Jan/Feb 2023 Bundles of Joy!!!

We are Team Blue :cloud9::dance: he's an absolute dreamboat ladies x feeding like a dream on me and soooooo content x I had a horrible time in theatre though they accidentally cut into my bladder so the 35 minute surgery ended up taking 3 hours then 3 hours in recovery it was honestly just awful x

View attachment 1113731 View attachment 1113732
Aww congrats on the boy, he is so chubby and cute aww… I love it. Sorry you had to go thru something also. Idk how the hell they even did that but I’m glad you’re well. What’s his name?

Good luck to the mums with future babies coming very soon. In case I miss you guys or you get too busy to get on. I totally understand being busy. I’m always drained now lol. I forget so much, I don’t even remember to call ppl lol

I met with my consultant yesterday and I have decided to try an induction rather than scheduled c section, but I’m only going to go down the mechanical induction route rather than medical, so I’ll have a membrane sweep at 37 weeks, and then at 38 weeks I will go in for Dilapan-S, which are rods that they insert into your cervix and they slowly expand to dilate the cervix, and then I’ll have my waters broken, if they don’t break spontaneously with the Dilapan-S. Hopefully one or all of these will be enough to get labour started, but if not I will take the c section as the risks of VBAC double with medical induction using synthetic hormones and there are other risks for my personal circumstances too. Fingers crossed though! Still no date yet which is making me anxious as my consultant wants baby out by 38 weeks, and I’m 35 on Monday!

Last edited:
Is it only me still waiting for my baby in here now?? :shock: Can't believe how fast the time has gone since we all had only just got our BFPs! How is everyone else getting on? Hope you are adjusting okay to life as new mums and that you and your precious babies are all doing well?

I'm 35 + 1 today - only 3 weeks to go until I get my induction now. Although my consultants are being a bit slow on communicating with the hospital they want me to deliver at which is causing me major anxiety! Surely I should have an appointment for the induction by now, or at least should have met with the consultants who will be taking over my care when I transfer to the new hospital?? :confused: I tried self-referring to the hospital my consultants have said they think I should deliver at, but they won't talk to me until they have heard from my current hospital! Hope I hear something soon. I next see my midwife on 24th Feb, so if I haven't heard anything by then I will ask her to chase it up again.

Is it only me still waiting for my baby in here now?? :shock: Can't believe how fast the time has gone since we all had only just got our BFPs! How is everyone else getting on? Hope you are adjusting okay to life as new mums and that you and your precious babies are all doing well?

I'm 35 + 1 today - only 3 weeks to go until I get my induction now. Although my consultants are being a bit slow on communicating with the hospital they want me to deliver at which is causing me major anxiety! Surely I should have an appointment for the induction by now, or at least should have met with the consultants who will be taking over my care when I transfer to the new hospital?? :confused: I tried self-referring to the hospital my consultants have said they think I should deliver at, but they won't talk to me until they have heard from my current hospital! Hope I hear something soon. I next see my midwife on 24th Feb, so if I haven't heard anything by then I will ask her to chase it up again.
I'm also still waiting for my baby! I'm 36 + 3 today and can't believe she will be here so soon. I've started losing my mucus plug and have been having more frequent cramps and Braxton hicks contractions, so I'm hoping she will be here before 40 weeks. I'm having a cervical check next Monday to see how I'm progressing, as well as a follow-up growth scan since she was measuring 2.5 weeks ahead last time. At 34 + 6, she was measuring 7.5 pounds! My bp is a little elevated so they did labs at my appointment yesterday to make sure I don't have protein in my urine or any signs of early pre-eclampsia. Other than that, I'm feeling pretty good, just anxious for her arrival. We have everything ready for her in her nursery and I just want her here! That's exciting that you are only a few weeks away from your induction!

I'm also still waiting for my baby! I'm 36 + 3 today and can't believe she will be here so soon. I've started losing my mucus plug and have been having more frequent cramps and Braxton hicks contractions, so I'm hoping she will be here before 40 weeks. I'm having a cervical check next Monday to see how I'm progressing, as well as a follow-up growth scan since she was measuring 2.5 weeks ahead last time. At 34 + 6, she was measuring 7.5 pounds! My bp is a little elevated so they did labs at my appointment yesterday to make sure I don't have protein in my urine or any signs of early pre-eclampsia. Other than that, I'm feeling pretty good, just anxious for her arrival. We have everything ready for her in her nursery and I just want her here! That's exciting that you are only a few weeks away from your induction!

