January 2020 Garnets

Sophie - that’s such a relief that you don’t have pre-eclampsia! That definitely sounds like a very big baby you have in there! Sorry to hear your fluid levels are low but hopefully everything will be fine and baby will stay super active for you! That’s exciting that he will be born in less than 2 weeks!

OnErth - I’m glad Nora is doing ok but I hope she masters that eating thing and gains more weight very soon! I’m glad to hear that you’re doing well physically. Adrenaline can definitely
help with that!

Fit mama - I am relieved for you that baby is head down now and that you can stop worrying about that! :) Yay! I also wonder who will be next. It’s an exciting time!

Mother of pugs - sounds like you are very close and that your body is getting ready even if it’s not there yet! I’m sorry to hear about the reduced Fetal movement scare, but I’m glad baby decided to get active again so you didn’t have to worry! Best of luck in these final days of waiting!

AFM - I’m doing well pregnancy wise, but have been SO tired and dragged out this past week. It’s a good thing I’ve been on holidays because I don’t think I would have been productive at all at work!

When I saw my doctor yesterday she said I should go in to the hospital basically as soon as I’m in labour due to the extra risks with the polyhydramnios. She said they might send me back home but it’s better to get checked out right away.

Literati - I know I can't wait. Are you getting impatient now, I know I am!?

Blood results all back and no pre eclampsia thank god! Had growth Scan and baby is still measuring large. Estimated weight today is 7lb 14oz!! All is looking well except for my fluid levels which are now suddenly low. They did a strip test to see if my waters have gone and it was negative so nothing is leaking. Consultant said just to keep an eye on movements etc. Said all she could do is give another scan in 2 weeks but as he will be born in 2 weeks there would be no point.

How are the babies doing on earth and Ashley? X

Hi hon sorry to jump in but just wanted to say to try and not worry about the growth scans. My son was 6lbs 13oz at my 34 week growth scan and was told he was going to be a good 8 and half to 9lbs when born.
Well he was only 7lbs 6oz so please try and not worry because them growth scans are not accurate at all and can be out by up to 2lbs either way.

Nora's feeding tube should come out tomorrow and shed be home by the weekend. 2.5week nicu stay isnt bad. I mean, it is tough but it's not bad.

Congratulations hon. I'm sorry she came so early but that's fantastic to hear she may be aloud home soon.
My daughter was born at 35 weeks and was in NICU for 17 days in total.
She also had problems with her weight. She was 5lbs at birth but she had eternal bleeding so cudnt have any milk for 2 days. She dropped to 4lbs 9oz. It was worrying but after her feeding tube was removed she improved. Praying she will be home soon hon.

To all u other ladies due in jan good luck. My daughter was born on the 19th jan it's such a lovely month to have a baby.

Cant wait to see all these baby pictures.
Sorry to jump in on ure thread I hope u all dont mind.

Happy new year to you all.

Hi hon sorry to jump in but just wanted to say to try and not worry about the growth scans. My son was 6lbs 13oz at my 34 week growth scan and was told he was going to be a good 8 and half to 9lbs when born.
Well he was only 7lbs 6oz so please try and not worry because them growth scans are not accurate at all and can be out by up to 2lbs either way.

Congratulations hon. I'm sorry she came so early but that's fantastic to hear she may be aloud home soon.
My daughter was born at 35 weeks and was in NICU for 17 days in total.
She also had problems with her weight. She was 5lbs at birth but she had eternal bleeding so cudnt have any milk for 2 days. She dropped to 4lbs 9oz. It was worrying but after her feeding tube was removed she improved. Praying she will be home soon hon.

To all u other ladies due in jan good luck. My daughter was born on the 19th jan it's such a lovely month to have a baby.

Cant wait to see all these baby pictures.
Sorry to jump in on ure thread I hope u all dont mind.

Happy new year to you all.

