January Hopefuls...What's next for us???

So I have decided to def do the baking soda thing. I just can't decide if I want to do the douche or just plain baking soda on it's on. Erin, some of my research is bringing up people saying this approach is very good for hostile cm which is what you suspected you had. So just a thought for you. Obviously I have no idea if it works. I am usually the type to be very skeptical of messing with my natural system. But based on my ph testing, I really think it is worth a try for me. I am a little more acidic than I think is ideal. I don't know if this will change in the next day or 2 as O hits. So I couldn't find an empty douche bottle, so I just bought like a summer's eve set & I was just going to pour it out, rinse, & replace with the baking soda mix.

So I think that is enough on that topic...lol

Happy New Year!!

AF finally showed today. Hoping for some good base line labs so that I can move onto IUI #2!!

So I have decided to def do the baking soda thing. I just can't decide if I want to do the douche or just plain baking soda on it's on. Erin, some of my research is bringing up people saying this approach is very good for hostile cm which is what you suspected you had. So just a thought for you. Obviously I have no idea if it works. I am usually the type to be very skeptical of messing with my natural system. But based on my ph testing, I really think it is worth a try for me. I am a little more acidic than I think is ideal. I don't know if this will change in the next day or 2 as O hits. So I couldn't find an empty douche bottle, so I just bought like a summer's eve set & I was just going to pour it out, rinse, & replace with the baking soda mix.

So I think that is enough on that topic...lol

Well, as far as the cm goes, I was pleased with how the robitussin helped, so I guess I'll just stick with that. But as far as acidity, I'll be curious to hear if you feel like it helps. Did you end up doing the ph test then? I didn't recall you posting that you did, but I know I missed a bunch of posts for a while. When i tested my ph, it came out normal, but I did it several days before O, and I know Allison mentioned I should do it right around O to really know. So I think I'll do it again when I know for sure when I'm gonna O. I took acidophilus every day last cycle, so I'm wondering if that prevents acidity too. Let us know how the baking soda goes!

I am curious to see if my cm just goes back to normal this month too, since I can't take the clomid until after real AF comes, if I do O this month (like so many others did after a m/c), I'm hoping to see some EW. Lots of mysteries for me this month. No telling what's in store.

Happy New Year!!

AF finally showed today. Hoping for some good base line labs so that I can move onto IUI #2!!

Well moni, I'm sorry AF had to come. :( But now that it's here, you can look forward to getting on with IUI#2. I feel pretty optimistic about this one for you. :) Do you know about when you'll be having it?

Happy New Year!!

Well moni, I'm sorry AF had to come. :( But now that it's here, you can look forward to getting on with IUI#2. I feel pretty optimistic about this one for you. :) Do you know about when you'll be having it?

Thanks! I'll go in for the baseline labs on Friday. If get the green light, prob go for the scan next Thursday and the IUI would likely be before the 13th based on prior cycles. I'll know more after the labs.

Happy New Year!!

Thanks! I'll go in for the baseline labs on Friday. If get the green light, prob go for the scan next Thursday and the IUI would likely be before the 13th based on prior cycles. I'll know more after the labs.

I hope your levels cooperate this time :)

Beaglemom - good luck, hoping you will report back about the baking soda. I never heard of that before but quickly googled it after reading your post. I read that you could either douche, mix it with preseed or simply dip your finger in it and insert. We are trying preseed this month since I have no clue what will happen with my cycle, though the new doctor assured me I would ovulate before AF returns.

Erin, I know you can't use clomid but do you still plan on trying the robitussin this cycle? I sometimes feel like I don't do enough to up my chances.

Moni, I am sorry to hear AF showed...but it sounds like you are looking at it as a fresh start to the new year. Wishing you luck on your labs. Keep us posted!

Hello again to all the newbies joining us this month! Looking forward to seeing updates and hopefully lots of bfps this month! Happy New Year!

I just took an OPK & it is negative. Very close to positive. So I feel good about that. Makes me feel like tomorrow will be another peak.

