IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey everyone sorry i havent posted in like forever!!!! i just hadnt much to post i have my intro day and history appt. tuesday 22nd cant wait it has dragged........i tried to read all the posts i have missed it took me three days to read them all i have missed sooo much ha def not waiting away from this tread that long again lol !!!! iam soooo glad to hear so much of ye are preggo!! its just the beginning of them for this thread....and so many of ye have started your IVF cycles already your on your way to your :bfp: hopefully i will be not long behind you.......iam fx for IVF in june hopefully but will no more on tuesday! i just thought i would pop in and let ye no iam still around and havent forgot bout ye ladies,,,

oneof/broody- the bloodwork is on her hubby which is why it doesnt make a whole lot of sense that she cant start... again im so glad i go to a clinic where there are only 2 doctors and it is super focused on individual management. my ivf is gonna be at a "big box" fancy ivf center but done by my doc. so i get the best of both worlds.

oy, lupron again kicking my ass.. this is so hard. even caffeine is doing nothing (and i dont want to go back up from my 200mg a day). i generally dont work every day but of course i am this week which is killing me. looking forward to stims cause gonal treated me pretty well.

Sorry to hear about the lupron. How many more days are you on it? When do you start stims? Maybe tonight you can get some extra sleep to see if that helps. :sleep:

Thanks Ladies!!

MrsC- they had told me they were going to do it yesterday before they knew any results. From what they said bc there were so many eggs the dr was worried about ohss. I think that's what they wanted to go the tests for. Plus the dr said not to drink water. I have to drink 6 glasses of gatorade and a glass of v8 everyday. And they gave me a medicine.

Well, I've just read through the first 50 pages of the thread!! Gone a bit cross-eyed! :wacko: Feel like I'm on a bit of a roller coaster with you all - catching up on months of posts in one go!! Will leave some more personal comments in the next day or two when I've read your full stories but in the meantime good luck to all those who are going brought EPU and ET right now. Fx'd that all those embies develop and stick! :dust:

AFM, I rang the FS earlier and spoke to one of the nurses and she said there's no way I can start anything until the blood tests are back and we've had our nurse consult :nope: I am quite cross right now because I really just don't see the harm in starting the bcp while we're waiting on results. Or, since we had to wait a few weeks for our first appointment why couldn't they have taken dhs bloods back then and the results would have been back in time for the apt!!:growlmad: Seems like they could save a lot of time if they just put some thought into it! So...the earliest I could be starting my three weeks of bcp (Look at me eager to go back on the pill! :haha:) is the very end of June but that would mean EPU when I'm supposed to be away on hols with DH in August and to be honest I can't see us deciding to cancel**our hols - its just money down the drain and also we might be glad of the holiday to look back on in the following months! So, looks like I won't even be starting the bcp til Aug or maybe Sept depending on my cycle dates. Endless endless waiting :-(

so sorry to your news i hate when clinics make such annoying mistakes :dohh: but try and look on the bright side (i no that is very hard to do!)i will keep you in my prayers that everyting works out for you coz the waiting is the hardest i find it cery hard to occupy myself and its very very hard to think of anything else but whatever happens try and enjoy your holiday because its much deserved :hugs:

Thanks Ladies!!

MrsC- they had told me they were going to do it yesterday before they knew any results. From what they said bc there were so many eggs the dr was worried about ohss. I think that's what they wanted to go the tests for. Plus the dr said not to drink water. I have to drink 6 glasses of gatorade and a glass of v8 everyday. And they gave me a medicine.

Hey haj!! iam so glad to hear you have started your IVF and i no very soon you will be getting you :bfp: and great egg count fertilised how may are they putting back in?? you mayb fx'd for :baby::baby: two for the price of one,,,,lol hope everything continues to go to plan for you

hey everyone sorry i havent posted in like forever!!!! i just hadnt much to post i have my intro day and history appt. tuesday 22nd cant wait it has dragged........i tried to read all the posts i have missed it took me three days to read them all i have missed sooo much ha def not waiting away from this tread that long again lol !!!! iam soooo glad to hear so much of ye are preggo!! its just the beginning of them for this thread....and so many of ye have started your IVF cycles already your on your way to your :bfp: hopefully i will be not long behind you.......iam fx for IVF in june hopefully but will no more on tuesday! i just thought i would pop in and let ye no iam still around and havent forgot bout ye ladies,,,

Thanks for the update tiff! This thread seems to always be moving. Step away for a day and the whole thing explodes. :haha: It's good though. It means we have tons of support here. I hope all goes well at your appt on Tuesday.

Thanks Ladies!!

I see. I thought of that after I asked the question. :dohh: Good thing they are keeping an eye on it. The gatorade and v8 are a great help for OHSS from what I have read. Did you see the post by Mrs. Bear about OHSS and how important it is to follow what they say about what to drink? She wrote a great thread about OHSS and she gave a lot of info.

mrsc- im on it til egg retrieval i think, around june 11. but apparently as soon as you start stims you feel better. i start those june 1. i went to bed at 8pm last night and slept til 7:30 this am. i work til 7pm tonight so... at least im off all weekend. then i work monday and tuesday and get on a plane tuesday night to visit mommy and daddy. yay

Thanks for the update tiff! This thread seems to always be moving. Step away for a day and the whole thing explodes. :haha: It's good though. It means we have tons of support here. I hope all goes well at your appt on Tuesday.

