IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bubu, :hugs: I am sorry, I hope you get some good news on Monday.

Lulu, we just had that discussion w/my dr about ICSI, he seems to think that we might have a better success rate w/out it, which I was surprised to hear. But first he wants to do a DNA Fragmentation SA.

Jess, great beta

Jenn, congrats on the twins.. such good news!

Almost, 10 eggs are great!

Sorry if I have forgotten anyone, I wish you all the best.

Oh well I really hope they get whatever is wrong figured out so you can get your baby!

I didn't get my antiobiotics, the nurse really wanted me to try and flush it out of my system by drinking lots of fluids before going in so she said to try until Friday and if it's not better by then to go in .. so tomorrow is the day ... we'll see how it goes! Thanks for asking!

One - glad you were able to go the doc and get some answers at least. Are you on COq10? try taking 900 a day (I took 3 300 pills a day) along with your dhea. Its also supposed to help tremendously with egg quality and my RE recommended it to me along with the dhea. These supplements take at least 60 days to kick in, so doing a cycle in Nov is perfect because you will really see the difference with it. Also, are you on baby aspirin? Try a low dose regimen of 81mcg a day....it helps promote blood flow to the uterus. I think taking this time to relax and focus on you will certainly help. Nov will be here before you know it and you will be having a baby come summertime.

Ugh, ash, I am so sorry, hopefully this is the month you get your BFP.

Jess, I've been on coq10 for a while now. I took baby asprin w/my IUI's but I found out that I have a blood disorder where I have to be on lovonx shots (blood thinners), the nurse told me that baby asprin will not help me. But I can try it for the next 2 months on my own. I am also continuing w/acupunture, but for now only 1x a week instead of 2x. Thanks for your support through this I really appreciate it!!! xoxo

Lulu: My RE didn't recommend ICSI for us and we decided not to pay the extra money. We had 4 eggs and 3 fertilized so I don't know if all 4 would have made it if we had paid the extra. I see you had 5 and 2 fertilized so I think I'd be tempted to do 50/50, is that less money?

One: It sounds like your RE is going to find the right protocol for you. I'm glad that you are going to do another cycle in November. We will all be here cheering you on. Enjoy your TTC break.

MrsC: It's a scan that can only be done in one Hospital in my province. They do a nuchal translucency measurement and an Integrated Maternal Serum Test. It calculates the chance of several chromosome problems. I haven't met with my OBGYN yet so I don't know exactly what is covered or how long it takes. I know they said I won't need to test for down syndrome because I am having this.

Ash ~ That medication is very safe in pregnancy so it should be ok in the TWW. I hope you're feeling better today and don't need any meds.

Haj ~ Congrats on boy/girl twins!! That's perfect!

TTB ~ I'm so sorry:hugs:

Bubu ~ I'm sorry :hugs:.. I hope your second test is higher!

Prayin ~ Yaaay for trigger and ER!!

Jenn ~ I love the pic.. Can't wait for more!

Broody ~ The smaller ones will catch up. Last cycle I started off with about 12 follies and by the end we got 34. You might have to stimm for a day or 2 longer but they will get there. Can't wait for Saturday's update!

Almost ~ 10 is great!! Looking forward to tomorrow's fert report! FX they all fertilize!

Mobaby ~ It looks like we might be triggering really close to each other.. I will probably trigger Tuesday or Wednesday if follies keep progressing at a normal rate.

Jchic ~ That's a good beta! Can't wait to see how many you have!

AFM ~ My scan went well yesterday. Everything is measuring as it should. The nurse called me back with my e2 results yesterday and it was 547 so comparable to last cycle. I have another scan tomorrow which will be day 6 of stimms for me. Also, I started going to my acupuncturist again and had an appointment yesterday which was great. Now I have to make a decision about whether we want to do ICSI or not. My RE doesn't really think we need it but he's leaving the choice up to us. It's an extra $1500 that we don't really have right now but we're willing to do it if it gives us a higher success rate. I am kind of leaning towards doing half ICSI and half natural fert if we get a lot of mature embryos. What would you ladies do?

I would say go for the ICSI if they think it will help. It really is a personal decision though. I have seen some people do half and half but I think that is more to see if there is an issue with the sperm getting into the egg.

Hey Ladies, I met w/my FS and here is the update:

fist off my dr can be a little arrogant and condesending at times, which makes me so mad. He said he was a little concerned about my embryo quality and put me on dhea. He is also putting me on the same long lupron protocol w/out bcp. He also seems to think that w/out doing ICSI we may have a better rate w/more embies going to 5 day blasts. He said because my DH's numbers are so high, he decided to do ICSI because his morphology was a little low. He wants to be be sure that w/out doing ICSI we get the eggs fertilized so hes giving my husband another SA for DNA fragmentation (which insurance doesnt cover). We also took a karyotyping blood test for both to see if we have any chromosomal abnormalities preventing us from becoming pregnant.