So Erin, I did do a ph test & I wanted to ask you about yours. I did one yesterday just to see what it said. It was "normal" based on the color chart. Looked to be about 4.5 I think. Anyways "normal" on the vagisil is to determine you do not have a yeast infection. You are supposed to be acidic throughout the month to fight bacteria naturally. But during O you should be more alkaline. Sperm are about a ph of 7 or 8. So according to the chart, you would not be normal, but you would be ideal for ttc. I hope this makes sense. So the baking soda should neutralize you to make it more ideal to conceive. Funny thing is when you google this stuff, you find a lot of women use it to try to get a boy. Girl sperm live longer in the acidity. We are a stronger sex from the beginning ;) Anyways, I hope this makes sense. I wish I had bought more tests to use as I am actually ovulating. Not sure how many days a cycle you should be more alkaline.

I never liked science class & had hoped I left that behind freshman year of college. Oh, well.

Anyways...my body has a lot going on tonight. Gonna try to get 3 glasses of tea in for the day, using the baking soda, then also using the preseed. I also plan to get to bed by 8 or so. My husband has a terrible thing about zonking out if we stay up too late. So I need him awake & plenty of time to relax.

Beaglemom - good luck, hoping you will report back about the baking soda. I never heard of that before but quickly googled it after reading your post. I read that you could either douche, mix it with preseed or simply dip your finger in it and insert. We are trying preseed this month since I have no clue what will happen with my cycle, though the new doctor assured me I would ovulate before AF returns.

Erin, I know you can't use clomid but do you still plan on trying the robitussin this cycle? I sometimes feel like I don't do enough to up my chances.

Moni, I am sorry to hear AF showed...but it sounds like you are looking at it as a fresh start to the new year. Wishing you luck on your labs. Keep us posted!

Hello again to all the newbies joining us this month! Looking forward to seeing updates and hopefully lots of bfps this month! Happy New Year!

Savvy, I am going to do the douche. Only because I really am unsure of how to mix it with preseed. And taking it straight seems kinda weird. Also I read it can burn that way...especially if you come in contact with the cervix. This is all strange for me because I never mess around down there. I think I may have used a douche once & that was years ago...only did it because I never had & was curious. I didn't really see what the point was...didn't notice a difference either way after.

Hi savvy! Ya know, I've been wondering if I want to use the robitussin or not this month... I'm almost curious to remember what my cm was like before clomid, so I'm tempted to skip it. Also, I don't know when I'll O this time, so I wouldn't know when to start drinking it, although I suppose I could just start drinking it the day I get a pos OPK. I'm gonna think about that... I want to see what type of cm I get naturally, but I know I'll be mad at myself for not drinking it if I don't get good cm, lol! Are you just gonna start drinking it when you get a pos opk?

Beaglemom, I probably should've gotten a more advanced test... Mine didn't have a chart... It just said, if it turns blue, you're acidic, and if it doesn't, then you're ok. I didn't think to look for a better one since I had just happened to run across that without even knowing they existed at all at the time. I was just excited to see that they had something to try at home! But now that I know there's a more in-depth one, I may try that.

Also, did you know that there are those pre-filled applicators called Rephresh which are supposed to neutralize you? They're embarrassing to buy because they say on the box that they help vaginal odor too (I was like, geez!). But I guess sometimes a messed up pH "could" cause vaginal odor too..? Anyway, the point of them is to neutralize everything and balance you out. I don't really know if they'd work the same way as the baking soda or not though.

Hi savvy! Ya know, I've been wondering if I want to use the robitussin or not this month... I'm almost curious to remember what my cm was like before clomid, so I'm tempted to skip it. Also, I don't know when I'll O this time, so I wouldn't know when to start drinking it, although I suppose I could just start drinking it the day I get a pos OPK. I'm gonna think about that... I want to see what type of cm I get naturally, but I know I'll be mad at myself for not drinking it if I don't get good cm, lol! Are you just gonna start drinking it when you get a pos opk?

