IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheelesmama I am indeed one of 14, I am number 13. I completely understand I have lived with my sister and her 3 kids and felt like their mom. However, my situation was different, my sisters husband is around and helpful, but I totally felt I was their 2nd mother! I went to school plays, bathed them, made lunches and kissed their boo boos! I felt it did add more stress,on my life worrying about them constantly. Once I moved out and got married I wanted that feeling back of being a "mom". Unfortunately for me, I'm haing trouble and that is my newest stress in life. I do think of my sister kids as my own.

Hi Ladies, TGIF!!!!

Hope all is well with everyone.

MrsC: Congrats on getting your official :bfp: great beta too! can't wait to hear what you get on Monday.

Haj: I saw that chalkboard on pintrest it is so cute. I checked out her blog she made that herself. Are you going to do that?

Chellesama: How are you feeling? Do you have any children of your own? I see this is your second surrogacy. I think it's great that you are doing this for these guys that can't do this on their own. It must be hard, that's a lot to go through.

Angie: How did your class today go? Not so bad is it.

Blue: How are you feeling?

Welcome Ksluice :hi: Good Luck!

Swepakepa: Good Luck tomorrow with your appointment, FX for good news.

Southaspen: Congrats on being PUPO :twingirls: I am still amazed in the testing that you can do. That is so interesting and I am excited for you to get your BFP! Rest up, hope you feel better.

Oneof: :yipee: on getting started again. I believe this cycle will give you your BFP!! I think your doctor sounds like he knows what he is doing.

Ash: So sorry to hear about your insurance issues. When I was debating my options my RE said I could do 6 IUI's and have the same likelihood of BFP as 1 IVF. So if that's the same for you odds are you will get your BFP this time or next. You should stick with this group it's about TTC not just IVF we will all support you through this too.

Wantababy: Good luck on Tuesday, I just had mine last week. It was very informative. They also gave us a video explaining everything which I watched before doing my first injection.

Michelle: One month will fly by and you'll be PUPO soon after. :happydance:

Babyonmyown: Good luck on Sunday hopefully you will get to trigger that night.

Tella: Great to hear your results are improving, I hope August brings you great news.

TTCwithPCOS: Good luck on Monday I hope you get a ER date, I can imagine it is uncomfortable having so many follicles that are growing. My nurse indicated that our ovaries can go from the size of walnuts to baseballs through IVF. Crazy :wacko:

Kelly: I bet the line is lingering because you are pregnant. When is your test with your clinic? I know you said they don't do betas, that's too bad. So do you hope to move back home one day?

AFM: So I did my first injection last night. It was harder then I expected. My protocol is 2 vials of Bravelle and 2 vials of Menopur all mixed together. The first part was easy, drawing up 1ml of solution and mixing it with the first vial of Bravelle. Where I found it to get hard was drawing it up and continuing to mix it with the other three vials. Little bits of liquid kept escaping each time :dohh: and by the end I had only about 3/4 of what I started with. I found it so stressful because I kept thinking it won't work if I don't capture all of it. Argh! :growlmad: I'm determined to do a better job of it tonight. Any of you not so novice ladies have any tips? :help:

Other then that it didn't hurt at all, weird since it did in my injection class.

I didn't see her blog, ill have to check it out!

cheelesmama that not hurtful at all, I'll admit a little confusing for me to follow first thing in the morning :) but still you fit here with us.

Ladies I am very happy to say that I got my true :bfp: this morning, as I suspected my trigger never left but now my test lines are dark enough from the squinters I was getting to feel comfortable saying it. I got my first true (just didn't believe it) positive on friday the 13th, the 6 months anniversary of the loss of our daughter, maybe Hannah was looking out for me after all. :cry:

OMG Congrats!!! I just started tearing up reading this:baby::baby::baby:

Kelly, congrats!! I'm so excited for you - your tests look great. H & H 9 months :flower:

Chell, that was a very interesting story! I think it's great that you are helping these couples - being a surrogate is such a huge commitment.

AFM, haven't tested yet. I'm going out of town Monday through Thursday and there's part of me that doesn't want to test while I'm away from home at a work conference, so I might just wait until Friday. We'll see.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Good luck with your second beta tomorrow, MrsC!

Ha ha Hopeful isn't that what our hubbies are for during this process, to take the brunt of our over-active hormones. Glad to hear you are feeling well. You may be blessed with no morning sickness.

Southaspen: Me being a newbie to this whole thing I have nothing to compare it to so I am certain you guys are right with the Q-Cap thing. I'm going to ask my clinic tomorrow about additional needles to try it without. I feel that I improved with the amount of meds that leaked out my second and third night, but I'm still quite the rookie and seemly screwing up each injection. I am praying that tomorrow will bring good news with my scan and I can stop stressing over these injections. Thanks for the support.

Chellesama: Thanks for sharing your story, sorry to be so nosy I'm just really interested in all things fertility. In Canada it is illegal to pay for anything fertility related (eggs, sperm, etc) so that makes it hard for people that can't do IVF with their own sperm and eggs. Now there are sperm clinics that you can get sperm from but I don't know how that works money wise. I worry that my eggs won't be good enough and then I'll have no options. Just me being paranoid, but it does make me think about those that don't have options and what they can do. I really do admire you for helping people out like this. It is a huge thing to go through and put your body through for someone else. And you definitely belong in this form since you are going through what we are.

