IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info. TTB. I really hope you have a better response to the new drugs. And so I'm not spewing mis-information, my clinic didn't say no water, just that other drinks with electrolytes are much better and only drink water to quench thirst. Not sure, but I stocked up on Gatorade yesterday!

Annette, my dh will provide his sample at the clinic as well. He did this for all 3 IUI's too. It does put a little pressure on them, but from what you're putting your body through, its seems to pale in comparison. I know the pressure is a problem for some men however.

So, I did the intramuscular trigger by myself last night, and it was soooo easy! The needle was really long, but it hurt less than the injections in the belly. The clinic wanted me to take a preg. test this morning to confirm absorption (supposed to be positive obviously from trigger). Blaring positive...so that is what they look like...never actually seen one myself! :haha:

ER tomorrow!!!

Thanks for the info. TTB. I really hope you have a better response to the new drugs. And so I'm not spewing mis-information, my clinic didn't say no water, just that other drinks with electrolytes are much better and only drink water to quench thirst. Not sure, but I stocked up on Gatorade yesterday!

Annette, my dh will provide his sample at the clinic as well. He did this for all 3 IUI's too. It does put a little pressure on them, but from what you're putting your body through, its seems to pale in comparison. I know the pressure is a problem for some men however.

So, I did the intramuscular trigger by myself last night, and it was soooo easy! The needle was really long, but it hurt less than the injections in the belly. The clinic wanted me to take a preg. test this morning to confirm absorption (supposed to be positive obviously from trigger). Blaring positive...so that is what they look like...never actually seen one myself! :haha:

ER tomorrow!!!

So exciting!!! How many follicles did you have on your last check? My fingers are crossed for you!!!

I have my next sono tomorrow. I'm starting to feel pressure and kinda bloated. I'm hoping tonight is my last night of menopur because that is one shot I definitely dont like!!! It makes me anxious to take it....the other 2...no problem. Fingers crossed that if everything stays on track my ER will be a week from today!!! Eeek!!!

meh, starting to get anxious to start... at least i am off tomorrow so time should go fast til my fri am bloodwork. my happy happy has also worn off (perhaps cause i knew id be working with 2 lazy people today and they have as always proven to be even more useless than i fear). im not back down to down yet, but im getting there... sigh. yesterday i started thinking... perhaps i should go for finding a guy (well, seeing if my crush could work out which iknow it cant) instead of doing this.. i think im back to my senses.. if i made it to 39 without making it work, thinking it is suddenly going to work now (or at least worth delaying my dreams which i may not have much more time for... ) sorry just meh today

ER tomorrow!!!

So exciting!!! How many follicles did you have on your last check? My fingers are crossed for you!!!

Thanks! I'm not totally sure how many follies I had because I lost track when they were measuring and I didn't ask. Maybe 15 measurable ones? They said I had so many that they wanted me to be extra vigilant about watching for hyperstim signs after the retrieval. I was a little worried that the follies were not all close to the same size (like one was 23mm and some others were 14mm), but I'm sure they will get plenty of mature eggs (at least I really hope!).

And good luck with your sono tomorrow. I never had any bloating or pain during stims, but I know its common. Looking forward to hearing how things are progressing!

ER tomorrow!!!

Thanks! I'm not totally sure how many follies I had because I lost track when they were measuring and I didn't ask. Maybe 15 measurable ones? They said I had so many that they wanted me to be extra vigilant about watching for hyperstim signs after the retrieval. I was a little worried that the follies were not all close to the same size (like one was 23mm and some others were 14mm), but I'm sure they will get plenty of mature eggs (at least I really hope!).

And good luck with your sono tomorrow. I never had any bloating or pain during stims, but I know its common. Looking forward to hearing how things are progressing!

I'm sure everything will go great!!! Keep us updated!!!
Thank you!!:flower:

TTB- I am glad you are a little "different" like me!! Communication is "key!" :haha:

Dancing- That is exciting that you are PUPO!!! I would be going crazy, and the clock would probably go by soooo slowly. :happydance:

Haj- My RE told me today that the lining has to at least be around 6 before they would do the transfer. At day 5 mine was at 8.5 so he said perfect for this point. I definitely feel my ovaries, my left is more prominant than my right, but my right has more follicles... so who knows!! :thumbup:

Hi oneof14 & michelle :hi::hi::hi:

S08- I just did the sexy IVF dance in my office, since I can't do Zumba. Girl kuddos to you and all the other brave soldier girls that are giving themselves the PIO shots. I can do the subq shots with no problems, but I had a cartoon gulp at the PIO needles :shock:. I also noted your pup picture. Is that a lab? I have a furbaby lab named Kong!

