IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ladies, I'm back from the doctor. They said everything looks good. She counted about 16 follicles she said and my biggest is about 13 right now. I did notice those that it said my lining was 11.9. It was 7.7 on Monday. Is it possible for your lining to get too thick??

great news haj! i don't know about numbers as far as thickness goes so i couldn't tell you what they meant.
i got the call this afternoon.
saturday morning my 3 embryos are being transferred! :happydance:
at a total of 7 follies i had 4 good ones, the other 3 had "broken" and out of the four three were fertilized. the two are in excellent condition and one is very good. i really hope all this medication does a good job helping them hold on. my hands have been shaky two days now -like i've had five cups of coffee when i haven't had one- and the progesterone is making me so dizzy when i first take it i can't stand up well.
i am assuming the shakiness is from the cyclacur. :shrug:

great news haj! i don't know about numbers as far as thickness goes so i couldn't tell you what they meant.
i got the call this afternoon.
saturday morning my 3 embryos are being transferred! :happydance:
at a total of 7 follies i had 4 good ones, the other 3 had "broken" and out of the four three were fertilized. the two are in excellent condition and one is very good. i really hope all this medication does a good job helping them hold on. my hands have been shaky two days now -like i've had five cups of coffee when i haven't had one- and the progesterone is making me so dizzy when i first take it i can't stand up well.
i am assuming the shakiness is from the cyclacur. :shrug:

Yayyy thats so exciting!! How did you get them to transfer 3 back. My FS will only do 2!

the IVF clinic does 3. i don't know why... i was told they transfer 3 and that the chances of triplets are very low so i shouldn't worry about it. because that was my first thought.

Just wanted to update, since I know I'm on the first page but don't comment in here too often. :blush: Had my baseline ultrasound and bloodwork done today and got the green light to proceed with starting my follistim on this Sunday (the 13th)! Very excited to finally begin stimming!! :happydance:

the IVF clinic does 3. i don't know why... i was told they transfer 3 and that the chances of triplets are very low so i shouldn't worry about it. because that was my first thought.

If you dont mind me asking...how old are you? Usually if you are over 35 they will sometimes do 3

Just wanted to update, since I know I'm on the first page but don't comment in here too often. :blush: Had my baseline ultrasound and bloodwork done today and got the green light to proceed with starting my follistim on this Sunday (the 13th)! Very excited to finally begin stimming!! :happydance:

Yayy how exciting!! What a nice mothers day gift!!

Doctors office just called said all my bloodwork came back good. I have to continue my medicine the same. 112.5 of gonal f, 10 of Lupron, and 1 vial of Menopur :)dohh: I was hoping that one was over). And I have to go back in on Sunday for my next sono. Maybe its good luck that its mothers day!!:thumbup: She said for dh to release is men :spermy: tomorrow and then not again to the ER. So I'm hoping to either get triggered Sunday or Monday :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Also, I asked about the lining she said it was great!

Lulu-fingers crossed embryo number 2 steps up. What does fragmentation of an egg mean?

Thanks.. I hope so!! Fragmentation means that the sides of cells break off a little. I'll try to post a pic of my embies so you could see what I mean.

Hello Ladies...

I have a few questions. This is my first IVF cycle.. I started my meds on monday. I am certainly not used to 3-4 injections a night... as compared to my 1 injection when I was doing IUI'S.

How soon after the embryo transfer can I take a pregnancy test? Will I have a trigger shot this cycle ?

One other question... how many DH's have to produce their sperm sample at the infertility clinic? I feel so stressed fro my hubby. Our past IUI cycles we have been lucky enough to produce it at home and drive it in to the clinic... but.. the IVF clinic prefers to collect there. That seems soo stressful!

Sending baby dust to everyone!! :)

Welcome!! My test was scheduled for 2 weeks after the transfer but you could definitely find out before that. My RE said we could get the sample at home but we live only 10 minutes away.

Thanks for the info. TTB. I really hope you have a better response to the new drugs. And so I'm not spewing mis-information, my clinic didn't say no water, just that other drinks with electrolytes are much better and only drink water to quench thirst. Not sure, but I stocked up on Gatorade yesterday!

