IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all - sorry I'm so not "posty," but it's just so hard to keep up with this thread. I do check in from time to time, but can't seem to keep up.

Anyhoo - Never, I'm sorry that happened - happend to me too my first IVF cycle. I switched from BCP to estrogen priming protocol and had a much better response. GL with your IUI and I hope if you have to do another IVF it all works out much better the second time around.

Awe thank you. When do you transfer your babies back? :hugs:

michele- you on lupron? i had a 2nd period a week after the first. apparently it is from the thin lining

kelly- yay

oneof- your sizes sound good to me. they dont want them to grow too fast

lindsay- told ya it isnt that bad. fingers crossed for your fert report

eoe- im sorry.. i just read real quickly through 7 pages *hugs* and good luck to you all

May have spoken too soon lol, Squid. Super sore and can't get comfortable. They gave me Tylenol with Codeine and it's not doing anything. Does it get better the day after retrieval??? Hopefully?

Lindsay, Dont worry that is to be expected. It takes about 6 hours for your follicles to fill back up, and that is why its more uncomfortable now. I found that the pills did nothing for the discomfort, but the heating pad worked miracles. Much better with it. Have the DH go out and get you one right away if you don't have one already.

Lindsay, Dont worry that is to be expected. It takes about 6 hours for your follicles to fill back up, and that is why its more uncomfortable now. I found that the pills did nothing for the discomfort, but the heating pad worked miracles. Much better with it. Have the DH go out and get you one right away if you don't have one already.

Bought one yesterday:) its amazing! Thanks for the feedback. Good to know it will get better soon. Appreciate it:)

When do you transfer?!

Hopefully on Monday. They open the incubator tomorrow to see how the little ones are progressing. They will biopsy everything over 2 cells, even though many of these will likely not progress, but it will give us a good understanding of what my ability to create genetically good embies is. It could also reveal something interesting like lots of genetically normal, but they are the ones that don't progress...

BUT what we're hoping for, of course, is lots of 5-day blasts on Monday that do test genetically normal. And if not lots than please let us have 1 [-o<[-o<[-o<

By the way, I felt much better the morning after ER. Still achey but the swelling was down so it was much more comfortable.

When do you transfer?!

Hopefully on Monday. They open the incubator tomorrow to see how the little ones are progressing. They will biopsy everything over 2 cells, even though many of these will likely not progress, but it will give us a good understanding of what my ability to create genetically good embies is. It could also reveal something interesting like lots of genetically normal, but they are the ones that don't progress...

BUT what we're hoping for, of course, is lots of 5-day blasts on Monday that do test genetically normal. And if not lots than please let us have 1 [-o<[-o<[-o<

By the way, I felt much better the morning after ER. Still achey but the swelling was down so it was much more comfortable.

So excited for you!!! Sending tons of positivity your way!! You had a lot of eggs retrieved like me. I have a good feeling ;) ! Best of luck- keep me updated- I'm right behind you in this process. We are having the genetic testing done too. We are part of a study that's paying for it which is great.
Thanks for the reassuring words- its not very fun right now but I know it's worth it:)

Squid - no I am not doing lupron this time and my lining is 11, which the nurse said was good. It was a very small amount of spotting.

I am feeling better, been resting since I got home...we shall see what tomorrows appt shows.

Lindsay - I made sure to ask for vicoden, cause tylenol does nothing for me either. Maybe ask them to call in a prescription for you?

Michelle- if it's still bad tomorrow I definitely am. Tylenol works on headaches for me. Not this!! Haha. I had a pretty high pain tolerance but I'm not going to e a hero by any means! I'll see how it is when I get up tomorrow.

So I'm feeling a little down because the doctor said this treatment (Lupron & Gonal-F) would be more aggressive, yet I've only produced one egg so we're going from an IVF to an IUI (unless, by some miracle the two other emerging eggs are viable by tomorrow morning). I am a little sad. This cycle has been harder for me than the other two I did last fall (Gonal F and Menopur)--I've been anxious and weepy for weeks (not to mention that I started on the pill and bled for 20 days straight feeling bloated the whole time!). I've gained 7 lbs since starting the Lupron (I log my food daily, so I know it's not from emotional eating), and I'm feeling generally big, uncomfortable, and sad.

I've been one to go with the flow with my previous IUI and IVF attempts, but somehow this one feels more disappointing, and it hasn't even happened yet. Hubby has 100% abnormal morphology, and I may be wrong, but I believe this will adversely affect an IUI.

At any rate, I don't like over-thinking it, but this has been so unpleasant from the shots (they seem worse this time) to the drives in for my blood work and ultrasounds. I will know more tomorrow, and I will try to get my head back to a good place, but I just needed a place to sort of say all of this (and my facebook page did not seem to be the place! LOL).

Thanks for being here. xx

4ever- we are all here for you! I'm so sorry you're feeling down. Did they say why they were going with IUI rather than IVF? My DH has less than 1% morphology so I understand what you mean completely. I'm just wondering what they said their reasoning was.
Keep your head up- you're not alone in this at all!!!
Xoxo

It's because there's only one egg. They said that because it's so delicate and much could go wrong, it's a big risk to do an IVF with just one egg. That was the rationale.

Thanks for your support in this :)

Oh ok I see. Well all fingers and toes crossed for you!!! When are they doing the IUI? And as far as the weight gain I have gained 7lbs myself. It sucks!!!

Trigger likely tomorrow with IUI Monday. Thanks & good luck losing those pesky pounds :)

michele- you on lupron? i had a 2nd period a week after the first. apparently it is from the thin lining

kelly- yay

oneof- your sizes sound good to me. they dont want them to grow too fast

lindsay- told ya it isnt that bad. fingers crossed for your fert report

eoe- im sorry.. i just read real quickly through 7 pages *hugs* and good luck to you all

Thanks squid, I hope so. My e2 came back at 150 today from 60 on Wednesday. I have go into tomorrow just for b/w.

Love the new pics!

4ever, so sorry for your IVF being cancelled, same thing happened to me in June, hopefully your IUI works so you don't have to go through this again. If you do have to do IVF again does your dr have a different protocol?

Michelle, sorry about the bleeding, I'm happy you are feeling better. Did the nurse say what could've caused it? Rest up!

4ever - was this last protocol microdose lupron flare, or was it a long protocol with lupron down reg?

I know for me at age 34 and with AMH of 1, and antral follicle count of 10-15, my RE thinks lupron down reg would be way too suppressive, and I'd likely only wind up with 1 or 2 follicles. She is not a fan of micro-dose lupron flare for me either, and thinks I'd also wind up with few eggs with that protocol. She likes the antagonist protocol for me with estrogen priming first, because even BCP seem to suppressive for me. My first IVF cycle, I had only 3-4 mature follicles so we converted to IUI. We changed the protocol to estrogen priming and we got 12 mature follicles. We ended up having to up my doses of gonal F and low dose hCG to get there, so it was a bit of a rollercoaster, but we did get there in the end. I got 3 blasts, and 2 normals (we had them CCS tested).

As I said earlier today at my day 4 u/s they saw 7 follies all about 5/6mm with a couple of smaller ones. My e2 level came back at 150 up from 60 on Wednesday. I have to go back tomorrow just for b/w. I'm praying my follies have improved at my next u/s and maybe even some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"