IVF until we all get our bfp! 2012-present *13 w/twins & 1 w/triplets!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there!
I had my egg retrieval on April 13th. 46 eggs retrieved....44 had ICSI performed on them...and by day 5 before freezing we had 29 embies. On May 18th we had our embryo transfer. They thawed 2 and they did not survive the thaw...so 2 more were thawed and came through it beautifully. The transfer went super well. Currently PUPO with twins. Blood pregnancy test in one week.
(If you're interested in more info just ask =) )

Welcome :hi: Congrats on being PUPO and also getting so many eggs at ER!

If there is no lupron, you'll probably doing an antagonist protocol. The BCP are for "down regulation," then once they take you off BCP, you'll start stims, and eventually add in an "antagonist" like ganerelix or cetrocide (spelling??) to prevent ovulation.

This sounds about right. I'm very curious now as to how it will all go. One more week and I will find out.

Yes oop sucks! Thats an understatement. :growlmad: Thanks for all your quick replies.

So the clinic calls it a deposit but I just added up the cost for IVF and ICSI and it comes to what the "deposit" is. $9,460.00 so my question is is there anything usually due after this? In the beginning they said the estimated cost would be about $15-16,000. I'm thinking the cost has come down some since we had all the testing done. Insurance covers testing if it doesn't say it's for IVF. I know meds will still need to be added onto the 9,460.00 but what else could be added onto that. :shrug: Is there something after ET and ER that usually comes up? Do you think that price quote was including freezing? I'm going to call tomorrow and ask but I though I'd ask you ladies what you thought and your experiences. Sorry if this was a little confusing, my brain all the sudden just started going with numbers and now I'm a little lost.:dohh: I do have a sheet with everything broken down but somethings on there don't apply to me and hubby. I should add that yes everything does have to be paid in full before ER.

Hi there!
I had my egg retrieval on April 13th. 46 eggs retrieved....44 had ICSI performed on them...and by day 5 before freezing we had 29 embies. On May 18th we had our embryo transfer. They thawed 2 and they did not survive the thaw...so 2 more were thawed and came through it beautifully. The transfer went super well. Currently PUPO with twins. Blood pregnancy test in one week.
(If you're interested in more info just ask =) )

Welcome :hi: Congrats on being PUPO and also getting so many eggs at ER!

If there is no lupron, you'll probably doing an antagonist protocol. The BCP are for "down regulation," then once they take you off BCP, you'll start stims, and eventually add in an "antagonist" like ganerelix or cetrocide (spelling??) to prevent ovulation.

This sounds about right. I'm very curious now as to how it will all go. One more week and I will find out.

Yes oop sucks! Thats an understatement. :growlmad: Thanks for all your quick replies.

So the clinic calls it a deposit but I just added up the cost for IVF and ICSI and it comes to what the "deposit" is. $9,460.00 so my question is is there anything usually due after this? In the beginning they said the estimated cost would be about $15-16,000. I'm thinking the cost has come down some since we had all the testing done. Insurance covers testing if it doesn't say it's for IVF. I know meds will still need to be added onto the 9,460.00 but what else could be added onto that. :shrug: Is there something after ET and ER that usually comes up? Do you think that price quote was including freezing? I'm going to call tomorrow and ask but I though I'd ask you ladies what you thought and your experiences. Sorry if this was a little confusing, my brain all the sudden just started going with numbers and now I'm a little lost.:dohh: I do have a sheet with everything broken down but somethings on there don't apply to me and hubby. I should add that yes everything does have to be paid in full before ER.

We paid up front as well.. .expect they didn't call it a "deposit".. it was the price of the IVF minus medication. Aside from the IVF initial price, we paid for medication, and assisted hatching. those were the only extras we paid for. We haven't paid for freezing yet.. im assuming they will charge us when I go back for my first blood test.

It's strange they are calling it a " deposit" and not your total! Hope my info helped! :)

Thanks Annette that did help. We are just sitting here confused about what else we have to pay for besides the meds, IVF, and ICSI. I don't like that they call it a deposit. It's not like we get it back. I guess the only thing I can do is call tomorrow and ask a bunch of questions.

Did you do a day 5 transfer? Why was assisted hatching needed? If you don't mind me asking.

Thanks Annette that did help. We are just sitting here confused about what else we have to pay for besides the meds, IVF, and ICSI. I don't like that they call it a deposit. It's not like we get it back. I guess the only thing I can do is call tomorrow and ask a bunch of questions.

Did you do a day 5 transfer? Why was assisted hatching needed? If you don't mind me asking.

