IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
as i understand it they worry about ovarian torsion or something like that...basically, when you're all stimmed up, your ovaries are heavy and at higher risk of twisting which would be very bad.

right which makes sense for no jumping or pounding activities but makes no sense for lifting. ovarian torsion is so so so rare. i saw a case on call the other night, unrelated to ovarian stimulation... but im not sure ive EVER seen another one.

maybe for leg presses?? idk either, and besides i would think if your core was stabilized it would be fine. maybe its only if you lift reeally reeally badly?

Do you guys mind me asking..Are you all at a healthy weight? I was 4 months ago and then the Clomid shot that to hell, and the bcp..ugh I worry about weight now. I am 5'11 and was a very happy 165 now I am 185 :nope:
I seemed to have hit a plateau though Thank goodness :shrug:
It seems like the weight is going straight to my waiste :growlmad:

want: those were about my identical sizes on day 8. they triggered me yesterday (day 10), but in an ideal world they would have let me go another day or too, but we're worried about my estradiol level, so in the balance we decided to trigger. BTW, I had 18 and 17 and 16 on day 10, after results like yours on day 8...

hope you and michelle both feel better today, and btw no working out during stims!! (well at least i was told nothing strenuous. walking and the like is ok, but no running or weight lifting, etc.)

Thanks ksluice! After day 5 my estradiol level was 332. The doctor said that was good although I have no idea what it means.

My estradiol level 308 on day 5, so we seem to really be in sync :) I think they want it over 2000 for retrieval or something like that. My first cycle I only got to 1675.

my day 5 was 231, but day 8 was 1021 and that is while taking letrazole to lower it. yesterday was 2241. my FS thinks that given the number of follies I should be in the 3-4000 range, but since I'm over 40 that puts me at risk for OHSS so that is why we triggered rather than waiting. :flower:

want: those were about my identical sizes on day 8. they triggered me yesterday (day 10), but in an ideal world they would have let me go another day or too, but we're worried about my estradiol level, so in the balance we decided to trigger. BTW, I had 18 and 17 and 16 on day 10, after results like yours on day 8...

hope you and michelle both feel better today, and btw no working out during stims!! (well at least i was told nothing strenuous. walking and the like is ok, but no running or weight lifting, etc.)

Thanks ksluice! After day 5 my estradiol level was 332. The doctor said that was good although I have no idea what it means.

My estradiol level 308 on day 5, so we seem to really be in sync :) I think they want it over 2000 for retrieval or something like that. My first cycle I only got to 1675.

my day 5 was 231, but day 8 was 1021 and that is while taking letrazole to lower it. yesterday was 2241. my FS thinks that given the number of follies I should be in the 3-4000 range, but since I'm over 40 that puts me at risk for OHSS so that is why we triggered rather than waiting. :flower:

Hi :hi:
I am 41 and nervous as heck. Is this your first IVF cycle?

Do you guys mind me asking..Are you all at a healthy weight? I was 4 months ago and then the Clomid shot that to hell, and the bcp..ugh I worry about weight now. I am 5'11 and was a very happy 165 now I am 185 :nope:

All these meds make you gain weight; when I started my first cycle I was 136, and I am just shy of 5'2. Now I am at 141, but I also measure inches since I do a lot of weight lifting. I usually go more by clothing size :) I think I just couldn't loose all of it from last cycle and then adding the BC this cycle did me in as well!!!

GL wantbabysoon!

AFM GOOD NEWS, FINALLY GOOD NEWS! =) I got insurance approval already, sooo fast-it only took ONE DAY after my SIS!! =)

Anywho, still unsure if I can continue this ivf cycle due to the possibility I made need a HSG to rid of my polyp....I left yet another voicemail to my FS nursing staff and asked my financial lady to email the nurses...I did not take BCP last night, do you think if I skip tonight and just take two tomorrow that it will be fine? I know it is fine in regular pregnancy prevention to do that...but this is to regulate my cycle...I doubt my FS will call me back today, so just thinking of not taking my pill tonight and waiting to hear back tomorrow....hmmmm

almost- i know we all hate to waste time but... if you have a polyp going ahead with an ivf cycle is likely a waste of time unless you want to do FET. it is sooo expensive so why do it when you have a less than a perfect shot. a polyp can prevent implantation etc so why risk it? i know that sounds horrible but you are so lucky to have insurance coverage for ivf, but i dont know how many shots they will give you. it is up to you and your doctor but..

BCP did that to me as well. I am 5'10, after my baby was born I was 169 and then BCP have shot me up to 180. It's crazy. Plus, everyone has warned me that the IVF meds will make me put another 15 or so lbs of bloat while I'm on them. Joy.

Anyone not gain while on the meds?

I totally understand which is why I am not assuming I can go ahead with this cycle. I have read that the obgyn could have misinterpreted my SIS although I doubt it. I completely agree that putting off a month so that I can ensure a healthy and successful procedure is the way to go =) I do not know if HSG, including the removal of a polyp delays the process...although it may if I need to heal a month or so before starting IVF

BCP did that to me as well. I am 5'10, after my baby was born I was 169 and then BCP have shot me up to 180. It's crazy. Plus, everyone has warned me that the IVF meds will make me put another 15 or so lbs of bloat while I'm on them. Joy.

Anyone not gain while on the meds?

Although I cannot comment on weight gain with ivf meds...I did notice I lost weight after stopping BCPS...I started my BCPs late high school so not sure if my weight gain was from bcp or just end of my growth as a woman! :haha: oh and I lost about 5 pounds after bcps but it took about 8 months to notice...

Almost: I totally agree with DrSquid. You're doing the right thing by getting all of your health issues in order first so you can have best chance possible for success. :hugs:

i havent weighed myself since my ob visit at 7 weeks. im pretty sure im packing on weight even though im really not eating that much... just not working out anymore. feel like a lazy slug. but.. my clothes all seem to still fit so.. figure ill find out monday at my ob visit when they weigh me. i had been up about 5 lbs higher than i prefer but still not too bad before i got pregnant. was weighing up 4 lbs on my scale at 7 weeks but unchanged from my usual on the ob scale.. keep trying to tell myself i have the rest of my life to take it back off.

mb i gained a pound or 2 on the meds but since my ER I've lost like 8lbs. 14 weeks tomorrow and havent put on a lb yet...whew!!! Not like I need it!!!

honestly since my ER I havent really had much of an appetite. im saying this now but im sure with twins ill start packing on the pounds asap:dohh:

1st beta results are in........... 6......... :(, not looking good at all, repeat beta scheduled for tomorrow morning.... Won't have results until tomorrow eveninh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"