IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Daisy :hi:

The clinic I go to transfers 2 day 5 embryos. Do you know what day they like to transfer? Maybe thats why they only want to do one. :shrug: I think if you truly feel like you want two transferred you should tell them. You don't want to look back and wish you had put two back in. Thats just the way I think about it. Others might have a different opinion.

Since you are on CD37 of a 31 day cycle is it possible you might be pregnant already and not need IVF?

Azlissie I hope everything is ok and you can figure out what is going on very soon. I know what you mean about not wanting anything to mess up your plans. That is one of my fears.

Sekky I hope that what ever you decide brings you a BFP!

Well ladies hubby surprised me the other day when we were talking. With all his traveling he builds up flyer miles very quickly. I guess he has been saving them up because he used them all to get us tickets to Hawaii in September. We are in desperate need of a vacation so this will be very nice. I just keep thinking that I will either be a little bit pregnant or very sad that our IVF didn't take. Either way it will be a wonderful time to get away.

MrsC8776 -

How fantastic!! Holiday sounds great!!! Fingers crossed that everything works for you and that it is your little beans very first holiday!

I feel like I am wishing time away so that I can get started on the IVF but feel so nervous about it not working as we can only afford one go. Hey ho, not much that we can do about that!!

xx

Hi All, How are you today? Hope you had a great weekend! So AF arrived today full force, so I am calling in my day 1 right now. I am not upset about it though, because this cycle we will do IUI with injectables (which I think will be a wash because of our morph and endo issue) but then onto IVF! So after this upcoming cycle, we start the estradil, etc, then IVF in late May I think (which is when the next period will be done!). I cant wait!

Haj here is what I had for questions. You will have to delete the answers though. I hope this helps. :flower: I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Questions for clinic

Who does TESE and when to contact? Call asap as it takes 6-8 weeks to get in for a consult. Go in as soon as hubby gets back from Afghanistan.

Price of TESE? $1,000 – 1,600

How many embryos are put back? 2

Do we need more testing? Yes repeat all testing since it has been a while

Difference between long and short protocol? Short means no Lupron and long means I will need it

Any idea of what our meds will be like? Not yet but BC most likely the rest depends on long or short protocol

How long will meds most likely take? A month to a month and a half

Where to get the meds? The clinic will find all meds for us and get the cheapest ones from online pharmacy’s

3 day or 5 day transfer? Only 5 day transfers

Ideal weight for IVF? Not worried at all

Chances of OHSS? 2% with my age range (24)

Average scans per week/cycle? 2-3 a week

Views on bed rest after transfer? Discuss later

Are the stats on the SART website based on positive pregnancy tests only? Based on live births

Is there a class to show how to do injections? Yes two 2 hour classes to go over injections and other things to know

How will I communicate with you during this whole process? Same day phone calls

Will we be seeing the same FS every time? Yes although EC may not be the same FS because they rotate

What additional costs would / could be incurred? Just the TESE and sedation for TESE everything including meds is included in the $15,000

What happens to the costs if the cycle has to be abandoned? Meds will have to be redone

Cost of FET? $3,000

Thanks you soooo much!!! I am like beyond nervous like sick to my stomach nervouse about tomorrow. i just want all the results to come back good and for him to tell us we can start the ivf process.

Hi ladies, hope we are all doing ok.
Haj from your signature you've had clomid/ovidrel iui. On what day after your last clomid pill did you take the trigger shot? Am considering trying one more iui with clomid before ivf. Trying to plan towards it.

usually cd 12 which is 5 days after my last pill

Haj - gonna check out your blog now :) dont stress about today, it will go fine and you will have answers. If you feel confident with your doc, trust that the process will work :)

Haj - gonna check out your blog now :) dont stress about today, it will go fine and you will have answers. If you feel confident with your doc, trust that the process will work :)

The appt is tomorrow...but im sure you have realized by now, that I am a worrier haha thats what i do. I have been really up until this morning when i finally realized tomorrow I'm going to get some answers...whether they are good or bad

