IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never2Late: Good luck... injections are not too bad

Ashknowsbest: The same thing happened to me with the insurance.... hang in there! Maybe IUI will work for you! keep your head up

Wantbabysoon: Good luck... injections aren't too bad....I barely feel a thing

Michelle01- Good luck!! Hopefully time will fly :)

Southaspen: fingers crossed for a sticky egg!!

AFM: my gonal-f has been increased to 225 for the best several days..... ultrasound and bloodwork tomorrow.... nothing measureable on thursday.... Concerned if they up my gonal-f again i will run out of medication. Not sure what i will do at that point, but will cross that bridge when we get there....

For all the ladies with :bfp: how many embies did you transfer back?

Swepa good luck!

Kelly, OCP means oral contraception pill, same as BCP.

Ash your hubby has a great mind set you could very well be shocked with the results. Good luck.

Tccwithpcos thats lots of follies! Good luck.

Well I'm 10 days past TRIGGER (or 8dpo) and still getting positives on ic's, the one this morning was about the same as yesterdays, will continue to test and see what happens. It's fun peeing on sticks so I guess I can't complain.

Oh and to whomever mentioned not testing trigger out cause pee sticks were to expensive, I get mine on ebay 100 for 25 bucks! I usually get so many opks and so many hpts. It's really the way to go. I save my frer's for 12dpo and after usually.

Fx for you!!

Well 2 baby girls transferred this a.m. So glad we did the PGS. Out of the 9 they were able to test there were only 2 that were completely normal. The others would have either not worked or ended in miscarriage. We have two embryos that they couldn't test and have grown to blast so can be frozen. Got acupuncture done after as well. Now to wait. Anyone else have any vomiting a few days after retrieval? Not sure if its the progesterone, OHSS, or the antibiotic they had me take. RE office thought maybe OHSS, who knows! So excited!!!

Congrats on being PUPO with twins!! What is your OTD? Sorry that so many were not able to be frozen. It's good that you have two.

mammy~ Thank you!

Our test date is July 25!

Atena.... Very limited with prescriptions ....

Hmm decisions decisions... We don't want twins but only prefer to do this once

swep - oh i have aetna too ... but a different prescription plan through cvs caremark. I do love aetna but having to do 6 IUI's just seems crazy to me.

I'm with you. You would think they would skip 5 & 6, esp. since you and your doctor were ready to IVF.

Hi Ladies, TGIF!!!!

Hope all is well with everyone.

MrsC: Congrats on getting your official :bfp: great beta too! can't wait to hear what you get on Monday.

Haj: I saw that chalkboard on pintrest it is so cute. I checked out her blog she made that herself. Are you going to do that?

Chellesama: How are you feeling? Do you have any children of your own? I see this is your second surrogacy. I think it's great that you are doing this for these guys that can't do this on their own. It must be hard, that's a lot to go through.

Angie: How did your class today go? Not so bad is it.

Blue: How are you feeling?

Welcome Ksluice :hi: Good Luck!

Swepakepa: Good Luck tomorrow with your appointment, FX for good news.

Southaspen: Congrats on being PUPO :twingirls: I am still amazed in the testing that you can do. That is so interesting and I am excited for you to get your BFP! Rest up, hope you feel better.

Oneof: :yipee: on getting started again. I believe this cycle will give you your BFP!! I think your doctor sounds like he knows what he is doing.

Ash: So sorry to hear about your insurance issues. When I was debating my options my RE said I could do 6 IUI's and have the same likelihood of BFP as 1 IVF. So if that's the same for you odds are you will get your BFP this time or next. You should stick with this group it's about TTC not just IVF we will all support you through this too.

Wantababy: Good luck on Tuesday, I just had mine last week. It was very informative. They also gave us a video explaining everything which I watched before doing my first injection.

Michelle: One month will fly by and you'll be PUPO soon after. :happydance:

Babyonmyown: Good luck on Sunday hopefully you will get to trigger that night.

Tella: Great to hear your results are improving, I hope August brings you great news.

TTCwithPCOS: Good luck on Monday I hope you get a ER date, I can imagine it is uncomfortable having so many follicles that are growing. My nurse indicated that our ovaries can go from the size of walnuts to baseballs through IVF. Crazy :wacko:

Kelly: I bet the line is lingering because you are pregnant. When is your test with your clinic? I know you said they don't do betas, that's too bad. So do you hope to move back home one day?

AFM: So I did my first injection last night. It was harder then I expected. My protocol is 2 vials of Bravelle and 2 vials of Menopur all mixed together. The first part was easy, drawing up 1ml of solution and mixing it with the first vial of Bravelle. Where I found it to get hard was drawing it up and continuing to mix it with the other three vials. Little bits of liquid kept escaping each time :dohh: and by the end I had only about 3/4 of what I started with. I found it so stressful because I kept thinking it won't work if I don't capture all of it. Argh! :growlmad: I'm determined to do a better job of it tonight. Any of you not so novice ladies have any tips? :help:

Other then that it didn't hurt at all, weird since it did in my injection class.