I don't mind you asking at all.. we did a 5 day transfer. We chose to do assisted hatching as the doc said that women with " older" eggs.. ( above 35 ) have benefitted from the assisted hatching.. and since I am so close to 35 ( i'm 34 1/2) we decided we wanted to increase the chances of getting pregnant. We've gone this far.. what's an extra $375 to help the chances a bit. (even though there really wasn't concrete evidence that proved it to be effective on women younger than 35). .. I just figured since i'm so close to the cut off age we may as well give it a shot!

We did ICSI as well. :)

s08~ I just wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow. :flower:

Tink31~ Did you trigger tonight?

Blue~ Good luck at your scan tomorrow!

Tella~ I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow. I hope you get some answers and some good news about the next cycle. :thumbup:

Congrats to all the BFP's, it is such a hard journey but the reward is definitely worth it.

Lulu, Im so sorry to read about your news :hugs:

AFM > Sorry im battling to keep up with this thread, it moves so quickly :) My appointmnet is today, will let you all know what he says.

My doc hasn't brought up assisted hatching but I am gonna do icsi. I have to pay the day I start stims. Finally getting some spotting so af should arrive tomorrow. Been eating a ton already in my one day home. I feel huge and gross which is likely a combo of lupron and premenstrual (and my good old fashioned fridge raids). My parents had all kinds of yummies waiting for me. Pickled herring (weird I know but it is crazy fattening so I don't buy it). Philly pretzels, watermelon, leftover chocolate cake (an amazing recipe I found on the net and my mom kept). Then we had lobster for dinner (much much cheaper on the east coast than california). Had a 3lb one to myself. None of us finished the tails so there is a ton for lobster salad. Also went out for Rita's Italian ice. Sigh, it is great going home even if I won't fit in my airplane seat going back.

Started BCP in late April, Lupron 5/13, and Follistim this Sunday 5/27, with ER around the first week of June! No big side effects so far(mild headaches with Lupron). Best of luck to all of us! :happydance:

Hi Loyla. I recognise a few of us here from over at Hopeful's new thread. Best of luck.:hugs:

Hi ladies! How is everyone? Sorry for the silence, this recovery is a bit more rough than I expected so just laying low

Congrats to the bfps! Wow! Like tella said, it was all worth it xo

Jchic I hope you're feeling better soon!!!

Just got back from the dr. They said the amount of fluid I had went down but my ovaries are still huge. So they want me to continue my regiment and take it easy. Also I found out that the blasts they put back were already hatching. That's good right???

I don't have time to catch up on all the posts this morning, but wanted to update you ladies since you have been so supportive. I tested last night and again this morning, and the lines are pretty darn dark! I should be sooo excited, but I'm still spotting (quite a lot actually - brown), and have cramps just like AF. So, I am very cautiously optimistic. Off to my beta. Will update later today with results later.

Hey ladies just wanted to give you a qucik update thsi morning. Hope you are all well I had scan and b\w this morning. Lining looked good and for follicles I have 5 at 10, 1 at 11, and 11 under 10. She said I will probably stay on the same dosage depending on my b\w and then in on Saturday for monitoring.

I am feeling a bit better as far as headache but just tired and hungry. Anyone else feel hungry while stimming?

Yay S08! So exciting! Congrats!

Haj, hatching blasts is excellent - I have a good feeling!

Jchic, :hugs: Take it easy and feel better soon girl!

So8 -yayyy fingers crossed for you

Blue-sounds good

Daisy-thanks love!!!

S08- Good luck!!! A dark line is great!!!

Haj - hatching is really great!!! So excited for you!!

Bluestorm - sounds like things are progressing really good! When I did my first IVF, I was hungry all the time during stimming.

I go for my blood test this morning to see if there is anything else that caused my MC in march; hopefully it comes back with nothing, but those results take up to 10 days.

S08, Good luck w/Beta!!!

Blue, hopefully I will be right behind you w/stimming

Congrats to all the BFP's, it is such a hard journey but the reward is definitely worth it.

Lulu, Im so sorry to read about your news :hugs:

AFM > Sorry im battling to keep up with this thread, it moves so quickly :) My appointmnet is today, will let you all know what he says.

Good luck Tella!!

Hi ladies! How is everyone? Sorry for the silence, this recovery is a bit more rough than I expected so just laying low

Congrats to the bfps! Wow! Like tella said, it was all worth it xo

Feel Better!

S08, Good luck w/Beta!!!

Blue, hopefully I will be right behind you w/stimming

I hope you start soon. When will you find out?

I go in June 4th. I take estrogen patch first, so I am not sure how long i have to be on those. I feel like we are always, waiting, waiting, waiting. I am hoping my the end of June, begininng of July, it'll be worth the wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"