Annette, my dh will provide his sample at the clinic as well. He did this for all 3 IUI's too. It does put a little pressure on them, but from what you're putting your body through, its seems to pale in comparison. I know the pressure is a problem for some men however.

So, I did the intramuscular trigger by myself last night, and it was soooo easy! The needle was really long, but it hurt less than the injections in the belly. The clinic wanted me to take a preg. test this morning to confirm absorption (supposed to be positive obviously from trigger). Blaring positive...so that is what they look like...never actually seen one myself! :haha:

ER tomorrow!!!

YAAAAAY for trigger!! Actually, you should be doing your retrieval today. Let us know how it goes!

meh, starting to get anxious to start... at least i am off tomorrow so time should go fast til my fri am bloodwork. my happy happy has also worn off (perhaps cause i knew id be working with 2 lazy people today and they have as always proven to be even more useless than i fear). im not back down to down yet, but im getting there... sigh. yesterday i started thinking... perhaps i should go for finding a guy (well, seeing if my crush could work out which iknow it cant) instead of doing this.. i think im back to my senses.. if i made it to 39 without making it work, thinking it is suddenly going to work now (or at least worth delaying my dreams which i may not have much more time for... ) sorry just meh today

Sorry you're feeling down, but you'll feel much better once you have a precious baby in your arms. :hugs:

TTB- I am glad you are a little "different" like me!! Communication is "key!" :haha:

Dancing- That is exciting that you are PUPO!!! I would be going crazy, and the clock would probably go by soooo slowly. :happydance:

Haj- My RE told me today that the lining has to at least be around 6 before they would do the transfer. At day 5 mine was at 8.5 so he said perfect for this point. I definitely feel my ovaries, my left is more prominant than my right, but my right has more follicles... so who knows!! :thumbup:

Hi oneof14 & michelle :hi::hi::hi:

S08- I just did the sexy IVF dance in my office, since I can't do Zumba. Girl kuddos to you and all the other brave soldier girls that are giving themselves the PIO shots. I can do the subq shots with no problems, but I had a cartoon gulp at the PIO needles :shock:. I also noted your pup picture. Is that a lab? I have a furbaby lab named Kong!

Mrs. C- Ditto on your strength- so glad that we can be your support system when hubby is away! I know the wait stinks, but it'll be here before you know it! :hugs:

Drsquid- You are a brave soul giving yourself all of your injections. My dog isn't helping either, I asked him and he just raised his eyebrows. Kong is a little sadity sometimes... he might have rolled his eyes and sighed... :shrug:

Lucie- Glad you switched your RE- Praying for a better outcome!!! :flower:

Lulu- Yay you're PUPO!!! :hugs: It will work... Praying for you lady!

Annettecali- Did your RE provide you with a calendar and protocol. Mine included a lot of the information you asked. I have seen so many different ranges of when to POAS. I personally will gauge this off how I feel. I have tested so much through the years that I am content with waiting til my 1st beta, which should be 2 weeks past retrieval. Dh does his at the clinic.

This thread is happening ladies!! Lots of retrievals and transfers going on... I am soooooo excited, I literally sit down with my popcorn :munch:, notepad, and pen, and write away. So I apologize for my long posts and I can't help but giggle because I am soooo corny! :wacko:

AFM- I had my U/S today I had 11 follies ranging from 10-12. Lining was 8.5, Doc said perfect. There were 5 or 6 others they didnt' measure, said they could catch up. Don't know my E2 level yet. I keep waiting on my freaking out moments, but I am eerily calm. Is this normal? I am still having small precious moments as I talk to my ovaries, because they are officially talking back to me! Okay I admit I am probably going a little crazy:rofl:! ER is 7 days away on the 16th.... eeeeekkkk :wohoo:

If I missed anyone, I am truly sorry, and will catch ya on the next round!

Here is a link that I read today... enjoy

https://blog.freedomfertility.com/f...er-needed-to-know-i-learned-from-infertility/

Asia

Thanks for the prayers:hugs:, I need them!! You have a great follie count and lining. Lol, I talk to my ovaries and my follies all the time as well. You will be in my prayers as well! [-o<

TTB - good luck tomorrow!

