IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how you call them "a prego" walked by....HAHAHAHAHAAAA....I seriously cannot even tell you how funny that is.

:flower:

Well... to me it seems like a sorority I'm dying to join, but I'm not invited to the party. Yet.

Hi all,

Haven't been here for a while. Got all my meds yesterday. Fridge is nice and full!!

Should be starting around 5th June. Very excited about it!!

Another step closer hopefully!! It's great to hear others experience of egg transfer/ scans etc. makes it all seem a little less daunting!

Has anyone done anything to try prevent OHSS?
Wishing everyone the best of luck

Xx

Yay for getting your meds! Not much longer until you start. :thumbup:

Hello everyone, I hope you don't mind me joining on this thread. I am currently waiting on doing a round of IVF under the NHS here. At the moment I have started taking the BCP since 8th May so I think I will be on it for about 7 weeks before taking meds etc. I am waiting on my schedule and hope to know more then but I am hoping it will be in July 2012.

Welcome :hi: I'm also starting in July so maybe we will be cycle buddies. :thumbup:

How is everyone?

I have just had my day 8 scan after 7 days of stims. They measured 4 follies on my right ovary, but struggled to find my left! After much prodding and probing - and a second nurse- they managed to find it but said there was probably only a 6 and an 8 and said we would probably rely on the right! The four measured 10.3, 10.3, 11.5 & 11.6.
I am to continue on the same meds until Friday when I have another scan!

I'm a bit disappointed with the count so far, Does anyone think I will get any more? We are pretty much relying on this one cycle as it is on the NHS and Not sure if I can persuade OH to pay for another round, especially as they told us the success rate would only be 35%.

I would think that more follies will pop up Try not to get disappointed, things can change between now and Friday. :hugs:

Hey all!

So AF arrived in Full force today, 14DPO so I am happy to finally have her here so I can officially get started with surgery and then in July, estrogen for my IVF cycle. WOOHOO!

Mrs. Stru - dont worry so much on that number, you still have a few days left for those eggs to mature and play catch up. When are you going in for your ER?

How is everyone else?
Dancing - any updates?
Duke - how are the meds going?
Haj - TOMORROW is the BIG day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am praying for you sweetie, for ALL of us!!!!!!!!!!

:happydance: I'm glad AF showed up. Now you can get that surgery out of the way!

Mrs. Stru, have they bumped up your meds at all?

Good luck today alscreetch and s08!

I had my first follie check after 3 days of stims. I have 6 follies on the left, with one at 12 mm the rest are under 10 mm, and 7 follies on the right, with one measuring 13 mm and the rest are under 10. My RE said she will probably bump up my meds tonight to see if we can recruit some more follies. Fx we can. She said it's good that so many are around the same size. I hope they continue to grow together at the same rate. Hope we won't have to sacrifice the two bigger ones.

Grow follies grow!! Fingers crossed for Thursday. Sorry you have to order more meds though.

AFM: Went back to the RE this morning for bloodwork to make sure the HCG is in my bloodstream. So they'll give me a call later. Thankfully no shots today!!! Otherwise I have ER in the morning!!! Woohoo!! Hopefully a lot of those eggs are mature and good quality!!! Then tomorrow night I start my antibiotics, steroids, and progesterone shots.

I have heard progesterone really hurts. Anyone know if thats true?

Thats great that you have a day with no shots. :thumbup: I have heard that the progesterone shots hurt. I remember someone saying that if you ice the area before the shot its a little better. Oh and someone else said to slap the area a few times to numb it up. :haha: It might all depend on the person though so try not to stress about it to much. I believe my clinic said no progesterone for me... what exactly does it do? Maybe I need to check into that.

Hi girls, hope you don’t mind me joining you girls on this thread.

I know a few of you already from other threads but need some inspiration going forward to IVF #2 in June/July

Daisy > That is a great count for 3 days of stims. I was told that they aim for between 8-12 eggs as it keeps the risk of OHSS at bay. I cant wait to hear about your success.

Mrs stru > I have read about so many girls getting great eggs from less follicles, when it is like the ones that is there is great quality and give wonderful embies. So just pray for their quality being great.

DancingDiva > Fx'd for a late bfp, I know how you feel :hugs:

jchic > GL with the lap, atleast the recovery time is very quick. And then your bfp will follow shortly after!

Haj > GL with the ER, Fx;d for a whole bunch of mature eggies :thumbup: I was too much of a sissy to do mine myself, but I live close to a GP so just went there for the shot. But it didn’t hurt that much, a bit of a numb feeling where it is injected. But I suppose he just knew how to do it properly.

Lulu > The tww is a b!tch, but soon you will have a true bfp in your hand and it will all be forgotten.

Akscreetch > Its really not that bad, I found the waiting to find out how the embies is doing 10x worse. GL you gonna be great!

