IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, almost- and it is good that they will keep you occupied and your mind off everything:)

Absolutely!!! They'll just be making you smile even more than you will be very shortly;)

jchic - Thank you!!!

teapot - The expense is just crazy. Its a shame insurance does not cover it all the time. I dont blame you for needing some time. Since we have one frozen its only going to be around 5k, so its not as bad as the almost 20k we just spent. If we didnt have that we would have no choice to wait, its just too much too soon.
Ten years! Congrats! You need and deserve a vacation!
I think I am leaning towards a natural af and when the second af comes ill do the FET. I really want to flush all the crap out, plus I was not much of a fan of the BCP's. They made my 34C boobs into 34DD sensitive knockers....not too fun.
Going away is going to be perfect for you! We went away right before we started IVF and it was nice, but now I need another one lol

drsquid - Sorry! I know how it is having a headache and stuck spending it in front of a computer...it makes it 10x worse!

4everyoung - Good luck!

MrsC - Thanks! We will be fine....we have been together for 11yrs now(Married a little over 2)....so we have been through a lot...this is just one more thing added to the cake. He just had his hopes up too high I guess. Now hes just pissed I didnt let him go down to AC lol So now I am the bad guy! Go figure....men are such babies!

Hey ladies, I will do personals later as I'm still a little loopy.

Stinas, I'm am so sorry :hugs:

Nikki, congrats.

AFM, ER was this morning they retrieved 8 eggs. Not sure if all are mature I will know more tomorrow. I'm so nervous about the fetilization update. I feel fine, a little bloated and tired.

Yay for eight eggies

Oneof14- yay to your 8 eggs! Sorry I have been Mia. Can't wait to gear the report! GL darlin!
I just wanted to pop into this thread and say hi to everyone and also ask if any of you are under 30 and have been diagnosed with premature ovarian failure and if so, why the drs thought it had happened to you. I know this thread has a ton of IVF women who might have the same situation as me but with 500+ pages to go through, I thought I'd try asking first.
:) my dr has said egg donors are my best bet. I'd like to try with my own first if I can. Anyone have any related stories?
Best of luck to all of you!

Phantom710 - I couldn't imagine how much pressure you are putting on yourself, it must be so hard! You are doing such an amazing thing! Mr wandy, I like it, much better than calling it dildo cam lol :)

ashknowsbest - sorry your iui didn't work! Your getting so close to ivf, but I still hope you get a sneaky BFP before that :)

nikkifrank - congratulations! That beta looks great

Likklegemz - glad everything is going well. I'll be hopefully having my EC that week too.

Stinas - I'm so so sorry that this cycle didn't work for you, big :hugs:

bubumuci - glad they found out what is happening, hope hubby starts feeling better soon

oneof14 - yay for 8 eggies, hope your recovering well from ER

jchic - good luck for ER tomorrow!

4everyoung - fx for you

Afamilygal - welcome back.

AFM - picked up my med today and start injecting tomorrow. I'm back on 150iu of puregon (same as my first cycle) with the addition of omnitrope (hgh) from day 7. My first scan is on day 9 and they are thinking ER will either be day 11 or 13. Yay, I'm so happy to be finally starting this cycle, it seems like forever since my last attempt.

Nikki - huge congrats!!! Wishing you a wonderful 9 months! When is your first scan?

Hiccups - good luck with your sono today!

Jchic - good luck at your ER today! Hope they get lots of lovely eggs!

Likkle - glad the health centre was able to put your mind at ease. Won't be long now til the 27th!

Oneof - congrats on your 8 eggs! Looking forward to your update!

DrS - :hugs: Hope you're feeling a bit better today.

4ever - sending you lots of :dust: Enjoy poas!

Almost - I'll be going through everything during my first weeks back at school too. In fact my down reg scan was supposed to be on my very first day back :wacko: Ended up postponing the start of my injections by one day so that it's moved to the second day back instead. Still not ideal but not much I can do about it. Very unsure about what kind of time of to take for ER/ET...have you decided what you're going to do?

