IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news, MoBaby! I think the same exact thing is going to happen to me. My insurance says they don't cover anything IVF-related, but they have covered a bunch of the ultrasounds and blood work. So, I think we're going to get a little refund. It's not much, but its something! Every little bit helps when paying out of pocket.

So glad things went well Annette and Alscreetch!!!! Sending tons of baby dust for ET. Very exciting news!

AF showed today, two days early. I'm not complaining, that means I start bcp in 3 days and we're just a month away from starting the injectables again for IVF this time. I'm such an impatient person.

iv thought about it
buit my fs doesnt think it will make much difference
he said if i was older he would maybe say go for it but not for the time being x

ive also thought about it because ive been TTC for almost 2yrs but the place I checked out is in Palm springs ca and the cost per cycle is like $8000 and there plans r 2cycles or 3.. so i have to find out if my insurance will cover some or if theres some kind of help.By the way how old r u?

asia and annette: yippie!! fertilize/grow babies!

i got some good news today....im getting a nice refund from my last ivf cycle, enough to cover all meds plus some! so that means this third cycle wont be as expensive either! that was a nice suprise and dh mom sent us a little cash ( shes the only one who knows) which helps a ton! so thats good :) we have all the $$ already but to be able to have $$ left in savings after three fresh ivf cycles would be great!

i cant wait to hear all the report and bfps soon! cant believe everyone is moving along sooo fast!

Getting a refund would be great! I'm glad thats happening for you and you are all set to go. :thumbup: I'm going to ask the clinic to bill everything to insurance and see if I will get lucky as well. The insurance claims to not cover IVF but maybe they will cover the small things for us. I can hope right. :wacko:

Well ladies it is so great to hear all the positive stories and that everyone is going well with their cycles.

We had our pre ICSI meeting yesterday,it went well, we are starting next month, i just cant wait now getting excited more so than nervous!!!!
I got my AMH results also and the Doc said they were good so i am super happy aother thing not to worry about.
So im sending luv and hugs to all and im so proud of all of us ...we didnt choose this journey to get our babies but hopefully the journey is hard ..we will all get there in the end
xxxxx

I'm glad your meeting went well. I too am more excited than nervous. Of course it's hard not to be a little nervous just because the outcome can be anything. Are you doing BC before injections?

So glad things went well Annette and Alscreetch!!!! Sending tons of baby dust for ET. Very exciting news!

AF showed today, two days early. I'm not complaining, that means I start bcp in 3 days and we're just a month away from starting the injectables again for IVF this time. I'm such an impatient person.

Good news about AF, early is much better than late. :thumbup: Congrats on getting started!

Iloveheels~ are you doing IVF?

Ok ladies... I changed the front page a bit (that was a ton of work! :wacko: ). If I missed something or if your info isn't right please let me know so that I can get it fixed. Hopefully this will be easier to see whats going on and who's doing what in each month.

:flower:

Hey ladies! I've been quietly lurking in the background keeping up with all your posts. It is so exciting that a bunch of you could have your BFPs very soon! Good luck and lots of baby dust to all of you.

As for me, I finally ovulated (on CD 75) so AF should be here towards the end of next week. I'm really excited that we'll be starting soon but I'm also terrified. And, I've been going crazy trying to plan out what days I'll have to take off an so on. For those of you whom have already gone through it, how many days warning were you given for when ER will be? I'm not planning on telling my boss since I have sick days saved up but I'm just trying to see if maybe I can schedule a vacation day for either ER or ET and then take a sick day for the other. I'm driving myself crazy already.

Hey ladies! I've been quietly lurking in the background keeping up with all your posts. It is so exciting that a bunch of you could have your BFPs very soon! Good luck and lots of baby dust to all of you.

As for me, I finally ovulated (on CD 75) so AF should be here towards the end of next week. I'm really excited that we'll be starting soon but I'm also terrified. And, I've been going crazy trying to plan out what days I'll have to take off an so on. For those of you whom have already gone through it, how many days warning were you given for when ER will be? I'm not planning on telling my boss since I have sick days saved up but I'm just trying to see if maybe I can schedule a vacation day for either ER or ET and then take a sick day for the other. I'm driving myself crazy already.

I'm glad you are still here :flower: A cycle that long would drive me insane, literally. I'm glad AF will be here soon for you though. I'm not sure about days to take off yet. Have you had your meeting about IVF? Also if you don't mind me asking... Are you guys doing the TESE before ER or day of? I'm getting nervous about this :wacko:

MoBaby > WOW that is awesome news!!!!!!!! having savings left is definitely a bonus to when you have to start getting those baby stuff!!!

Mammywannabe > GL it will be worth it in the end!!!!

NoSaint > Hope she goes easy on you and that it brings a bfp!

AFM > Nothing much :coffee:

I'm glad you are still here :flower: A cycle that long would drive me insane, literally. I'm glad AF will be here soon for you though. I'm not sure about days to take off yet. Have you had your meeting about IVF? Also if you don't mind me asking... Are you guys doing the TESE before ER or day of? I'm getting nervous about this :wacko:

My cycles are typically really long since I have PCOS. But this one worked out with the timing since we can't do another TESE until hubby has had at least 3 months to heal. We already did a TESE back in March and froze the samples since they found "some sperm" in 3 out of the 5 samples taken. We'll hopefully be using those but our urologist will be on-call to do another TESE the day of to try and find more in case our samples don't survive the defrost.

Hi ladies! So much going on here since yesterday!

Mobaby - awesome news! Glad you are getting a refund! Oh yeah!

MoBaby - Glad AF is finally showing for you, so exciting to get started!

DancingDiva - I'm so sorry big :hugs:

oneof14 - sorry I can't help you with that, I don't have experience with down reg

Haj - Congrats! Sorry to hear you are in pain though, rest up!

s08 - 1 frostie is good, better than none. Hoping you don't need to use it anytime soon.

