IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haj - ME! I start in May (short protocol), just need to wait on AF making an appearance. Last cycle was 61 days :growlmad: but my GP gave me norethisterone to take but didn't need it (AF started the day after I saw doc - typical). I think I'll take the norethisterone to make my cycle the normal 31 days (that's what it is when it behaves!), anyone else used norethisterone??? I'm not sure if I'm allowed to take it so I'll check with the clinic just incase.

Oneof14 - Looks like we could be IVF buddies, my AF should be around 18th or 19th May and on the short protocol so will start stims around then. How exciting!!! :happydance:

Smileykez - My dilemma exactly! My clinic REALLY wants me to only transfer one due to the risk of twins. But I also know that the HFEA want all clinics to reduce their multiple pregnancy rate significantly (££££££££). I'm completely torn, I know the risks of multiple pregnancies (it's my job!!) but feel like I'm willing to take the risk and if I get twins - JACKPOT! I'd be so happy but devastated if I put one in then was BFN.

Anyone else got views on the 1 or 2 question?? Or anyone transferring >2?

Ali xx

Woohoo!!!! We're all going to find out so close together!!! And I feel he exact same way you do about the 2 embryos. i would kick myself if i did one and got a bfn. And even though im sure twins would be more then a handful its something im totally willing to do.

Hi. Any room for a little one?

I'm 36, OH is 31 and we are on ICSI #1 due to male factor. We have been ttc for 27 months. Had one bfp about 12 months ago but sadly ended in mc at 7 wks.

We started our cycle today (day21) with OH giving me my first buserelin injection at 6:45am! Baseline scan is on 7th May. If all goes to plan EC should be during the 3rd week in May!

Good luck to everyone :thumbup:

I'm 36, OH is 31 and we are on ICSI #1 due to male factor. We have been ttc for 27 months. Had one bfp about 12 months ago but sadly ended in mc at 7 wks.

We started our cycle today (day21) with OH giving me my first buserelin injection at 6:45am! Baseline scan is on 7th May. If all goes to plan EC should be during the 3rd week in May!

Welcome:flower: I'm have my ER in the 3rd week of May at well. Did you try anything else before IVF?

Welcome:flower: I'm have my ER in the 3rd week of May at well. Did you try anything else before IVF?

No - we were just advised to go straight for ICSI.

No - we were just advised to go straight for ICSI.

My DH and I are doing that in May as well

Hey ladies first injection done and it was fine didnt feel a thing I have another one tonight then I will be a professional at it lol

Anyone else got views on the 1 or 2 question?? Or anyone transferring >2?

Ali xx

My ideas on transferring one or two go like this... I would much rather put two back. The reason being is because if we only did one and for some reason it didn't work I would always look back and wish we had done two. Yes the chances of twins is high but we have all been trying for so long that it will be worth it.

Welcome :hi: Sorry to hear about your mc. I hope the injection wasn't to bad that early in the morning. I think it's great that your OH is helping you with them.

Hey ladies first injection done and it was fine didnt feel a thing I have another one tonight then I will be a professional at it lol

Yay for the first injection done!!

I feel the same!! I'm 5 days in.

I will be transfering 2 embryo's. I am completely fine with twins. (2 for 1 is priceless, when IVF is the only option, at least for me)

How are your hubby's handling this process. Mine has just been so cute. He has turned into the 9:00 injection police. It's hilarious... then yesterday he comes home with two bags of celery with a big bottle of ranch. I looked at him like wtf... he said I read it helps with sperm production. I laughed so hard, but was tickled at the same time!!

Thanks guys. Well second injection didn't hurt at all and I feel no different. 1st one did hurt slightly and my leg was itchy for most of yesterday.