Hi, don't worry about jumping in on the post. That's reassuring that your bubs wasn't as big as predicted. I'm hoping that mine won't be as big as they think. My dd was 8lb8oz at 38 weeks and she didn't seem to stay a baby for long and with him being my last, would love a smaller baby just to baby for a little bit longer if that makes sense lol. X

Happy New Year, all! I’m a little stressed because I’ve been having contractions for about 2.5 hours now and they are only about 3-5 minutes apart. Normally that would mean I’m in labour, but the pain is very mild. I’m pretty sure it’s just false labour, but I’ve never had that before (aside from just the odd contraction, but nothing regular) so it’s confusing me. The pain does not seem to be worsening so I am just trying to lie down and relax for now. It is causing me stress because we haven’t even taken the baby clothes out yet, and we need to buy a dresser to put them in because we have no room with dd1 & 2’s clothes! Ugh! Hopefully these go away and we will have a couple more weeks to prepare.

Literati - if they are that close together and have been for such a long period, I would phone in the hospital. Especially with you having the extra fluid. If this is time, good luck hun!! X

I would call the hospital and see what they say just in case. I hope you’re doing ok and they ease off! X

Thanks, ladies.

I did end up calling the hospital after it had been going on for 6+ hours. The nurse said if I were 37+ weeks she would have told me to wait, but since I am only 36 weeks she advised me to come in and get checked.

They were extremely nice at the hospital and didn’t make me feel bad at all for coming in. I was not dilated, thankfully (although I didn’t really think I was). The contractions also started to subside by the time I got to the hospital (which was after they had been going strong for 7.5 hours). It turns out that I appear to have a bladder infection, which might be the cause of the contractions. So I have to take a single dose antibiotic for that. The doctor also said that if I’m still having contractions tomorrow that I shouldn’t go in to work. Hopefully I’ll be fine, as I only have a week and a half left of work and don’t really have sick leave to use up. Anyway, I’m off to bed. Hopefully these contractions leave me alone until it’s the real deal!

Glad you're okay Literati and that you went in and got checked so they were able to catch the bladder infection and treat it. Yes, hopefully you will have a contraction free pregnancy until baby is actually ready to arrive!

37 weeks today and 14 days until my c-section!! Also, one week until my last day of work. My husband has been slacking on certain things and is really starting to get on my nerves, so I'm hoping he'll step it up a bit before I end up getting really mad. :roll:

Aww congratulations OnErth I’m so pleased for you. Enjoy your week!

Literati I hope your contractions have stopped now and you’ve had some rest! It’s lucky they caught the infection for you. Be careful with sick leave too - I know my works policy is that if you go off in the last month with a pregnancy related illness your mat leave automatically starts - I think it may be statutory so I would check to be on the safe side. Hopefully you’ll be feeling better by then anyway.

I had a growth scan today which went well, got my induction date for my due date (29th) so just under 4 weeks to go! I’m relieved as I thought it may be earlier. :)

I'm so happy for you OnErth! You definitely deserve a week off to just relax with your newest little one.

We're all in the home stretch now ladies! I just received my induction date for January 16th, so exactly two more weeks till it's go time! DS2's birthday is January 14th, so he's excited to have an "almost" birthday buddy :)

Fit mama - thank you! I’m sorry your husband has been slacking on things! I feel the same way and I really hope he gets his butt in gear in time for the baby! But I would feel so much better if things had been done far ahead of time.
I hope your husband gets things done very soon so you don’t have to get mad!

OnErth - congratulations on Nora going home! That is so exciting that dd1 and dd2 will finally get to meet her! Enjoy this special time with your family. <3

red head - so glad that your growth scan went well and that you got your induction date! It must make it all the more real to have that set!

Thank you for the caution re:sick leave. Thankfully, where I live if you are written off on medical leave by your doctor for a pregnancy-related reason, they cannot force you to start your maternity leave and you can actually wait until your due date/the baby’s birth (whichever is sooner) to start the leave. :) However, I’m hoping that doesn’t happen because I don’t have any sick pay with work so I probably would have to just start mat leave early.

Thankfully, I haven’t had any noticeable contractions today (just some painless BH) so that’s been a relief. I am hoping I can make it through until the end.

MommyPrice - That’s so exciting about your induction date on the 16th! Nice that it is just 2 days after DS2’s birthday! It’s getting so close for all of us! I am hoping to find out at my appointment on Monday if they will induce me or not, but I’m not 100% sure if they will decide that then or not.

