IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm - I was never told anything about scents - neither for OP nor for ET... Wasn't allowed make-up, contacts etc. for OP. And DH can't be in there for OP / ET...

I think all the places have different rules. Personally I love the no scents rule. I'm sensitive to perfume under the best of circumstances (I get migraines). Lots of doctors offices etc here have signs requesting you not wear perfume. People often become desensitized to the smell they wear and start putting on way too much. I should have to stand next to you and sniff you to smell it. Heh sorry my little rant. I was allowed to wear contacts for my Er though they said it depended on the anesthesiologist. Mine are extended wear so he said no biggie.

Likkle- I'm sorry. Fingers crossed it was just a day too early

They never said anything to me about contacts but I was told no scents as well. Nurse said eggs and embies don't like them. I'll ask about my contacts for this next time. I agree with you drs... I also get migraines and I don't think people realize how strong their perfume can be. I only have a couple (light) scents I can wear for my own reason plus I find my kiddos at school struggle when people have too much perfume on (parent volunteers).

pardon me, it's really tough keeping up with you guys... this thread moves so fast...
just wanted to update. haven't read anyone's updates- how selfish?
my beta was negative.

that's all.
:cry:

Thx everyone. Yes I've got two in freezer so to speak. Otd tomorrow so have to test again for clinic on that date, can't see anything changing thou. Devestated

Great news that you have 2 frosties! FET will be it for you.

Stinas and Notopt: FX that AF shows up sooner for you guys.

Lulu: Congrats on 20 that's amazing! FX for a great fert report.

Almost: It's good to know that trigger is gone I did the same thing. Don't test for a few days it will be a waste as it is too early. Day 6 to 9 should be a good time to get a BFP.

Christie: Sorry to hear your others didn't progress more but 6 is great! I tested early too since I had cheaply tests. I saved my FRER until 5dp5dt and got a BFP.

Likklegemz: :hugs: Sorry to hear this. Like others have said many people have better results with FET. How long will you have to wait to do it?

MrsC: Love the scans! My next one is at 12w6d so it's great to see what they should look like by then.

Broody: I think most clinics say that because they are scent free, it's not harmful to the embryos or to you.

AFM: I got my Doppler spent probably an hour off and on trying to hear something and no luck. Not sure I it was too early or I just couldn't locate them. Frustrating but I'll keep trying. I know others have heard in week nine so here's hoping. Three more weeks until my next scan :( RE said it would be between 11 to 13 weeks which would be Sept 26 to Oct 10. I was hoping for before Thanksgiving which is Oct 7 so I could tell the family then and feel safe about it. Anyway it looks like I will be telling them anyway since it's the only time everyone will be together until Christmas.

I've had no MS this week either, makes me a bit uneasy but I haven't had any cramps or spotting and my pants decided to unbutton themselves the other day so I think everything is good.

Thank you! They were moving around like crazy... well some of the time. When using the doppler look very low... like pubic bone low and press kinda hard. I didn't hear them until maybe a week and a half ago or two weeks. Try not to worry.

pardon me, it's really tough keeping up with you guys... this thread moves so fast...
my beta was negative.

that's all.

:hugs: I'm so sorry.:( Don't worry about all the updates this thread does move very fast.

Haven't read everyone's updates but I did catch that some people got BFN's ... so sorry :hugs: Keep your heads up!

AFM - I'm getting ready to go out on this BEAUTIFUL day so I don't have time to reply to everyone but ... 2 days until testing! I've been very strong and not tested, I'm proud! :haha: Normally I'm a POASaholic!

Just got my fertilization report! 12 out of 20 were ICSI'd and out of those 9 fertilized. The remaining 8 were co-incubated and so far none have fertilized so I'm really glad we did ICSI. I just hope my babies keep going strong but so far it's much better than last cycle. They did a blood test the day of trigger and the progesterone came back at 3 which is high for the stimming stage. He said it could be a lining issue and we might have to freeze all and do the transfer in a different cycle. I prefer to do that if it means it's a higher chance of implantation. I will get another update tomorrow! I'm still feeling pretty crappy and could barely walk but at least I know now that I'm not tolerating this pain for nothing. I had to sleep sitting upright the whole night because every time I lowered myself I would get sharp pains in my shoulders and it would make breathing more difficult. I'm going to try to get some more sleep now so I will read everything I missed and catch up with everyone later. Good luck to all you wonderful ladies!!

