IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from my uterine mapping!!! Obviously them doing the mapping and taking measurements didnt really hurt too much but them taking the biopsy definitely wasn't comfortable. Aside from that the worst part was having my bladder full. I thought I might die lol:dohh: So now I play the waiting game for ten days till my next doctor appt on May 4th. On the 4th we do my baseline sono and bloodwork and then as long as I get the A-Ok, I start stims that night. Until then I just keep up with my lupron shots and they said I should get my period within the next few days...hopefully its the last one for 9 months:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Glad to hear the mapping wasn't too painful! This may sound dumb, but is that the same to a "sounding"? I have my suppression check ultrasound and "sounding" appt. on Friday and don't know what to expect from the sounding. Anyone know?

Back from my uterine mapping!!! Obviously them doing the mapping and taking measurements didnt really hurt too much but them taking the biopsy definitely wasn't comfortable. Aside from that the worst part was having my bladder full. I thought I might die lol:dohh: So now I play the waiting game for ten days till my next doctor appt on May 4th. On the 4th we do my baseline sono and bloodwork and then as long as I get the A-Ok, I start stims that night. Until then I just keep up with my lupron shots and they said I should get my period within the next few days...hopefully its the last one for 9 months:happydance::happydance::happydance:

So exciting! It's all happening :flower:

Its so hard to believe!!!

Can anyone tell me how long it took your clinic to obtain authorization from your insurance comany to approve IVF. Was it just like a day for them to get it or much longer? Thanks

Bluestorm - I actually asked them to get approval for my IVF on my very first visit (even though we were just doing an IUI), I wanted to make sure we were covered, so that when we finally decided to do IVF after 3 failed IUI's it was just a recap. I beleive when they did approve it, it only took about 3 days (and that was because the person dealing with it from my clinic was out)

Haj - What is the purpose of the uterine mapping and what was the biopsy for?

Hi everyone!

Well I'm back from London - had a great time! Got our IVF paperwork today but now I'm really confused cos I'm on the standard protocol! They told me the short protocol but don't know if that's the same thing? VERY confused! I start Buserelin injections on day 21 of my NEXT cycle.... BUT I'm on day 7 today and my last cycle was 61 days so I'm begging them to let me start on this cycle (8th May start Buserelin). Think they'll let me...???? I really hope so, can't bear to wait any longer, especially now that I know I have couple of weeks until day 21! Oh the stress! Also got a leaflet about elective single embryo tranfer - still unsure about that one.

How is everyone doing? What have I missed?

Ali xx

Can anyone tell me how long it took your clinic to obtain authorization from your insurance comany to approve IVF. Was it just like a day for them to get it or much longer? Thanks

Well it took them like 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to get an original answer from my insurance company but as you all know they drove me crazy lol

Bluestorm - I actually asked them to get approval for my IVF on my very first visit (even though we were just doing an IUI), I wanted to make sure we were covered, so that when we finally decided to do IVF after 3 failed IUI's it was just a recap. I beleive when they did approve it, it only took about 3 days (and that was because the person dealing with it from my clinic was out)

Haj - What is the purpose of the uterine mapping and what was the biopsy for?

Uterine Mapping is like a mock transfer. He pretty much does what he will do that day and takes measurements of everything he used...how far he went in..etc. And they do a biopsy just to check our your lining and make sure everything is ok with it.

Hey Ladies!!

I hope all you wonderful ladies are doing well. I had an appointment with my RE today to check how the stims are working. It was supposed to be for tomorrow but since I called them yesterday after only one day of stims and told them that I could already feel my ovaries, my RE decided he wanted to see me today instead. He wanted to make sure I'm not showing any signs of hyperstimulation. He did an ultrasound and said everything is the way he wants it to be. He said it's too early to really check follies but he did anyways. He counted about 6 in my right ovary and 7 in the left and he wrote down some of the measurements of them. He also did a blood test to check estrogen and that comes back tomorrow. I go back in on friday for another look at the follies. I wasn't expecting to see 13 or 14 follies this early on with the stims. I am super excited!! :happydance:

Hey lulu sounds good, looks like everything is doing what is should be. I'll look toward to your update on Friday.