Jenn, when you are drawing the liquid back up into the syringe, make sure the bottle is slightly tilted and that you have the opening of the needle facing the side of the bottle. Also, you can shoot the liquid back in and try again if you don't get it all the first time.

AFM, I'm feeling kind of discouraged today. I had bloodwork and my progesterone is only 18.6. My RE has upped my PIO to 2ml a day - ugh. Like 1ml wasn't bad enough! And they told me that none of my other embies were frozen - I was really hoping at least two of them would make it. I'm so disappointed and worried that this isn't going to work. This whole process is just a stressful, frustrating experience!!

Jenn, when you are drawing the liquid back up into the syringe, make sure the bottle is slightly tilted and that you have the opening of the needle facing the side of the bottle. Also, you can shoot the liquid back in and try again if you don't get it all the first time.

AFM, I'm feeling kind of discouraged today. I had bloodwork and my progesterone is only 18.6. My RE has upped my PIO to 2ml a day - ugh. Like 1ml wasn't bad enough! And they told me that none of my other embies were frozen - I was really hoping at least two of them would make it. I'm so disappointed and worried that this isn't going to work. This whole process is just a stressful, frustrating experience!!

Thanks for the info I'll try that tonight. :hugs: Sorry to hear they didn't make it to freezing. I'm not looking forward to the progesterone either. I really hope the extra dose will get your levels where they want them. You had three great embryo's transferred and they probably just need more to develop. FX that you get your BFP.

azlissie the embryo on the bottom right is that a morula? It looks very cool! The other two looks like pretty flowers :)

Jen yes we hope to go home, we're actually moving to the northwest territories shortly for a few years so we'll be guaranteed a spot back home after. I'm thinking it's still lingering cause I'm pregnant to, not getting my hopes up till I see 2 frers with the second having a darker line. I did a frer tonight so will do one tomorrow to see. I'm hoping it's darker I don't think I could stand waiting another whole day to know and get excited. I've got some promising symptoms, very sore boobs, cramps and twinges still, sore throat. I'm excited to pee on my stick tomorrow. Just a little weary cause of how early I am and the trigger of course.

azlissie the embryo on the bottom right is that a morula? It looks very cool! The other two looks like pretty flowers :)

Jen yes we hope to go home, we're actually moving to the northwest territories shortly for a few years so we'll be guaranteed a spot back home after. I'm thinking it's still lingering cause I'm pregnant to, not getting my hopes up till I see 2 frers with the second having a darker line. I did a frer tonight so will do one tomorrow to see. I'm hoping it's darker I don't think I could stand waiting another whole day to know and get excited. I've got some promising symptoms, very sore boobs, cramps and twinges still, sore throat. I'm excited to pee on my stick tomorrow. Just a little weary cause of how early I am and the trigger of course.

Wow NWT that's exciting. I had a friend move there for awhile. Such a different experience from here. She had to ride snowmobiles to get to town and there were no roads there and it was either always daylight or always dark. She said it could get depressing at times but such a great experience. Great that it guarantees you being able to go home.

Good luck with your test tomorrow. FX for a darker line.

I have Cvs caremark as well.... I have an 8 fill lifetime limit of specialty medication and after the iuis (paid for first 3 out of Pocket) and 4,5,6 and this IVF I'm at 6 fills..... So stupid.... If I need iui or IVF in future I'm screwed

We won't be so far north but we're fly in access only with snowmobiles though there are cars, the village is only about 300 people so when it comes time to have more babies I'll have to leave and head back to NS at 34 weeks which is fine by me. We're excited just need to sell our house in this crappy market :(

I have Cvs caremark as well.... I have an 8 fill lifetime limit of specialty medication and after the iuis (paid for first 3 out of Pocket) and 4,5,6 and this IVF I'm at 6 fills..... So stupid.... If I need iui or IVF in future I'm screwed

I'm not sure what my limits are ... I understood before that I didn't have any but maybe that's not the case ... I don't know if this is a confusing question for you .. but what do you do for work and where do you live because my aetna insurance follows NJ state mandate .. that's for CVS caremark too and I know that it's different per state ... ?

Oh and if you don't mind me asking what was your infertility diagnosis ... ? Unexplained infertility or is there something specific?

Jenn, that was me with the meds and my DH was away the entire time I was stimming last cycle. I called him crying once that my meds aren't working because I'm spilling it all. My friend who did IVF calmed me by telling me that I was getting my meds, so don't worry. You'll be fine!!

