January 2020 Garnets

My c-section is also scheduled for Jan 20. Now will I make it to then? Probably not

Good to hear! Do they think a couple more weeks before you can take her home? Is she on oxygen? Have you been able to breastfeed?

Sorry I’ve not been replying, I have been reading everything. OnErth I’m so glad you’re both doing well! Looking forward to hearing you’re both safely home. I hope your other kids are doing okay with you being at the hospital?

Ashley I’m sorry you’ve had so much stress! You’ve done so well to make it this far with everything going on, I bet you’ll be relived to hold them now!

Beadle i can’t believe how close you are! Wishing you a lovely smooth delivery! So exciting!

Literati I would be livid if my husband wanted to go on holiday! He’s an area manager for work and starting in January I won’t even let him visit his furthest sites as they are 6 hours away. Sometimes men just don’t get it though, so I would put your foot down. He’d be devastated if he missed it I’m sure.

Goingforit I get the same feeling like he’s trying to break out my belly button! I hope you’re doing okay otherwise!

I’ve been poorly this week with a dodgy tummy most mornings and exhausted. I’m not sure if it’s stress as the house is actually worse than it was somehow. I thought it may be a bug but no one else has got it, and I’m still able to eat and drink normally in the afternoons. It’s making work very difficult though. I was wondering if it was the clear out but not sure it would last that long? Other than we’re doing okay. I’ve been told I may be induced 2nd Jan depending on how my scan goes that day. We’ll see. I can’t wait to meet him, just wish the house was ready for him!

Red, I've been meaning to post... I understand now about not having anything ready. I mean, I kind of did before but now I really do. Of course she wont come home tomorrow but I'm still freaking out. I dont have 6 more weeks to get the stuff together. I could have tomorrow, whenever they tell me. I just show up and they say shes going home.

---
Yes we have been able to nurse. She doesnt quite have it all the way down though.
I dont know when shell come home. They are pushing for fortifying my milk and bottles to " get her home faster" despite no medical reason to say she needs to do either. It's really up to dd3 to get better and better at nursing.
She has the right idea, I need help making sure shes actually removing milk, that's my plan today to get figured out.

The girls are acting out but understand. Today is dd2 birthday! 12yrs old. 6 day old, 12, 13 and 14 year olds. Oy!!

I didn’t realize you had such a big age gap between your now youngest and 2nd dd OnErth. Hoping baby can completely figure out latching and getting milk out from you!
Red, why are they inducing so early? That’s so soon!!

Anyone else had cervix checks yet? I haven’t since 27 weeks. I’ve refused all cervix checks because I’m afraid of it triggering labor or further dilation. The last couple appointments they have wanted to check but I said no. My next appointment I made for Jan 2 and I will be checked then if I make it that far. I definitely am curious how far dilated I am but it seems too risky but by then I will be okay with it.

I've been absent for most of this pregnancy, but I've completely caught up on reading everything! Congratulations OnErth, and I hope Nora continues to thrive :)

I had my cervix checked today for the first time, and I'm 1cm & 50% effaced. Unfortunately, I also found out today that I have been risked out for a home birth... I was told I had gestational diabetes 8 weeks ago, and I ended up needing to take metformin. My body isn't tolerating it, and I'm officially on insulin (needles). Really bummed out about that, but I'll do whatever is best for baby.

Hope everyone is doing well, and is enjoying the holidays with their families!

I started having my cervix checked every time with my weekly appointments starting at 36 weeks. I would normally have had my 39 week appointment today for another check, but because I won't technically be 39 until Wednesday I wanted to have it on Friday so that I can also get a stretch and sweep done and they won't do that until I was officially 39 weeks.

I am so over false labor though, two nights ago I was having contractions every 15 minutes and was getting excited and it died off. Tonight my daughter and I passed out at 8pm and I woke up around 11:30pm with some gnarly contractions every 10 minutes, so again thought tonight was the night and now it's 1:30am and everything is tapering off. Like come on now, quit teasing me and if I'm going to be in pain like this I'd like it to actually mean something lol but I'm kind of glad because if I go in today (24th) I'm going to be in the hospital still on Christmas morning and miss out on that...especially since I haven't even finished wrapping all of the presents yet ](*,) I should have expected this though, my daughter was just as stubborn. I'm just waiting to see if he's a Christmas baby at this point, which I am going to laugh if he is since I found out I was pregnant with him on Easter morning, the irony of the pagan having such big pregnancy related events happening on the biggest Christian holidays is just great lol

I think that’s 3 of us in here with gestational diabetes. Kind of crazy! Sorry that ruins your homebirth plans MommyPrice.

