IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did my 1st menopur injection about 30 minutes ago and it didnt hurt or sting. Well, not so far anyway. I thought it would as the buserelin itches!
I am on 3 powders to 1 liquid and it seemed to take ages to mix the 3!

im gonna do all my own injections.. the cats just arent catching on

oneof- cetrotide is the same that is what i used (doc wrote for either)

still in a good mood.. this is crazy

:rofl: you just made me laugh out loud at work

MrsC, I did hear back, the nurse told me not to worry, she said by the time I start that med, they will have it in or recommend something else. Thanks for asking.

When is the urologist appt? Next week? It must be so difficult to cramp everything in, as time is limited before your hubby gets deployed again.

Thats great to hear! :thumbup:

We have the urology consult this Thursday. An important meeting with the FS next Thursday. Not sure what will be discussed during that. The TESE biopsy on the 22nd. :wacko: After that we have the injection class on the 29th. We haven't done the IVF intro class yet but I wanted hubby to be here for the injection class. I will do the intro one alone on June 14th. So lots of appointments in a short amount of time. Thank you for asking. :flower:

oneof- cetrotide is the same that is what i used (doc wrote for either)

still in a good mood.. this is crazy

:rofl: Silly cats. You would think they would want to help, they usually like to help with everything else. Well that is if they are anything like my english bulldog. :dohh:

Hang in there MrsC, it hard enough to go through IVF, let alone doing all by yourself. You are very strong and you get your BFP! Fingers crossed that your appt works out great!!!

haj- glad i could do that. my life is somewhat of a comedy/drama etc right now but.. the two cats inability to perform simple tasks continues as usual =)

MrsC-You're strong and amazing and you can handle all of this!!!
DrSquid-dont worry my life is the same way

Thanks ladies, you all are so sweet and it's really nice to have all of you who truly understand what this is like.

Thanks ladies, you all are so sweet and it's really nice to have all of you who truly understand what this is like.

I would go crazy without you ladies:wacko: Because no one in my family or my friends truly understand what going through infertility is like

I did my 1st menopur injection about 30 minutes ago and it didnt hurt or sting. Well, not so far anyway. I thought it would as the buserelin itches!

I'm glad it wasn't bad. :thumbup:

I would go crazy without you ladies:wacko: Because no one in my family or my friends truly understand what going through infertility is like

Same here haj. No one truly understands but then again I don't want to many people to know. The 50 million questions would drive me up the wall.

I'm glad it wasn't bad. :thumbup:

Same here haj. No one truly understands but then again I don't want to many people to know. The 50 million questions would drive me up the wall.

i agree...only my immediate family knows mom, dad, brothers...no aunts, uncles, cousins...even though were super close to them. And my best friend knows

My pup has been handling all my injections, but I've always known dogs were superior to cats! Just more evidence, I suppose. :haha:

In all seriousness though, I've done all my own so far. No problem in the belly, but just wasn't sure I could maneuver the one in my back. I'm sure I'll manage.

Hey Ladies!!

Sorry I went MIA but I hadn't been feeling too well. I was still very bloated from the hyperstim and I was having a hard time taking a deep breath without being in a lot of pain. If I laughed, it felt like I had knives stabbing in my upper chest and shoulders and up into my neck. I was sleeping upright for the past few days. Today I woke up feeling much better with the breathing thing though.

As for the embryos, yesterday another egg had matured but we were still at only one fertilized egg. The fertilized one had fragmentation and was at 4 cells which is somewhat poor quality so he told me that he wanted to do the 3-day transfer which would be today. Even though he didn't have too much home for it, he said we want to put back in it's natural environment to give it the best chance. When I went in this morning, I was happy to hear that the one that matured later fertilized. This one devided into 2 cells very cleanly with no fragmentation so that made me a little happy. The 1st one was still at 4 cells but he said he has seen it happen all the time where they stop deviding for a day and then devide very rapidly after that. Well, we ended up transferring the 2 embryos today. I don't have too much hope for the first one but I have some hope for the second one. Technically the second one was not transferred at 3 days because it only fertilized yesterday. Oh, and I got to bring home a picture of the 2 embryos which is really cool!!

