IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moments of positivity and negativity come and go a lot through an IVF cycle so hang in there, I know the positive days go by faster and the negative ones we dwell, an assisted conception tww is way HARDER then a regular cycle.

Do you have a journal mrsc?

I don't have a journal... I've been asked that quite a few times. I always wonder if my life is interesting enough to have one. :haha:

Hi Ladies, TGIF!!!!

Hope all is well with everyone.

MrsC: Congrats on getting your official :bfp: great beta too! can't wait to hear what you get on Monday.

Haj: I saw that chalkboard on pintrest it is so cute. I checked out her blog she made that herself. Are you going to do that?

Chellesama: How are you feeling? Do you have any children of your own? I see this is your second surrogacy. I think it's great that you are doing this for these guys that can't do this on their own. It must be hard, that's a lot to go through.

Angie: How did your class today go? Not so bad is it.

Blue: How are you feeling?

Welcome Ksluice :hi: Good Luck!

Swepakepa: Good Luck tomorrow with your appointment, FX for good news.

Southaspen: Congrats on being PUPO :twingirls: I am still amazed in the testing that you can do. That is so interesting and I am excited for you to get your BFP! Rest up, hope you feel better.

Oneof: :yipee: on getting started again. I believe this cycle will give you your BFP!! I think your doctor sounds like he knows what he is doing.

Ash: So sorry to hear about your insurance issues. When I was debating my options my RE said I could do 6 IUI's and have the same likelihood of BFP as 1 IVF. So if that's the same for you odds are you will get your BFP this time or next. You should stick with this group it's about TTC not just IVF we will all support you through this too.

Wantababy: Good luck on Tuesday, I just had mine last week. It was very informative. They also gave us a video explaining everything which I watched before doing my first injection.

Michelle: One month will fly by and you'll be PUPO soon after. :happydance:

Babyonmyown: Good luck on Sunday hopefully you will get to trigger that night.

Tella: Great to hear your results are improving, I hope August brings you great news.

TTCwithPCOS: Good luck on Monday I hope you get a ER date, I can imagine it is uncomfortable having so many follicles that are growing. My nurse indicated that our ovaries can go from the size of walnuts to baseballs through IVF. Crazy :wacko:

Kelly: I bet the line is lingering because you are pregnant. When is your test with your clinic? I know you said they don't do betas, that's too bad. So do you hope to move back home one day?

AFM: So I did my first injection last night. It was harder then I expected. My protocol is 2 vials of Bravelle and 2 vials of Menopur all mixed together. The first part was easy, drawing up 1ml of solution and mixing it with the first vial of Bravelle. Where I found it to get hard was drawing it up and continuing to mix it with the other three vials. Little bits of liquid kept escaping each time :dohh: and by the end I had only about 3/4 of what I started with. I found it so stressful because I kept thinking it won't work if I don't capture all of it. Argh! :growlmad: I'm determined to do a better job of it tonight. Any of you not so novice ladies have any tips? :help:

Other then that it didn't hurt at all, weird since it did in my injection class.

Are you using the needle to draw up the med from each vial or those stupid q-caps? As a nurse I had never used those clear safety caps and when I tried with IVF meds I ended up in the same predicament you are in. Otherwise if you are just using a needle you have to watch where the pointy end is in the bottle and keep sucking it as you pull the needle closer out of the vial. Hope any of these ramblings help.

South - Congrats on being PUPO!! :dance: Are you going to test before the 25th?

OneOf - I hope this cycle goes really well for you with a lovely bfp at the end!

Jenn - sorry you had trouble with your meds. Hope it's easier tonight!

Azlissie - hang on in there :hugs:

Kelly - this is getting exciting! Looking forward to today's update! :dust:

Ash - so sorry your insurance company is causing troubles and that it's only being discovered now when you'd already invested yourself in this ivf cycle :hugs: So annoying that they get to overrule the FS... What makes them think they are more entitled to make this decision than the medical experts?!! :growlmad: At least you had only taken one shot of lupron and you can head straight into this IUI without more delays. Please don't feel like you have to leave just because you've changed over to IUI. :hugs:

South - Congrats on being PUPO!! :dance: Are you going to test before the 25th?

OneOf - I hope this cycle goes really well for you with a lovely bfp at the end!

Jenn - sorry you had trouble with your meds. Hope it's easier tonight!

Azlissie - hang on in there :hugs:

Kelly - this is getting exciting! Looking forward to today's update! :dust:

Ash - so sorry your insurance company is causing troubles and that it's only being discovered now when you'd already invested yourself in this ivf cycle :hugs: So annoying that they get to overrule the FS... What makes them think they are more entitled to make this decision than the medical experts?!! :growlmad: At least you had only taken one shot of lupron and you can head straight into this IUI without more delays. Please don't feel like you have to leave just because you've changed over to IUI. :hugs:

Thanks, Broody! As of right now I say I am not going to test but who knows how I will feel in a week. :haha: It's so hard to keep up with everyone's story on here. The only time I get to look is before bed on my phone. I feel bad not replying to everyone but in one day there can be 3 new pages. I want everyone to know that I do read everything and hope and pray for the best for everyone.:dust:

I have Cvs caremark as well.... I have an 8 fill lifetime limit of specialty medication and after the iuis (paid for first 3 out of Pocket) and 4,5,6 and this IVF I'm at 6 fills..... So stupid.... If I need iui or IVF in future I'm screwed

I'm not sure what my limits are ... I understood before that I didn't have any but maybe that's not the case ... I don't know if this is a confusing question for you .. but what do you do for work and where do you live because my aetna insurance follows NJ state mandate .. that's for CVS caremark too and I know that it's different per state ... ?