Hi all, just thought I'd check in and so glad I did! How exciting is it to see these babies starting to arrive?! :dance:
Congratulations Ashley and OnErth on your babies and I hope all is going well.
Pregnancy hormones are the perfect excuse to kick the lazy husbands in to touch fitmama so do it now you have the excuse :haha:
As for me, I'm just about ready, just some little bits left to buy but I can get them after baby gets here, no biggy. Few bumps in the road for me, gestational diabetes fasting levels were being a pain in the butt and staying elevated so I'm now on 2g Metformin with my evening meal and 5u of insulin before bed, only started that yesterday though so only time will tell if that's working. Had my 36 week midwife appointment on Tuesday and not only is baby breech but also measuring 39 weeks with the fundal check, midwife seems adamant that they won't be able to do that thing where they turn the baby through the stomach with me because I have a fairly big umbilical hernia in the way so as it stands, I'm getting a c-section. I have a growth scan on the 9th and 3 other appointments with endocrinologist, diabetes nurse and obstetrician so I think I'll be coming out of there with a plan in place and a date (fingers crossed!) I never thought I'd say this but I'm hoping baby stays breech as they've said they can fix my hernia at the same time and I fought the doctors for almost 5 years to get it fixed before I fell pregnant with this baby!
Can't wait to check in again in a few days and see who else has had their bundles of joy!!

Bumblebee - that makes sense that you would want the baby to stay breech if they can then fix your hernia at the same time. Hope you get the c-section you’re hoping for!

I’m sorry your GD was acting up and that you had to go on meds. At least the end is in sight!

Sounds like you have a lot of appointments coming up. I feel like I have so many too and I find that very tiring. Oh well. Hope all yours go well and that you feel good about whatever plan is made!

OnErth amazing news. Enjoy your week of being a bigger family and adapting. So pleased you and Nora get to go home!

Bumblebee I can understand that you don't want baby to move now. I hope they can sort the hernia for you whilst doing the section.

Not long to go now...I don't know about everyone else but my days are certainly flying by now. My parents arrive at the end of next week so they are on hand to help out with our little girl. Still no real plan if Labour starts before where she will go but I'm sure we'd work something out.

Hi everyone hope your all week.

Congrats to those who have babies already!

I dont have much time to catch up on all the posts I actually just popped in to let you all know my little man has arrived. I've not had a minute spare to get on but he made a very unexpected arrival at 12:34am Christmas eve. Weighing a very healthy 8lb4 at just 38+1.

So hes 11 days old now and hes just amazing. I'm absolutely exhausted and Christmas was completely interrupted but we have got through it. Never had a baby come early, and all I wanted was to get over xmas but he had other ideas, he didnt want to miss out lol!

Will try to get on later for a proper catch up!

Screenshot_20200104-120641_Gallery.jpg

Congrats Ana! He's SO cute! Can't wait to hear the birth story, especially since you weren't expecting him to come early and it was the day before Christmas.

Is anyone hiring a birth photographer, or having their other kids be in the room? I always have a photographer come and enjoy looking back at the pictures later on, but I've never had my kids in the room before. My two eldest boys (ages 8 and 6) both really want to be there and I'm conflicted on whether or not I should let them...

Ana - wow, congrats! He is SO adorable! That’s crazy that he decided to come early and on Christmas Eve of all days! I definitely breathed a sigh of relief when I made it through the Christmas season without giving birth. It definitely sounds like it must have been a very busy and different kind of Christmas but I’m glad you made it through and that you are enjoying the time with your sweet little guy!

mommy price - we won’t be having a birth photographer or having my kids in the room. I don’t know of anyone who’s had their kids in the room but I’m sure it would be good to hear from someone who has! Hope you can decide.

PS - I am beyond irritable and tired. I have no motivation to do anything and have been sitting on the couch since I woke up/finished breakfast. Mind you, the kids have been crawling all over me the entire time so it hasn’t exactly been relaxing. I have so much to do before this baby comes but have no idea how I’ll ever get it done with this little motivation. Anyone else feeling like a total blob?

Awww Ana congratulations he is gorgeous!! What a lovely Christmas gift.

Mommy I'm not planning on birth photographer or kids in the room. I look forward to hearing your experience on this though.

Literati I have been feeling the same. Things are so much harder but then today I've got some energy randomly and started gutting the utility room and mopping the floors! 37 weeks tomorrow so maybe my nesting instincts have started?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->