IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
s08~ That is great news! How long does the BC usually last for? Do you go a whole pack or do they make people stop at a certain point? I'm so glad you RE was honest about traveling. I think if traveling for IVF I would do it closer to home like you are considering. We are not far from each other! It's nice to know someone in this tread is from the same area (kinda). With the place you are considering only being 3 hours away would you guys drive and stay up there or still fly? I think it's worth a call to the other clinic and seeing how much it would cost and how they would work with you on all the appointment and communication through the process. I look forward to hearing what you decide and what the other place says if you guys decide to do that.

Hi everyone. I think I just caught up with the thread. We're really gathering a crowd, which I think will be great as we'll all be at slightly different phases in the whole process.

Welcome newbies! Michelle, will you be able to do a FET? Or do you have to do the whole process again? It's so hard to hear about you ladies who were ultimately unsuccessful in bringing home a baby after IVF...its pretty much my worst nightmare. You are all so strong!

AFM, I just returned from Vegas and had a wonderful time with dh and friends. Much needed escape from all things pregnancy! My friend who started ttc about the same time as me and now has an 9 month old was there, but she is so sensitive about the whole topic, so it doesn't bother me. I even had a few cocktails and did not stress about doing so!

DH and I are going to the RE for our IVF consult/consent appt. this afternoon, so its back to reality. I'll keep you all posted if I learn something new.

Thanks! I will not be doing a FET. We will be starting a fresh cycle and hopefully they wil change my meds so I am not slow responding this time.

Morning ladies!!

So8 thats great news!!!

Its going to take all of my will power not to call the dr today and see if they heard anything about the insurance. I told myself I would wait to tomorrow. Part of me wants to and the other part of me doesn't because I'm afraid of getting bad news. You guys are probably starting to think I'm crazy :wacko:....im really not though lol...just beyond stressed. I just havent been able to stop thinking about it since Tuesday. And I feel like everytime i turn around the tv or someone is talking about being pregnant. Bc I like to torture myself i was watching 16 and pregnant on tuesday night and the girl was like 17 and got pregnant and then like 2 weeks later her like 18 year old sister got pregnant.(her mother wanted them to get an abortion). The older sister got an abortion and the younger one didnt. She had the baby and when the baby was like a month old she said to her older sister i wish i wouldve made the same decision as you and had an abortion. i got soooo mad!!! Like are you kididng me??? First off thats awful if your child ever sees this show. Secondly it just amazes me how ungrateful people are. Sorry I needed to rant about that.

S08 - that is great news! WOOHOO!

Haj - I can imagine you are ready to crawl up the walls, its so hard to wait it out. Did you RE tell you when they would hear back? I would wait until tomorrow - but I know how hard practicing self control is for ALL of us. I watched that too....I couldnt even believe!

Mrs - I hope you dont need to do another test, how annoying! If thats what they need though, I guess its better finding out now and doing the retest then later on stopping or not being able to move forward with a cycle due to that, ya know? How was accu last night?

AFM - Had IUI #1 today and tomorrow scheduled for IUI #2. Crossing my fingers AND toes!

S08 - that is great news! WOOHOO!

Haj - I can imagine you are ready to crawl up the walls, its so hard to wait it out. Did you RE tell you when they would hear back? I would wait until tomorrow - but I know how hard practicing self control is for ALL of us. I watched that too....I couldnt even believe!

Mrs - I hope you dont need to do another test, how annoying! If thats what they need though, I guess its better finding out now and doing the retest then later on stopping or not being able to move forward with a cycle due to that, ya know? How was accu last night?

AFM - Had IUI #1 today and tomorrow scheduled for IUI #2. Crossing my fingers AND toes!

For some reason in my head I'm thinking the nurse said she was going to call the woman back today but i could totally be making that up. I feel like i was in such a daze while listening to her the other day bc i couldnt even believe they were saying the insurance was giving them a hard time. I'm going to try super duper hard with self control and not call them till tomorrow.

YAYYY for your IUI!!! Sticky bean vibes heading your way!!!!

