IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
SHorty I don't know much about situations like that but I've known others with not great embies get pregnant so it's possible. Do you know if your trigger is out yet?

I took my trigger on the 8th so I think the trigger will be out around Thursday..

babyonmyown, sounds like you got an intramuscular injection for hcg where as most of us do it subq in the fatty tissue, you should be able to do it in your thigh if you can't find someone else to give it to you in your butt cheek but I'd call the clinic to confirm, maybe even ask if you can just do it subq? My pharmacist said either or but subq is def easier, what brand of HCG do you have? Ovidrel or HGC 10,000 units?

I have HCG 10,000 units. I used ovidrel for my iuis and that was in the stomache. I tried to get ahold of my clinic but they close early on Sunday. I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do yet.

Well I had HCG 10,000 units and I did it in my fatty tissue but I'm not sure if it metabolizes differently i.e. faster or slower when done in the muscle and since ER is based off strict calculations, unless you can get a hold of them I'd just find someone to help you with the injection in your bum?

Shorty it should be out by then yes!

Kelly, congrats!! I'm so excited for you - your tests look great. H & H 9 months :flower:

Chell, that was a very interesting story! I think it's great that you are helping these couples - being a surrogate is such a huge commitment.

AFM, haven't tested yet. I'm going out of town Monday through Thursday and there's part of me that doesn't want to test while I'm away from home at a work conference, so I might just wait until Friday. We'll see.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Good luck with your second beta tomorrow, MrsC!

Have fun on your out of town trip. Fx for a bfp when you return.

Hi Ladies,

Thank you so much for all of your support & replies!

I did have this many last time & I got a positive but lost our baby after only 1 week :(
We hope this time with ICSI it will allow us to get an either better result & hopefully carry full term. I go back tomorrow morning & hopefully I will get the go ahead to trigger & ER on Wednesday! :) Fingers crossed!

Congratulations Kelly x

Thank you to everyone again x x

Good luck tomorrow!

Hi all, I will apologize now for not responding to everyone personally. My Internet is down and I've only got my phone. I've been keeping up with everyone's news but haven't been posting.

I went for my day 8 us and blood work. The nurse just called and I am supposed to do the hcg shot tonight at 8 then egg retrieval Tuesday at 8AM. I'm a little nervous about the hcg shot because all the other shots I've been doing are in the belly and it's easy to see and reach. This one is in the butt and not so easy to reach. Has anyone done this on their own? How did you manage?

Thank you!

Yay for doing the trigger shot! I hope it goes smoothly and you find a place to do it. Not much longer for you!

Well... ET was today.. The actual transfer went great ad we got two embryos in..
It was a very emotional day for me.. My clinic chose to do a 5 day transfer bc I had 8 perfect quality embryos.. Well 5 mins before they take me to the operating room for the transfer, the Embryologists came in to show me Which embryos she picked and why.. Well she practically said I didn't have any great quality embryos and they weren't were they really wanted them to be but they have seen many ppl get pregnant from that quality and worse. They grade them on a scale from 1-4 With 1 being completely perfect, 2- bring above average 3 being a little below Average and 4 just bad--- well they graded mine at a 3 and I guess I just didn't expect that.. This is our first IVF cycle and we are using ICSI due to blockage with my hubby.. Since we started.. Everything has went perfect.. My body responded very well to the meds, I had 36 follicles growing-- we retrieved 13 eggs- fertilized 11 with ICSI and then 8 were doing so good they wanted to wait til day 5 to make sure they pick the best...

I'm just a little unsure and don't understand..

I go next Tuesday the 24th for beta preg test..

Should I hpt early?? Looks like I could do that by Thursday/Friday this week..

Congrats on being PUPO with twins! Sorry to hear about the emotional day and how your embies were. My fingers are crossed for you.

raelynn~ I really hope things go well tomorrow! I look forward to hearing how your 2nd beta goes!

AFM~ Thanks for all the good luck wishes for tomorrow ladies. My appointment is very early in the morning so I should have the news before lunch time.

babyonmyown, sounds like you got an intramuscular injection for hcg where as most of us do it subq in the fatty tissue, you should be able to do it in your thigh if you can't find someone else to give it to you in your butt cheek but I'd call the clinic to confirm, maybe even ask if you can just do it subq? My pharmacist said either or but subq is def easier, what brand of HCG do you have? Ovidrel or HGC 10,000 units?

I have HCG 10,000 units. I used ovidrel for my iuis and that was in the stomache. I tried to get ahold of my clinic but they close early on Sunday. I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do yet.

