IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning ladies! I hope you are all doing well today.

Ever~ I'm g;ad everything went well at your appointment. Look like you and I will be starting about the same time. We picked those months because thats when I know hubby will be in country and home.

Well it's suppose to be spring right? Not here... We got the most snow we have had all year long. I truly love the snow but I dread driving in it! I have a feeling it's going to be a long day at work today.

Ladies who have done IVF before~ Will you be staying with the same clinic or switching to a new one? Is there anything that you want to do differently this time? Just thought I would start some conversation here and see what your thoughts are. :flower:

Hey ladies, hope everyone is doing well.
Sorry Mrs. C but its supposed to be a beautiful 70 degrees here on long island today. Question for you ladies, does insurance usually cover accupuncture? I was thinking about giving it a go. Alsooooo I started a ttc blog if you ladies want to check it out: https://babyyesplease.blogspot.com/

Hi all,
Welcome to the new ladies (the more the merrier).

Is anyone considering traveling abroad for IVF? For those who know people who have travelled for IVF how long did the whole process take? Am considering doing same but am unsure of how long i will be away for and if my job can give me so much time off.

Any input is welcome

So sorry you had a snow storm Mrs C. I still feel like winter is going to get us back somehow since we had such a mild one and today is going to be 78 degrees.

Haj - I will def head over to your blog, yay!

I will start acupuncture very soon. I have my first patient visit next Wednesday. Apparently the first visit is 90 minutes long... not sure what will all be done during the first visit but I'm looking forward to it. Anyone have any idea's on what the first visit usually is and what is done?

My first acupuncture appt. was long too (over an hour). We spent a lot of time talking about my cycles, health history, etc. (like you might with your RE). She also did some kinda interesting things like look at my tongue, check my pulse in both wrists, etc.

Then I spent about 30-45 minutes with the needles in.

I've been trying to go weekly now, including on the day of ovulation as she recommended. Hope this helps!

haj624 - not sure if insurance covers it in the US but I pay for it privately here. I have been going once a week for the last 3 weeks. She thinks that my lining will be much thicker - I guess I will find out in a week or so. My period only usually lasts 2 days so anything longer than that would be great. My consultant doesn't think it is an issue at all as my lining is always about 7-8 on CD 11 but I still think it can't hurt!!! Also, I was on clomid for 6 months and it can have that effect.

Mrs C8776 - are you doing a long cycle or a short cycle? I actually start the whole process off with my May period with an aim to do ET first week of July.

So great to have others to chat to about it all.

Hey ladies, hope everyone is doing well.
Sorry Mrs. C but its supposed to be a beautiful 70 degrees here on long island today. Question for you ladies, does insurance usually cover accupuncture? I was thinking about giving it a go. Alsooooo I started a ttc blog if you ladies want to check it out: https://babyyesplease.blogspot.com/

My insurance (Aetna) does cover acupuncture. 20 cycles per year with only a $5 co-pay. They also cover 20 massages/year, so I've just started going to the same acupuncture/massage clinic for fertility massages. The clinic just bills the appts. to the insurance with a certain code so they're covered. Its definitely worth checking out.

My insurance was only supposed to cover diagnosis and treatment of the underlying issue causing infertility, but they have actually been great about covering all my ultrasounds, consultations, meds, etc. Just not IUI or IVF. Does that sound familiar to anyone else?

Gotcha..thanks ladies!!

Blue-I figured woman who are struggling as well can read it and for woman who don't struggle ttc they can get an insight into what some other ppl have to do to get their little miracle

haj624 - great blog entry!!! I too have PCOS.

why thank you. Yeah I'm really curious to know if I'm ovulating on my own. Do you? I definitely have the excessive hair growth, weight gain, etc...ya know all the fun stuff!!

yes I do ovulate but at each mid cycle scan that I have they can see that the follicles haven't grown very big (immature) so wouldn't make a baby!!!
do you get ovulation pain?

yes I do ovulate but at each mid cycle scan that I have they can see that the follicles haven't grown very big (immature) so wouldn't make a baby!!!
do you get ovulation pain?

i feel like i constantly have little pain and twinges and what not so im not really sure. i never really paid attention until i was ttc and then of course i felt like i did but it very well might have been my imagination.

have you ever used ovulation predictor kits? They can tell you if you are ovulating.
I used to start using them on CD 11 and I would usually have a positive around CD16 - although when I had my mid cycle scans my consultant told me that the follicles were just to small - hence the need for clomid and now IVF

have you ever used ovulation predictor kits? They can tell you if you are ovulating.
I used to start using them on CD 11 and I would usually have a positive around CD16 - although when I had my mid cycle scans my consultant told me that the follicles were just to small - hence the need for clomid and now IVF

I did try them but both my OB and RE told me that for some woman with PCOS it will never turn positive no matter what...i am lucky enough to tbe one of those women.

LOL. Not much. 9DPO today and waiting it out. Hoping AF shows her ugly face so I can move onto this IUI injectable cycle then IVF!

LOL. Not much. 9DPO today and waiting it out. Hoping AF shows her ugly face so I can move onto this IUI injectable cycle then IVF!

Did you do an IUI this cycle? How many IUI's will you have done before IVF?

Ok :witch: is here! I'm actually happy for a change. Now I can guestimate when IVF will start. Yay!

Ok :witch: is here! I'm actually happy for a change. Now I can guestimate when IVF will start. Yay!

Yayyy Blue!!!:happydance:

So if I'm going to the RE on Tuesday and AF is due Wednesday, we wouldn't be able to do anything IVF related for this next cycle (wed) right? I have to be on meds and what not first for a little?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"