AFM > I had my first IVF with ICSI in April/May.
I was on 225iu Menopur for 8 days, had 14 follies on CD10, 2xOvidrell and
ER on the 25th of April - 12 eggs
27th of April, had 6 embies left
30th of April, we transferred 1 early blast and 1 morula - No frosties left
Embryologist said she is concerned about my egg quality as it is very strange that out of 12 only 2 made it to day 5, Good news was that the 4 she did normal IVF on all fertilized by themselves so we don’t need ICSI in future treatments.
Daily progesterone suppositories along with POI every 3rd day after ET
8th of May, Digi negative and Beta negative

Now im waiting for my follow up appointment on the 24th to find out what our game plan is going forward and if the FS wants to do any blood tests. I have also been making a list of questions that I want answered, its not that I don’t trust my FS, it is just that he does the test without telling you what they are for and what the results was. So when I read something im not sure if I have been tested or if I need to be.

All depending on how long this natural cycle is gonna be for me, I should start with my next IVF cycle by mid June. Finances are ready we just waiting for my body now.

Im also doing acupuncture daily to assist with quality and quantity for next cycle.

Welcome Tella :hi: Sorry again for the BFN. Fingers crossed this one will be it for you. :hugs:

Soooo I'm having a terrible day... My twin sis is now pg and said it was an accident and my period is still not here and no signs and I'm definitely not pg.... And everyone I work with is pg so there are baby bellies all around! I just want to crawl in a hole. I just had a small anxiety attack and feel like I can't breath. This sucks and im ready to be done.

:hugs: Sorry you are having a rough day. I really hope she told you nicely and in private. I know it's hard hearing about others who get pregnant so easily :nope: You will be there very soon, try and stay positive. I know thats easier said than done.

Nothing really going on in my direction. I'm trying to be patient while waiting for appointments. :coffee: I do have my yearly tomorrow with a new gyno so that should be loads of fun. I swear... by the time I'm done with all this so many people will have looked at my lady bits. Before fertility treatment I was very uncomfortable with exams but now it's like "yeah sure go ahead!!" :haha: At my last scan there were 4 people down there checking things out. A new FS to me, 2 nurses, and an intern. :dohh: I'm sure we all feel this way though. Good news is that hubby's TESE is in one week!

I hope all you ladies are doing well :flower:

Hello, sorry I've been AWOL but I got a surprise natural :bfp: I'm 7weeks and had my viability scan today and all going well so far, fx! I've been too scared to update as convinced I'm not this lucky, ESP after Xmas.
Good luck to all you lovely ladies and :dust: to all x

Hello, sorry I've been AWOL but I got a surprise natural :bfp: I'm 7weeks and had my viability scan today and all going well so far, fx! I've been too scared to update as convinced I'm not this lucky, ESP after Xmas.
Good luck to all you lovely ladies and :dust: to all x

Congrats!! H&H 9 months :happydance:

congrats! thats amazing!

mrsc i guessed it about my sis b/c something she said and ive just had this strange feeling for a while she was....she has no clue what im going through nor does any of my fam or friends. i pretty much alone b/c everyone i know who wants a baby has one ir is preggo. she know about th mc but i ddnt tell her ivf cuz she woud tell my mom and that another story. so she goes for a scan june 3rd. she has a mc before her son so she is not saying anything. but its like salt in the wounds. now my bros twins are due in 3-4 weeks my twin is knockd up my friends and coworkes are knocked up and heres me- ms empty uterus. im glad you girls are here so i can vent and have some support. i really feel like crawling under a rock. i cant even start my process cuz af is being dumb.

congrats! thats amazing!

mrsc i guessed it about my sis b/c something she said and ive just had this strange feeling for a while she was....she has no clue what im going through nor does any of my fam or friends. i pretty much alone b/c everyone i know who wants a baby has one ir is preggo. she know about th mc but i ddnt tell her ivf cuz she woud tell my mom and that another story. so she goes for a scan june 3rd. she has a mc before her son so she is not saying anything. but its like salt in the wounds. now my bros twins are due in 3-4 weeks my twin is knockd up my friends and coworkes are knocked up and heres me- ms empty uterus. im glad you girls are here so i can vent and have some support. i really feel like crawling under a rock. i cant even start my process cuz af is being dumb.

I truly feel for you MoBaby. Thats got to be very difficult with everyone around you being pregnant. :hugs: It's hard going through this with no one knowing. My mother has made some pretty ridiculous comments about wanting a grand child and it drives me up the wall. No one knows what we are going through either... they wouldn't understand anyways. Feel free to vent here anytime. If nothing else it at least helps to write it all out and get it off your shoulders. Is there anything that can be done to bring on AF?

I'm trying to stay off the computer and just relax today, so I'm going to be brief. I'm now PUPO with twins! ET went well today. We were planning on doing a SET, but the embryos weren't as nice as we had hoped. So the embryologist recommended transfering two: 1 early blast and 1 great morula. I had 5 other blasts, but they thought the morula looked better than them. So, now the TWW (or rather 9 day wait until beta). We'll know if we have any frosties tomorrow.

By the way, I've read everyone's posts and am thinking of you all!