Mrs. C- Ditto on your strength- so glad that we can be your support system when hubby is away! I know the wait stinks, but it'll be here before you know it! :hugs:

Drsquid- You are a brave soul giving yourself all of your injections. My dog isn't helping either, I asked him and he just raised his eyebrows. Kong is a little sadity sometimes... he might have rolled his eyes and sighed... :shrug:

Lucie- Glad you switched your RE- Praying for a better outcome!!! :flower:

Lulu- Yay you're PUPO!!! :hugs: It will work... Praying for you lady!

Annettecali- Did your RE provide you with a calendar and protocol. Mine included a lot of the information you asked. I have seen so many different ranges of when to POAS. I personally will gauge this off how I feel. I have tested so much through the years that I am content with waiting til my 1st beta, which should be 2 weeks past retrieval. Dh does his at the clinic.

This thread is happening ladies!! Lots of retrievals and transfers going on... I am soooooo excited, I literally sit down with my popcorn :munch:, notepad, and pen, and write away. So I apologize for my long posts and I can't help but giggle because I am soooo corny! :wacko:

AFM- I had my U/S today I had 11 follies ranging from 10-12. Lining was 8.5, Doc said perfect. There were 5 or 6 others they didnt' measure, said they could catch up. Don't know my E2 level yet. I keep waiting on my freaking out moments, but I am eerily calm. Is this normal? I am still having small precious moments as I talk to my ovaries, because they are officially talking back to me! Okay I admit I am probably going a little crazy:rofl:! ER is 7 days away on the 16th.... eeeeekkkk :wohoo:

If I missed anyone, I am truly sorry, and will catch ya on the next round!

Here is a link that I read today... enjoy

https://blog.freedomfertility.com/f...er-needed-to-know-i-learned-from-infertility/

Asia

TTB- I am glad you are a little "different" like me!! Communication is "key!" :haha:

Dancing- That is exciting that you are PUPO!!! I would be going crazy, and the clock would probably go by soooo slowly. :happydance:

Haj- My RE told me today that the lining has to at least be around 6 before they would do the transfer. At day 5 mine was at 8.5 so he said perfect for this point. I definitely feel my ovaries, my left is more prominant than my right, but my right has more follicles... so who knows!! :thumbup:

S08- I just did the sexy IVF dance in my office, since I can't do Zumba. Girl kuddos to you and all the other brave soldier girls that are giving themselves the PIO shots. I can do the subq shots with no problems, but I had a cartoon gulp at the PIO needles :shock:. I also noted your pup picture. Is that a lab? I have a furbaby lab named Kong!

Mrs. C- Ditto on your strength- so glad that we can be your support system when hubby is away! I know the wait stinks, but it'll be here before you know it! :hugs:

Drsquid- You are a brave soul giving yourself all of your injections. My dog isn't helping either, I asked him and he just raised his eyebrows. Kong is a little sadity sometimes... he might have rolled his eyes and sighed... :shrug:

Annettecali- Did your RE provide you with a calendar and protocol. Mine included a lot of the information you asked. I have seen so many different ranges of when to POAS. I personally will gauge this off how I feel. I have tested so much through the years that I am content with waiting til my 1st beta, which should be 2 weeks past retrieval. Dh does his at the clinic.

This thread is happening ladies!! Lots of retrievals and transfers going on... I am soooooo excited, I literally sit down with my popcorn :munch:, notepad, and pen, and write away. So I apologize for my long posts and I can't help but giggle because I am soooo corny! :wacko:

AFM- I had my U/S today I had 11 follies ranging from 10-12. Lining was 8.5, Doc said perfect. There were 5 or 6 others they didnt' measure, said they could catch up. Don't know my E2 level yet. I keep waiting on my freaking out moments, but I am eerily calm. Is this normal? I am still having small precious moments as I talk to my ovaries, because they are officially talking back to me! Okay I admit I am probably going a little crazy:rofl:! ER is 7 days away on the 16th.... eeeeekkkk :wohoo:

https://blog.freedomfertility.com/f...er-needed-to-know-i-learned-from-infertility/

Asia

I went in on my 3rd day of stims and my lining was 7.7. I'm starting to get nervous now. I just want everything to work out.