Thanks Ladies!!

I see. I thought of that after I asked the question. :dohh: Good thing they are keeping an eye on it. The gatorade and v8 are a great help for OHSS from what I have read. Did you see the post by Mrs. Bear about OHSS and how important it is to follow what they say about what to drink? She wrote a great thread about OHSS and she gave a lot of info.

Thanks mrs c i will keep you posted on how it goes,,,,

mrsc- im on it til egg retrieval i think, around june 11. but apparently as soon as you start stims you feel better. i start those june 1. i went to bed at 8pm last night and slept til 7:30 this am. i work til 7pm tonight so... at least im off all weekend. then i work monday and tuesday and get on a plane tuesday night to visit mommy and daddy. yay

Ahh ok well I hope that the stims help you feel better. Not much longer until you start them. You must be very excited to see your parents again.

Thanks for catching up with us all. It's quite a bit to read but hopefully you find it helpful.

Sorry to hear things are moving slowly at the moment. I would be upset as well if it took that long to get results back. They should have done it earlier. There could be a chance that you could get everything taken care of before you go away with your DH in August. When is your next appointment? At the appointment will they tell you with protocol you will be on? Maybe they will start you on BC if you need it at that point. :shrug:

Thanks for all your comments girls. :thumbup:

Oneof - as DrSquid said we're waiting on my dh's bloodwork. The FS has all my results already so surely they should be able to speed things up! (but obviously not!!)

MrsC - we don't have an apt yet. They said they'll ring when the results are back and we can make an apt then! Presume they will have decided on a protocol by then :wacko: We're going away for the first 2 weeks of Aug so if I started bcp at the end of June then I'd be away for a lot of the monitoring time (which I guess is fairly important! :haha:) But I've been looking at dates and I think maybe I could start my bcp at the end of July which would only be a months delay instead of 2... Only thing is I'd have to bring the first few injections with me and give them there. That'd be fine with me as long as they don't need to test me inbetween ending bcp and starting injections? :shrug: Can any of you lovely ladies shed some light on that?

To be honest I think I really need to just stop second-guessing what they might or might not want me to do or which way my dates might or might not fall and just wait for them to go through their plan with me at the next apt when the bloodwork is back. Otherwise I'm going to drive myself crazy in the next few weeks with all this thinking and rethinking of all the possible options!! :wacko:

I'm heading for my bed now - night night all! :sleep:

Gettingbroody,Oh, I see, yeah since I am a carrier of Fragile X and CF, they had to do extensive bloodwork on him, which did take some time to come back.

gettingbroody: dh had to do all these tests and the re didnt want to see me until his were back.he had to get karotyped and other chrosome testing. it took 4 weeks at least. all was normal and no explaination for dh severe oligospermia after all that. if something would have come back it would have changed directions of the cycle. but waiting stinks! found iyt today i will be waiting another week for er and its driving me mad!

Well, I've just read through the first 50 pages of the thread!! Gone a bit cross-eyed! :wacko: Feel like I'm on a bit of a roller coaster with you all - catching up on months of posts in one go!! Will leave some more personal comments in the next day or two when I've read your full stories but in the meantime good luck to all those who are going brought EPU and ET right now. Fx'd that all those embies develop and stick! :dust:

AFM, I rang the FS earlier and spoke to one of the nurses and she said there's no way I can start anything until the blood tests are back and we've had our nurse consult :nope: I am quite cross right now because I really just don't see the harm in starting the bcp while we're waiting on results. Or, since we had to wait a few weeks for our first appointment why couldn't they have taken dhs bloods back then and the results would have been back in time for the apt!!:growlmad: Seems like they could save a lot of time if they just put some thought into it! So...the earliest I could be starting my three weeks of bcp (Look at me eager to go back on the pill! :haha:) is the very end of June but that would mean EPU when I'm supposed to be away on hols with DH in August and to be honest I can't see us deciding to cancel**our hols - its just money down the drain and also we might be glad of the holiday to look back on in the following months! So, looks like I won't even be starting the bcp til Aug or maybe Sept depending on my cycle dates. Endless endless waiting :-(

You are definitely not alone in this. I switched REs a few months ago because I felt the other one was wasting a cycle. I wanted to try Femara but he wouldn't even consider it and I felt like he blew me off. I love my new RE, she's willing to work with me just a little. I didn't even want the bcp, still don't understand why we have to be on them but I'm doing my best to trust this is how it has to be. I'm crossing my fingers for you that time flies by fast.

noasaint - the bcp before IVF is for suppression - to make your ovaries "quiet" before stimulating them. The idea is that a whole bunch of follicles should all grow together, instead of one taking over (which, unfortunately is what happened in my case).

gettingbroody: dh had to do all these tests and the re didnt want to see me until his were back.he had to get karotyped and other chrosome testing. it took 4 weeks at least. all was normal and no explaination for dh severe oligospermia after all that. if something would have come back it would have changed directions of the cycle. but waiting stinks! found iyt today i will be waiting another week for er and its driving me mad!

