IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTC- I am doing ICSI. Today's u/s went great. Whole bunch 14-20mm - so retrieval is set for tomorrow morning:) excited.

Anyone have any info/tips for before or after retrieval? Anything I should know? thanks ladies:)

Hi Lindsay18,

Good luck for your retrieval tomorrow, the only tip I can give is try to relax and I took some biscuits & powerade zero with me.

You will be fine just spend the rest of the day resting & getting yourself better.

Lots of luck to you x x x.

Just got word, 17 fertilized!!!

The pineapple thing isan idea that it helps make the uterus more receptive. Pineapple has a natural meat tenderizer in it, and this is concentrated at the core, so you can eat the whole thing, but many ladies just eat the core. There is an old folk thing about getting too much vitamin c when your TTC, so keep that in mind (like don't eat 6 pineapples in one day).

YAY ksluice!! That is FANTASTIC!!! :yipee:

Ok, so you are saying eat ALL the pineapple, like the middle part?

Lindsay: :hi: Welcome. Wow 45 follicles your poor ovaries must be the size of footballs. No wonder you feel bloated. FX that OHSS stays away, drink lots of gatorade. MrsBear has a journal where she describes everything. She was hospitalized for 10 days. Here is the link to her journal:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ttc-journals/500870-operation-baby-bear-journal-ivf.html

Congrats on triggering! and good luck with your ET.

Stinas: :happydance: So happy to hear your embryos are progressing. I'm doing the vaginal progesterone which isn't that bad. At first I was wishing I had the shots but now I think this is better. Good Luck with you ET!

Drsquid: OMG this is awesome!! You must be so excited they look fantastic!

TTC: :yipee: Congrats on the BFP!!!!!! I'm a week behind you and I don't have any symptoms. I woke up Friday and my boobs felt different, not sore just different. I knew from that moment that I was pregnant but hpt was a BFN. The next day I got my BFP so the boobs were right. Other then that I don't feel anything except a tightness in my stomach. It kind of feels like I did a bunch of sit ups. My mom never had pregnancy symptoms so maybe I will be the same. Your beta sounds like a strong number so you must have a sticky bean. How many did you transfer?

Hi Jen,

Thank you so much this whole thing feels like a miricle & I am still in shock.
Congratulation to you as well, it's nice to have someone who is so close to my little bean :))
I know how you feel I thought it was just me but I feel like I've done sit ups everyday as well!! What a weird feeling, my boobs are a little tender today but nothing major did another clear blue digital to see if the indicator would change and it did from 2-3 weeks to 3+ weeks.
I'm so happy but now have to wait 2 more weeks to see our little bean on our first scan.

We were only allowed one transferred! Do you know that both of yours implanted?

Keep me updated x x x

Sad, sad day Just got back from my scan and they have cancelled my IVF cycle for this month and have converted it to IUI. I trigger toninght. BD tonight and IUI Saturday morning. :cry:

I only had 3 follicles. 2 on the right that were 19 and one on the left that was 18.5 my lining is 8.5. The Dr says not to worry now we know what we need to do for the next cycle, that he says I wont even need because I'm gonna get lucky with my 4rth IUI...NOT. So hard to be optimistic. :nope:

I just don't get it? Was it over suppression from the birth control..Dr says no, but dang before with my clomid and IUI cycles I had 9-10 follicles on each ovary..

I am just crushed..:cry:
~Angie

Never, I am so sorry, I know how devastating that can be! Perhaps your dr is right and you will get pg this month.

Did he discuss what to do for your next cycle, if there is one!

Never, I am so sorry, I know how devastating that can be! Perhaps your dr is right and you will get pg this month.

No. He hasn't told me the plan for the next cycle yet. I think he wants me to be optimisitic about the IUI Saturday, but with my last 3 IUI's I had 9-10 follicles on each ovary that measured anywhere from 18.5-20 :nope:

I know, it only takes one :thumbup:

Oh Angie, I am so sorry :hugs: Darn this process for not doing what we want it to do. Life can be so unfair sometimes. Maybe this next IUI will do the trick?

