January 2020 Garnets

I'd leave it alone. No tea. Theres no guarantee this baby/labor will be like your other. I know mine weren't.

Anababe gorgeous bump! I can’t believe how close it’s all getting!

Sophie I’m desperate to start washing clothes and organising now but can’t until the building work is done! I’m hoping I can start before Christmas, would love to be organised by the beginning of January but it’s looking less and less likely.

FitMama 8 weeks!! That’s so exciting! I think I’ve changed my mind about the nursery now lol! I might do blue with lots of star and moon stuff as those prints are everywhere at the moment and I think it’ll be easier! That’s fab you’re all done now I bet it’s lovely :) having someone assemble it all sounds like a dream!

Beadle I’ve heard of lots of women using the tea but I have no knowledge of it. Whether you do or don’t try it I hope this labour is easier for you than last time! I’m so sorry about your shower that must have been so hurtful. It’s good you’ve got most of the bits you need so you can relax these last few weeks.

I’m super stressed at the moment. Wish we’d never started the renovations as it’s all getting a bit much and it seems it’s not going to be finished by the time baby is here. I just really want to be relaxing and enjoying the last few weeks of pregnancy, but I’ve had to take three days off work this week to rip up carpets, tear down wallpaper, sand walls and floors, and move our kitchen stuff into the attic, with essentials in our bedroom, ready for the walls to come down. And now the kitchen is all ordered and coming next Friday, we have only a toaster machine and plates in the bedroom to cook with until the new one is installed (all after my dad said he’d be knocking the wall out today), he hasn’t turned up. Gah! Literally every room in the house is chaos at the moment. I’m shattered! There’s just nowhere safe for the baby at the moment so I just have to keep pushing forward until we have a space I can nest in and make our little haven in the midst of all this!

Aah red that sounds really stressful hope you manage to get some space sorted!

Had my 34 week midwife check today, baby is happy and healthy. Every urine sample I do seems to come back with sign of infection but nothing comes back after been sent to be tested so not too worried about that. Did my fundal height and it's at 34cm which I assumed was just right but I've jumped up to the 90th centile so bit worried about a big baby now, my last was 8lb and biggest I've had was 8lb7 so hoping hes not much more than that! Not so good news is my bloods that were taken at 28 weeks showed quite low iron, my ferritin was only 6 and my HB was 104 so just over the 100 cut off for home birth, she said to double the iron tablets now and try my best to get it up, I havent been taking my tablets for last 4 weeks as they make me feel so sick, but she said as my bloods were 6 weeks ago my levels could have dropped further, so I need bloods to be checked again at 36 week appt and to make sure I dont miss them. I really hate taking them but I'm just exhausted all the time so I know I need to. Baby was happy though having a good wriggle when she was checking heartbeat.

Red- I'm sorry to hear that you are having a tough time at home with home renovations. Please take it easy and do not over do yourself!! Im sure all will be done before baby gets here, even if it doesn't seem it at the moment.

Beadle - I have never used that product before but I don't think it would make a huge difference in the labour side of things. Have you tried googling it to see if anyone has any experience of it?

My baby isn't going to have his own room. We have a 3 bedroom house so the boys are going to have to share. It's a bit dissapointing as I love to decorate the nursery room but it is what it is I suppose. Most of babys clothes are grey, black or white. His bedding is dumbo and he has a grey cot. When he goes into his brothers room, they will be having a grey room with white stars on the wall I think. I needed something to suit them both as when they share, baby will be 1 and my eldest will be 9! It's harder than you think to decorate suitably for such huge age gaps. Can't be too grown up, but can't be too babyish. Hopefully it looks OK in the long run! X

Anababe glad everything is looking good! Apparently if the pot you get given to pee in isn’t completely sterile that can sometimes cause a false positive on the dip test? It happened to me but annoyingly they made me take antibiotics before the lab results were back, when I never needed to take them. I hope you still get to have your home birth and that he isn’t too big! I’ve just had to start taking iron too so I feel your pain!

Sophie I like the ideas you have for their room! That is hard to decorate when they have a gap like that but I’m sure it’ll be lovely!

Just seen my midwife and baby is head down and engaged!! I’m so not ready! Eek!

Head down is normal. Babys still move a lot at this point. It doesnt mean labor is coming

I know head down is normal Now, but I think it is a bit early to be fully engaged? That’s what my midwife said anyway, although she said that it doesn’t necessarily mean that labour will start soon, just that he is in position and ready to go, so if I do have any other signs I should check in.