Has anyone else heard about any foods that are supposed to aid with implantation? I heard walnuts (blech!!) and pineapple core. Any other ones?

Also did your doctors tell you bedrest after the ET?

Yes, that is my weimaraner furbaby. He's about 70 pounds now, but still a baby! I love the name Kong for your pup...mine loves the Kong dog toys. Do you know the ones I'm talking about?

Sounds like your follies are right on track! Keep us updated.

Haj, my clinic recommends taking it easy on the day of transfer and the next day. That's my plan and then I'll return to work after that. What is others' plans?

About foods, I also heard brazil nuts. But to be honest, I don't even know what those are.

TTB - good luck tomorrow!

I should be joining you all soon with stimming - my protocol has been changed, based on my "borderline" AMH level. Really hoping I have a decent response and we get a fair number of mature eggs.

I'm now doing antagonist with gonal F, menopur and ganerelix, and I should be starting on Saturday. ER should now be some time between 5/19-5/25. Crazy!

Hey Ladies!!

Sorry I went MIA but I hadn't been feeling too well. I was still very bloated from the hyperstim and I was having a hard time taking a deep breath without being in a lot of pain. If I laughed, it felt like I had knives stabbing in my upper chest and shoulders and up into my neck. I was sleeping upright for the past few days. Today I woke up feeling much better with the breathing thing though.

As for the embryos, yesterday another egg had matured but we were still at only one fertilized egg. The fertilized one had fragmentation and was at 4 cells which is somewhat poor quality so he told me that he wanted to do the 3-day transfer which would be today. Even though he didn't have too much home for it, he said we want to put back in it's natural environment to give it the best chance. When I went in this morning, I was happy to hear that the one that matured later fertilized. This one devided into 2 cells very cleanly with no fragmentation so that made me a little happy. The 1st one was still at 4 cells but he said he has seen it happen all the time where they stop deviding for a day and then devide very rapidly after that. Well, we ended up transferring the 2 embryos today. I don't have too much hope for the first one but I have some hope for the second one. Technically the second one was not transferred at 3 days because it only fertilized yesterday. Oh, and I got to bring home a picture of the 2 embryos which is really cool!!

I hope all you ladies are doing well. Thank you for all your support.. you ladies are really wonderful. I will try to do personals later.

Yay for being PUPO!! :baby::baby: What is your test date?

Had our apt. with the new RE today. Dr. was very nice not at all the mean guy I had heard. Long story short, there are some certain levels he wants tested that my previous RE did not have done. He wants me to finishthis packof BC (I have 8 pills left), wait 2 weeks, then go in for the blood work. I am to call the office on CD 1 to schedule anultrasound. He highly suspects I have pcos, but will wait for the results of the bloodwork. What was interesting is he said two of our embryos showed evidence of defragmentation ( one 5%, the other 10%). We were not told this, which upsets me. The previous RE basically told us they were perfect. Also, new RE said Dhs SA was fine, and old RE was all doom and gloom about it. So the new RE is going to order Dhs records from his biologist and my actual HSG films. We also learned he won't be doing another round of ivf until August, which is a bummer. We had really hoped to be able to do another cycle in June or July when we are off school.

I guess I had unrealistic expectations of what today's apt. would be like. I really was hoping we would leave with a clear plan in place. But now its just back to more waiting....

Lucie I'm so glad the RE was better than you had heard he was. Sorry you have to wait a little longer though. Sounds like he knows more than that other clinic so thats good news. :thumbup:

s08 - yes, only 1 day 5 blast, none to freeze :( He said it could be egg quality, potentially a chromosomal issue, or even just my response to the drugs. He mentioned that often people that have poor embryo development 1 cycle will have much better development the cycle after, and changing doses slightly will often have a big impact. He has lowered my dose from 150iu to 125iu puregon, i'm also waiting for my chromosomal test results back for DH and I, and really hoping they are ok or I will need PGD which is really expensive!
Interesting re: the no water thing, my clinic advises all patients to drink 1.5-2.5 liters of water during the entire cycle. So confusing! :confused:

Haj - I have started feeling a little pressure in my ovaries, i'm on day 4 of stims. I think that is completely normal. I have also heard ice before the shot helps a lot.