I hope all you ladies are doing well. Thank you for all your support.. you ladies are really wonderful. I will try to do personals later.

Lulu-fingers crossed embryo number 2 steps up. What does fragmentation of an egg mean?

Had our apt. with the new RE today. Dr. was very nice not at all the mean guy I had heard. Long story short, there are some certain levels he wants tested that my previous RE did not have done. He wants me to finishthis packof BC (I have 8 pills left), wait 2 weeks, then go in for the blood work. I am to call the office on CD 1 to schedule anultrasound. He highly suspects I have pcos, but will wait for the results of the bloodwork. What was interesting is he said two of our embryos showed evidence of defragmentation ( one 5%, the other 10%). We were not told this, which upsets me. The previous RE basically told us they were perfect. Also, new RE said Dhs SA was fine, and old RE was all doom and gloom about it. So the new RE is going to order Dhs records from his biologist and my actual HSG films. We also learned he won't be doing another round of ivf until August, which is a bummer. We had really hoped to be able to do another cycle in June or July when we are off school.

I guess I had unrealistic expectations of what today's apt. would be like. I really was hoping we would leave with a clear plan in place. But now its just back to more waiting....

My lupron made me itch too. My menopur is 1 powder and 1 liquid. Mine burnssss though. Are you taking any other stims besides that?

My lupron made me itch too. My menopur is 1 powder and 1 liquid. Mine burnssss though. Are you taking any other stims besides that?

No, just the menopur in the evening and the buserelin in the morning.

s08 - yes, only 1 day 5 blast, none to freeze :( He said it could be egg quality, potentially a chromosomal issue, or even just my response to the drugs. He mentioned that often people that have poor embryo development 1 cycle will have much better development the cycle after, and changing doses slightly will often have a big impact. He has lowered my dose from 150iu to 125iu puregon, i'm also waiting for my chromosomal test results back for DH and I, and really hoping they are ok or I will need PGD which is really expensive!
Interesting re: the no water thing, my clinic advises all patients to drink 1.5-2.5 liters of water during the entire cycle. So confusing! :confused:

Haj - I have started feeling a little pressure in my ovaries, i'm on day 4 of stims. I think that is completely normal. I have also heard ice before the shot helps a lot.

MrsC - Wow, you are going to be one busy lady!

Lulu - Glad you are feeling better and that your embies got transferred today!

Lucie - your new Dr sounds very thorough, sorry it is going to take a while to get going though.

AFM - on day 4 of stims, feeling quite bloated already and a bit tired as well. Have my scan in 5 days and hoping they'll say i'll be good to go.

Hello Ladies...

I have a few questions. This is my first IVF cycle.. I started my meds on monday. I am certainly not used to 3-4 injections a night... as compared to my 1 injection when I was doing IUI'S.

How soon after the embryo transfer can I take a pregnancy test? Will I have a trigger shot this cycle ?

One other question... how many DH's have to produce their sperm sample at the infertility clinic? I feel so stressed fro my hubby. Our past IUI cycles we have been lucky enough to produce it at home and drive it in to the clinic... but.. the IVF clinic prefers to collect there. That seems soo stressful!

Sending baby dust to everyone!! :)

Hello Ladies...

I have a few questions. This is my first IVF cycle.. I started my meds on monday. I am certainly not used to 3-4 injections a night... as compared to my 1 injection when I was doing IUI'S.

How soon after the embryo transfer can I take a pregnancy test? Will I have a trigger shot this cycle ?

One other question... how many DH's have to produce their sperm sample at the infertility clinic? I feel so stressed fro my hubby. Our past IUI cycles we have been lucky enough to produce it at home and drive it in to the clinic... but.. the IVF clinic prefers to collect there. That seems soo stressful!

Sending baby dust to everyone!! :)

I'm on my first IVF cycle myself. All doctors have differnt protocols. My RE doesnt do a blood test till 2 weeks after the transfer. And yes, you will do a trigger shot.

My dh did his sample at home for IUI as well but the doctor wants it done at the place the day of...so thats what were doing. Any idea when you ER is?

Good Luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back