How exciting red that he's head down and engaged!

I still can't believe that within a matter of weeks, we will all be meeting our little miracles. 49 days left (or less if I go into labour naturally) for me. Its scary and exciting!

I've got my 32 week growth Scan in an hour so get to check in on baby and see how he's doing. X

Red head - we won’t be decorating a nursery this time as we don’t even have a room for baby. She’ll sleep in our room for at least the first year if not longer, and then we will hopefully be able
to afford a bigger place. I have many fond memories of decorating the nursery with our first baby, though! I’d love to see pictures of your finalized nursery once you’re done if you’d like to share!

anababe - what a beautiful bump! You look gorgeous! I am so sorry this pregnancy has been so incredibly rough on you.

Fit mama - I would love to see pics of your nursery when it is done!

Beadle - I am sorry you are dealing with the breathlessness as well! That is unfortunate that it’s even hard for you to lie on your side. I am okay on my left side, but even on my right side or if I’m slanted a bit more towards my back, I get that same feeling of the artery being cut off. No fun!
I am SO sorry about so many people not bothering to show up to your shower after saying they would. That must have been so hurtful. You deserved to have everyone there for you making it as special of a day as possible! Hugs! I am glad you still managed to have fun with the few people that were there.

I will respond to the others in another post, as it is hard to remember everyone’s responses from different pages.

Beadle - I haven’t tried red raspberry tea, but one thing you could try that might not help but won’t do any harm is eating 6 dates per day in the last month of pregnancy. There was a small study suggesting it can help ripen the cervix. I tried it with my second and I had an incredibly fast labour with her. It could be 100% unrelated, but at least eating dates can’t be harmful!
Here is a link to the study if you’re interested:
The effect of late pregnancy consumption of date fruit on labour and delivery. - PubMed - NCBI

Sophie - hope your growth scan goes well!

red head - that’s exciting that baby is head down and engaged! That does seem early to be engaged, but I think it can happen earlier with the first baby. I’m sure you have quite a bit of time left, but it’s good to know that baby is in the right position at least!

I am sorry you’re feeling so stressed about the renovations. We had renovations in our house before I had dd1 and I remember feeling incredibly stressed about it. When you’re expecting a baby, it just feels so much better when your house is settled and there’s a place for baby to go that’s safe. I hope you are able to finish everything up in time to prepare for baby fully.

Anababe - I hope you can get your iron back up before the birth.

Had my scan on Thursday, baby is growing well and is estimated at 5lb already! I had to see my consultant after who asked how I'd been. I told them about all the breathlessness I had been experiencing and I got admitted into hospital for the night.

They have been concerned I may have a pulmonary embolism due to having many risk factors for blood clots. I told them that I don't think it's a PE as have no other symptoms and I thought I was just anemic again.

Bloods have been taken and iron levels have come down from 129 to 107. They said that you have to be 105 to be anemic which is ridiculous as I have almost every symptom and was very short of breath when my last bloods were 104.

I discharged myself from hospital on Friday as I had no childcare for the kids. Been having to go in twice a day for strong blood thinners (they can't give me them to do myself as they have to discard 5ml out of the 100ml syringes!). I have to go in at 8am and 8pm every day. Its been a complete nightmare as I don't drive and having to cart the kids around with me at silly hours.

Got to have a scan of my chest on Tuesday (I think it's called a vq scan or soemthing like that). Was supposed to be Friday but they didn't have any radioactive dye left. There is a shortage in the whole country apparently.

Feeling stressed with it all but guess what is keeping me going!? WE ARE DUE NEXT MONTH!! literally so excited.

Oh gosh Sophie that sounds awful! I hope you’re okay! That’s good baby is such a good size already!
I hadn’t really twigged until you said that but yes finally! We are having an actual baby next month!!! Madness! Just hope it doesn’t end up being this month! :)

Me too Red, I already have my sons birthday on 27th of this month. I don't think my bank could take another December child :lol::lol:

Sorry Sophie! And going twice a day sounds like the biggest pain! How long do you have to do that for? 5 lbs is a good sized baby! I know mine measures on the big side too. I’m guessing about 4.5 lbs or a little more based on previous weight estimates they gave me.
I’m still on bedrest. Contractions are a bit more intense lately. Mainly just before bed. They scare me when they get strong like that. And I’m still getting 4-6 an hour. Can’t imagine how many I would get if I wasn’t on bedrest.
Here is my belly this morning. 32 weeks. It’s suddenly poking out far. And almost looks like I’ve dropped. I normally carry pretty high

5CCE9453-0BB5-4BEF-BBD8-09CEA5DADA27.jpeg

Great photo Ashley Beautiful bump ...I'll try and get a photo of mine. I'm more whale but then I was overweught to start with Not too bad before the IVF process though.