Oh and if you don't mind me asking what was your infertility diagnosis ... ? Unexplained infertility or is there something specific?

I am an occupational therapist and live in mass. But my insurance is through my husband. Crazy loop holes....it's complicated...

Unexplained... He's sperm are Excellet they are alway amazed with numbers and nothing seems to be wrong with me either

The Q caps were dumb I agree. Easier to do with a needle but you'd need extra needle caps since you don't want to poke yourself with a dull needle... not fun.

I'm exhausted! Sore boobs still, cramps and twinges and the odd back ache. All very good signs. Plus my trigger is still showing up and by trigger I mean who the heck knows. I've got pics of my tests in my journal, I think by tomorrow I will know for sure :)

MrsC if I'm interesting enough I'm sure you are.

Kelly, I checked out your pics in your journal and I think things are looking pretty promising! Best of luck for your tests over the next few days.

Thanks for the words of encouragement ladies! This whole process is so up and down, sometimes I feel like I'll get whiplash from my changing moods! This morning I'm feeling quite a bit better and more positive about this whole thing. I think it helped that I had a dream that I was taking pictures for my pregnancy announcement that I was going to mail out to everyone. So hopefully this good feeling will last!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

azlissie I love dreams like those. Are you having any possible symptoms or feeling different?

I'm with Kelly and aspen... Qcaps were lame. Used em once. You should be changin needles anyway. Thick one to draw up quick then thin one for
Injection

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:
The Q caps were dumb I agree. Easier to do with a needle but you'd need extra needle caps since you don't want to poke yourself with a dull needle... not fun.

I'm exhausted! Sore boobs still, cramps and twinges and the odd back ache. All very good signs. Plus my trigger is still showing up and by trigger I mean who the heck knows. I've got pics of my tests in my journal, I think by tomorrow I will know for sure :)

MrsC if I'm interesting enough I'm sure you are.
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

(surrounded you with dust.)

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:
Kelly, I checked out your pics in your journal and I think things are looking pretty promising! Best of luck for your tests over the next few days.

Thanks for the words of encouragement ladies! This whole process is so up and down, sometimes I feel like I'll get whiplash from my changing moods! This morning I'm feeling quite a bit better and more positive about this whole thing. I think it helped that I had a dream that I was taking pictures for my pregnancy announcement that I was going to mail out to everyone. So hopefully this good feeling will last!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

(you too :) )

Hi girls,

Hope your all ok today?
Well after being told yesterday I have 30 large follicles growing ranging from 10mm to 19mm. I'm feeling pretty bloated today & had 2 bottles of powerade zero just to keep on top of any excess water retention.
I hope I'm doing the right thing I'm worried OHSS but I'm not having symptoms to suggest I am.

This is our 2nd IVF but our first ICSI I'm excited coz I hope we will have a better chance this time. Does anyone have positive ICSI stories?

Thank you!!
X x x

Thanks for the positive vibes, ksluice! It really helps to know there are so many other women who are going through the process with me.

TTC, I'm afraid I have no experience with ICSI but I wanted to wish you good luck!

Kelly, I don't really have a lot of symptoms at this point. I've had some twinges & minor cramps since yesterday and my appetite is a little off, and my lower back hurts but that could be unrelated. I just wish I could throw up or something and get a really good sign!

I just need to vent alittle:

I have a dinner date with 2 couples..... i was told by my husband one of the couples are going to tell me they are about 5 weeks prego.... I freaked out... been upset all day.... They are semi close friends (were best friends but have drifted apart alittle).....

I don't know how i am going to get through dinner tonight......

Thanks for letting me vent....

TTC--Holy cow!! Of course you're bloated feeling!!! I don't have any advice for you but sending lots of good thoughts for tons of ER, Fert and ET success! Also 30 follicles is pretty awesome, and sounds very good for your chances!

Swep--UGH I hate that gritted teeth-forced smile feeling and I hate that fertility issues are so under the radar that people don't even think before they explode their good news all over you. Yuck. I'd probably play sick, but I'm not a very good person like that.

Swep- at least you got a heads up. Gives you time to compose yourself. Friends knew my gym instructor was pregnant and that I was trying an failing and no one told me. I must have looked like I was gonna puke on her shoes when she told me

Az- I'm 6wks 3 days. Only really been queasy once and that was after I took vitamins on an empty stomach. Only symptoms I had was being tired

They know all about my 3 year journey of TTC.... Oh well here we go Again..... Have a great night ladies!!

ttc I had icsi with my first cycle and got pregnant, we lost our daughter half way through but it was unrelated to the IVF so technically it's positive?

azlissi thats basically how I've been feeling! I doubt you'd throw up usually ms kicks in after the missed period, usually. I've had some teeth brushing gagging moments but thats it in terms of nausea.

swepa we all know how much that sucks and hurts. I hope it isn't as hard as you're expecting. My dh and I have friends who started ttc about the same time we did before we had our first, so it's been about 4 years since then and they're about 25 ish weeks pregnant just now but I couldn't even bare to look at my friend or really talk to her after loosing our girl, I was happy for them but it was just to hard to be able to express it or share it it hurt to much, and we don't live near them so we barely get to see them, so that kind of sucked to since it was like this huge elephant between us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"