January 2020 Garnets

Oh gosh congratulations! So glad you are both okay! You must be relieved you’ve done so well with everything you’ve had going on! Does she have a name?
Hope everyone else is doing okay - OnErth have you made it home?

Not 100% sure on her name yet.
She is super sleepy and just not wanting to nurse which is frustrating. I’m going to have to pump after trying to do feeds since she is just wanting to sleep

So they tried 5 times to get the spinal block in but for some reason it would not go in It was painful as it kept causing the shooting pains down my right leg. But it wasn’t going down each leg. My OB checked me at that point since my contractions were very painful and I was 10 cm. So they said they would do general anesthesia. At that point I was begging for it though. I woke up with my incision hurting since I didn’t actually get any type of numbing meds. Now the incision feels somewhat okay but my entire belly just hurts and aches. They said it’s normal with all the moving around etc done during a c-section. But those belly checks where they push on your uterus kill!! I can hardly stand the pain. It wasn’t this bad with my other c-sections.

Oh gosh well I hope you feel better soon. You’ve both had a surprise, no wonder she’s sleepy, hopefully she’ll start feeding soon. Xx

Ashley - congratulations!!!! It’s great that you made it until you did! You were such a trooper this whole pregnancy and now she’s finally here, safe and sound! So happy for you. I am very sorry about your pain level today. I hope you heal quickly and that they are able to give you adequate pain relief. Hugs! That’s awful you had to get to 10 cm on your own before finally getting your c-section. How far apart were your contractions when you went into the hospital?
Once again, I’m so happy for you that she’s here and congratulations again!
Also, sorry she is so sleepy but hopefully she starts feeding well soon!
I wonder if we’ll have any more December babies?

Fit mama - Sorry to hear that you’re having painful Braxton Hicks! I hope those subside.

Yes, I hated the pushing on your belly part. Ugh.

Ive been home for a week. Shes gained weight but needs to work on eating still.

Oh yes, I forgot to comment on the pushing on the belly but that hurts so much!

Ashley - they say that the after birth pains are more painful with each subsequent child, so it makes sense that it’s so much more painful this time. :( My after birth contractions with dd2 were horrendous and caused my teeth to chatter and my blood pressure to shoot up just from the pain of it...so I am seriously dreading how they’ll be with dd3.

OnErth - I hope she continues to improve on the eating front! That’s great that she’s gaining weight at least. Baby steps!

Congratulations Ashley!! Today is my 9th Wedding Anniversary, so I'll be thinking of you as we're celebrating :)

I'm so happy to hear she's doing well, and that you were able to carry her this long (providing all the other complications you've faced this pregnancy!).

Last year with the cancer, they had just cut me open and were giving me shots in the belly, that's hurt...but after Nora's birth, the nurses pushing hurt worse. The last nurse seemed to push harder than the rest.

2 January babies born! I hope everyone else hangs in there these last weeks. It's tough but you can make it!

I can’t believe it’s actually time for us to have these babies! After trying for almost 7 years it feels so bizarre that I’m going to finally be a mum!
also how crazy that the two babies born are both from the end of January, and the early Jan babies are still waiting! Well as far as I know anyway! Hope it’s not a pattern I’m still hoping to continue cooking my little nugget for a few more weeks!

I think you just know in your gut when you'll go. I knew she could come around 36 weeks. I was hopeful for 40 of course. I wouldnt have imagined 34 but 2 out of 3 showed 36 was the line.

Congratulations Ashley!!! Pleased to hear all is well.

Not much longer to go everyone

Been to get checked over today. Had really bad headaches and flashing lights in my vision. Had blood pressure took and it was higher than usual 134/88 (been around 110/60 for past few months). Came down after an hour or so to 118/88 which is normal apparently even though my lower number is never that high. Protein in wee due to my kidney disease. Had some bloods and got to wait till tomorrow for the results. Got final growth Scan tomorrow and final antenatal appointment. 18 days or less to go! Xx

Going for it - I hope the test results come back okay. That’s good your BP went back down to a “normal” level even if it was a bit high for you. I hope all is clear. It’s good you went in to get checked.

Congratulations Ashley and great job keeping her cooking as long as you did!! I've never been on bedrest but it sounds like no joke, as someone who always has to be doing something I can imagine how tough it must have been. Fx everything is easier for you going forward.

Hope everything is okay with your blood pressure and your test results Sophie. Only 17 days to go for us both!

Just trucking along here. It's my second to last week of work and thankfully it's a short one. I also have my second to last midwife appointment today. I've been reading more about Baby being breech (though I believe he's actually transverse) and Dr. Google is scaring me a bit so I plan on asking lots of questions.

Literati - I know I can't wait. Are you getting impatient now, I know I am!?

Blood results all back and no pre eclampsia thank god! Had growth Scan and baby is still measuring large. Estimated weight today is 7lb 14oz!! All is looking well except for my fluid levels which are now suddenly low. They did a strip test to see if my waters have gone and it was negative so nothing is leaking. Consultant said just to keep an eye on movements etc. Said all she could do is give another scan in 2 weeks but as he will be born in 2 weeks there would be no point.

How are the babies doing on earth and Ashley? X

Nora is good. She lost a bit of weight and still needs to work on eating.

I feel pretty good physically. I think that's from adrenaline and motivation though.

Glad you don't have pre-eclampsia Sophie, phew! 16 days to go for us, eeeek!

Glad Nora is doing well.

Went to my midwife appointment yesterday armed with all of my questions (as well as with my DS who was sent home from daycare for being sick and was up half of last night crying, sigh) only to find out that Baby is head down now haha. Even though I'm having a c-section I'm feeling happy and relieved about this as now I can stop googling and worrying about all the reasons he might not be head down.

How is everyone doing? One day until our birth month starts!!! Wonder who will be next!

Sorry ladies I've been totally rubbish at keeping up!

Ashley - congratulations!! Hope you will feel better soon and smooth recovery.

Sophie - glad you don't have pre-eclampsia. Not long now! Fingers crossed this last bit of your pregnancy goes smoothly. These babies do like to worry us.

Hope everyone else is ticking along nicely and hope the January babies that have already arrived are doing well!

My due date is on Thursday and I'm still cooking. Almost ended up getting induced last Friday due to reduced movements but fortunately little man finally decided to start moving again and with some more monitoring the next day they were happy with him. Keep getting strong period cramps and back pain that wakes me up overnight but it never amounts to anything. Loads of Braxton hicks. When I was examined at 39+2 the midwife couldn't even reach my cervix though so who knows!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->