Hopefully baby will wait until Dec 26 to arrive Beadle. I also worry I will go into labor Christmas. Had some close contractions again this evening. Not as bad as last time but a couple hours of them being 5-10 min apart. They seem to have died down a bit.

I didn't have my cervix checked until I was in labor. I was 1cm.

Dd3 is doing ok. Still needs to work on eating. 2 days of 100% oral feeds, her tube can come out. 2 more days and she will come home. Right now, shes back and forth. I was really hoping for this weekend but every time they tube her, the clock resets.

In the UK, we dont get our cervix checked unless there is a reason it needs to be checked such as a sweep, bleeding, labour, waters going etc and seeing as I'm having a csection, I doubt mine will be checked at all this pregnancy.

Anyway was just logging on to say I hope you all have a lovely Christmas with your families!! Treasure every special moment xx

Happy Christmas everyone :) hope everyone is doing ok! I’m struggling a bit at the moment very emotional! I am reading everything and wishing everyone lots of luck xx

Sorry she has to stay in over Christmas, OnErth. Hopefully she is coming home by this weekend.
Sorry you are struggling Red. Pregnancy is tough for some of us. I find myself jealous of those who don’t have any complications or nausea etc.
I feel so mentally drained half the time. I literally feel like it’s taking everything to keep this baby in me. There are times I can’t even talk without setting a contraction off and times I can’t move at all. I have to hold perfectly still or contractions come even closer. It’s insane. I must have a very irritable uterus. I’m getting close to my goal date though so that’s good. Ideally I want to make it to at least 38 weeks but at this point Jan 1 and beyond I will be happy with. I’ve made it so far from 27 weeks though so I really feel I can’t complain at this point! My kids and husband are excited to see our baby. I told them she will most likely be here by early January since I go off bedrest the 1st. Just 1 more full week of bedrest.

Thanks for the support, everyone. I think my DH has decided to cancel his far away snowboarding trip. He is still doing a snowboarding trip but at a hill that’s 1.5 hours away as opposed to 9 hours away and only for 2 days as opposed to 4. I think I’m okay with that, as hopefully my labour would last at least 1.5 hours (although you never know).

Ashley - that is strange that any sugar irritates your bladder, but at least you know what’s causing it now and can mostly avoid it. That is so sad that you couldn’t eat the dairy free cookies that your neighbour brought you! It would be extra hard to have GD at Christmas time.

OnErth - I am sorry that Nora still had to be in the hospital over Christmas. I sure hope she can come home soon! Hoping your Christmas was still okay.

Beadle - I’m sorry you keep having false labour. That would be very tiring.

Redhead - sorry you’ve been feeling poorly. Is there a reason they might want to induce you on January 2? Have you found out if they will yet? We are all almost there.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

We had a busy Christmas season and had to finish all our shopping and wrapping very last minute and I never got to do as much baking as I had wanted. At the end of the day, it didn’t really matter and we still had a nice Christmas. I’ve definitely been a bit of a blob for it and haven’t done a whole lot. The kids enjoyed their presents and playing with their cousins. We are still at my parents’ house today but will go home later. I am also feeling a bit down. I’m not sure if it’s the pregnancy hormones or just life but I definitely haven’t felt as happy as I usually do around the holidays. Oh well.

Anyone have painful Braxton hicks? I haven’t really had them be too painful yet. But tonight they are getting worse and worse. But not close enough together yet. Feels like knives stabbing into my lower belly and vagina each time I get one. I don’t know if these are real or not

I am getting these too Ashley, just for the past couple of days. Super painful! Hope I don't get any while out of the house as they make it pretty much impossible to walk.

20 days until my c-section, so crazy.

Baby girl is here. Went in and was 6 cm with bulging waters. Had to be put under because spinal block would not go in for some reason and at that point I was 10 cm dilated. She is doing good no breathing issues. 5 lbs 13 oz and 19”. Woke up in a lot of pain and hoping to get it under control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->