IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
GL bubu!!!

MrsC-how exciting-does he know you are preg or are you surprising him today?! I have not been on here long so not sure about the situation!

Stinas-GL you will do fine with the progesterone shots and the ER!

Not feeling well so sorry to those I missed...could my first bcp from last night make me feel so icky and sick??? ugh....also hardly slept which could be part of this icky feeling-and no-the apt was not set up yet I have been waiting for the office to call-this office is closer than where I was yesterday=they set up places all over for our convenience which is great so only about a 20 minute ride for my evaluation for insurance. I am hoping to get my test done either today or tomorrow.

Thanks for all the support ladies you truly are the best!!

good luck with the test Almost and keep us posted. We are here for support!!! xoxoxo

GettingBroody~ My sessions were never like that. She did talk to me for a few minutes before each session but noting in detail. Just things lik how are you feeling? Do you feel relaxed when you leave? Also we would talk about my cycles because thats what it is kinda for.

TTB~ Sorry you have to do a fresh cycle. Maybe something that will be changed will help your follies this time.

almost~ He knows! He works over in Afghanistan and we are 11 and a half hours difference. I was waking up at 4 am before I got my bfp because for some reason I just couldn't sleep. That ended up being a time when he was in. I ended up calling him on Skype and he told me to test. So we were able to share the moment together. It was nice. I would say your yucky feeling if from the BC or maybe just being stressed about everything. I hope you feel better.

I hope you ladies have a wonderful day!! :flower:

MrsC, how wonderful you DH is almost home AND you get to see your baby(ies) together! Cant wait to hear about it.

Jchic, I am doing good, today was my last BCP, but I am still on 10 ius of Lupron until I get AF, on day 2 I go in for baseline and they lower my lupron to 5 ius. I have to be honest, i am nervous as hell, just praying I get much better results than last time.

Almost GL w/your test, I hope you can get in there sooner rather than later.

thanks ladies!! I am going to call the office if no call from them by 10am...

mrsc-what a wonderful bfp story!!!! thanks for sharing =)

oneof14-how exciting you are on your last bcp today!!!! GL!

Will update you ladies later with my test date I really hope this cycle stays as scheduled!! And I will try my best to make sure my insurance sends to OK to my doctor for my cycle coverage!!!

Hi Ladies,

Can I hop onboard here? :flower: Been on another thread but it's really quiet! I was thinking there MUST be more ppl cycling at the mo, 'cos with IVF#1 there was lots!

I'm on IVF#2, LP, day 10 of stims with Gonal F. Follie scan yesterday showed 6, poss 8 follies (I have an ovary that hides). Another scan tomorrow & they will tell me if EC is Mon or Tues next week. :thumbup:

I will have a read back now & see how ye are all doing... :hugs:

Teapot x

GettingBroody - Sorry your relaxing experience was not sooo relaxing....hopefully it will get better! I think no matter what, when people look at our SA's they just cant hide that shock. It sucks on our end.

jchic - Super exciting!! Best of luck to you this cycle!!!!

almosthere - Thank you!!! I felt like crap on the BCP's. I never took any form of birth control in my life, so when I started taking them I felt depressed and super groggy/moody. I didnt like it at all. Oh and prepare for your boobs to become swollen and super tender. OMG...thank god my cousin has bigger boobs than me....we went to the Bahamas a couple weeks ago and NONE of my bathing suit tops fit me...mind you, they did two days before leaving for our trip! Good luck with your test!!!

teapot - Welcome and good luck with this cycle!

As for me...now my ER seems to possibly be sat or sunday, instead of the sunday monday. They said I am responding very well. Its nice to get some good news out of al this crazyness.

Squid, how did you feel while on lupron? I started 10 units on Sunday and I'm bruised and bloated, should I be concerned?

Lupron caused me to be really tired but the nurse had warned me about slight bruising. So I think its normal but calling the doctor couldn't hurt if you are concerned.

Yesterday had my first round of stims, Follistim was ok but MENOPUR burnt like hell!!

Lupron made me tired and totally dopey. I had/have this ridiculous short term memory now! What was I saying???

My head does feel like its clearing now though. It took about two days after stims for me to start to feel a little more like myself. I don't know whether its the lupron only being 5 units now or what the stims are doing, but its way better. Sort of like when a hang over starts to clear. And yes! the menopur totally stings! I think too b/c there is so much of it. The 1cc just seems like a huge amount compared to the others.

OMG!! Me too! last night, I was fogetting everything I just did and it was making me scared. I was just telling a friend of mine about it. for example, we made plans for saturday and a couple of hours later my DH mentioned something about Saturday and I was like what are we doing saturday, he looked at me like are you kidding, and for a moment, I was like OMG, what are we doing, what are we doing, then remembered. Scared the sh*t of of me. Thank you for sharing that information with me, I seriously feel so much better now.

I started having severe headache right after the stims... I am hoping we get done with all this soon and get our BFPs :)

Squid, how did you feel while on lupron? I started 10 units on Sunday and I'm bruised and bloated, should I be concerned?