Hey! Glad to have some company still! I hope the cervical check and growth scan go well. I wish we got routine cervix checks in the U.K. as I’m dead curious about what my cervix is doing (if anything!) but it’s not something we are offered. I’m getting lots of braxton hicks and pelvic pressure so feel like my cervix might be thinning out but who knows! I get a sweep in 2 weeks so will at least find out then if my cervix is open at all.

Goodness your little one is a fair size :shock: Have they said anything about inducing early if baby continues to look very big? I know the main thing they look for is whether baby is following their own growth curve on their charts, but I think the threshold here is once baby hits 10lb or more they recommend induction. My little one was measuring 5lb at my last growth scan at 34 weeks which they say is the 10th percentile but I think it’s a good size! My twins were born at 34 weeks and weighed 4lb each, and my eldest was only 6lb when she was born at 38 weeks, so I feel like this one is doing pretty well being 5lb already! I have another growth scan on 30 Jan so will get an updated foetal weight estimate then.

I also feel quite excited and anxious to meet baby now. I finally got my car fixed and car seat installed and think that’s everything ready - now we just wait!! :headspin: I’ll just be over here over-analysing every little twinge and tightening that I feel wondering if this might be the start of things 8-[

Hey! Glad to have some company still! I hope the cervical check and growth scan go well. I wish we got routine cervix checks in the U.K. as I’m dead curious about what my cervix is doing (if anything!) but it’s not something we are offered. I’m getting lots of braxton hicks and pelvic pressure so feel like my cervix might be thinning out but who knows! I get a sweep in 2 weeks so will at least find out then if my cervix is open at all.

Goodness your little one is a fair size :shock: Have they said anything about inducing early if baby continues to look very big? I know the main thing they look for is whether baby is following their own growth curve on their charts, but I think the threshold here is once baby hits 10lb or more they recommend induction. My little one was measuring 5lb at my last growth scan at 34 weeks which they say is the 10th percentile but I think it’s a good size! My twins were born at 34 weeks and weighed 4lb each, and my eldest was only 6lb when she was born at 38 weeks, so I feel like this one is doing pretty well being 5lb already! I have another growth scan on 30 Jan so will get an updated foetal weight estimate then.

I also feel quite excited and anxious to meet baby now. I finally got my car fixed and car seat installed and think that’s everything ready - now we just wait!! :headspin: I’ll just be over here over-analysing every little twinge and tightening that I feel wondering if this might be the start of things 8-[
They ended up not doing my cervical check, I just had a routine OB check, but they rescheduled my cervical check and growth scan repeat for next Monday (1/23)!. I'm nervous about the cervical check because I've heard they can be painful or very uncomfortable but I'm also super curious! Since I"ve lost some of my mucus plug and I've been feeling lots of pelvic pressure, cramping, and Braxton hicks contractions, I just feel like I must be starting to dilate, but who knows. Yeah, they are estimating her to be quite large. Depending on how the next growth scan goes, if she's looking much larger, they will discuss the possibility of a c-section with me to prevent problems with birthing a baby that is too large. I'm also over-analyzing every twinge, my google search history is all about what early labor feels like and wave-like cramping lol. It's hard to tell sometimes because baby girl is sooo active, so sometimes I can't tell if I'm having contractions or if it's her moving. Oh well, I guess it's time to just wait and see! All I know is that I'm ready for maternity leave to start, my work motivation is so low at this point!

I know what you mean about not being sure if it’s a contraction or baby movements! My LO is a real wriggler too and when they stretch out it feels like the whole side of my uterus they’re laying on has gone rock solid!

I hope your appointment goes well on Monday! I’m also really curious to know if I’ve had any cervical changes as I’m getting soooo many tightenings and so much pelvic pressure! They could be doing nothing at all but I’d be surprised! I should get my sweep in just over a week - I have my next midwife appointment on Tuesday so I’ll ask her then if we can make the appointment to sweep my membranes.

Really not long to go now for either of us - it’s all so exciting!! I have finally washed all of baby’s clothes and put the away in their drawers. We’re pretty much ready now and just waiting for baby to arrive whenever they are ready :)

Last edited:
I know what you mean about not being sure if it’s a contraction or baby movements! My LO is a real wriggler too and when they stretch out it feels like the whole side of my uterus they’re laying on has gone rock solid!