I should be joining you all soon with stimming - my protocol has been changed, based on my "borderline" AMH level. Really hoping I have a decent response and we get a fair number of mature eggs.

I'm now doing antagonist with gonal F, menopur and ganerelix, and I should be starting on Saturday. ER should now be some time between 5/19-5/25. Crazy!

I was on the same protocol with the same medications. Good Luck!!

Yay for being PUPO!! :baby::baby: What is your test date?

Thanks!! My beta is on 5/21.. This is going to be a very long wait!!!!

I hope I got everyone update. If not I'm so very sorry! We have our urology consult tomorrow so that will tell us where we go from here. Fx everything goes well and he thinks he can get some :spermy: out of hubby.

I hope your appointment went very well :hugs:. Let us know how that went!!

Hey ladies, I'm back from the doctor. They said everything looks good. She counted about 16 follicles she said and my biggest is about 13 right now. I did notice those that it said my lining was 11.9. It was 7.7 on Monday. Is it possible for your lining to get too thick??

That's a great follie count. Your lining is good, mine was about the same and RE said it was great! Good Luck!!

AFM~ Just waiting!! This TWW sucks! My mom lives in a different state and she flew in to stay with me and make sure I'm on complete bedrest. She barely even lets me walk. LOL I love her! She fell asleep on the couch and she heard a noise so she jumped up to make sure I was still on the couch but sure enough she cought me walking around!! LOOOL

Lulu-fingers crossed embryo number 2 steps up. What does fragmentation of an egg mean?

Thanks.. I hope so!! Fragmentation means that the sides of cells break off a little. I'll try to post a pic of my embies so you could see what I mean.

Hello Ladies...

I have a few questions. This is my first IVF cycle.. I started my meds on monday. I am certainly not used to 3-4 injections a night... as compared to my 1 injection when I was doing IUI'S.

How soon after the embryo transfer can I take a pregnancy test? Will I have a trigger shot this cycle ?

One other question... how many DH's have to produce their sperm sample at the infertility clinic? I feel so stressed fro my hubby. Our past IUI cycles we have been lucky enough to produce it at home and drive it in to the clinic... but.. the IVF clinic prefers to collect there. That seems soo stressful!

Welcome!! My test was scheduled for 2 weeks after the transfer but you could definitely find out before that. My RE said we could get the sample at home but we live only 10 minutes away.

Thanks for the info. TTB. I really hope you have a better response to the new drugs. And so I'm not spewing mis-information, my clinic didn't say no water, just that other drinks with electrolytes are much better and only drink water to quench thirst. Not sure, but I stocked up on Gatorade yesterday!

Annette, my dh will provide his sample at the clinic as well. He did this for all 3 IUI's too. It does put a little pressure on them, but from what you're putting your body through, its seems to pale in comparison. I know the pressure is a problem for some men however.

So, I did the intramuscular trigger by myself last night, and it was soooo easy! The needle was really long, but it hurt less than the injections in the belly. The clinic wanted me to take a preg. test this morning to confirm absorption (supposed to be positive obviously from trigger). Blaring positive...so that is what they look like...never actually seen one myself! :haha:

ER tomorrow!!!

YAAAAAY for trigger!! Actually, you should be doing your retrieval today. Let us know how it goes!

meh, starting to get anxious to start... at least i am off tomorrow so time should go fast til my fri am bloodwork. my happy happy has also worn off (perhaps cause i knew id be working with 2 lazy people today and they have as always proven to be even more useless than i fear). im not back down to down yet, but im getting there... sigh. yesterday i started thinking... perhaps i should go for finding a guy (well, seeing if my crush could work out which iknow it cant) instead of doing this.. i think im back to my senses.. if i made it to 39 without making it work, thinking it is suddenly going to work now (or at least worth delaying my dreams which i may not have much more time for... ) sorry just meh today

Sorry you're feeling down, but you'll feel much better once you have a precious baby in your arms. :hugs:

TTB- I am glad you are a little "different" like me!! Communication is "key!" :haha:

Dancing- That is exciting that you are PUPO!!! I would be going crazy, and the clock would probably go by soooo slowly. :happydance:

Haj- My RE told me today that the lining has to at least be around 6 before they would do the transfer. At day 5 mine was at 8.5 so he said perfect for this point. I definitely feel my ovaries, my left is more prominant than my right, but my right has more follicles... so who knows!! :thumbup:

Hi oneof14 & michelle :hi::hi::hi:

S08- I just did the sexy IVF dance in my office, since I can't do Zumba. Girl kuddos to you and all the other brave soldier girls that are giving themselves the PIO shots. I can do the subq shots with no problems, but I had a cartoon gulp at the PIO needles :shock:. I also noted your pup picture. Is that a lab? I have a furbaby lab named Kong!