Welcome GettingBroody - It makes sense to start the bc while waiting for the results, good luck with your FS. The whole process takes a long time, so I don't blame you for wanting to get it started asap.

AnnetteCali - Glad to hear the ER went well, can't wait to hear the fertilization report.

alscreetch - Yay 8 little embies :happydance:

MoBaby - That is awesome, what a great surprise.

Mammywannabe - you'll be stimming before you know it.

nosaint - yay for getting started :)

raelynn - I was given about 2 days notice, I usually have my one and only scan on cd10 and ER on cd12, if your having scans more often you may know a bit more in advance though.

AFM - Got some good news from the embryologist today, 6 out of the 7 eggs fertilized! Now the wait for transfer day (i'm doing a 5 day transfer) to see how well they are doing.

Great news TTB - congratulations. FX for happy embies and good development.

So I had bad news today - my cycle may be canceled. I've been really upset all morning. So basically, it sounds like I have 15 total follicles, most still under 10, with a couple at 11, and one big one at 16mm. The doctor said that it's likely that the big one is suppressing all the others and therefore my cycle may be canceled. Devastated by this.

It just seems like there are SO many hurdles to overcome - even just to make it to egg retrieval, much less have enough mature eggs, fertilization, making it to blast, having normal embryos... I'm just feeling really disappointed, frustrated, disheartened, discouraged.

I have put in a call to my doctor and to my nurse to discuss. The doctor I saw today advised me to start the ganerelix tonight, and to come back on Saturday. So I guess it's not over yet, but it doesn't look too good.

Does anyone know what, if anything can be done? Does anyone have experience with this? Is this something that can be overcome, or is the cycle a bust? What can be done to prevent this from happening again? More suppression, or higher dosage of stims from the get-go?

To make matters worse, is that I won't be able to cycle right away again - we are going on a family trip (my FIL 80th birthday) - the first we in July. So if there is no retrieval this month, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to cycle until August. It is just so aggravating to wait and wait and wait, and then there are no guarantees. I'm really struggling to keep the faith.

Great news TTB - congratulations. FX for happy embies and good development.

So I had bad news today - my cycle may be canceled. I've been really upset all morning. So basically, it sounds like I have 15 total follicles, most still under 10, with a couple at 11, and one big one at 16mm. The doctor said that it's likely that the big one is suppressing all the others and therefore my cycle may be canceled. Devastated by this.

It just seems like there are SO many hurdles to overcome - even just to make it to egg retrieval, much less have enough mature eggs, fertilization, making it to blast, having normal embryos... I'm just feeling really disappointed, frustrated, disheartened, discouraged.

I have put in a call to my doctor and to my nurse to discuss. The doctor I saw today advised me to start the ganerelix tonight, and to come back on Saturday. So I guess it's not over yet, but it doesn't look too good.

Does anyone know what, if anything can be done? Does anyone have experience with this? Is this something that can be overcome, or is the cycle a bust? What can be done to prevent this from happening again? More suppression, or higher dosage of stims from the get-go?

To make matters worse, is that I won't be able to cycle right away again - we are going on a family trip (my FIL 80th birthday) - the first we in July. So if there is no retrieval this month, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to cycle until August. It is just so aggravating to wait and wait and wait, and then there are no guarantees. I'm really struggling to keep the faith.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
Im so sorry about this!!!!! I can only imagine how you feeling :hugs:

I pray that the ganerelix will wake up those smaller follies and that they will catch up and that you dont have to cancel!

Is there any change to change to IUI?

I took Lucrin from CD3 to surpress all natural hormones and preventing a leading follie, maybe you can take that to assist with it if you need to, but i pray you dont. And if it has to be cancelled, you must just still bd and then we pray for a bfp irrelevant. Chiles (from IUI thread) is a great inspiration that a cancelled cycle can still bring happiness!!

Thanks Tella.

I imagine we may be able to convert to IUI, but I don't have much hope with IUI or natural BFP with DH's morphology at 1%. :shrug:

I just trying not to give in and feel hopeless about all of this, but it's so hard.

I think it may be too late in my cycle to try to supress- I think supression is supposed to be done pre-cycle with BCP or estrogen, and/or lupron... I wonder if I was not suppressed enough. I know my RE was worried about over suppressing me, which is why she switched me from a lupron protocol to antagonist.

I started with Lucrin on the same day as Menopur which was CD3, i dont think it will help now but it is something to ask for future if you need to! :hugs:

I will keep on praying for those lazy little follies to grow and the bully to relax :hugs:

Alscreetch-Thats great numbers!!

Annette-How exciting!!

AFM: Sorry, I didn't come back on, I was in a good amount of pain. I actually took today off bc I'm just not feeling up to par. Today definitely is better then yesterday though. So I'm just laying on the couch waiting to hear how many of my eggies were mature and fertilized. I'll let you know as soon as I do!!!

First I would like to say this is the most nerve racking thing I have ever experienced. We have 5-4 cell, 1-3 cell, 2-2 cells. I am not sure if this is a good two day report. The nurse tried to reassure me, that they are progressing nicely. Well at least 6 of the 8 are. Will call me with update tomorrow. My heart is beating so fast. How did you calm yourself during the 3 or 5 day wait?

Also note that I could still have a 3 day transfer. Will know tomorrow. I am having an emotional tiny breakdown, I won't say massive just yet. OMG the hormones are driving me crazy.

Daisy... I am sorry...trust your RE they will do what's best!!

:hugs:Daisy, I am sorry about the news and that you are feeling discouraged . Its a frustrating process , I hope that by Saturday, the follies will be caught-up and this cycle is a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"