I hope your appointment goes well on Monday! I’m also really curious to know if I’ve had any cervical changes as I’m getting soooo many tightenings and so much pelvic pressure! They could be doing nothing at all but I’d be surprised! I should get my sweep in just over a week - I have my next midwife appointment on Tuesday so I’ll ask her then if we can make the appointment to sweep my membranes.

Really not long to go now for either of us - it’s all so exciting!! I have finally washed all of baby’s clothes and put the away in their drawers. We’re pretty much ready now and just waiting for baby to arrive whenever they are ready :)
Update: Well this is super unexpected but I'm being induced tomorrow morning at 3AM!! I went in for my normal OB appointment yesterday and she measured around 8.2lbs, I was around 2-2.5cm dilated, but they were concerned about my skin itchiness because they are worried about cholestasis. Those blood tests take too long to come back so they were planning on scheduling me an induction within the next week but I got a phone call that it's going to be 18 hours from now! So crazy! I'm in shock and feel like I have so much to do all of a sudden.

Update: Well this is super unexpected but I'm being induced tomorrow morning at 3AM!! I went in for my normal OB appointment yesterday and she measured around 8.2lbs, I was around 2-2.5cm dilated, but they were concerned about my skin itchiness because they are worried about cholestasis. Those blood tests take too long to come back so they were planning on scheduling me an induction within the next week but I got a phone call that it's going to be 18 hours from now! So crazy! I'm in shock and feel like I have so much to do all of a sudden.

Wow, I can only imagine how shocking that must have been, but also exciting right?? You get to meet your little one! I really hope all has gone well with the induction. Looking forward to hearing an update :)

As for me, I STILL don't have my induction date!! I saw my midwife yesterday and expressed that I was starting to feel quite anxious about the fact that my OB had said she wants me to deliver by 38 weeks and yet no arrangements have been made. My midwife is going to contact the consultant and ask for the go ahead to get me booked in and let me know when it will be. I get a sweep next week when I see my midwife on Wednesday (1st Feb) and hopefully she'll have an update then - and a date for me!

Honestly, I'm hoping my body spontaneously goes into labour before then! I've been eating lots of dates and doing as much walking as I can to try to encourage things along, and yesterday I went to an acupuncturist to receive acupuncture that's supposed to help my body prepare for labour and ripen the cervix etc. I started hand expressing milk today and have a couple of ml colostrum in the freezer already in case I can't get baby to the breast for whatever reason straight away. I think I'll start doing a couple of minutes of nipple stimulation each evening to try to make sure my body is as prepared as possible when I do go in for the induction. I've also been using evening primrose oil capsules (inserting them vaginally) - doing everything that I possibly can to try to get my body ready at this point! I really want to avoid a second cesarean so I want to make sure my body is as receptive to induction as possible, especially as they'll only do the mechanical induction - they won't give the pessary or the Pitocin because of the risk of uterine rupture in a VBAC.

I have an unexpected appointment at triage this afternoon as my iron and haemoglobin levels dropped significantly between 28 and 34 weeks and I'm now quite anaemic. Honestly, I'm hoping they give me an iron infusion today as I'm really struggling with the fatigue. I've been on oral iron supplements at the max dose since about 20 weeks so don't know what else they might suggest other than getting the iron in intravenously.

Honestly, I'm a little envious of your unexpected induction - I've still got a few more days yet until my LO will be considered fully cooked (37 weeks next Monday) but at this point I think I'd be quite relieved and excited if at my next appointment they said "Okay, you're going to have your baby now!" Really hope all goes / has gone well for you @Megan0625 Fingers crossed for a positive birth experience and healthy mum and baby at the end of it [-o<

I had my final growth scan yesterday. Baby is now estimated to weigh 6lb 2oz - if that's accurate they're already heavier than my biggest baby yet (my eldest was 6lb 1oz and my twins were 4lb 3oz and 4lb 5oz). I see my midwife and consultant tomorrow and am hoping to get the date for my induction, which should be happening next week! My midwife is giving me a sweep tomorrow, but at only 37 weeks + 2 days I don't know how likely it is that that will have any effect - hopefully it will at least help prepare my body more for labour so that it's more receptive to the induction when it comes to it. I had acupuncture to try to ripen my cervix as well and my acupuncturist (also a qualified midwife) said she'd recommend a series of 3 sweeps 48 hours apart before the induction. I don't know how receptive my antenatal care team will be to that idea though, but I'll mention it and see what they think - it might be a case of whether they can fit me in at the maternity unit or not!