There shouldn't be any reason you can't do it in your thigh. I looked on some other sites and others have done that. A muscle is a muscle. It may hurt a little more and you have to watch the depth based on how much thigh muscle you have. Hope you got it figured out!

Any nurses in your neighborhood?

"knock, knock, knock...Hi there, you don't know me, but could you administer this shot for me?"

seriously tho, i am totally planning on tapping a neighbor's skills for the the trigger...

it actualy isnt that tough to do your own buttshots.. look online there are tons of videos on how to do it. i did my own pio which went fine (other than being allergic to it).

Thanks ladies for all the support.... It went well... dinner was awkward bc i knew what was coming.... went as well as it could of gone ..... sometimes it just helps to vent aliCtle.

Congrats Kelly!! Congrats MrsC and all the other :bfp:
AFM: another follow up ultrasound and bloodwork tomororw. Hoping to see some follicles <12mm!!

Baby, I do all my butt injections standing in front of a full length mirror. My doctor told me to imagine the cheek divided in half both vertically and horizontally, and then do the shots in the upper, outer quadrant. The main thing is to make sure you're not putting any weight on the leg on the side you're doing the injection because that tenses the muscle and it will hurt more. I just stand with my side facing the mirror, lift up my foot, and go for it! I'm sure you'll do great. Good luck!

Thank you all for the advise. I just did the trigger myself and it went ok. Now I take a pregnancy test tomorrow morning to make sure it's in my system them ER Tuesday at 8am. It's so crazy to think the time is finally here!! Today my lining was 9.7 and there were 8 or 9 good follicles.

Kelly - Congratulations!!! :happydance: I am so thrilled for you! I definitely believe Hannah was watching over you and sending you some very special :dust:

Baby - glad you managed to get the shot done! Good luck at your ER!

Chellesama - I don't understand why anyone would judge you for this! I think what you are doing is amazing and there are very few women who would be strong enough to go through it. :hugs:

Shorty - Congrats on being PUPO!! Try not to stress... Hopefully those embies are snuggling in and growing happily! Not sure about the testing. Thurs/Fri sounds quite early but if you're using Internet cheapies then there's no harm in poas whenever you like :haha:

MrsC - good luck with your beta!

Tiff - good luck with your scan today! Bring us back a picture!!

Atma - how are you doing? Are you going to test before tomorrow?

Shorty - if I may give you some advice? If you will be getting a blood test, try waiting instead of HPT-ing early. Feel positive and don't stress yourself, give your embies the perfect stress-free environment so they can nestle in. The blood test will come early enough and HPT-ing might just stress you, worry you - keep your Mummy-Karma up until they do the blood work (which ought to give you your answer earlier than most HPT-s are able to give you a positive, because the hormone is found in the blood earlier than it is in urine).

But that was just my way of thinking - if I had a negative HPT before the blood test, I would be worrying and worrying... if I started seeing lines, and the blood test is negative, I would be heartbroken and would find it much harder to deal with. That is why - for me - I decided against the POAS (although I was oh so tempted) and waited for the blood test.

In the end, it is up to you and what you feel is easier to deal with :) I believe that with a 10.000 trigger, it takes about 10 days to leave the system.

Whatever you decide to do : CONGRATULATIONS on being PUPO :hugs: and lots of Mummy-Karma :dust: to you :)

Hi girls,

Sorry still not at a point to do personals.

But i just wanted to wish the girls GL with their ER and hope you get lots of heatlhy eggies!!!!

Huge congrats to all of you that are PUPO lots of sticky baby dust for you guys :dust:

Kelly, Congrats on the BFP!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: H&H 9 months for you girl!!!!

AFM > AF has left, so will start temping tomorrow and just track O to make sure i do O. But post IVF the cycles are normally longer, so im in for most probably a 34-37day cycle :shrug:

Kelly - Congratulations!!! :happydance: I am so thrilled for you! I definitely believe Hannah was watching over you and sending you some very special :dust:

Chellesama - I don't understand why anyone would judge you for this! I think what you are doing is amazing and there are very few women who would be strong enough to go through it. :hugs:

Shorty - Congrats on being PUPO!! Try not to stress... Hopefully those embies are snuggling in and growing happily! Not sure about the testing. Thurs/Fri sounds quite early but if you're using Internet cheapies then there's no harm in poas whenever you like :haha:

HEY!!! girls so i had my scan this morning and everything is perfect i could see and hear the heart beat me and dh was so amazed it made everthing so real for us and i was relieved to hear everything was ok the baby is measuring to be 7 weeks today so my edd is 4th march and my birthday is the 5th so its going to be a really good birthday oh and there was just one baby incase anyone is wondering but iam very happy with that!!!:happydance: oh and i did get scan pictures but i have to upload them to my laptop so hopefully i will have them up soon:cloud9:

Kelly- congrats on the brill news!!!!:happydance:

Mrsc- congrats on your great news aswell you really deserve it!!!