I know, its like it was all coming at you at once, I hate that....call first thing in the AM!

PS - following your blog girl :)

Yeah, I'm definitely going to!!!

Yayy!!! It feels good like getting all my feelings out writing things down and i think its good for other ppl to see too!!!

I agree, if I didnt have all you girlies I would go crazy!!!! I am already stressed, emotional and a complete MESS as it is with this ttc!

Couldnt agree more. Dh said to me this morning, I'm dreading them calling if the insurance denied it. I know how much it will break your heart. He definitely tries to be strong for me, but I know its taking a toll on him too.

positive thoughts headed your way! The insurance company WILL approve it!

Fingers Crossed!!! Because they will have one crazy lady on their hands if they dont!!!:wacko:

haj~ I don't think you are crazy at all. I would be feeling the same way! Somehow I get sucked into those shows as well and just get angry at everything they do. That is a very horrible thing that she said to her sister wishing she had done the same thing. I didn't watch it but hearing about it makes me sad and angry.

jchic~ Acupuncture was good. I never thought I would be doing something like that but then again I didn't think I would be doing IVF either. Good luck on your 2WW and the other IUI tomorrow. :thumbup:

Without you ladies I would also go crazy having to deal with this all on my own. So I thank you all! :hugs:

So I just got a call from the RE that the insurance company denied IVF.:cry: I feel like crawling into a hole right now. My anxiety just like sky rocketed and i feel like i cant breathe. She said my doctor is going to put in a call to the medical director to see if he can change his mind but I feel like i lost all of my hope just now. I just spoke with my Mom and she told me well have faith he can change the medical directors mind and I hope he does but I just feel so defeated right now. i feel like i had hope for this and it just got shot down. now it feels like im setting myself up if i try to have hope that he can change his mind.

Haj, honey I am soooo sorry. DONT lose faith or hope just yet. Sometimes insurance companies need a push, ya know? IF and this is an IF they still deny, what is the procedure? DH needs to have the surgery, and then you can do IVF?

I'm not entirely sure yet. I know my doctor has to put in an appeal for it but that could take a few months and then if they still deny it and he has to get surgery. We may not be able to get IVF for a year. I feel like im falling apart right now

s08 - Congrats on getting started soon! Wow you will be PUPO before you even know it :happydance:

Jchic- Everything is crossed that you get a sticky bean out of this IUI and never have to speak about IVF again :dust:

Haj - Hang in there girl. I know how crazy things get but dont' worry we know what you are going thru and don't think you are crazy in the least.

Mrs. C - Glad to hear your accu went well. I know what you mean. I would never have imagined knowing all the stuff I know today about infertility. It seems so crazy :wacko:

Stay strong, maybe the appeal process will move faster than you think....is there any way you can reach out to them yourself?

Stay strong, maybe the appeal process will move faster than you think....is there any way you can reach out to them yourself?

I'm going to wait to hear back from my doctor and then ask them exactly what i do from here

I think thats a good plan Haj....keep us posted.

s08~ That is great news! How long does the BC usually last for? Do you go a whole pack or do they make people stop at a certain point? I'm so glad you RE was honest about traveling. I think if traveling for IVF I would do it closer to home like you are considering. We are not far from each other! It's nice to know someone in this tread is from the same area (kinda). With the place you are considering only being 3 hours away would you guys drive and stay up there or still fly? I think it's worth a call to the other clinic and seeing how much it would cost and how they would work with you on all the appointment and communication through the process. I look forward to hearing what you decide and what the other place says if you guys decide to do that.

Yah for living in the northwest! I bet you are looking forward to the rain stopping as much as I am! To answer your question, I will take BC a minimum of 2 weeks and a maximum of 5 (or was it 7?). It will be based on our schedule and the clinic's schedule for retrieval/transfer. I just got off the phone with the Vancouver clinic, so this could all change if we do a last-minute switch to that clinic. I really wish I would have started looking into Vancouver earlier, so I wouldn't feel so rushed. It might mean sitting out another month...we'll see.

Haj, sorry about the insurance issue. I loath dealing with insurance companies! Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"