It's a good job OH is doing my injections, I handed him an empty syringe this morning:dohh:

Well ladies today is the day hubby comes home!!!! :cloud9: Please excuse me if I go MIA for a day or so. I will catch up as soon as I can but I need to make up for lost time with him. :blush:

Hey Ladies!! I'm sorry I had a reply for each one of you but I had typed up the really long reply 3 times and it would get deleted before I posted it because my ipad decided to be stupid. I gave up on trying to type it up again! :nope:

Well, I received my meds today.. I am super excited!!!!! I start the injections tomorrow and then I have an appointment on wednesday to check on the follies (hopefully lots of them). :happydance:

Well ladies today is the day hubby comes home!!!! :cloud9: Please excuse me if I go MIA for a day or so. I will catch up as soon as I can but I need to make up for lost time with him. :blush:

Yaaaay for hubby coming home!! You are more than excused. :winkwink:

Lulu- good luck with meds. Hoping to join you very soon! Super exciting!! Xx

I feel the same!! I'm 5 days in.

I will be transfering 2 embryo's. I am completely fine with twins. (2 for 1 is priceless, when IVF is the only option, at least for me)

How are your hubby's handling this process. Mine has just been so cute. He has turned into the 9:00 injection police. It's hilarious... then yesterday he comes home with two bags of celery with a big bottle of ranch. I looked at him like wtf... he said I read it helps with sperm production. I laughed so hard, but was tickled at the same time!!

Yeah that's me 3 injections down now doesn't bother me anymore just do it now without thinking last nights one was slightly stingy apart from that it's been great.

Yeah hubby been great he is diabetic and injects himself everyday so he knows what I'm going through.

I will keep track of how u are doing

Hey Ladies!! I did my first injection (menopur) this morning. I took me a few minutes to be able to poke myself but didn't feel the poke once I finally did it. The medication burned a little but nothing too bad. I'm looking forward to my second injection (weird.. right?). I'm really excited for Wednesday's appointment to see how the follies are doing.

DancingDiva and Alscreetch ~ It's really exciting that we're all on the stims already. I think it'll go a little quicker from this point on.

Hi lulu,

My son was conceived on second round of clomid almost three years ago. Since then I have had an ectopic pregnancy and a miscarriage.

I had 6 rounds of clomid but my periods were so so light and I think my lining was too thin. Anyway onwards and upwards.

Xx

ok i just want to go away for the next couple of months. this wait is killing me! in 3 wks i start bcp but have to take them for 42 days! this feels like an eternity. all i do is think about ivf my next cycle and is it going to work, etc.. i put a countdown on my phone which helps some. im going to ask if i can be moved up 1 wk so ec is 1st wk instead of 2nd wk in july. how can i get my mind off all this? lulu how u doing w/menopur? that stuff burns!did you down reg with anything or straight to stims after bcp?

oh i wanted to add: this is my last chance week to have natural bfp....scheduled to ovuate thursday/friday....i am praying it will happen but also know i cant be disappointed if it doesnt. so here goes nothing :) miracles can happen, right? it only takes 1!

Hi lulu,

My son was conceived on second round of clomid almost three years ago. Since then I have had an ectopic pregnancy and a miscarriage.

I had 6 rounds of clomid but my periods were so so light and I think my lining was too thin. Anyway onwards and upwards.

Xx

I'm so sorry to hear about your ectopic and miscarriage. The doctor can't give you anything to help with the lining instead of having to go the IVF route?

ok i just want to go away for the next couple of months. this wait is killing me! in 3 wks i start bcp but have to take them for 42 days! this feels like an eternity. all i do is think about ivf my next cycle and is it going to work, etc.. i put a countdown on my phone which helps some. im going to ask if i can be moved up 1 wk so ec is 1st wk instead of 2nd wk in july. how can i get my mind off all this? lulu how u doing w/menopur? that stuff burns!did you down reg with anything or straight to stims after bcp?

oh i wanted to add: this is my last chance week to have natural bfp....scheduled to ovuate thursday/friday....i am praying it will happen but also know i cant be disappointed if it doesnt. so here goes nothing :) miracles can happen, right? it only takes 1!

July will be here before you know it. Take this time to your advantage. Maybe you can work on getting your body in better shape whether it be exercise or eating healthier or both. I really pray that you get a natural BFP!!
As for the menopur, it does burn but it's not horrible. I injected the medication slowly so maybe it helped a little. I still felt the burning but it's very bearable. Regarding the stims, I did BC for 10 days and then stopped it for 5 days and went straight to stims after the 5 days. I'm doing the antagonist protocol, I think it's the shortest of all protocols (Thank God).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->