Familygal - :hi: We have male factor problems so can't help u I'm afraid but just wanted to wish you the best of luck!

Ash - :hugs: it must be so frustrating having to keep going thru IUI when you are ready to move on to IVF. I hope your wait passes quickly :coffee:

Stinas - :hugs: So sorry hon. I think you've made a good decision re your FET. Will be sending you lots of :dust:

Teapot - :hugs: to you too hon. So sorry. Enjoy arranging your holiday with dh - you definitely deserve it.

TTB - I have my down reg scan the same day as your day 9 scan so hopefully I won't be too far behind you!

Afm, day 2 of injections went without a hitch. DH says I'd make a good junkie :haha: Have my down reg scan on the 30th so hopefully will be on track to start stimms then! :happydance:

Who else is looking at ER/ET in early-mid Sept? I know there's a few of us but there's so much going on in here that it's easy to lose track and miss someone!:wacko:

Girls, I'm just wondering how much time you all took (or are planning to take) for ER and ET?

I will be back at school when all the appointments start and we don't get any extra annual leave days other than school holidays so I will need to take sick leave. Will probably go back to work the day after ET but really unsure as to how much time off I'll need after ER... If I have a dr certificate I will be entitled to substitute cover but the guidelines from my fertility clinic says that I will only need the actual day of ER off work so not sure if they'll be prepared to write me a cert for extra days. So do I go to my regular gp? If so do I go before ER and get signed out in advance or do I have to actually wait til after the ER when I'm "sick"?! Sorry if these are quite silly questions but I've never had to have any certified sick leave from school so this is all totally new to me! It will be far easier for my principal to arrange substitute cover if I know in advance what's going on so I'd like to get it all clear in my head before we start back next week. Although I know all my dates could change in an instant if I have to do more/less days stimming etc

It's all just sooooo confusing, it's making my head spin!!!! :wacko:

Girls, I'm just wondering how much time you all took (or are planning to take) for ER and ET?

I will be back at school when all the appointments start and we don't get any extra annual leave days other than school holidays so I will need to take sick leave. Will probably go back to work the day after ET but really unsure as to how much time off I'll need after ER... If I have a dr certificate I will be entitled to substitute cover but the guidelines from my fertility clinic says that I will only need the actual day of ER off work so not sure if they'll be prepared to write me a cert for extra days. So do I go to my regular gp? If so do I go before ER and get signed out in advance or do I have to actually wait til after the ER when I'm "sick"?! Sorry if these are quite silly questions but I've never had to have any certified sick leave from school so this is all totally new to me! It will be far easier for my principal to arrange substitute cover if I know in advance what's going on so I'd like to get it all clear in my head before we start back next week. Although I know all my dates could change in an instant if I have to do more/less days stimming etc

It's so hard trying to plan leave, that was a very stressful part of the process for me. I only ever took the day off for ER, went back to work the day after, although I have a desk job. I called in sick that day. For ET I went to work in the morning and left early for the transfer, I just told work I had an appt.

Hey Everyone...

Just had my first round of IVF. (August)

Eggs collected: 9
Eggs Fertilised: 2
Quality: V Good / 8 Cell & 6 Cell
Transfer: 3 Day & 1 8 Cell Embryo
Other Embryo being taken to blastocyst and will freeze if survives

Having accupuncture to keep me calm. I am feeling a bit rough after it all, which I didn't expect. I feel exhausted and terrible cramps/wind.

So now begins the brutal 2ww!! :wacko:

Broody- I was still on summer break during mine but seeing how it went, ideally I would have taken day of ER and day after for sure. I would have also taken the day of ET off. I would say you would NEED more time for ER simply because you will be sore and uncomfortable whereas the day of ET is just for taking it easy so your eggies can settle (I wasnt sore at all after transfer). That's based off of what I personally just went through, but if I were to do this process again during the school year, that's what I would do.