A big congrats to all the other bfp and best of luck to all the ladies thats PUPO

Thanks ladies for all the support.... It went well... dinner was awkward bc i knew what was coming.... went as well as it could of gone ..... sometimes it just helps to vent aliCtle.

Congrats Kelly!! Congrats MrsC and all the other :bfp:
AFM: another follow up ultrasound and bloodwork tomororw. Hoping to see some follicles <12mm!!

I'm glad the dinner went as well as it could. Good luck today!

Thank you all for the advise. I just did the trigger myself and it went ok. Now I take a pregnancy test tomorrow morning to make sure it's in my system them ER Tuesday at 8am. It's so crazy to think the time is finally here!! Today my lining was 9.7 and there were 8 or 9 good follicles.

Good job on getting the trigger done. Not much longer now.

Hi girls,

Sorry still not at a point to do personals.

But i just wanted to wish the girls GL with their ER and hope you get lots of heatlhy eggies!!!!

Huge congrats to all of you that are PUPO lots of sticky baby dust for you guys :dust:

Kelly, Congrats on the BFP!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: H&H 9 months for you girl!!!!

AFM > AF has left, so will start temping tomorrow and just track O to make sure i do O. But post IVF the cycles are normally longer, so im in for most probably a 34-37day cycle :shrug:

I hope that your cycle isn't much longer than normal.

HEY!!! girls so i had my scan this morning and everything is perfect i could see and hear the heart beat me and dh was so amazed it made everthing so real for us and i was relieved to hear everything was ok the baby is measuring to be 7 weeks today so my edd is 4th march and my birthday is the 5th so its going to be a really good birthday oh and there was just one baby incase anyone is wondering but iam very happy with that!!!:happydance: oh and i did get scan pictures but i have to upload them to my laptop so hopefully i will have them up soon:cloud9:

Kelly- congrats on the brill news!!!!:happydance:

Mrsc- congrats on your great news aswell you really deserve it!!!

A big congrats to all the other bfp and best of luck to all the ladies thats PUPO

Thank you! Sounds like you have an amazing day. I'm so glad everything looked great. You will be getting a great birthday gift this year! I look forward to seeing your scan picture.

Shorty - if I may give you some advice? If you will be getting a blood test, try waiting instead of HPT-ing early. Feel positive and don't stress yourself, give your embies the perfect stress-free environment so they can nestle in. The blood test will come early enough and HPT-ing might just stress you, worry you - keep your Mummy-Karma up until they do the blood work (which ought to give you your answer earlier than most HPT-s are able to give you a positive, because the hormone is found in the blood earlier than it is in urine).

But that was just my way of thinking - if I had a negative HPT before the blood test, I would be worrying and worrying... if I started seeing lines, and the blood test is negative, I would be heartbroken and would find it much harder to deal with. That is why - for me - I decided against the POAS (although I was oh so tempted) and waited for the blood test.

In the end, it is up to you and what you feel is easier to deal with :) I believe that with a 10.000 trigger, it takes about 10 days to leave the system.

Whatever you decide to do : CONGRATULATIONS on being PUPO :hugs: and lots of Mummy-Karma :dust: to you :)

Thanks so much!!! I think I'm goin to wait.. It only 8 more days soo I've made it this far this I can wait a little longer..

Tiff-- congrats! My hubby and I anniversary is March 5th! That's a great day!! Wishing u the best and healthy pregnancy!

cheelesmama that not hurtful at all, I'll admit a little confusing for me to follow first thing in the morning :) but still you fit here with us.

Ladies I am very happy to say that I got my true :bfp: this morning, as I suspected my trigger never left but now my test lines are dark enough from the squinters I was getting to feel comfortable saying it. I got my first true (just didn't believe it) positive on friday the 13th, the 6 months anniversary of the loss of our daughter, maybe Hannah was looking out for me after all. :cry:

That is fantastic news! Congrats!

Hi Ladies,

Went for my scan today all went well I had 40 follicles growing today & around 15 were ready 18mm or bigger!
I had bloods done again so i'm just waiting to hear the results & as long as it is below 15000 I can go ahead with retrieval on Wednesday. Bloods were 4000 on Friday so hopefully it hasn't gone up too much more. Fingers Crossed!!

Congratulations Kelly!!

x x x x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79