It's kind of reassuring to know that other clinics operate the same way and that it's not just my clinic being inefficient! It's obviously just the way things are done :shrug:

I feel for you being delayed by a week :hugs: Whats causing the delay? (apologies if you've already written it in an earlier post - I'm playing catch up!) I guess because the FS is seeing women like us everyday it becomes common-place to them and they don't feel the same urgency to not waste cycles that we do...

Hey ladies, hope you are all doing well and we get lots more BFP's this month.

I just wanted some advice just got confirmation that my 1st IVF cycle failed. I am just wondering what happens next do they change the procedure, my meds etc. What kind of things should I be asking at my next appointment?

I would ask what they think the problem is, and how are they going to approach it differently this time.

I'm sorry... :hugs:

Update - I just got home from another scan and more blood work. My doctor is on the fence about what to do with me - cancel or push forward. I have two big ones - 17mm, I think one at 14, a few at 12, maybe one or two at 11, and 4 or more are under ten. I don't know the total count. Overall she is just not happy at the way they are all over the place in terms of growth.

She said that if I was 40, she'd conclude this is the best we can hope for and move forward. But since I'm 34, and this is our first try, she said she think we can do better. She said that if this happens AGAIN next time, that we will just assume this is how my body reacts, and will push forward anyway. She also said she's not expecting to get 15 eggs out of me - (this is disappointing) - based on my AMH and AFC, but that she's hoping we can do better than this. She is also aware that we have a limited fertility benefit which will only (partially) cover one try, and then we are 100% out of pocket - so she doesn't want to possibly waste our fertility benefit on this cycle which is looking suboptimal.

We discussed converting to IUI, and also starting me on Estrace during my luteal phase so that if it is a BFN, we can move right into a new stim cycle. I am hoping the dates work out with the cruise we are supposed to take the week of July first. My husband also has some business travel planned in mid-late June that he says he cannot move (we'll see about that). I know we could always have his sperm frozen, but this is suboptimal, no? Fresh is better? So it's all up in the air. I will know more after talking to my nurse later today.

Nervous about canceling, and having the same (or worse) response next time... And worried the timing won't work out.

My doctor is also not thrilled about me traveling so soon after possible ET. Ugh.

gettingbroody > Sorry to hear about their incompetence in being able to plan forward. But I find that most of the staff at fertility clinics don’t get involved on a personal level, they deal with everything on a procedure basis and wont budge of it. The ability to think forward and plan forward is not existent. Its like our clinic, the receptionist is as cold as stone, even after my failure, but the fertility nurse is very sweet and helpful. But unfortunately we at the mercy of the receptionist making the appointments and getting results.

Maybe your holiday will bring along a surprise bfp and you don’t need IVF, everything happens for a reason, even if it is hard to deal with.

I only had a scan on CD3 to confirm Im ready to start stims but then again I was on the Short protocol so no BCP for me.

tiffttc > GL with you appointment at least it is only 4 days to go now!

Haj > Fx'd you don’t have OHSS, look after yourself!!!!

Noasaint > You don’t have to be on BCP, I didn’t have to take it at all. I was on the short protocol and also you get estrogen priming but it depends on your situation.

DancingDiva > Im so sorry girl :hugs: I know exactly how you feeling!!!!!!!!!! I wish I knew the answer to those questions as well but I suppose the follow up appointmnet will give more light on the subject. My is next Thurday and will post what my FS says once I get back. I know I had egg quality issues, even though my AMH and FSH levels are fine :wacko: I would assume maybe some testing and other meds for next cycle.

AFM > Started SMEP last night. Did my first OPK this morning and it is still negative not even close to positive, but we will get there. Will be giving this natural cycle all the chance it can get.

Daisy > :hugs: im so sorry, but atleast there has been some growth since yesterday, hasnt there?

I know this is heartbreaking but if she thinks it is better to change your protocol and try next month, i would go for that. Going through the whole process and going though the tww knowing that it has a minimal chance of working and it is your only covered cycle will be even worse to deal with. After dealing with a failed cycle you look at it completely differently believe me.

Look at the timing thing like this.
If you convert to IUI or TI then your cycle will end around the 6th and you will start wiht stims immediately and ER should be around the 16th-19th of June. And surely a boat cruise isnt that bad, it will be a relaxing time for you and that is what you need post transfer.Thats if you dont get that bfp of course :winkwink:
But if you continue with the IVF and it fails then you gonna have to take a month off afterwards which will be a natural cycle, so if you have a (fx'd) 28day cycle you will start wiht your next stims only around the 6th of July, and will need a scan before you start on CD2/3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"