LOL - it will work out and remember there is very little that a good RE cant work with these days! You will be fine, I cant wait for you to be all excited after your appt. xoxo

LOL - it will work out and remember there is very little that a good RE cant work with these days! You will be fine, I cant wait for you to be all excited after your appt. xoxo

I hope so!! Thanks love!!:hugs:

Thanks ladies will update as soon as i take a decision

Hi Ladies! I just caught up with all the postings. I love reading them because I feel like we are all in such similar boats...just waiting to get the ball rolling and hoping for a miracle in the meantime.

Here's a question for you all. My DH and I (and a couple friends) are considering taking a last minute trip to Las Vegas this weekend. We never do anything spontaneous, but (1) its hubby's birthday, (2) I just had my birthday and we didn't really get to celebrate, (3) it would be kinda like a last hurrah before we start IVF next cycle, and (4) I just got a bonus at work. If we go, I'm thinking about imbibing in a few coctails (how could you not in vegas?!?). Problem: The trip will be during my TWW (5-6 days after ovulation). Now I have not really drunk alcohol in the past 21 TWW's, except maybe a rare glass of wine, and it didn't do me a bit of good. Does this sound super irresponsible of me? Thoughts?

I dont think that is a problem, in my opinion, until you are officially prego (tested with 2 lines), there isnt any harm in drinking wine!

Hi everyone,

Hope you don't mind if I sneak into this thread! I'm going for AMH level on Tuesday (27th) so hoping to start down-reg in May. They say the AMH level takes 4-6 weeks to come back so will have to be patient waiting on it! Have never done an IVF cycle before so feel a bit lost. Still in a hige dilemma about how many embryos to transfer. Doc highly recommends one but I know they are pressured to keep the rate of multiples low. Aaaaggh! What to do! Any advice???

Ali :)

PS That stupid ticker thing is wrong - Not day 6 of a 31 day cycle - frustratingly day 37 of a "31 day cycle"!!

Welcom Ali :wave: The more the merrier! You're not alone in the newbie to IVF department this will be a first for many of us. My clinic also tries to push for one transfer especially for anyone under 35. They only will do a max of two for anyone over 35. I'm pushing for two since I'm 36. I would love to have :twingirls: but I'd be happy with just having one. Here's a link I watched from another blog that gives some info about how many embryos. It's pretty informative but a bit outdated.

https://www.regionalfertilityprogram.ca/intro.php

Well ladies hubby surprised me the other day when we were talking. With all his traveling he builds up flyer miles very quickly. I guess he has been saving them up because he used them all to get us tickets to Hawaii in September. We are in desperate need of a vacation so this will be very nice. I just keep thinking that I will either be a little bit pregnant or very sad that our IVF didn't take. Either way it will be a wonderful time to get away.

Wow Mrs C that is a great surprise! It will be a great way to celebrate your :bfp: and relax while the little bean is baking.

Hi All, How are you today? Hope you had a great weekend! So AF arrived today full force, so I am calling in my day 1 right now. I am not upset about it though, because this cycle we will do IUI with injectables (which I think will be a wash because of our morph and endo issue) but then onto IVF! So after this upcoming cycle, we start the estradil, etc, then IVF in late May I think (which is when the next period will be done!). I cant wait!

Congrats Jchic! Try and remain positive the IUI could lead to your :bfp: You sound like you have a great RE and I'm sure she wouldn't have you try it if she didn't feel there was a good chance for success.

Also ladies, I posted a new blog...check it out!!

Count me in, I enjoy stalking peoples blogs. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow.

Hi Ladies! I just caught up with all the postings. I love reading them because I feel like we are all in such similar boats...just waiting to get the ball rolling and hoping for a miracle in the meantime.