Mrs. C- Ditto on your strength- so glad that we can be your support system when hubby is away! I know the wait stinks, but it'll be here before you know it! :hugs:

Drsquid- You are a brave soul giving yourself all of your injections. My dog isn't helping either, I asked him and he just raised his eyebrows. Kong is a little sadity sometimes... he might have rolled his eyes and sighed... :shrug:

Lucie- Glad you switched your RE- Praying for a better outcome!!! :flower:

Lulu- Yay you're PUPO!!! :hugs: It will work... Praying for you lady!

Annettecali- Did your RE provide you with a calendar and protocol. Mine included a lot of the information you asked. I have seen so many different ranges of when to POAS. I personally will gauge this off how I feel. I have tested so much through the years that I am content with waiting til my 1st beta, which should be 2 weeks past retrieval. Dh does his at the clinic.

This thread is happening ladies!! Lots of retrievals and transfers going on... I am soooooo excited, I literally sit down with my popcorn :munch:, notepad, and pen, and write away. So I apologize for my long posts and I can't help but giggle because I am soooo corny! :wacko:

AFM- I had my U/S today I had 11 follies ranging from 10-12. Lining was 8.5, Doc said perfect. There were 5 or 6 others they didnt' measure, said they could catch up. Don't know my E2 level yet. I keep waiting on my freaking out moments, but I am eerily calm. Is this normal? I am still having small precious moments as I talk to my ovaries, because they are officially talking back to me! Okay I admit I am probably going a little crazy:rofl:! ER is 7 days away on the 16th.... eeeeekkkk :wohoo:

If I missed anyone, I am truly sorry, and will catch ya on the next round!

Here is a link that I read today... enjoy

https://blog.freedomfertility.com/f...er-needed-to-know-i-learned-from-infertility/

Asia

Thanks for the prayers:hugs:, I need them!! You have a great follie count and lining. Lol, I talk to my ovaries and my follies all the time as well. You will be in my prayers as well! [-o<

TTB - good luck tomorrow!

I should be joining you all soon with stimming - my protocol has been changed, based on my "borderline" AMH level. Really hoping I have a decent response and we get a fair number of mature eggs.

I'm now doing antagonist with gonal F, menopur and ganerelix, and I should be starting on Saturday. ER should now be some time between 5/19-5/25. Crazy!

I was on the same protocol with the same medications. Good Luck!!

Yay for being PUPO!! :baby::baby: What is your test date?

Thanks!! My beta is on 5/21.. This is going to be a very long wait!!!!

I hope I got everyone update. If not I'm so very sorry! We have our urology consult tomorrow so that will tell us where we go from here. Fx everything goes well and he thinks he can get some :spermy: out of hubby.

I hope your appointment went very well :hugs:. Let us know how that went!!

That's a great follie count. Your lining is good, mine was about the same and RE said it was great! Good Luck!!

AFM~ Just waiting!! This TWW sucks! My mom lives in a different state and she flew in to stay with me and make sure I'm on complete bedrest. She barely even lets me walk. LOL I love her! She fell asleep on the couch and she heard a noise so she jumped up to make sure I was still on the couch but sure enough she cought me walking around!! LOOOL

haha that totally sounds like my Mom. Thats what they're there for!!!

Woohoo, lining was thin enough to start stims tomorrow! I was told possible egg collection on the 25th.. It's finally moving forward.
Good luck everyone! x

Hello Ladies...

I'm on my first IVF cycle myself. All doctors have differnt protocols. My RE doesnt do a blood test till 2 weeks after the transfer. And yes, you will do a trigger shot.