Beaglemom, I probably should've gotten a more advanced test... Mine didn't have a chart... It just said, if it turns blue, you're acidic, and if it doesn't, then you're ok. I didn't think to look for a better one since I had just happened to run across that without even knowing they existed at all at the time. I was just excited to see that they had something to try at home! But now that I know there's a more in-depth one, I may try that.

Also, did you know that there are those pre-filled applicators called Rephresh which are supposed to neutralize you? They're embarrassing to buy because they say on the box that they help vaginal odor too (I was like, geez!). But I guess sometimes a messed up pH "could" cause vaginal odor too..? Anyway, the point of them is to neutralize everything and balance you out. I don't really know if they'd work the same way as the baking soda or not though.

Yeh I just bought the vagisil test. About $12 (2 tests). But like I said you have to read it backwards. If it says you are ok, that means your acid level is ideal for the environment...but we are looking for a higher ph to allow a good environment for the sperm.

I saw the rephresh & also there is a pill you can take...like a probiotic. But I feel like if I am going to do this, the plain baking soda is a more natural approach. At least I know I am only introducing 1 thing to my system...you never know what all the other consists of.

As far as embarrassment...I don't even feel it anymore. Sometimes I feel awkward if I am standing in line with just my ttc stuff. But I don't live in a crazy small town or anything...plus like I said, I just don't care anymore. :)

I am new to this site and thought I would join! My DH and I have been TTC#1 for about 4 yrs now. A year and a half was not trying but not preventing. Then on and off again TTC. I got a + on 2 test but a bunch of - also. Went to see the doctor and he said that I might of had a chemical pregnancy. He made me feel like I made the + tests up. Later, I went to my gyno and he gave me clomid x3 still nothing. So then I took Fertilaid and Fertiltea and my DH was on Fertilaid as well. We also used preseed and soft cups. Never got a BFP. So went back to my gyno who said he could do nothing for me anymore. So my dh and I research an RE and made and appointment. That appointment he said that no I did have a miscarriage which I was not aware of. So that was very hard. Anyway, HSG revealed that my right tube may be blocked. RE could not get any iodine through. He said he wanted to wait to do surgery since he had just started. Took femara for a cycle went for ultrasound and post coital test which reveled that my CM is hostile due to 2 LEEPs. Who knew?!So he said the only way to do anything about it was to do IUI. But he did not give me the trigger shot. So we did the IUI and got a BFN. So now we are going to try it again this month. CD5 and ultrasound on CD12. I want the trigger shot this time. Anyone know where I could get it for relatively cheap? An online pharmacy or pharmacy?

Good morning ladies. . . I have to admit i was wrong this cycle. i got my bfp this am officially. now i need some advise. i am super worried it will end in mc bc i haven't ever had a bfp before, so my thought is to wait the time out to make sure its not a chemical or going to mc. My question is i have an obgyn appt Jan 22 can i wait until then to have a test or should i notify my md now? its only a couple weeks away and i am not do for af until the 5th. please let me know your thoughts and reasons. thanks in advance.

Good morning ladies. . . I have to admit i was wrong this cycle. i got my bfp this am officially. now i need some advise. i am super worried it will end in mc bc i haven't ever had a bfp before, so my thought is to wait the time out to make sure its not a chemical or going to mc. My question is i have an obgyn appt Jan 22 can i wait until then to have a test or should i notify my md now? its only a couple weeks away and i am not do for af until the 5th. please let me know your thoughts and reasons. thanks in advance.

Omg, FBG, that is so exciting! You weren't even counting dpo or expecting anything, and now this great news. I'm really happy for you girl.

Ok... Please do NOT worry about a cp or m/c. I know you've seen it happen, and it obviously weighs on your mind. But I highly doubt you have a thing to worry about, especially if you got a decent line on that hpt! :) If I were you, I'd call and tell your OB you're prego so that they can do a blood test when you get there on the 22nd, and they can confirm you're progressing just fine. :) If it will put your mind at ease, you can always see if you can get in earlier for the blood test. Just don't worry and stress...that'll wreak havoc on your body, and you sure you don't need that. You got your bfp lady!!! Stop worrying and start glowing!!! :happydance: Huge congrats!