Here's a question for you all. My DH and I (and a couple friends) are considering taking a last minute trip to Las Vegas this weekend. We never do anything spontaneous, but (1) its hubby's birthday, (2) I just had my birthday and we didn't really get to celebrate, (3) it would be kinda like a last hurrah before we start IVF next cycle, and (4) I just got a bonus at work. If we go, I'm thinking about imbibing in a few coctails (how could you not in vegas?!?). Problem: The trip will be during my TWW (5-6 days after ovulation). Now I have not really drunk alcohol in the past 21 TWW's, except maybe a rare glass of wine, and it didn't do me a bit of good. Does this sound super irresponsible of me? Thoughts?

Yeah Vegas Baby! I'm heading there this weekend too! As to the 2ww I don't think there is any evidence to support that drinking that early into a pregnancy can do any harm. I have passed on drinking for many events because of the 2ww and have come to the realization that I can't live like that. I couldn't even tell you the last time I had a drink, probably a couple years. Two years of not drinking while TTC hasn't resulted in a baby so I plan on kicking back in Vegas myself and having a good time. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, right?! However I'm not going to be on my 2ww, actually it will be my fertile time, fingers crossed that :sex: and Vegas = :baby: Hope you have a great weekend you deserve to have fun!

Jchic I'm glad that you will be able to start your IUI soon. When do the meds start? I always did unmedicated IUI's so I'm not familiar with all the meds for IUI's.

haj everything will go great tomorrow and fx you leave there feeling much relief. (auto correct put you as ham again :haha: I caught it just a second ago though)

smile I'm glad you are still hanging around. Any plans before you start IVF?

s08 I think you should go and enjoy your weekend! Many of us have sat out of drinking of any kind during the 2ww and it never did any good. I believe you will be fine and if you do end up getting your BFP at the end of the wait everything will be fine with your little one. Nothing starts passing to the LO in the 2ww anyways. I agree with Jenn about everything she said. You deserve to have a good time so go and enjoy yourself! Who knows it could be your last vacation for a while. :)

Hi Ladies,

Sorry been MIA!! Been a crazy few days!

Yayyy to all the newbies welcome!!

MrsC8776 - wow thats a great surprise!! hopefully you will also be celebrating your pregnancy in Hawaii!

AFM - when i done my HSG the results showed that everything was ok except for a possibly very small uterine polyp or synchiea?? My previous FS said that it was nothing to worry about, but the new FS has decided that it might be a good idea that before we go spend money on IVF and it fails, its better we have a diagonostic hysterscopy done to see what it is and if there is anything it can then be cleared up and have time to heal before our scheduled IVF in July. So I am off tomorrow to the FS's office ?to have a talk about what the procedure entails, date of procedure etc

Has anyone else gone through a hysteroscopy? what was your experience?

Hey ladies! Wait what is going on over here? We have Mrs. headed to Hawaii, Jenn and S08 headed to Vegas, I mean, I want a vacation too! I am jealous girls but super happy you get a break and get to relax a bit. Enjoy every single happy vacationed and tanned moment!

Haj, Blue, Daisy's - whats cookin?

AFM - CD2 today and go in for b/w and scan tomorrow. If all looks good, I can start my injections for my back to back IUI's! WOOHOO! Then onto IVF!

Hi ladies....well tonights the night. I have a 6:30 appt with the RE to discuss all of our blood work from the past month and hopefully at that point when can figure out when we're getting started on IVF. Does anyone know if thats the protocol. After you get your original testing for blood work back is the next step to start planning IVF? I'm so nervous!!

Hi Haj! usually they put you on meds 1/2 through your cycle, then the cycle after that you start the injections and stuff for IVF. Where are you in your cycle?

Hi Haj! usually they put you on meds 1/2 through your cycle, then the cycle after that you start the injections and stuff for IVF. Where are you in your cycle?

I'm actually supposed to get my period tomorrow. So if we did it now they would put me on medicine half way throught this cycle and then the cycle for aprils period I woul start IVF...or would it not be until May's period?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back