Likkle and Greek - Big Hugs.

Ash - Fingers crossed for you.

MrC - Those are amazing pics!!

jchic - Good luck with your scan tomorrow.

AFM, I can't wait for my scan on Monday. I am just really nervous and hope everything is as expected..

Jen, did you get a neg at 3dpt as well? I did not really test out my trigger per say as last night was the only time I tested since trigger lol

Yes I did. On day 4 there was a faint grey line that appeared well after the normal waiting window. Not enough to call it a positive. And mine were twins so I think most people on here that got BFP's on day 5 and 6 were twins. I tested daily for weeks probably used 25 tests in total I think that qualifies me as a poas addict. I just always went in to the early testing with the mindset that if it is a bfn that it was too early and not to fret over it. It was fun watching he line disappear and then return and gradually get darker.

And Jenn-have fun telling your family! That is something I am looking forward to a lot with my future pregnancy, I already have all these fun ideas in mind!

I haven't really planned how I am going to tell them. They all know that we are doing IVF they just didn't know when we were starting. Last time I saw them was just after I got my positive. They asked lots of questions about the process but failed to ask when we start so I think they will be surprised. What kind of things do you have planned? I love hearing about those kind of cute stories.

ohhh fab,,, i managed to get 5 x

Five is great! I got a big fat goose egg but I wasn't expecting any in the first place.

my beta was negative.

that's all.

:hugs: Sorry greekgirl, I hope you get your BFP next cycle.

Haven't read everyone's updates but I did catch that some people got BFN's ... so sorry :hugs: Keep your heads up!

AFM - I'm getting ready to go out on this BEAUTIFUL day so I don't have time to reply to everyone but ... 2 days until testing! I've been very strong and not tested, I'm proud! :haha: Normally I'm a POASaholic!

So excited for you! I think 6 time was the charm for you, can't wait to hear.

Just got my fertilization report! 12 out of 20 were ICSI'd and out of those 9 fertilized. The remaining 8 were co-incubated and so far none have fertilized so I'm really glad we did ICSI. I just hope my babies keep going strong but so far it's much better than last cycle. They did a blood test the day of trigger and the progesterone came back at 3 which is high for the stimming stage. He said it could be a lining issue and we might have to freeze all and do the transfer in a different cycle. I prefer to do that if it means it's a higher chance of implantation. I will get another update tomorrow! I'm still feeling pretty crappy and could barely walk but at least I know now that I'm not tolerating this pain for nothing. I had to sleep sitting upright the whole night because every time I lowered myself I would get sharp pains in my shoulders and it would make breathing more difficult. I'm going to try to get some more sleep now so I will read everything I missed and catch up with everyone later. Good luck to all you wonderful ladies!!

That's great that you have 9. I hope things work out with this schedule but if freezing is necessary I know a couple others that happened to and they did get a positive.

Great report Lulu! Yeah, it must be a big relief to have done some ICSI now alright! Sounds like you've been very uncomfortable - hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Fx for Monday!

Sounds like it was a great idea to do ICSI! Fx for your 9 embies growing strong!

Likkle and Greek - Big Hugs.

Ash - Fingers crossed for you.

MrC - Those are amazing pics!!

jchic - Good luck with your scan tomorrow.

AFM, I can't wait for my scan on Monday. I am just really nervous and hope everything is as expected..

I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Likkle and Greek- so sorry ladies:( xoxo

Ash- so proud of you that you stuck to your word!!!!

Jchic- always thinking of you and you know they're all positive thought:)

Want- yay for Monday!!!

Lulu- I'm SOOOO glad you did the ICSI! If FET means better results than go for it! :)

Lulu-great report with icsi-I wonder if mine would have not fert. as well without icsi-neat that you know the answer for yourself!!!

jenn thanks so much I feel a little bit back in the preggo game knowing it is still very early testing days...I did good thanks to dh who refused to go to the dollar store with me today, no preggo test for me today!

also jenn-I am hoping to get bfp this cycle of course so I can surprise my family on christmas! I am thinking of sneaking an ornament on there with my ultrasound photo in it-they have such fun ones for pregnancy announcements like little photo frame personalized ornaments! then for my mil and fil, we are flying to their country to visit for christmas and new years so I wanted to show them my possible baby bump with a bow on it or a fun tshirt comming right off the plane!!!

hugs to you greek <3

and you go ash, you are doing GREAT waiting! I think this is it for you FX!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back