IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Kelly :wave: I guess they don't do it that way, because they aren't blasts - so they have to wait for 4/5 days to see how well they develop. Even if they unthaw well, there is still no guarantee that they will continue to develop... I don't really know :)

oh and bubu each clinic has a different thaw rate so ask what you clinics is, my clinic has a 90% thaw rate so that might affect your decision as well.

Thats bizarr cause my embies were 3 day old embies but I did another 3 day transfer with mine for my FET so they didn't let them grow to 5 day, but I can see why they do that now and yes definitely ask about the thaw rate!

oh dear this just hit me...im freaking tired of waiting! i think its because my collection was supossed to be fairly soon, after that was delayed a couple of months d/t the clinic not doing ivf in june..then stupid surgery put me out until september....just looked at my timer i have set...67 more days...this is going to be a long wait now! i have all my meds; everytime i open the fridge its in there as a reminder. i spent the day with my 2 year old nephew. we were at the pool and it made me realize how bad i really want this.. i see fs tomorrow. i hopefully start bcp in about 20 days. sorry for the rant :)

bubu my clinic thaws only what they need, why can't your clinic do that? So for example when we did our FET they took 2 embies out, if they unthawed well then they don't take anymore, if both didn't survive then they'd go to the next two if only one made it they would just take 1 more out and thaw it till they had two good embies. Sorry about the bfn.

Atma thats great news! I wish my clinic would let me have 2 at day 5. Pisses me off that they won't just cause I'm under 30.

Hi Kelly! I understand why they do that with ur age. I am 39 and even with two blasts on day 5, chances are not that high. I hope all goes well and all ur prayers and wishes are very encouraging. I am trying to stay positive and leave the rest to God. I wish i had an ivf in my late twenties.

MoBaby :hugs: Get it off your chest Honey, ranting does help :hugs:

Betty yay for bfp,

atma 11 is great! I hope we get as many on thursday, we're still pretty close in our dates! Hopefully we'll be bump buddies soon :)

They pushed me back because essentially my first 3 days of stims did nothing. So now i have FINALLY TRIGGERED!!!!!!!!! 34 minutes ago lol. I go in for 930 on thursday, and I can officially start poas to see when the trigger leaves my body, then once it's neg I'm not poas still 14dpo, providing I can make it that long.

You ladies have been to great and supportive so huge thanks to you, the dreaded and longest feeling tww is still to come. and I have to make it through collection.

That's great Kelly I am so glad they worked it out. Best of luck with you ER tomorrow!!!

Kelly - good luck :)

AFM - the second blood test today was clearly negative.
I have already rung the clinic and the doctor will call me back to discuss how to proceed. We have some :cold: - I don't know if we can move right on with the next cycle, but I guess he will tell me...

Awe Bubumaci I'm so sorry to hear about this. I hope you get some good news and can do your FET soon.

Thank you so much everyone, it's so lovely to have you share in my excitement when it's too early to tell anyone in real life (apart from my DH and best friend!) I am starting to worry that it's a false positive, I don't think it is but I'm too scared to hope/believe this could really be it.

Jenn I am going to test again tomorrow and on Saturday! I had to buy a new three-pack of tests tonight in readiness. :)

Good luck to all the girls just about to start their IVF cycle, such an exciting time. I wish you all the very best for the weeks ahead.

Atma 11 eggs is a great result, I'm so pleased for you.

Good luck Kelly!

LOL!! You go girl!!! I bet my 20 were cheaper, lets just hope they work. I was a bit skeptical because they were so cheap but I read a bunch of reviews and they were all good.

Bubumaci - so sorry for bfn! But hey, u r already looking fwd and thats the way to go! Am sure it will be great with fet. My suggestion would be to thaw all six, but i understand ur dilemma on backup. Good luck!

Kelly - great,hope all goes well on Thu. Our dates are so close and we can be bump buddies.

Afm - nurse called to say that 8 of 11 mature and 5 fertilized. So we have 5 embryos now and transfer scheduled either for friday or sunday. If friday, we have asked for 3 and if sunday then 2.

That's great news hopefully you will have some frosties. Congrats only a few more days to go!!

oh dear this just hit me...im freaking tired of waiting! i think its because my collection was supossed to be fairly soon, after that was delayed a couple of months d/t the clinic not doing ivf in june..then stupid surgery put me out until september....just looked at my timer i have set...67 more days...this is going to be a long wait now! i have all my meds; everytime i open the fridge its in there as a reminder. i spent the day with my 2 year old nephew. we were at the pool and it made me realize how bad i really want this.. i see fs tomorrow. i hopefully start bcp in about 20 days. sorry for the rant :)

Awe Mobaby I totally know how you are feeling :hugs: Your time will come, September will be here in no time.

Hi Tella :wave:
Well, ER was on the 20th, and on the 21st they said that they had fertilised 11 of the 12 mature eggs and had frozen 6 of those. So I guess day 1? In Germany, they only freeze blasts (for legal reasons) as an exception.

FET is appealing, because I don't have to go through all that hormonal "poisoning" and the operation. And your advice is sound - the doctor originally was saying 3, then I asked about the chances and he said we could do all 6 (and if there were more than 2 blast for transfer, we could re-freeze). I asked him what he would advise and he said, we can do either and it's our decision... :(

I guess I do just need to get a bit of distance from it - thank you :hugs:

I personally would then thaw all 6 to ensure i have atleast 2 blasts to transfer. And if there is more blasts left you can freeze them.