No. He hasn't told me the plan for the next cycle yet. I think he wants me to be optimisitic about the IUI Saturday, but with my last 3 IUI's I had 9-10 follicles on each ovary that measured anywhere from 18.5-20 :nope:

I know, it only takes one :thumbup:

Just try and keep your head up! At least your doctor has a plan in place for next cycle BUT you wont need it!!!!

Az, they loo GREAT!! Fingers crossed!!

Kelly, Happy Birthday to your little guy tomorrow!

Thank you MrsC. . . it's hard to have gained the weight. There are so many people who don't know what I'm doing that have asked if everything is ok because of it. It makes it tough. I don't want to explain too much right now because Its too hard to explain everytime it doesn't work. So, instead everyone just things I've gotten fat. :o)

Sorry to hear about the weight gain. I'm sure its hard when no one knows whats going on.

TTC- I am doing ICSI. Today's u/s went great. Whole bunch 14-20mm - so retrieval is set for tomorrow morning:) excited.

Anyone have any info/tips for before or after retrieval? Anything I should know? thanks ladies:)

Good luck tomorrow!

Hi ladies

Wow it took me an age to catch up on everyone's posts!!

Congrats to everyone who has their bfp already!

As for me... Got my ER tomorrow morning. I've got 20 follicles so really hopeful to get lots of eggs and a good fertilisation report :)

My first ICSI ended in early mmc so really hopeful this is my turn :)

Baby dust to all

Pink xxx

Good luck to you tomorrow!

Lindsay. I work as a teacher so I'm on my summer break at the moment soi won't be going back for another 3 weeks. When I had my first ivf in feb I had my ET on the sat and stayed off work until the Wednesday.

Michelle - I remember you from my last cycle. We're cycling again together :) I really hope we get better luck this time :)

I remain positive as always

Pink xxx

Hi there Pink :hi: I remember you too :) Hopefully the second time is a charm for both of us!!

The nurse just left me a message and said either Monday or Tuesday will be ER. The doctor probably won't consider my 18mm since the others are behind that and seem to be more in sync with each other! I HATE the waiting!!!

Monday or Tuesday will be here before you know it. You are almost there! Just think... that means you trigger in 2 or 3 days! :thumbup:

Just got back from my U/s this morning... The doctor said everything looked good and he estimated trigger on Saturday and ER on Monday but might get pushed to Tuesday as well. The largest was 17mm which several others between 14mm and 12 mm.

Yay for almost being finished!

The pineapple thing isan idea that it helps make the uterus more receptive. Pineapple has a natural meat tenderizer in it, and this is concentrated at the core, so you can eat the whole thing, but many ladies just eat the core. There is an old folk thing about getting too much vitamin c when your TTC, so keep that in mind (like don't eat 6 pineapples in one day).

:happydance: that is a great report! Do you know how many you will be putting back?

Sad, sad day Just got back from my scan and they have cancelled my IVF cycle for this month and have converted it to IUI. I trigger toninght. BD tonight and IUI Saturday morning. :cry:

I only had 3 follicles. 2 on the right that were 19 and one on the left that was 18.5 my lining is 8.5. The Dr says not to worry now we know what we need to do for the next cycle, that he says I wont even need because I'm gonna get lucky with my 4rth IUI...NOT. So hard to be optimistic. :nope:

I just don't get it? Was it over suppression from the birth control..Dr says no, but dang before with my clomid and IUI cycles I had 9-10 follicles on each ovary..

~Angie

:hugs: I'm so sorry to hear this. I imagine it is very hard for you. Don't give up though. There is a good chance this IUI will work. I have everything crossed for you. Maybe the extra meds will do the trick for you and you will get your bfp in 2 weeks. :flower:

Az, they loo GREAT!! Fingers crossed!!

Kelly, Happy Birthday to your little guy tomorrow!