Sophie that sounds like really hard work. How long do you need to continue that for? I had to stop and register your comment about having our babies next month ...wow!

I had my 32 week consultant meeting today. Section is provisionally booked for the 20th January That is only 6 days before due date but my daughter was 10 days over so hopefully baby won't try to arrive before.

How is everyone feeling? I've had a sickness bug this weekend. I'm hoping that all my illness luck has surely ended now! I'm starting to feel rather uncomfy just under my bust and back. I don't recall this at such an early stage with my first but think it's just because I'm bugger this time.

Hope everyone else is doing okay...we are on the count down now!!

Ashley that’s a gorgeous bump! I haven’t taken a photo for ages - I’ve put on so much weight and feel just disgusting! I really feel for you with the contractions. I hope you’re holding up okay! You must be going stir crazy with all the bed rest.

Goingforit - that’s so exciting you have a date! Feels so crazy it’s so soon!! Can’t believe this is all happening! Sorry you’ve not been poorly - but better to get them out the way now!

Glad you’re doing good OnErth.

Can't believe it's our turn next month (and possibly later this month!) either!

Hope everything settles down for you Sophie, that sounds stressful for sure.

Great bump Ashley and glad baby has stayed put for you even though you're still having contractions.

Can't believe there is only 6 weekends (the only time we have to get baby stuff done) before my c-section and one of those is my son's birthday weekend...we need to get our Xmas tree and lights up next weekend. It feels like something we don't remotely have time for but we have to make the time for our son's sake, he loves Christmas so much.

Had a scare on Saturday and didn't feel baby at all except in the morning. Nothing I did (drinking juice, jiggling my belly, eating ice cream, jumping up and down) helped so I went to the hospital for a stress test. Thankfully he was fine and must have been tucked in behind my anterior placenta because we could hear him moving like crazy on the monitor but I couldn't feel any of it!

Gah six weekends sounds mad!! That’s made me panic!
That sounds so scary, I’m glad everything was okay! I get similar where the placenta is anterior and I feel so sorry for him because I sit poking and jiggling trying to feel something! I’m glad you went to the hospital and he was okay.

anyone else getting really bad painful boobs? I’m getting this prickly pain with leaking every day now and it’s so sore at times. I’ve also started getting fairly painful cramps on and off, plus Braxton hicks getting more frequent. I’m really not ready for him to come so hoping this is all normal and just what happens at this stage?

Red head - Braxton Hicks are very normal at this point, but I would mention to your doctor about the painful cramps. They’re probably normal too, but worth mentioning. Also, things like a UTI can also cause cramps/contractions.

That is interesting about your painful boobs. I haven’t had that sensation before I don’t think, although I do get that tingling feeling when I’m having a let down but it doesn’t hurt.

Fit mama - only 6 weekends isn’t much time at all! Yikes! That is scary about the baby not moving the other day. I’m glad the stress test showed that everything was fine.

Going for it - I’m sorry you got a sickness bug! I came down with a stomach bug yesterday. :( I am still recovering but it has been fairly mild so I am thankful for that least. I threw up at work, which was gross.

That’s exciting that your c section is booked! 6 days before your due date sounds good!

Ashley - you have such a beautiful bump and have stayed so slim everywhere else! Thanks for sharing. So sorry that the contractions are still so bad. :(

sophie - that sounds extremely stressful and inconvenient to have to go to the hospital twice a day! I’m very sorry to hear that. Hopefully your scan/testing shows that there’s nothing to worry about.
5 lb sounds like a good sized baby already!

AFM - as I mentioned, I got sick with the stomach flu last night. Thankfully, it’s been fairly mild. It’s just been a very long, drawn out process because my dd1 got sick last week on Tuesday night and was sick for several days, and then dd2 got sick on Fri night. We thought we were finally in the clear, but DH and I both got sick last night. Argh! It also interrupted our weekend plans because we had arranged a babysitter so we could do our Christmas shopping but had to cancel.

I bought baby a couple cute outfits and PJs on Black Friday. I hadn’t bought baby a single thing this pregnancy, so it made it feel a bit more real to buy something for her (even though we have tons of girl clothes already).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->