Kelly: :happydance: Congrats on the BFP!!!! I'm so happy for you. So does this mean you will be having this one at the IWK? You didn't indicate when you were moving, I don't think. I'm sure you are aware already that the IWK is a fantastic hospital.

MrsC: Can't wait to hear your number tomorrow, good luck!

Azlissie: Hope you have a nice trip, hopefully it will help pass the time until you get to test. Good luck and FX for you to get your BFP!

MrsC, I've just seen you've got a :bfp: congratulations! That's fab news xxx

Kelly :) all that worry about your one blast :) Huge congratulations! :hugs:

I'm hoping to have tulip at the IWK/Grace, we should have moved by then but who knows. Keeping my fingers crossed now that we sell our house!

Thanks for all the congrats ladies, I hope to hear of more bfps to come.

I just need to vent alittle:

I have a dinner date with 2 couples..... i was told by my husband one of the couples are going to tell me they are about 5 weeks prego.... I freaked out... been upset all day.... They are semi close friends (were best friends but have drifted apart alittle).....

I don't know how i am going to get through dinner tonight......

Thanks for letting me vent....

Hi Swepakepa,

I have been in your situation on several occasions and I'm sorry to tell you it doesn't get any easier. But all you can do is be strong & calm, very recently we found out that both our brothers & their wives are pg it's been one of my worst responses.

The only positive thing I can say is when you have a baby, your baby will be very special & you will appreciate your baby more than anyone who hasn't been through what you are going through.

It's been 3 & a half years for us & we all know how you feel here, big hugz x x x

Hi Ladies,

Thank you so much for all of your support & replies!

I did have this many last time & I got a positive but lost our baby after only 1 week :(
We hope this time with ICSI it will allow us to get an either better result & hopefully carry full term. I go back tomorrow morning & hopefully I will get the go ahead to trigger & ER on Wednesday! :) Fingers crossed!

Congratulations Kelly x

Thank you to everyone again x x

Hi all, I will apologize now for not responding to everyone personally. My Internet is down and I've only got my phone. I've been keeping up with everyone's news but haven't been posting.

I went for my day 8 us and blood work. The nurse just called and I am supposed to do the hcg shot tonight at 8 then egg retrieval Tuesday at 8AM. I'm a little nervous about the hcg shot because all the other shots I've been doing are in the belly and it's easy to see and reach. This one is in the butt and not so easy to reach. Has anyone done this on their own? How did you manage?

Thank you!

Good luck Baby - my trigger was in my tummy, so I can't give you any advice.. Does it really have to be in your butt? I shouldn't think it makes a difference, just as long as you give yourself the shot? Good luck :)

Hi all, I will apologize now for not responding to everyone personally. My Internet is down and I've only got my phone. I've been keeping up with everyone's news but haven't been posting.

I went for my day 8 us and blood work. The nurse just called and I am supposed to do the hcg shot tonight at 8 then egg retrieval Tuesday at 8AM. I'm a little nervous about the hcg shot because all the other shots I've been doing are in the belly and it's easy to see and reach. This one is in the butt and not so easy to reach. Has anyone done this on their own? How did you manage?

Thank you!

At my teaching, they mentioned that if necessary to do it yourself, it's possible to do the trigger in your thigh. Can you call your clinic?

My trigger was with ovidrel, and I did it in my tummy.

You could try calling your clinic or try calling the pharmacy for advice. If it really needs to be in your butt, do you know anyone who can help you?

Once I start PIO shots, I may need to rely on one of my friends from here to give me my PIO shot when DH is away.

Congrats Kelly!!! I am so happy for you :happydance:

Good luck tomorrow MrsC!

Well... ET was today.. The actual transfer went great ad we got two embryos in..
It was a very emotional day for me.. My clinic chose to do a 5 day transfer bc I had 8 perfect quality embryos.. Well 5 mins before they take me to the operating room for the transfer, the Embryologists came in to show me Which embryos she picked and why.. Well she practically said I didn't have any great quality embryos and they weren't were they really wanted them to be but they have seen many ppl get pregnant from that quality and worse. They grade them on a scale from 1-4 With 1 being completely perfect, 2- bring above average 3 being a little below Average and 4 just bad--- well they graded mine at a 3 and I guess I just didn't expect that.. This is our first IVF cycle and we are using ICSI due to blockage with my hubby.. Since we started.. Everything has went perfect.. My body responded very well to the meds, I had 36 follicles growing-- we retrieved 13 eggs- fertilized 11 with ICSI and then 8 were doing so good they wanted to wait til day 5 to make sure they pick the best...

I'm just a little unsure and don't understand..

I go next Tuesday the 24th for beta preg test..

Should I hpt early?? Looks like I could do that by Thursday/Friday this week..

babyonmyown, sounds like you got an intramuscular injection for hcg where as most of us do it subq in the fatty tissue, you should be able to do it in your thigh if you can't find someone else to give it to you in your butt cheek but I'd call the clinic to confirm, maybe even ask if you can just do it subq? My pharmacist said either or but subq is def easier, what brand of HCG do you have? Ovidrel or HGC 10,000 units?

SHorty I don't know much about situations like that but I've known others with not great embies get pregnant so it's possible. Do you know if your trigger is out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"