Thank you MrsC. . . it's hard to have gained the weight. There are so many people who don't know what I'm doing that have asked if everything is ok because of it. It makes it tough. I don't want to explain too much right now because Its too hard to explain everytime it doesn't work. So, instead everyone just things I've gotten fat. :o)

Sorry to hear about the weight gain. I'm sure its hard when no one knows whats going on.

Good luck tomorrow!

Hi ladies

Wow it took me an age to catch up on everyone's posts!!

Congrats to everyone who has their bfp already!

As for me... Got my ER tomorrow morning. I've got 20 follicles so really hopeful to get lots of eggs and a good fertilisation report :)

My first ICSI ended in early mmc so really hopeful this is my turn :)

Baby dust to all

Pink xxx

Good luck to you tomorrow!

Lindsay. I work as a teacher so I'm on my summer break at the moment soi won't be going back for another 3 weeks. When I had my first ivf in feb I had my ET on the sat and stayed off work until the Wednesday.

Michelle - I remember you from my last cycle. We're cycling again together :) I really hope we get better luck this time :)

I remain positive as always

Pink xxx

Hi there Pink :hi: I remember you too :) Hopefully the second time is a charm for both of us!!

The nurse just left me a message and said either Monday or Tuesday will be ER. The doctor probably won't consider my 18mm since the others are behind that and seem to be more in sync with each other! I HATE the waiting!!!

Monday or Tuesday will be here before you know it. You are almost there! Just think... that means you trigger in 2 or 3 days! :thumbup:

Just got back from my U/s this morning... The doctor said everything looked good and he estimated trigger on Saturday and ER on Monday but might get pushed to Tuesday as well. The largest was 17mm which several others between 14mm and 12 mm.

Yay for almost being finished!

:happydance: that is a great report! Do you know how many you will be putting back?

~Angie

:hugs: I'm so sorry to hear this. I imagine it is very hard for you. Don't give up though. There is a good chance this IUI will work. I have everything crossed for you. Maybe the extra meds will do the trick for you and you will get your bfp in 2 weeks. :flower:

Thank you so much. That really means a lot to me. :flower:

I'm so sorry Angie!! That is so hard!! I know it is hard to be optimistic but maybe he is right and this iui will work for you. If not, I'm glad he has a plan for next time.

Oh no Angie, I am so sorry-but best of luck with IUI!

babyonmyown-I was thinking about how to explain weight gain if I do in fact gain a noticable amount of weight! Sorry you are going through this problem now.... :/ However my DH told me when I mentioned my future worry about this that I may get preg. anyway and gain even more weight haha....

afm I had my HCG...OWWWWCHH!!! I almost passed out from the pain...they said my cervix was super hard to find and way back in there...ughh....BUT good news...I did not pass out lol and NO POLYP! Now a mini problem....I still did not get my lupron mailed out to meee =( Soo I need to wait to get a call back from my FS nurse and she is going to update me as to why I have not gotten that mailed....I will be so mad if that ends up delaying as I am to start lupron on Monday so no mail will go out Sundays....

We're doing PGD, so fxed for 1 or 2 normal day 5 blasts

never- im so sorry

almost- ouch, sorry it was difficult but yay it was clear

bomo- i find that i never got asked much when i gain weight just when i lose it...

Never sounds like you had a similar issue as I did, I got some many eggs my first cycle then less then half on my second it was weird. But you could get lucky on your IUI! I know someone who had to convert to IUI (would have been her 8th but this time with the IVF meds since she didn't get a lot of eggs) and what do ya know, she's just had a baby :)

oh i forgot... so on the pineapple thing. the story is apparently that you eat ONLY the core. not the flesh. and you cut it into 5 pieces and eat one a day i think starting after iui (er) ,,, that part i dont quite remember. honestly i think it is another one of the things people do to make them feel more control rather than anything that has any proven efficacy.. but hey it cant hurt right =) and i personally actually like the core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"