My dh did his sample at home for IUI as well but the doctor wants it done at the place the day of...so thats what were doing. Any idea when you ER is?

Good Luck!!!

So glad to hear that everything is going well for you this cycle! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Thanks for the insight with the trigger shot.

My ER is next Friday the 18th.. tick tock .. tick tock!! Time goes by so fast once I start my injections. The poor doctor probably regretted giving me his personal cell phone number because i had to call him last night before my shot.. he lowered the dose of follistim.. and i wasn't able to figure out the exact amt. Poor guy.. I felt so bad calling him. He was asleep .. and texted me this morning. Thank God he was easy going about it. I guess i just got nervous because I didn't want to ruin the dosage at all . I felt like i was drunk dialing! lol.

I think i am more anxious about my DH giving his sperm sample in the office than he is. I toured the room so I could scope it out and prepare him for what to expect! lol.. im sure the nurse thinks i'm a complete nut!! i was happy to see mineral oil in there for him!! In the past he couldnt use anything.. so hopefully that will make it a bit easier for him. In my opinion.. he has the worst part. I will gladly take 30 injections. .. over having to produce sperm in a doctor's office. Poor guy.. the things we do for a baby.. or babies :)

When is your ER? Keep us posted! i'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!

p.s.. i HATED my menopur shots the most too... until the nurse said I could use a smaller insulin needle. I was using a thicker needle that hurt like hell everytime!! Now they are a breeze! :)

Cycle buddies! :happydance: I think I'm starting stims on Saturday. Woohoo!

Haj, everything sounds like it's going well! :happydance:

:hi: to everyone else - I have a hard time doing personals - there are SO many of us to keep track of!

S8 - how did it go today???

Annette- my er will be sometime next week. I think or dhs have a walk in the park compared to us lol. Don't worry my re's office thinks I'm a nut too.

Thanks Daisy!!!

Cycle buddies! :happydance: I think I'm starting stims on Saturday. Woohoo!

Yay! Daisy-I've been searching around the forum for someone who may be starting stims almost exactly the same time as I! :happydance:

Ahhh nothings working right on here tonight for me so I'm going to try to get everyone. I rely so much on multi quote to keep up but lets see how this goes...

haj~ I'm so glad everything went well today!

greekgirl~ I can't wait to hear how your transfer goes! Sounds like you have some strong ones waiting for you! I hope the meds start being nicer to you.

JennyLynn~ Yay for getting started this weekend! Please keep us updated on how things go.

Lulu~ Not much longer now. My fingers are crossed for you. I imagine when my time comes my hubby will be just like your mom... sleeping with one eye open HAHAHA

Tink~ Yay for you getting started as well! I can't wait to see all the BFP's showing up on here within the next couple weeks.

AnnetteCali~ The clock is counting down for your ER. Only about a week to go.

jchic~ How are you doing?

s08~ I hope things went well for you today! I'm excited to hear how many were there for ER.

drsquid~ Good luck at your appointment tomorrow!

Lisa84~ Sorry if I missed your update but how did your ER go?

Toucansofsoda~ Tomorrow is the official test date!!

AFM~ We had our urology appointment today. The nurse comes in and says so he will be in to talk to you and then you will have to do a SA. We both just looked at her and hubby said no that won't be needed due to the vasectomy. I wish she had checked the chart before saying that. Anyways the Dr. came in and explained everything to us. Told/showed hubby where they would be pulling the sperm from. The Dr. seems to think that everything will go great on the 22nd. He offered hubby to be put to sleep or be awake for the procedure and of course we went with being asleep. I'm excited but still nervous. I couldn't imagine having to go through what he has to just to check for swimmers and get them out so that we can use them. Poor guy! He will be on bed rest for a day or so. The Dr. made a joke that I will have to baby him and of course I came back and said no worries... I will have my few days of bed rest and he will have to baby me for those couple of days. So it looks like everything is a go for the TESE and until then we just wait....

I hope you all are doing well. I look forward to hearing more great updates soon!

Hi sara, I think it all depend on where you live. Some people have insurance coverage and some don't. For us we don't have coverage for it and everything included costs us about $16,000 give or take a few dollars.

Where about are you located?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back