IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
i put back two. when they look good and make it to day 5 they dont usually wanna put back more than 2. im 39 too btw

stinas- bfp was 6dp5dt and super faint (i thought it was neg then looked again a few minutes later and saw it wasnt) and that was with twins.

They only let me put back 1 on my 5 day transfer because I am 33. It didn't seem like it even was up for discussion. If it were a 3 day, I think they still would have pushed for just 1 embryo. I think on the guidelines sheet they gave me before my transfer it showed that for late 30's they would do 2 or 3. Not sure though about whether that would be applicable for day 5 transfers, however, because the hospital I go to (in Boston) doesn't typically do day 5 transfers, or at least they don't advertize it! I had to bring it up to my doctor after my ER to see if it was a possibility and he allowed it.

Its amazing how all clinics are different. They never gave me any guidelines on paper; just told me if it was a 5 day, they put 2 back and if I had a 3 day, they would put back 3 or even 4!

Stinas - Yea, the risk of triplets is something to consider, but I think I would risk that over it not working at all. And since I had a cycle already with 2 put back on day 5, and we know only 1 took that ended badly, maybe they would let me do it? Something to definitely think and talk about. I guess it will all depend on my grade of embryos Sunday as well!

Im sure they will let you do it. You pretty much qualify for it(at least at my F center).

They only let me put back 1 on my 5 day transfer because I am 33. It didn't seem like it even was up for discussion. If it were a 3 day, I think they still would have pushed for just 1 embryo. I think on the guidelines sheet they gave me before my transfer it showed that for late 30's they would do 2 or 3. Not sure though about whether that would be applicable for day 5 transfers, however, because the hospital I go to (in Boston) doesn't typically do day 5 transfers, or at least they don't advertize it! I had to bring it up to my doctor after my ER to see if it was a possibility and he allowed it.

Its amazing how all clinics are different. They never gave me any guidelines on paper; just told me if it was a 5 day, they put 2 back and if I had a 3 day, they would put back 3 or even 4!

Stinas - Yea, the risk of triplets is something to consider, but I think I would risk that over it not working at all. And since I had a cycle already with 2 put back on day 5, and we know only 1 took that ended badly, maybe they would let me do it? Something to definitely think and talk about. I guess it will all depend on my grade of embryos Sunday as well!

My RE/FS said he will be putting back 3 :thumbup:

oneof14 - yey super excited for you! :)

Stinas, don't be hard on yourself for testing early - hopeful its negative because you tested early - when is your test date due?

had baseline scan this morning, started on the menopur (2 amps) got another scan next week and hopefully EC will be the week commencing 27th August! so happy and excited! getting closer

just popping in to say FX for you Stinas-still early!!!! =) p.s. totally getting hotflashes from my lupron...think one just finally ended..I was think why am i so darn hot? then i realized....LUPRON! hahaa

Yay Likkle! The 27th will be here before you know it :)

Almost - I have been having hot flashes since I started taking estradiol! I wake up in the middle of the night literally sweating :wacko:

Hi Michelle :wave: - yes, my clinic does 5 day transfers and both times so far, we have put two back in. This try, we have put 3 on the sheet (of course provided all three survive the freeze / thaw), so we are going to have a go with all of our three. I am hoping : third time lucky with three for three :)

Good Luck ladies :hugs:

Almost - I have been having hot flashes since I started taking estradiol! I wake up in the middle of the night literally sweating :wacko:

Michelle - i've been having terrible hot flushes! and I've beeen snapping at lots of people around me on the down reg drugs.

hopefully mood swings will settle down now - poor DH is going thru the wars

Michelle - i've been having terrible hot flushes! and I've beeen snapping at lots of people around me on the down reg drugs.

hopefully mood swings will settle down now - poor DH is going thru the wars

OMGSH I have been so moody too! I totally snapped at dhs best friend who is also a good friend of mine- ahhh it was so unlike me-IDK it must have been the new bcps I have been on...soooo bad!!! I also got so mad at my mom too! :blush:

Hey Stinas,

You are too early really chick, try and wait until at least the weekend before you do it again babe.
I'm hanging in there, hiding in my cave! ...Too scared to test yet, it's all feeling a bit surreal to be honest. I'm going to try and wait until sunday at least.

Take care of yourself cyclebuddy.

Hey all you other beauties, I know I've been a bit detached the last few days, please know that I am stalking you all daily & it is very exciting reading. The one thread guaranteed to make me smile :) and I thank you all for helping me keep some sort of sanity through this. xx

Teapot- think positive- so exciting you just had your transfer! Fingers and toes crossed for you!
Xoxo

Teapot - Thanks....Im mad I tested this early lol I wont again until sat/sun...mon is beta.
Glad to hear you are doing well! Is your beta monday too?

Teapot - Thanks....Im mad I tested this early lol I wont again until sat/sun...mon is beta.
Glad to hear you are doing well! Is your beta monday too?

OTD is Monday, they've just told me to POAS, if it's positive then I can go to the clinic any day for a beta. I don't have to, but I think I would want to if a little miracle 'does' happen.

Off to bed now, when I wake up, it will be 6dp/5dt. Lots of prayers tonight, will send some across the ocean to you. x

One: I know the scanning and waiting game sucks, but you need to trust your RE that they are going to trigger you when it is most optimal for you to get great results. FX that tomorrow is your day!

Michelle: Yeah for 5 day transfer, that is great that all 7 are going strong. My clinic's documents say up to three although they will not do three. They will only do two for ladies over 35. Even though I'm 36 they still tried to convince me to transfer 1 but I refused them and told them I thought this through and don't waste your breath. I got my two. I totally would have done three if they would have let me.

Wantbaby: Good Luck tomorrow! That sucks that your clinic isn't giving you regular updates but it sound like you have some really great embries!

Stinas: Don't get frustrated all results are different for BFP. I read through many peoples blogs and studied the first page like MrsC suggested to you and I was determined that I would know by day 6 after ET. Now I was using two kinds of tests and on my IC's the 5dp5dt was a BFN and then 30 mins later I saw a shadow of a line so I did a First Response test using the same urine and got a definite BFP. With my other tests it took days before they were clear BFP. Keep your chin up you still have time to get a BFP. :hugs:

Likklegemz: Yeah for getting started. Not long for you to be PUPO.

Teapot: TWW totally sucks, I think it's great if you can make it without driving yourself nuts with testing. If you do on Sunday I hope you get a BFP!

Michelle, stinas, etc- how long did dh abstain for before your egg retrieval?

My dh did 60 hours... We have a lot of "practice" at this since he has near azo and we visited the clinic several times to leave backup sample and it seemed to be best at 60 hours.

michelle01 - I know exactly how you feel, having a previous makes it very hard to get excited when you get another positive. Even seeing doubling betas I don't think I would be comfortable til I hit that 12 week mark. Yay for having a 5 day transfer!

ashknowsbest - 10dpo is still pretty early, don't lose hope. At least you have a timeframe for when you'll be moving to ivf, I find it makes it easier knowing when things are happening. October will be here before your know it!

oneof14 - daily scans and bw, you poor thing, I bet your glad your triggering tomorrow :)

wantbabysoon - that sounds promising, good luck for tomorrow!

Stinas - sorry you got a bfn, have you tried at different times of the day? My smu tests were always stronger than fmu tests. Try to remember it is still early days yet.

teapot - try to keep yourself busy, it can make the days go faster! Good luck for your testing on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back