Thanks for the update s08. Thats so exciting that you are PUPO now!!! :happydance: I hope the 9 days pass quickly for you. Enjoy your day and get some rest while they snuggle in.

s08: congrats! soooo exciting. pup with twinnies!:) :) fx for frosties!

mrsc: i really dont know why af is mia. before ivf/mc/d&c i was regular and could predict the day. nothing was wrong with my hormone levels or fertility before and now i feel all messed up. i think if no af by monday (i called today) they will check bloods. im totally kicking myself now for not starting bcp with my last cycle b/c i would have been on them 10 weeks and i felt that was to long. that cycle took 8 weeks. im just so done with all this. so much more stress is ahead but this is what we have to do.

Hi girls, I just caught up on all of your posts. I'm thinking of all of you. No updates for me right now, just doing my lupron which I think has made me an emotional mess. Anyone else feel like that from the lupron?

Sorry for no personals lately but I just can't keep up with you all!

Good luck to everyone who has\had ER's the last few days!

Hey Ladies!! I'm sorry I can't do personals right now because i'm too anxious and excited..

I just got my first ever :bfp: this morning :cloud9:. I did 2 tests and both came up positive. They don't need squinting either. The second one is lighter because I used more diluted urine. I am super excited but equally scared. It's so early so it makes me scared that it won't stick long enough until OTD on 5/21/12 but I really hope it does. I can't wait until you guys all announce your bfp's. Please keep me in your prayers and of course you guys are always in mine.

So.... We have a total of 13 eggs retrieved. I got a call that they wanted to do ICSI, dh morphology wasn't where they like to see it. That made me a little nervous bc I haven't researched much about it. But ER was a breeze. I feel pretty good. A little groggy and sleepy. Haj....good luck tomorrow!! I see we'be had some :bfp: congratulations ladies.... You give me hope!!!

Welcome to all the new ladies.... We are glad you joined us!!!

Yay... S08 for pupo for twins!!!

Mobaby- your time is coming...:happydance:

Asia :hugs:

Hi girls, I just caught up on all of your posts. I'm thinking of all of you. No updates for me right now, just doing my lupron which I think has made me an emotional mess. Anyone else feel like that from the lupron?

Sorry for no personals lately but I just can't keep up with you all!

Good luck to everyone who has\had ER's the last few days!

Thanks for the update Blue. I hope the lupron isn't horrible to you. I have no experience with it but it's good to know in advance how it makes other feel.

Hey Ladies!! I'm sorry I can't do personals right now because i'm too anxious and excited..

I just got my first ever :bfp: this morning :cloud9:. I did 2 tests and both came up positive. They don't need squinting either. The second one is lighter because I used more diluted urine. I am super excited but equally scared. It's so early so it makes me scared that it won't stick long enough until OTD on 5/21/12 but I really hope it does. I can't wait until you guys all announce your bfp's. Please keep me in your prayers and of course you guys are always in mine.

Congrats!!! H&H 9 months to you :happydance:

So.... We have a total of 13 eggs retrieved. I got a call that they wanted to do ICSI, dh morphology wasn't where they like to see it. That made me a little nervous bc I haven't researched much about it. But ER was a breeze. I feel pretty good. A little groggy and sleepy. Haj....good luck tomorrow!! I see we'be had some :bfp: congratulations ladies.... You give me hope!!!

Welcome to all the new ladies.... We are glad you joined us!!!

Yay... S08 for pupo for twins!!!

Mobaby- your time is coming...:happydance:

Asia :hugs:

That is great news! ICSI isn't a bad thing so don't worry, it will do good especially if they say that the morph wasn't what they wanted to see. Will you get daily updates on how things are going? Also how many days until your transfer?

Wow lulu!! Congratulations! How inspiring!

Asia, glad you are feeling good post retrieval. Be sure to update with your fert report!

lulu - congrats

screetch- congrats on lucky 13, im doing icsi. just a better bet for fertilization

blue- i do my lupron in the am, started friday. im the morning im great. by evening im draggy and crappy (heh meant crampy but crappy and crabby fit too). couldnt finish my workout last night cause of cramps etc. im also feeling all bloaty. but hey, if it works,

afm- ate a half a donut today and felt guilty but omg it was sooo good. hoping im premenstrual. doc is thinking af on mon for us tues,. im hoping friday or sat for us sat or mon cause otherwise i have to sneak out of work etc. fingers crossed though it doesnt really matter other than hassle factor (plus id like to go to the gym sat am).

OMG, ladies so much going on!

Huge congrats to Lizlemon & Lulu, happy and healthy 9 months.

So8 - Yes, relax and get those embies nice and comfy!

Haj, good luck tomorrow!!

Als - 13 is a lucky number! Cant wait to hear the report!!

Mobaby, I am sorry you are having a bad day, I have those all too often. Just take it one day at a time, tomorrow will be better!

How is everyone else doing on your meds or tww??

AFM, nothing going on, I'm waiting for AF which should come tomorrow, although I've been spotting since Sunday night? :shrug: I did take a test Sunday morning which was a BFN. I have no idea when I ovulated, as I was not checking. When AF arrives, I go for my baseline and then hopefully start my protocol.

I am so excited for all of you and I can wait to see all the BFP!!

Ladies I'm so nervous I haven't been able to sleep. I have to be at the hospital in 6 1/2 hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"