:hugs: This is a very hard journey and sometimes i wish the FS would just give us grounded advise instead of telling us its up to you to decide :dohh: If it was my choice i was pregnant naturally :haha:

:hugs::hugs::hugs: Soon you will be in the single digits and it will all be worth it when you get that wonderful forever bfp:thumbup:

AFM > Still just chilling, but murphy is sneaky. The week i dont want to work, i get all these urgent requests :dohh:

I personally would then thaw all 6 to ensure i have atleast 2 blasts to transfer. And if there is more blasts left you can freeze them.

:hugs: This is a very hard journey and sometimes i wish the FS would just give us grounded advise instead of telling us its up to you to decide :dohh: If it was my choice i was pregnant naturally :haha:

Amen to the getting pregnant naturally!
I think I need to find out about the general survival rate of the thaws at the clinic. If they are fairly high (like 90%), then perhaps I would risk doing just three - and if they are lower, then, I guess you are right - maximising our chances would be more sensible... Split minds... so annoying!

And I definitely am going to try and get some advice out of the doctor! They are not just there to organise the medication and leave everything else up to us - they should be there to guide and advise - I mean, they know their job, they know the statistics. I find it frustrating, that I had to come up with asking about maximising chances and what our options are (he had just said, they would thaw three) ... Such an emotional and trying time, and then not even getting guidance... bit cheap really (especially considering what we are forking out for it all!!)

:hugs:

Good luck bubumaci, there is such a lot to think about. It's a wonder our brains don't explode!

Mobaby the waiting - at all stages of IVF - is one of the hardest parts I think. It feels like it will never happen but it will, hang in there.

Thanks for all the encouragement girls, I POAS again today and got a fright because the line was the same or even a bit lighter than Tuesday's test :( So I went to my GP and had a blood test - I get the results tomorrow. Please cross your fingers for a decent HCG result, I'm so worried now!

Amen to the getting pregnant naturally!
I think I need to find out about the general survival rate of the thaws at the clinic. If they are fairly high (like 90%), then perhaps I would risk doing just three - and if they are lower, then, I guess you are right - maximising our chances would be more sensible... Split minds... so annoying!

And I definitely am going to try and get some advice out of the doctor! They are not just there to organise the medication and leave everything else up to us - they should be there to guide and advise - I mean, they know their job, they know the statistics. I find it frustrating, that I had to come up with asking about maximising chances and what our options are (he had just said, they would thaw three) ... Such an emotional and trying time, and then not even getting guidance... bit cheap really (especially considering what we are forking out for it all!!)

:hugs:

GL girl :hugs:

Good luck bubumaci, there is such a lot to think about. It's a wonder our brains don't explode!

Mobaby the waiting - at all stages of IVF - is one of the hardest parts I think. It feels like it will never happen but it will, hang in there.

Thanks for all the encouragement girls, I POAS again today and got a fright because the line was the same or even a bit lighter than Tuesday's test :( So I went to my GP and had a blood test - I get the results tomorrow. Please cross your fingers for a decent HCG result, I'm so worried now!

Fx'd for a nice beta results tomorrow :hugs: Just remember your pee could have been more diluted than the other day.

Betty - fingers crossed. Try with fmu, sometimes those sticks are tricky. Hope u get a darker line tmrw. :hugs: Also, when is your beta? Will your clinic entertain an earlier hcg test?

I am FINALLY officially starting the IVF process!! Excited and very nervous at the same time.... I start my BCP today until the 25th of July.
Cycle buddies?

bubu- i find it frustrating too.. if youve ever tried to talk to someoen about investments it is the same.. damn it, im asking you cause i dont know. tell me what to do. but im sure they worry they will get sued etc. fingers crossed for you.

tella- sorry bout murphy sneaking up on you but ill tell ya, distraction helps. i sat in court for my whole tww.. bored to tears but.. certainly kept me from obsessing.

mobaby- itll feel like forever until suddenly it is already here and you are like.. how did that happen. it is crazy. i hate wishing time away. i love summer so im trying to temper my wish for time to speed up with enjoying the weather (but im in ca where it is a sensible temperature)

betty- dont keep testing. those tests are QUALITATIVE. ie positive or not. sure the line gets darker but.. how much darker it gets over a few days and whether it darkens or not in some part has to do with the test itself rather than a true change in hcg level. ive had 3 betas now but quite frankly i was happy after the two and didnt realize theyd even done the 3rd (i thought they were just testing progesterone). havent poas since the day of my 1st beta. you will just make yourself nuts. fingers crossed for a great beta

wantbaby- yay for starting. it seems forever then speeds up

afm- i got nothing. just crazy crazy tired. ate too much yesterday which was most uncomfortable. stomach is not happy today. got progesterone rechecked today (it was still high monday so they told me to stop supplementing and get rechecked today to see if i can stay without supplement, fingers crossed,).

I am FINALLY officially starting the IVF process!! Excited and very nervous at the same time.... I start my BCP today until the 25th of July.
Cycle buddies?

You got me :happydance:
I start BCP on the 8th..Wahoo for getting started!

~Angie

Cycle buddies?

You got me :happydance:
I start BCP on the 8th..Wahoo for getting started!

~Angie

Yay Angie!
It's great that we will be cycle buddies! All you ladies have been such a great medium of support!

14 eggs collected will find out tomorrow how many mature ad fert report. We'll def loose some to immaturity. I'm hoping for 10 tomorrow! Very sore must rest. Collection was painful! Wish they knocked us out at our clinic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"