Lupron caused me to be really tired but the nurse had warned me about slight bruising. So I think its normal but calling the doctor couldn't hurt if you are concerned.

Yesterday had my first round of stims, Follistim was ok but MENOPUR burnt like hell!!

With the menopur after you draw it up, let it sit for 10-15 minutes before injecting it. That will help with the burning; it is so concentrated when you first mix it and letting it sit helps. I remember that from my first cycle when I was watching videos on how to mix it and inject. And icing really helped with all injections both before and after doing them. Good Luck!

I tried this and it totally worked!! Thanks so much...

Welcome Teapot! Good luck with your scan tomorrow :)

MrsC - How exciting to see DH after a couple of months! AND even more exciting to get your scan tomorrow together!!! I cannot wait to hear the results ;)

Almost - That is what I hate about BC, it makes me sick too! Hang in there :hugs: And I hope you get everything straightened out to keep your cycle going!

Jchic - I hope to get the call today that I can start stimming tonight!! Just waiting on my blood work results from this morning.

GettingBroody - Yea, not liking their new policy about appointments; it is such non-sense if you ask me, but at this point I have no choice. It was not like this in Feb/March when I did my first cycle. As for the acu appointment you had, I would not be comfortable talking to someone like that either. Maybe he was doing it to help, but still!

Stinas - Yay on almost being ready for ER!

I went for my baseline and bloodwork today; there were no cysts :thumbup: I was so worried about that since I have a history of them and get them so often. I have 6 follicles on the left and 7 on the right; I don't remember what I had last cycle, but do know last cycle they retrieved 9 eggs. But I thought that 13 follicles seems low?? I have to wait for my blood work results and hopefully will start stimming this evening!!!! And I have a consult appt Monday night for acupuncture :)

MrsC OMGOSH :) I know how excited you are....my DH was in Afghanistan all last Summer :( was the worst summer of my life. I would be on Skype with him and the alarms were going off etc. and that happened pretty often as I'm sure you have heard before....the next thing I do is hear DH saying OH NO THIS IS A REAL ONE let me get off here I have to go get my gear on.....I'm like OH BOY :(.....so I know how scary those deployments are etc. :( its not a fun place to be!

I hope you enjoy your time with him when he comes home :) an I bet he can't wait to go to the docs appts :) either!!

ALSO---Everytime I get on the BCPills I em well get sick every morning just as I would if I had morning sickness and I get so shakey an feel so uneasy :( but that will wear off after a week or so :) Lots of rest hun and praying your insurance goes through!

omgsh so stressed...my insurance is being so anal about this all...now they are like you should prob get a hcg die test done too and we need all medical proof that you need ivf...it is just so frustrating dealing with infertilty and ivf and now this pain in the A insurance issues....which I think will be putting me off another month if not longer...Why couldnt they have told me this sooner when I spoke with them months ago!? ughhh sry for the downer rant...in a low place right now :/

Almost- sorry you are going through all that- insurance is a pain but at least it does cover it for you! My insurance wouldn't cover IVF- only cover tests treating the underlying issues which pretty much is nothing- it covered most of DHs TESE ooperation bc he was diagnosed with azoospermia but we have over 20K in one round of IVF that ended with BFN :( so we go back Aug 9 for follow up to check next options but the clinic I go to is owned by a big hospital system and right now they don't offered multi cycle discounts and all that so I'm curious to how much round 2 is gonna be or if we will stay there due to that.

Almost - I am sorry they are giving you such a hard time. I don't understand why they didn't tell you this months ago either; did you ask them? I hope you can work something out and keep going for this cycle. This whole process is so stressul as it is. And I have learned that since I started nothing ever seems to go according to what you plan. :hugs:

Almost - I am sorry! I hate insurance companies. They NEVER tell you what you need until the last minute. Hang in there and try to schedule everything as soon as possible :)

Also, I've learned to make sure u get the reps name and employee ID when getting information bc they will be quick to say they didn't tell you that or tell you that was covered blah blah blah- and also record date a s time you spoke as exactly what was said... I have kept a record of all my calls to insurance companies... And I got that advice from a Dr that deals with infertility bc he sees it all the time where one person tells you something then you get a bill and then they don't want to pay..

Thanks ladies-I am just so frustrated because we already set up a plan day by day for ivf and i took my first bcp last night ughhh so it is like either I hold it out and keep up with th bcp and hope insurance approves ivf before the 13 ---i think that is my end time limit since I would start lupron that day?? Or I take the pills and mess up my natural cycle and delay ivf a month or longer depending on my cycle and when insurance approves this OR I just stop and delay it a month myself. At this point I want to keep going, but I will have to stop if not approved by the 13th i think because I cannot afford it-especially with ICSI costs added to the additional ivf it would be a minimum of like 12, 500 without insurance and only 2,500 with insurance...anywho done stressing you all out I will try to keep calm and wait until I can hear back from the doctors and insurance :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"