MrsC - Wow, you are going to be one busy lady!

Lulu - Glad you are feeling better and that your embies got transferred today!

Lucie - your new Dr sounds very thorough, sorry it is going to take a while to get going though.

AFM - on day 4 of stims, feeling quite bloated already and a bit tired as well. Have my scan in 5 days and hoping they'll say i'll be good to go.

Fx that in 5 days everything will look great! :thumbup:

ER tomorrow!!!

Yay for doing the trigger! I can't wait to hear how your ER goes.

We had a Weim before we got our Bully and I have to say that our Weim was one of the most energetic dogs EVER! I would take him on 3 mile runs and an hour later he would be up and running like we hadn't done anything all day. Is that how yours is or did we just get a crazy one with tons of energy? :haha:

I have my next sono tomorrow. I'm starting to feel pressure and kinda bloated. I'm hoping tonight is my last night of menopur because that is one shot I definitely dont like!!! It makes me anxious to take it....the other 2...no problem. Fingers crossed that if everything stays on track my ER will be a week from today!!! Eeek!!!

I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow! You are almost finished. :thumbup:

meh, starting to get anxious to start... at least i am off tomorrow so time should go fast til my fri am bloodwork. my happy happy has also worn off (perhaps cause i knew id be working with 2 lazy people today and they have as always proven to be even more useless than i fear). im not back down to down yet, but im getting there... sigh. yesterday i started thinking... perhaps i should go for finding a guy (well, seeing if my crush could work out which iknow it cant) instead of doing this.. i think im back to my senses.. if i made it to 39 without making it work, thinking it is suddenly going to work now (or at least worth delaying my dreams which i may not have much more time for... ) sorry just meh today

Sorry you are starting to have a hard time. :hugs: The emotions through this whole process can become a bit much. Don't worry about sharing your "meh" days here. We all have them and we are all here to support each other.

Asia

Yay for good follies. :thumbup: The countdown is on until your ER!! I can picture myself talking to my ovaries when the time comes... then again I talk to myself quite a bit anyways. At least I will feel like they are finally talking back to me. :haha:

TTB - good luck tomorrow!

I should be joining you all soon with stimming - my protocol has been changed, based on my "borderline" AMH level. Really hoping I have a decent response and we get a fair number of mature eggs.

I'm now doing antagonist with gonal F, menopur and ganerelix, and I should be starting on Saturday. ER should now be some time between 5/19-5/25. Crazy!

Thats so exciting that you will be getting started this weekend! So many of you are getting started or have already started. It's great to have so many people to relate to.

I hope I got everyone update. If not I'm so very sorry! We have our urology consult tomorrow so that will tell us where we go from here. Fx everything goes well and he thinks he can get some :spermy: out of hubby.

That's my plan too.

MrsC, good luck at the urologist tomorrow!

im off for 2 weeks but that is cause i have to go to court (maybe)

We had a Weim before we got our Bully and I have to say that our Weim was one of the most energetic dogs EVER! I would take him on 3 mile runs and an hour later he would be up and running like we hadn't done anything all day. Is that how yours is or did we just get a crazy one with tons of energy? :haha:

I can’t believe you had a weim too! I rarely see them. And no, you are not kidding about the energy level! My husband and I each run him for like an hour every day, and he is still not tired! But let me guess, I bet he was the most cuddly dog you’ve ever known?

I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow and you get some answers. Keep us posted.

I can’t believe you had a weim too! I rarely see them. And no, you are not kidding about the energy level! My husband and I each run him for like an hour every day, and he is still not tired! But let me guess, I bet he was the most cuddly dog you’ve ever known?

I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow and you get some answers. Keep us posted.

Yeah I didn't know to many people who had one either. He was a pretty good dog and very smart! He just never got tired. I was amazed! He was a very cuddly dog though... oh and a bed hog. :haha: Yes I'm one of those people that shares my bed with my dog and treat them like they are my child. :blush:

Thanks for the thoughts about tomorrow.

On my way to the doctors now. Fingers crossed those follies are looking good.

MrsC-Good Luck today!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back