We finally found out why my haemoglobin levels kept tanking despite me being on oral iron supplements since 20 weeks - my B12 is low. So I've been getting B12 injections every 3 days since last week, and I'm getting an iron infusion directly into my blood system tomorrow - hoping for a good boost of energy from that. Hopefully that will give me the strength my body needs to go through labour as at the moment I'm struggling just getting through the day awake and small activities like getting up out of bed and walking from room to room are leaving me extremely breathless and faint.

@Megan0625, Really hoping everything went okay for you. Do update us when you can!

@Starbuck88 i had our beautiful baby girl on 1/25/23 at 4:18pm via an unplanned c-section! She is absolutely perfect and I’m so in love ❤️ We went in for an induction at 3am but things didn’t go as planned and it ended in a c-section but it was so worth it to have our baby girl in our arms. She weighed 8lbs 2oz, exactly as the sonographer predicted at the growth scan! I’ve been so busy with her but in the best possible way. I hope you are doing well! And I hope you get to meet your little one very very soon!

@Starbuck88 i had our beautiful baby girl on 1/25/23 at 4:18pm via an unplanned c-section! She is absolutely perfect and I’m so in love ❤️ We went in for an induction at 3am but things didn’t go as planned and it ended in a c-section but it was so worth it to have our baby girl in our arms. She weighed 8lbs 2oz, exactly as the sonographer predicted at the growth scan! I’ve been so busy with her but in the best possible way. I hope you are doing well! And I hope you get to meet your little one very very soon!

Congratulations lovely.

I had my final growth scan yesterday. Baby is now estimated to weigh 6lb 2oz - if that's accurate they're already heavier than my biggest baby yet (my eldest was 6lb 1oz and my twins were 4lb 3oz and 4lb 5oz). I see my midwife and consultant tomorrow and am hoping to get the date for my induction, which should be happening next week! My midwife is giving me a sweep tomorrow, but at only 37 weeks + 2 days I don't know how likely it is that that will have any effect - hopefully it will at least help prepare my body more for labour so that it's more receptive to the induction when it comes to it. I had acupuncture to try to ripen my cervix as well and my acupuncturist (also a qualified midwife) said she'd recommend a series of 3 sweeps 48 hours apart before the induction. I don't know how receptive my antenatal care team will be to that idea though, but I'll mention it and see what they think - it might be a case of whether they can fit me in at the maternity unit or not!

We finally found out why my haemoglobin levels kept tanking despite me being on oral iron supplements since 20 weeks - my B12 is low. So I've been getting B12 injections every 3 days since last week, and I'm getting an iron infusion directly into my blood system tomorrow - hoping for a good boost of energy from that. Hopefully that will give me the strength my body needs to go through labour as at the moment I'm struggling just getting through the day awake and small activities like getting up out of bed and walking from room to room are leaving me extremely breathless and faint.

@Megan0625, Really hoping everything went okay for you. Do update us when you can!

Good luck hon

Eeekkkkk congratulations huny hope you're both doing amazing.

@Starbuck88 any updates since you posted huny?. Not long now yayyy x

I've just been completely consumed with my little man who is now a whole month old as of yesterday. Time truly does just fly by in a blink x hope everyone is doing well x x x x x

BeautyPlus_20230207084924019_save.jpg BeautyPlus_20230205163142932_save.jpg

Eeekkkkk congratulations huny hope you're both doing amazing.

@Starbuck88 any updates since you posted huny?. Not long now yayyy x

I've just been completely consumed with my little man who is now a whole month old as of yesterday. Time truly does just fly by in a blink x hope everyone is doing well x x x x x

View attachment 1114224 View attachment 1114225

He is so cute hon.
Wow a month already. Time really does fly.

Sadly I’m still ttc my rainbow. Going past my due date on February 22nd was very hard and spent most the day crying.
Was so hoping to be pregnant with my rainbow by now but maybe it’s just not meant to be.
I did get a surprise BFP last cycle after 8 months of bfn. But unfortunately it was a chemical so 3 losses now in almost 13 months of ttc.
Want to give up but going to keep trying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->