Hi MrsC, congratulations!

Yes they are concerned & my bloods come back a little higher than normal but started me on cetrotied today & lowered my gonal f to 75 so hopefully I won't OHSS.
Is there anything I can do to make sure I don't OHSS??
Thank you, I hope everything goes well for you x x

Thank you! I think there are a few things you can do to avoid it or at least help with it. I've heard that gatorade and drinks like that can help. It might be something you have to look into though.

Southaspen-2 little girl embies! I think it's awesome that both you and Daisy already know the sex!! Praying for sticky beans!

Kelly, I think this maybe your BFP!

Ash, that sux about your insurance but I also think your OH might be on 2 something and that perhaps you won't need IVF. Praying that the IUI works.

Afm, I went to my follow up appt today and I'm now doing OCP lupron protocol. I start my BCP today and start lupron on 7/29. My doctor said that he definitely thinks my last cancellation was because of the EPP. I pray this is the correct protocol for me. I'm nervous about being suppressed too much but my doctor thinks otherwise. I guess we shall see.

Fx for you!

Never2Late: Good luck... injections are not too bad

Ashknowsbest: The same thing happened to me with the insurance.... hang in there! Maybe IUI will work for you! keep your head up

Wantbabysoon: Good luck... injections aren't too bad....I barely feel a thing

Michelle01- Good luck!! Hopefully time will fly :)

Southaspen: fingers crossed for a sticky egg!!

AFM: my gonal-f has been increased to 225 for the best several days..... ultrasound and bloodwork tomorrow.... nothing measureable on thursday.... Concerned if they up my gonal-f again i will run out of medication. Not sure what i will do at that point, but will cross that bridge when we get there....

For all the ladies with :bfp: how many embies did you transfer back?

Good luck tomorrow! I think on the front page I have left how many people have put back and got bfp's.

Hi Ladies, TGIF!!!!

Hope all is well with everyone.

MrsC: Congrats on getting your official :bfp: great beta too! can't wait to hear what you get on Monday.

Haj: I saw that chalkboard on pintrest it is so cute. I checked out her blog she made that herself. Are you going to do that?

Chellesama: How are you feeling? Do you have any children of your own? I see this is your second surrogacy. I think it's great that you are doing this for these guys that can't do this on their own. It must be hard, that's a lot to go through.

Angie: How did your class today go? Not so bad is it.

Blue: How are you feeling?

Welcome Ksluice :hi: Good Luck!

Swepakepa: Good Luck tomorrow with your appointment, FX for good news.

Southaspen: Congrats on being PUPO :twingirls: I am still amazed in the testing that you can do. That is so interesting and I am excited for you to get your BFP! Rest up, hope you feel better.

Oneof: :yipee: on getting started again. I believe this cycle will give you your BFP!! I think your doctor sounds like he knows what he is doing.

Ash: So sorry to hear about your insurance issues. When I was debating my options my RE said I could do 6 IUI's and have the same likelihood of BFP as 1 IVF. So if that's the same for you odds are you will get your BFP this time or next. You should stick with this group it's about TTC not just IVF we will all support you through this too.

Wantababy: Good luck on Tuesday, I just had mine last week. It was very informative. They also gave us a video explaining everything which I watched before doing my first injection.

Michelle: One month will fly by and you'll be PUPO soon after. :happydance:

Babyonmyown: Good luck on Sunday hopefully you will get to trigger that night.

Tella: Great to hear your results are improving, I hope August brings you great news.

TTCwithPCOS: Good luck on Monday I hope you get a ER date, I can imagine it is uncomfortable having so many follicles that are growing. My nurse indicated that our ovaries can go from the size of walnuts to baseballs through IVF. Crazy :wacko:

Kelly: I bet the line is lingering because you are pregnant. When is your test with your clinic? I know you said they don't do betas, that's too bad. So do you hope to move back home one day?

AFM: So I did my first injection last night. It was harder then I expected. My protocol is 2 vials of Bravelle and 2 vials of Menopur all mixed together. The first part was easy, drawing up 1ml of solution and mixing it with the first vial of Bravelle. Where I found it to get hard was drawing it up and continuing to mix it with the other three vials. Little bits of liquid kept escaping each time :dohh: and by the end I had only about 3/4 of what I started with. I found it so stressful because I kept thinking it won't work if I don't capture all of it. Argh! :growlmad: I'm determined to do a better job of it tonight. Any of you not so novice ladies have any tips? :help:

Other then that it didn't hurt at all, weird since it did in my injection class.

Sorry to hear that you are having troubles with the injections. I hope some of the ladies here can help you out with some ideas.

I'm sorry you are feeling discouraged. Try to stay positive. I know its hard but it does help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"