He kind of poo-poo'd my concern about autoimmune testing, he said that is more for recurrent miscarriages. I also mentioned a endomtrial biopsy because I heard that if you do that prior to IVF it slightly increases your chances of IVF success. He didnt think it would increase anything, but decided he would do it.

So, in the end, we are going to do another IVF cycle, but not until November. I am going to NOT think about babies and IVF until then. Lets see how that goes.

I'm glad he agree to do some things differently for you. I really hope that November brings you your bfp!

Lulu: My RE didn't recommend ICSI for us and we decided not to pay the extra money. We had 4 eggs and 3 fertilized so I don't know if all 4 would have made it if we had paid the extra. I see you had 5 and 2 fertilized so I think I'd be tempted to do 50/50, is that less money?

One: It sounds like your RE is going to find the right protocol for you. I'm glad that you are going to do another cycle in November. We will all be here cheering you on. Enjoy your TTC break.

MrsC: It's a scan that can only be done in one Hospital in my province. They do a nuchal translucency measurement and an Integrated Maternal Serum Test. It calculates the chance of several chromosome problems. I haven't met with my OBGYN yet so I don't know exactly what is covered or how long it takes. I know they said I won't need to test for down syndrome because I am having this.

Ok that test/scan is a test that scans for your risks of down syndrome along with other things. Of course it doesn't give you a yes or no answer but it does give you a percentage of the risks. Amnio and CVS is offered after the results come back. I will be avoiding those. I can't wait to hear how your scan goes.

Wow ladies!!! I have ONE extremely busy day and there have been 6 pages since my last post!!! I just want to say I have read EVERYONE'S posts and am with all of you. I apologize for not responding personally, but I am STILL doing work at home right now :(. Apparently the program that we revamped 2 years ago at my a school (that I am a part of) is completely changing again to abide by state regulations they are putting into place for our district and guess who is in charge?!!! Ugh.

Anyway- for those of you who got your BFP- are you experiencing daily cramping- sometimes stronger than others? It's on and off but has been pretty on since yesterday...

Linds! I am getting on and off cramps. Some are strong and consistent so dont worry :)

Thanks ladies for your opinions! I think I am leaning to doing half/half just because I want to end up with more embryos. I know that the less that we interfere the better chance the embryo has but I don't want to end up with only 2 not so great quality embryos. I guess I just don't want to wonder what I would've gotten had I done ICSI. It doesn't cost less to ICSI only half the eggs. I guess I will make my final decision when I find out how many mature eggs I have. Thank you so much for all of your support.. You Ladies are really great!!

I am having cramping as well... not strong though.. Sometimes I can't differentiate if it's cramps or just indigestion... not long till you scan!!

Sounds good lulu!

Might be a silly question but...is the day of ER technically "O" day...?? I am trying to figure out if my official tww starts tomorrow or after transfer?

thanks jchic-I can't wait to kind of be in my tww tomorrow then! LOL

Lulu- personal opinion, but if you are thinking of doing 1/2 of them, I would do all of them. I know Some people don't need it, but why not improve your chances? Best of luck!!!

Thanks, J and want!! Feeling good otherwise?!

Almost- transfer starts your 2WW ;) excited?!!

jenn- yeah i can read em so im trying to stay up by the head etc . havent looked since last weds so ill likely take a peek tomorrow. your doc sooo needs a new machine. upside to radiology since we scan all kinds of body parts the machines get updated all the time. that test sounds like the test for downs (and other genetic abnormalities). if your odds are low on those tests then yes cvs or amnio wouldnt be recommended. i decided i wasnt comfortable with an answer of 1 in x chance... so i skipped those tests and decided to just do amnio

bubu- *hugs*

almost- yay 10 .

headaches- i try not to take tylenol but.. it really does seem to help. had a huge headaches again this am when i got stuck in traffic for 45 min trying to go 3 miles (and there are no other exits so you are trapped).

being open - when i first started i had to cut my mom off from the convo cause she kept talking about "the baby" and i kept saying, there is no baby yet. and at that point i didnt htink it would be difficult. she was hurt but it was easier for me . we came to an understanding and now she is making me slightly crazy but in a good way cause she is sooo excited

lulu- i did icsi. my doc recommended it cause i was using frozen sperm but.. given how much you are already paying it seems worth ensuring you get as many embryos as possible.

jchic- other than headaches and food being meh (ie nothing quite tastes right and i usually LOVE food). id think i was making it all up. im squishier but that is cause im lazier at the gym.

;linds- my cramping seemed to come and go. i swear they had growth spurts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back