I am new to this site and thought I would join! My DH and I have been TTC#1 for about 4 yrs now. A year and a half was not trying but not preventing. Then on and off again TTC. I got a + on 2 test but a bunch of - also. Went to see the doctor and he said that I might of had a chemical pregnancy. He made me feel like I made the + tests up. Later, I went to my gyno and he gave me clomid x3 still nothing. So then I took Fertilaid and Fertiltea and my DH was on Fertilaid as well. We also used preseed and soft cups. Never got a BFP. So went back to my gyno who said he could do nothing for me anymore. So my dh and I research an RE and made and appointment. That appointment he said that no I did have a miscarriage which I was not aware of. So that was very hard. Anyway, HSG revealed that my right tube may be blocked. RE could not get any iodine through. He said he wanted to wait to do surgery since he had just started. Took femara for a cycle went for ultrasound and post coital test which reveled that my CM is hostile due to 2 LEEPs. Who knew?!So he said the only way to do anything about it was to do IUI. But he did not give me the trigger shot. So we did the IUI and got a BFN. So now we are going to try it again this month. CD5 and ultrasound on CD12. I want the trigger shot this time. Anyone know where I could get it for relatively cheap? An online pharmacy or pharmacy?

Sorry you are going through all that...I hope it works for you this cycle.

AWESOME NEWS!

Try not to stress. Honestly, I think the forum makes me worry more about things. We see chemicals & mc all the time but I really think you need to consider the pool the info is coming from. Obviously always talking with TTC folks we are going to hear about a higher number of these instances. But worrying is normal, just try to relax like Erin said.

I think my doctor is just different. They do blood work all week & you can just stop in & they fit you in. But I have never needed blood work to confirm pregnancy. Definitely call your doctor & tell them you got a positive & see what they suggest.

Very excited for you!!!

So my monitor said peak again today, but I only saw one line on the actual test. I don't know what it means, because we never rea the lines just the monitor. Either way I brought 2 tests to work I plan to use this morning & this afternoon. If they both come out negative, I will consider yesterday my O day & put in another baby session tonight & maybe even tomorrow if the husband can keep up. I feel positive but honestly have no reason to. With his low count, we are not supposed to go more than every other day. And he had the analysis on the 31st AM & we had sex last night...so that is a decent abstain time...about 36 hours. I know it only takes one time, but it feels so much more comforting to get in more than one ahead of O day. But I still feel great. I think it is because of the tea & because I did the baking soda. I think it just makes me feel more proactive. It would just be crazy to get pregnant this cycle. I guess I am still crossing my fingers that Cheri22 was right about January.

Oh, I almost forgot. The baking soda was fine. I did that about 2 hours before. Then about 15 minutes before used the preseed. Usually I do not give the preseed enough time, but I did last night. The only thing was after the baking soda I did have some blood later when I wiped. But it was gone soon after & the sex did not agitate it or cause any more. This morning everything was clear.

I know blue dyes are a no no.. But is there a faint line or am I crazy? Lol. I think I'm imagining things

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 15
Cheri predicted Jan for me and she was right i didn't get a positive until Jan 1. today was my frer.

Hey everyone! I finally caught up and came to this thread!
So exciting FBG!!! Let us know what your dr says! They may even have you come in earlier than that!!
Erin, so glad you're being so positive. I know it's got to be hard, but I think a positive attitude will really help you!
And beaglemom, I did the baking soda too. I never used the test strips, but I just assumed baking soda couldn't hurt much, so I did it. I did it twice during O days along with preseed. I've also been drinking the fertilitea. I'm almost out though, so I ordered some more last night in addition to the fertilaid for women. I'm 9dpo now, so hopefully I won't need any of it, but just in case! I've been using progesterone cream too. I'm really trying to cover all my bases. Cheri said December and the other reading said January, so I'm really trying to stay positive!
When is everyone planning on testing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->