Jaq- congrats!!! I'm waiting right along with you :)

See my problem is similar. I am a brand new teacher too, so I am worried my boss is going to hate me and fire me!! haha. I only have 10 days to take off from work-and am needing to take 3 off already for winter vacation as I am flying very far out of the country to see DH's parents. So that leaves me with 8 days for end of Aug-end of June! I am assuming I will need to have to take the day of ER and day of ET off leaving me with only 6 days for the school year, maybe 5 if I need to call in sick the day after ER if I am not feeling well-horrid!! BUT there is a chance our days could fall on a Sat or Sun....my dh works Sunday, but we would rather it be on his work day than mine as he has been with his company a lot longer and his boss already knows our situation. There is also a holiday on Monday during the time I may be having ER or ET so I am just hoping to luck out!! :thumbup: Everything will work out-our work has to understand!! Especially in our line of work working with children :flower:

Girls sorry to change subject having a breakdown and need advice!!

As you know the HC put me on 2 powders plus 1 water, and that I had some heavy bleeding over the weekend. The scan showed that there was good womb lining at this stage, and that they could see follicles but did a blood test to be on he safe side

Anyway they've phoned me now and said they're gonna up the does to 5 powders of Menpur plus one and a half water.she asked if I had any questions and India properly loads but couldn't think of anything. Anyway called them bak at 4:35 on hold for 10 minutes then cut off, tried calling back an they're now closed

So worried why has this happened and what does it mean? My AMH is slightly lower than average for my age 19 as opposed to 21, an other than the blocked tubes theres nothing else wrong! Should I be worried, will we be ok to continue? Will it mean we'll have a poor response with our eggs??? Have got a planned scan for Friday feel like I'm having a breakdown now been crying since I couldn't get thru!

Girls sorry to change subject having a breakdown and need advice!!

As you know the HC put me on 2 powders plus 1 water, and that I had some heavy bleeding over the weekend. The scan showed that there was good womb lining at this stage, and that they could see follicles but did a blood test to be on he safe side

Anyway they've phoned me now and said they're gonna up the does to 5 powders of Menpur plus one and a half water.she asked if I had any questions and India properly loads but couldn't think of anything. Anyway called them bak at 4:35 on hold for 10 minutes then cut off, tried calling back an they're now closed

So worried why has this happened and what does it mean? My AMH is slightly lower than average for my age 19 as opposed to 21, an other than the blocked tubes theres nothing else wrong! Should I be worried, will we be ok to continue? Will it mean we'll have a poor response with our eggs??? Have got a planned scan for Friday feel like I'm having a breakdown now been crying since I couldn't get thru!

They adjusted my shot amounts several times throughout my IVF process depending on the results of my bloodtests. I would just follow procedure as they said tonight and call them tomorrow to ask any questions you may have. I'm sure they have good reason to adjust your meds. Deep breath :)

Likklegemz - Doctors adjust the protocol everyday. Don't worry... the doctors know what is best... trust them and try to take it easy.

Lindsay - How you feeling?

AFM, I am feeling much better but still bloated... other than that no other symptoms.

Likklegemz - Doctors adjust the protocol everyday. Don't worry... the doctors know what is best... trust them and try to take it easy.

AFM, I am feeling much better but still bloated... other than that no other symptoms.

Hey! I'm feeling good. Slept good last night finally but tired today anyway lol. My bloating is minimal. Is yours better? Weight better?

Hey! I'm feeling good. Slept good last night finally but tired today anyway lol. My bloating is minimal. Is yours better? Weight better?

Bloating is better than yesterday but weight went up further.. So I am a little worried and left a message for my doctor...

Got my calender and all my appointments yesterday. Meds are supposed to be coming today in the mail! I was hoping for an estrogen patch, but I'll be doing injections.

Med List:

Estradiol Valerate (inject)
Estrace (tablet)
Endometrin: vag capsule
Progesterone Ethyl Oleate (inject)
Medrol Dosage Pack

Any tips/comments on any of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts