staying on the same dose of meds and adding in ganirelix in the am to keep me from ovulating. Follie count was 12 on one side 15 on the other but I didn't get any measurements yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"