Hey Ladies!!

I hope all you wonderful ladies are doing well. I had an appointment with my RE today to check how the stims are working. It was supposed to be for tomorrow but since I called them yesterday after only one day of stims and told them that I could already feel my ovaries, my RE decided he wanted to see me today instead. He wanted to make sure I'm not showing any signs of hyperstimulation. He did an ultrasound and said everything is the way he wants it to be. He said it's too early to really check follies but he did anyways. He counted about 6 in my right ovary and 7 in the left and he wrote down some of the measurements of them. He also did a blood test to check estrogen and that comes back tomorrow. I go back in on friday for another look at the follies. I wasn't expecting to see 13 or 14 follies this early on with the stims. I am super excited!! :happydance:

Sounds good! Hoping that you get a great report on Friday, It's amazing how fast your body reacts to the meds

Hey ladies! I'm finally coming out of hiding :haha:

I hope you are all doing well. CD 1 for me today so I called the clinic and I will be going in for my baseline testing tomorrow. I'm excited to be getting started but dreading the u/s :wacko: Also hubby goes into the urologist tomorrow. The only down side is our appointments are so far apart from each other so we will have to find something to do for 4 hours. It's about a hour drive from home so it wouldn't really be worth it to drive back and forth.

I will try to get caught up on here today. If anyone has any updates they would like me to add to the first page please let me know. :flower:

Hey ladies! I'm finally coming out of hiding :haha:

I hope you are all doing well. CD 1 for me today so I called the clinic and I will be going in for my baseline testing tomorrow. I'm excited to be getting started but dreading the u/s :wacko: Also hubby goes into the urologist tomorrow. The only down side is our appointments are so far apart from each other so we will have to find something to do for 4 hours. It's about a hour drive from home so it wouldn't really be worth it to drive back and forth.

I will try to get caught up on here today. If anyone has any updates they would like me to add to the first page please let me know. :flower:

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about CD 1, but I'm sure you are ready to get things rolling for the next phase. Hope you and hubby had a good reunion! :winkwink:

Glad to hear the mapping wasn't too painful! This may sound dumb, but is that the same to a "sounding"? I have my suppression check ultrasound and "sounding" appt. on Friday and don't know what to expect from the sounding. Anyone know?

Im not really sure what a sounding is. Sorry!!

Hey Ladies!!

This may sound dumb but what to you mean you could feel your ovaries?

Welcome back Mrs. C! So happy your hubby is home and glad you are getting started with cd 1. Yaya!

Wow this thread is really busy, might take me a while to catch up :)

I'm still waiting for AF, don't know when I'm due or even if I've ovulated yet. I have been temping but it's been all over the place, so I have no idea. The clinic called the other day and said my meds are all ready to be picked up, grrr only time I would ever wish for AF to arrive :/

I don't know how you girls manage it on a long cycle, I'm so impatient.

Hey Ladies, AF showed up yesterday as expected. For now I just continue with my Lupron shots and 8 more days till my next doctor appt!!!

Well it's all moving forward, just been to the hospital for my info session, I now know what to do with my injections, got my sharps bin and all of my supplies... 6 day until I start down regging! Eeek! Please work...

Well it's all moving forward, just been to the hospital for my info session, I now know what to do with my injections, got my sharps bin and all of my supplies... 6 day until I start down regging! Eeek! Please work...

Fingers Crossed!!!

Hi ladies! I had consent signing this morning, AF is due in 2 weeks probably. So I guess I am on the June cycle. I was surprised that they out back 3 embryos at my age, it seems a lot. She agreed to do only 2 but now I am rethinking that. Can't wait to get the process started. I will be on Gonal F, will go the slow route due to my response last cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"